Steel Hunter - testing crew and module changes?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

heavymetal1967 #1 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 01:27

Major

• Players
  • 74224 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

Three games and the fact folks are sync dropping in together in solo mode and teaming up and that hiding/camping is rewarded I'm out.

But the few games I was there gave me pause.

They have said they are considering a crew change similar to ships (commander only) and they've hinted at a module research path re-work.

Is this mode testing those possibilities?

heavymetal1967 #2 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 01:31

Major

• Players
  • 74224 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

This is source re: crew change possibility.  It was easy to find as it's in a thread I created.  The research path bit would be harder to find and I'm not looking - at least atm.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/601364-devs-reblance-info-mod-blocking-arty-maps-fl-xvm-and-much-more/page__fromsearch__1

Block Quote

Crew Skills/Perks

Rebalance of perks that grew outdated and/or never were really popular will involve either replacing them with other perks or changing how a perk works.

Granting six sense to all tank commanders by default

Ability to store and pass over Crew experience

Redesign of Crew UI

Most likely, removal of Barracks, if it proves possible

We’re leaning towards leaving just one Commander for a tank who’ll represent an entire crew.However, it’s just a concept as of now. Right now, we don’t have an answer on how to rework and reimburse players who poured money and time into training Crew members.

Crew re-training - This was designed to avoid storing all data on player’s crews and tanks, which is pricy and won’t be in high demand.

RobertViktor68 #3 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 01:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 57997 battles
  • [CLASS] CLASS
this mode is buggy like Homefront

Garandster #4 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 02:02

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6134 battles

I doubt it. If they were going to do a module rework to mirror this, they might as well build a new game. The commander thing AFAIK is dead since they don't have an answer for how to compensate people who bought BIA crews and everything that got poured into them.

I think it is a test for a more permanent mode that is more player/E-Sports/Stream friendly than standard WoT. It might get the game some decent popularity, worked out for Epic with Fortnite (Who no coincidence is also in some type of partnership with WG).

Harvester_0f_Sorrow #5 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 03:23

Captain

• Players
  • 30461 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

View Postheavymetal1967, on Aug 26 2019 - 16:27, said:

Three games and the fact folks are sync dropping in together in solo mode and teaming up and that hiding/camping is rewarded I'm out.

But the few games I was there gave me pause.

They have said they are considering a crew change similar to ships (commander only) and they've hinted at a module research path re-work.

Is this mode testing those possibilities?

Yep I just got recked by two guys, I backed off to let them fight for a minute and went back to clean up the survivor but they were just sitting there waiting for me. They were not fighting each other. I was pretty pissed, whey don't they just make a frickin toon. I swear they had a third sniping me from afar too.

KaiserWilhelmShatner #6 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 03:52

Major

• Players
  • 17061 battles

View PostGarandster, on Aug 26 2019 - 17:02, said:

I doubt it. If they were going to do a module rework to mirror this, they might as well build a new game. 

That was my first feeling when looking at this mode.  It wouldnt surprise me if WG is at the point where they feel a fresh reset is the answer and a Wot2 would be the easy and quick solution.

Waylandie #7 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 04:29

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17925 battles

View PostHarvester_0f_Sorrow, on Aug 27 2019 - 03:23, said:

Yep I just got recked by two guys, I backed off to let them fight for a minute and went back to clean up the survivor but they were just sitting there waiting for me. They were not fighting each other. I was pretty pissed, whey don't they just make a frickin toon. I swear they had a third sniping me from afar too.

Yea, 5 solo matches and I was one of the first knocked out every time.  All because I had the "luck" of spawning next to a platoon.  Twice I was fighting 1 vs 1, when two more tanks came rushing in and they all focused me down and then moved on.  They need to postpone this mode until that stuff can be stopped, because nobody likes being fodder for clans.  It makes the whole mode a waste of time, with little to no chance of a decent reward.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users