new grind help chinese light tanks

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Kutejikashi #1 Posted Aug 25 2019 - 15:03

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5430 battles
  • [MSFIT] MSFIT

So, I'm trying to start a light tank line because I want to be more helpful in the team and what best that spotting the enemy with a light tank.

Thing is, I've have been seeing a lot of chinese light tanks now and then on my matches and I always asked to myself:
What are they good at?, Their view range is good?, They have armour?, They have mobility?, what makes them appealing to players to grind?

If someone would help me decide wich light tank to start with, I would be thankfull.

With no more to say, thank you all.

ArmorStorm #2 Posted Aug 25 2019 - 15:13

Major

• Players
  • 37711 battles
  • [F__R] F__R
In this game the answer is always...Russian.

Ndtm #3 Posted Aug 25 2019 - 16:04

Major

• Players
  • 17694 battles
Mmm.. i suppose they're good all around (but as such doesn't excel in any one thing compared to the other light tanks)? though i've only played the Type 62 but have wanted to go down the tech tree line for more of the experience

Absols_blade #4 Posted Aug 25 2019 - 16:18

Captain

• Players
  • 15583 battles
  • [-STAB] -STAB
The light line is fun. They get decent guns (past  the tier six at least), and decent mobility. The tier ten even gets some armor to bounce smaller shells off the turret. To me they seem more of a jack of all trades without gun depression. But that’s how I play them

__WarChild__ #5 Posted Aug 25 2019 - 16:56

Major

• -Players-
  • 33898 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostKutejikashi, on Aug 25 2019 - 08:03, said:

So, I'm trying to start a light tank line because I want to be more helpful in the team and what best that spotting the enemy with a light tank.

Thing is, I've have been seeing a lot of chinese light tanks now and then on my matches and I always asked to myself:
What are they good at?, Their view range is good?, They have armour?, They have mobility?, what makes them appealing to players to grind?

If someone would help me decide wich light tank to start with, I would be thankfull.

It all depends on your ultimate intentions: 

1) Do you want a competitive Tier X to use in Clan Wars & Advances?  Russian T-100 LT & French EBR105 (the only NON-Premiums on this list)

2) Do you want the best Tier VI in the game for fun and Strongholds? Chinese Type 64 

3) Do you want a great Tier VIII for competitive play or pubby fun or especially Frontlines glory? Russian LT-432 & French EBR 75 (FL10)

4) Do you like auto-loaders and want to enjoy an 8 shot marvel at the unique Tier VII level? French AMX 13 57

5) Do you want to hide like a ghost so you can get up close and personal at Tier VIII?  French ELC Even 90

I went all the way to the Tier X Chinese Light tank, which plays more like a medium tank.  It can be fun in pub matches but it's not competitive and I don't play it at all anymore.  There are other good ones in the Chinese line but I forget which ones they are.

I hope this helps in some way.  Good luck!

__WarChild__

__WarChild__ #6 Posted Aug 25 2019 - 16:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 33898 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

Forgot to mention the Tier IX American T49 with the Derp Cannon - For the LOLs and one shots!

:playing:

Anderwar #7 Posted Aug 25 2019 - 18:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 50774 battles
  • [L4ST] L4ST

I played that line a lot time ago (my first light line) and must to say i enjoyed the line but i stoped in the tier 8 (cause i wanted to have all tiers competetive lights) i still play it some times, do not see reson to go to tier 9 or 10 (cause have french 13 90, ebr and t100lt).

Btw it is good wn8 farmer if you in to that stuff.

Kutejikashi #8 Posted Aug 25 2019 - 18:23

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5430 battles
  • [MSFIT] MSFIT

View Post__WarChild__, on Aug 25 2019 - 09:56, said:

It all depends on your ultimate intentions: 

1) Do you want a competitive Tier X to use in Clan Wars & Advances?  Russian T-100 LT & French EBR105 (the only NON-Premiums on this list)

2) Do you want the best Tier VI in the game for fun and Strongholds? Chinese Type 64 

3) Do you want a great Tier VIII for competitive play or pubby fun or especially Frontlines glory? Russian LT-432 & French EBR 75 (FL10)

4) Do you like auto-loaders and want to enjoy an 8 shot marvel at the unique Tier VII level? French AMX 13 57

5) Do you want to hide like a ghost so you can get up close and personal at Tier VIII?  French ELC Even 90

I went all the way to the Tier X Chinese Light tank, which plays more like a medium tank.  It can be fun in pub matches but it's not competitive and I don't play it at all anymore.  There are other good ones in the Chinese line but I forget which ones they are.

I hope this helps in some way.  Good luck!

__WarChild__

Well, I never considered my goal because I'm not involved on clan wars and actually I just intended to grind till tier VI because I'm already trying to get another tier X. The STB-1, that one is my ultimate goal to achieve and with the recent buffs she just looks more appealing to me. So maybe just gonna get the Tier VI and then stop or grind it more later.

ANyways, thank you for that explaing you make for me to make up my mind, I appreciated it.

Kutejikashi #9 Posted Aug 25 2019 - 18:24

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5430 battles
  • [MSFIT] MSFIT

View PostAnderwar, on Aug 25 2019 - 11:14, said:

I played that line a lot time ago (my first light line) and must to say i enjoyed the line but i stoped in the tier 8 (cause i wanted to have all tiers competetive lights) i still play it some times, do not see reson to go to tier 9 or 10 (cause have french 13 90, ebr and t100lt).

Btw it is good wn8 farmer if you in to that stuff.

I have been playing like, for 4 years now and I never understand that thing of WN8 neither how to obtain it lol

Hope i'm not the only one

Anderwar #10 Posted Aug 25 2019 - 18:26

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 50774 battles
  • [L4ST] L4ST

View PostKutejikashi, on Aug 25 2019 - 17:24, said:

I have been playing like, for 4 years now and I never understand that thing of WN8 neither how to obtain it lol

Hope i'm not the only one

It is dumb so dont worry, just play and have fun.

fodder49s #11 Posted Aug 25 2019 - 18:59

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 23027 battles

Something to consider prior to exploring light tank play is the fact that lights really require high skilled crews. A light crew isn't really adequately trained until it hits three skills, so take your time and don't feel like you have to rush up the line. The better your crew is and the more sophisticated your understanding of the maps is, the better you'll do.

As a final note, realize that you're dipping your toe into light game play at a time when lights are really in a bad spot, game wise. It's going to be frustrating (I haven't logged in for a couple months) but it's very, very rewarding when a game finally comes together. They were, and I'm sure they still can be, the most rewarding class to play in the game. 

CynicalDutchie #12 Posted Aug 25 2019 - 19:00

Major

• Players
  • 43781 battles
  • [CYNIC] CYNIC

View PostArmorStorm, on Aug 25 2019 - 15:13, said:

In this game the answer is always...Russian.

No it's not

Gryphon_ #13 Posted Sep 03 2019 - 05:58

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 37986 battles

View PostKutejikashi, on Aug 25 2019 - 15:03, said:

The Type 64 is good. And the WZ131.. and that's it.

The WZ132 used to be good, but the years have taken their toll and its average at best. 

The WZ132A is just a WZ132 but a tier higher with a gun that has more alpha which fails to pen and will piss you off big time. There are other differences but none of them are noticeable in game. If you like playing an average tier 8 at tier 9, go ahead. I just played it for 99 battles then sold it as its not fun to play.

I havent played the 132-1, but those who have say it's like a 140 that traded everything for some more camo and extra speed. Its nowhere near as good as the T100LT.

Finally, of course, the introduction of wheeled vehicles has ruined LT play at high tiers anyway, so why bother?

Edited by Gryphon_, Sep 03 2019 - 06:00.

Navi_eugen #14 Posted Nov 27 2019 - 00:59

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2222 battles
  • [DLB] DLB
the chinneses son lo mas ​~Navi~

AZandEL #15 Posted Dec 03 2019 - 16:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30648 battles

View PostKutejikashi, on Aug 25 2019 - 14:03, said:

As a middling player I like the 59-16 (not the same as it was years ago - its top gun is better now) and the WZ-131. In all cases max out the modules and you'll need a 2-3 skill crew. I have a Type 64 that I use as a trainer but honestly struggle with it for some reason though most others like it a lot - for me it seems more sluggish and big - though it has awesome view range. Also the Type 64's open top makes you very vulnerable to arty splashes. For the 59-16 and WZ-131 I like their overall balance: very good speed and nimble turning, good camo/low profile, very good view range, and acceptable front turret armor with good traverse speed. Their guns are good enough for some light skirmishing and arty killing.

Winterlander #16 Posted Yesterday, 04:11 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 34806 battles
  • [8CH] 8CH
i have found that Tier 6 and Tier 7 Chinese lights are the sweet spot for me.  They have enough camo that you can passive scout to a degree (but gotta have camo crew skills), enough gun that you can run around and get pretty good damage totals, and enough mobility to run away when things are going poorly.  As WarChild hinted at ... "these are all rounders".  And in the crazy realm of pub games you never know what you need so I find the mid-tier chinese lights can be very flexible.  

JackRaptor #17 Posted Today, 03:50 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 38254 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

I'm  going to copy/paste one of my response to a thread about tier 10 LTs, to spare me from having to type it.

I have the EBR, T100, WZ, Sheridan, and Manticore.

EBR is in its own league on play style, i mostly use it for Clan wars and to complete certain LT missions.

T-100 is an all rounder LT with decent dpm, decent view range, with great armor profile against lower tiers, and 3rd best camo for tier 10 LT's.

WZ-132-1 Is a straight up brawling tank, with good turret armor and a 390 alpha gun, you are designed to support heavy tanks and to bully other LT's out of position.

Sheridan is by fare (In terms of what a light tank is supposed to do) is the worse, the worse camo, even less than most mediums, with the worst mobility of all the Tier 10 LT's. You will always be out spotted by medium tanks and other LT's before you have a chance to do anything. The only saving grace the Sheridan has over the other LT's is base view range at 420, best in the game for LT's. The guns are nice for different reasons, the 105 puts you into a classic medium role with good dpm and great gun handling, the 152mm is for those loving moments of penning the butt of any tank trying to run, or you got behind. But non of the positives can out weight the fact the Sheridan is HUGE, with paper armor, you are essentially artillery bait.

Manticore is the best LT in the game for scouting, the combination of view range, camo rating, and size makes it perfect for that role to see something before it can see you. It has the worse gun of all the LT's, but still more accurate than the T100's, but if you're playing it to shoot things and stack up personal damage score than you have already lost the purpose of this tank. It is a scout, it is the smallest so it can fit in any bush in the game and fit in certain nooks that all other tanks cannot.

Those are the tanks i have experience in, for the AMX and RHM, the RHM is just a quicker Sheridan, and the AMX is just a smaller BatChat.

JackRaptor #18 Posted Today, 03:56 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 38254 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA
EBR 105 is the most meta competitive tank for CW and advance's. Please note that you must run improved optics and food for your view range to be any use. Also the EBR 105 drives entirely differently from the EBR 90/75 that you may be familiar with. Get into a team training room and maps that are common for your clan to fight on and practice for 2 hours on every turn, curb, and climb.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users