Africa and Landing zones

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Silverbullet #1 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 04:51

Sergeant

• Players
  • 38914 battles
  • [AO] AO
The amount of landing zones and gold values in Africa is retarded, you cant move without having a landing zone next to you and screwing you over on taking more land. Back in 1.0 map days the landing zone where on the edges of the coast and every other land or so and it gave you a chance to move in land, here i dont think so, the Europe map at least they can move around with some room without a landing zone every other piece of land. Thought this was suppose to be close to what 1.0 was like, well it's not and it is some bull s*** that the bigger clans have better room to move around and better gold value, seems to me that Europe gold is the same as it was before and you screwed Africa, what is up with that WG???

dominator_98 #2 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 05:15

Major

• -Players-
  • 23153 battles
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY

Frankly, Africa needs to have lower gold values. If Africa was 120 gold minimum, PUBBY would be down there continuing the reign we had going the first week of the season. The whole point of Africa is to give low-end clans a place where they can actually win battles, and for that to happen the provinces need to be not worth the time of skilled players.

Also, you're using the word bigger when you should be using the word better. We've been barely able to fill one team at times and we're holding land in Europe without a problem. Your clan doesn't need to become bigger, it needs to become better.

I 100% agree with your point of there being too many LZ's in Africa, they need to do away with about a third of them, preferably mostly the ones in the center near the time zone change.

Final statement: As long as CW rewards the ability to win battles, clans that can win battles more consistently than you will earn more gold than you regardless of what other stuff WG does.

Delgaarn #3 Posted Aug 29 2019 - 18:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 33926 battles
  • [-A0A-] -A0A-

@dominator_98 Why does Africa have to have lower gold values because of small clans? There are 2000, 3600 gold provinces in europe In previous seasons we were able to earn up to 60000 gold for the clan between owning land and missions. This season how am i going to top that with 24 gold property. Why can we not have some 400, 600 gold properties in Afirca and restrict it to a under 900 ELO. If the whole point of Africa is to give low-end clans a place where they can actually win battles why is Bulba, STRNG in Africa. Until we get a tier system the small clans stay small and have to ask for handouts from blg clans. Mister please can you loan me a 300 gold property i promise to give it back before you knock the snot out of me. Nothing against the big clans they have been more than gracious at times a lot more gracious than i would have ever thought
Why cant we have for example italy for 700 -800 elo germany poland for 850 1050 or something to that effect or widen africa with the parameters then when you feel like your getting decent go try europe. Yes i'm sure there will be sandbaggers nothing is perfect especially not WG. Clans should not have to sit on landing zones they take the zone then should push off. Give others at least a chance to land. As for getting better its hard when your better players leave for bigger clans. We do good for who we are i'm grateful for my guys they do good for who we are.

I read a post a while back a newer player asking if it was worth it to join a clan. The answer was basically unless your in a big clan pulling so much gold a day, You can earn more bonds in Frontlines and missions. 
As for the here and now Africa has to many landing ZOnes. We had land and was restricted what we could do because of the landing zone sandwich

apologies for my ramble

dominator_98 #4 Posted Aug 31 2019 - 05:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 23153 battles
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY

View PostDelgaarn, on Aug 29 2019 - 11:05, said:

[snip]

Pro tip, use the quote function so I get a ping when you reply to me. Lucky I happened to notice this post again.

As far as the lower gold values, they need to be lower than the Europe section otherwise big clans would just come down to Africa and farm there too. They don't need to be 24 gold each minimum, but it needs to be low enough that good clans don't want to fight there, otherwise you won't have an area for bad clans to fight each other anymore.

STRNG has those two Africa provinces because it lets them bypass some European land to connect that 2040 gold province to their main land. BULBA has yet to field a team this season, one of their officers is just landing wherever's empty and earning a little bit of free gold. Sad part is they're making more gold than a lot of clans that are actually fighting just by carefully watching the map.

As far as your protected ELO range suggestions go, a clan's ELO rating can change by nearly 100 points on a good/bad night if you have several fights. Will you force them to abandon their land and move to a higher/lower section? Clans near the cutoffs of whatever ELO range you set will also try to manipulate their ELO to stay in the range that is most profitable to them. Maybe it'd be an improvement, maybe it wouldn't.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users