• This topic is locked This topic is locked
98 replies to this topic

Jambijon #1 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 18:41

Community Coordinator

• -Players-
  • 3739 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Attention Commanders!

Yes, we are aware that there are some lazy trolls out there trying to team up in Steel Hunter because they can't "get gud" and progress like a real tanker. We're coming for ya!

What is Teaming?

Teaming: Refers to forming teams outside what is allowed by the Steel Hunter mode. 
Intentional teaming between players or other teams in ways that the Steel Hunter game mode does not presuppose is considered unsportsmanlike behavior, and penalties will be imposed.

This rule is effective immediately.

Penalties for Teaming Offenses

• 1st attempt: 3 days' game ban
  • 2nd attempt: 7 days' game ban
  • 3rd attempt: Game ban until the end of Steel Hunter; minimum of 7 days (may continue even after the end of the event)

How to Report Teaming Offenses

Since Steel Hunter doesn't allow in-game replays, the only way to report Teaming offenses is through stream recordings.

Please send a ticket to our Customer Support team with the following information:

• Reported player IGNs 
  • Link to a stream video (Youtube, Twitch, etc) with timestamp (e.g. from XX:00 ~ XX:00) of the relevant offense
  • Screenshot of the final leaderboard of the match

UPDATE - A mod was created by an EU player that enables replays to work for Steel Hunter. You can find it here:

Unfortunately there maybe instability issues with the replays them self and we (WG) can't help with trouble shooting the mod but these can definitely be used for reporting teaming.

Click here to send in a ticket

Edited by Jambijon, Sep 03 2019 - 17:02.

MountainLion1 #2 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 18:48

Captain

• -Players-
  • 24984 battles
  • [TMBPK] TMBPK
Thank you for your response to the recent development in this new battle mode.This shouldn’t ever be an issue, but some players are willing to throw away their integrity over a game. 

_Tsavo_ #3 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 18:49

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 46542 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

I'd suggest that you fire word up the chain to enable replays for this mode, Jambijon.   Few, very few players are actively recording their matches and my two instances of finding teamers can't be submitted as I wasn't recording.

That's my 2 dollar bill regarding this.  

ElfMagi2 #4 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 18:49

Captain

• Players
  • 60602 battles
  • [AIMED] AIMED

I am impressed.

WG has gain some of my respect back with this announcement.

Very quick response to a problem.

And the fact that the Monthly Previews are actually previews is another step in the right direction.

Now if only they would do away with codes for missions they would gain my full respect.

Bad_Oedipus #5 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 19:08

Captain

• -Players-
  • 46006 battles
  • [PL1AD] PL1AD

Players that record games for streaming are more likely offenders than victims.  I did not notice active teaming in a few battles i played last night.  It took me a few games to realize how not to be the first one killed when one player teamed up against me all by himself.

AndrewSledge #6 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 19:19

Major

• -Players-
  • 36536 battles
  • [1_FFD] 1_FFD
Hopefully streamers will report offenders, because there's no way for me to do so...

Rngfdme #7 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 19:26

Private

• -Players-
  • 1021 battles
  • [AORT] AORT
we will see if they take it seriously soon, I just sent in ticket short bit ago of 2 guys from BBICT clan doing this, I have screenshots and video, they are dropping in solo and they don't even hide it, they are running around together not shooting each other and taking top spots each round.  They don't fire on each other till everyone else is dead, in multiple matches.  Almost impossible to take one down when they have help like that.

HOTA_CHATON #8 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 19:26

Major

• Players
  • 13608 battles
  • [MSG] MSG
"JUST SAY NO TO TEAMING" or better yet, "JUST FIX IT WHERE IT CAN'T HAPPEN OR JUST CANCEL THE EVENT".  This event is beginning to remind me of the tournament cancellation, from another server where everyone colluded to use certain tanks to rig the outcome of the match(es), is you will think back a few years.   I hope you get it sorted out, I really do.  This game needs the boost in players.

RoIito #9 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 19:37

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17872 battles
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_
What if for some reason I can't, don't want or my PC doesn't allow me to record, I guess there's nothing to do, right?

Natcat1 #10 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 19:41

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4600 battles
  • [RATCH] RATCH

right step , hope codes are next.

if they need to team up , they better  platoon and play steel hunter in platoon  , do not kill  solo  players fun. by teaming up in solo game.

Wolffe_Commander #11 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 19:49

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4498 battles
  • [H_F] H_F
seriously? Make us, solo players and platoons have to RECORD our games instead of implementing an ingame recorder? That is just lazy on WGs part. Most people dont even stream their own games or record them. You are placing the responsibility on the streamers to do it, and there are a few. Most of the offenders would probably figure out a way to bypass this. There has to be something better, like maybe not show the player's names when spotted, so they dont actually know if they are in the same game? It might solve some of the problems, but not all of them.

__Worm__ #12 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 19:58

Major

• Players
  • 35134 battles

So....

You say you are taking care of it but you aren't you are handling it by proxy.

There are really a lot of people that Don't Stream that are effected by the cheating including myself.

That is the worst solution to this problem.

Quite honestly I believe there will be no solution and because sync/drops are a part of the game it will continue.

Feel free to prove me wrong I beg you!

Peace

defects #13 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 20:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 34519 battles
  • [CUBE] CUBE
Doing something is better then nothing...but was it the right thing? I am curious what percentage of players even stream.

Plauvishiny #14 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 20:06

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 92545 battles
  • [T-E] T-E

As usual, Staff decide that the Victims of abuse in the game are responsible for fixing it.  And as usual, it requires the Victims to do things they do not normally do. (In this case, Streaming.)

Ownership of a thing means you are responsible for that thing.   The owner of a building is  responsible for its maintenance, not the Tenants.  The owner of a Border (a government) is responsible for the defense of that border, not the Serfs or Peasants.

And by the way, how was this problem not foreseen ?  Who set up a game mode so vulnerable to cynical collaboration ?

Bad_Oedipus #15 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 20:28

Captain

• -Players-
  • 46006 battles
  • [PL1AD] PL1AD
So, if a players get reported and convicted, we'll call them "Person(s) involved with Customer Support"... and they could be awarded a sticker they could put on their tanks....

jakethealligatorman #16 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 20:31

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9007 battles
  • [EWC] EWC
While it is nice to have WG bring this to light and advise a fix, this fix is equivalent to their fix of the MM. Pathetic in a word. How many players actually stream or even have the capacity to do so? I feel that WG is coming up with these new modes because the standard game has turned to pure crap. In truth, both Steel Hunter and Frontlines suck bad and the only advantage they actually have is standard tiers or tanks for each, getting around the horrid MM and premium tank dominance in the standard game. WG is done. They are lazy and inept and just trying to flog a few more dollars out of a dying horse. While I might recommend this game to an enemy, I would never do so to a friend and I am personally done with this crap. Too bad to as once this was a great game.

carl20320 #17 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 21:37

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 40951 battles
  • [K-H] K-H

View PostBad_Oedipus, on Aug 27 2019 - 11:28, said:

So, if a players get reported and convicted, we'll call them "Person(s) involved with Customer Support"... and they could be awarded a sticker they could put on their tanks....

:trollface:​  Only if they are from that certain left coast toilet bowl of a city.

Powerage13 #18 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 21:46

Sergeant

• Players
  • 51103 battles
  • [D--T] D--T
I've had this happen to me and it's a drag but I don't stream.

Webster681 #19 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 21:49

Private

• Players
  • 22095 battles
  • [DPS] DPS
OK so lets say you happen to come across 2 tanks who are openly battling do you sit and wait for them to finish one or the other off before you engage because because of your rules your imposing for solo players, If i come across these two battling  it out and I help kill one that would be teaming up to kill a player  even if it is only for a few seconds then you turn your attention on the other player so I could be banned if that player is recording and reports it. Cause if I am not mistaken when you die your game is over so therefore their is no way for the reporting party to visually record what happens after he dies then you get accused and banned. That totally fair how?

_Koschei_ #20 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 21:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33561 battles
  • [K0HAI] K0HAI

so if I see 2 players engaged and I sit back let them get low health. then shoot lowest for easy kill before chasing down other and getting 2 kills. I maybe banned ?

what keeps player who I killed first and his game ended so he could not know that I killed other play as well from turning in a replay accusing me of teaming?

am I to be  punished for merely playing your game mode and trying fulfill objectives you have given in that mode?

why risk playing a mode you can be banned in for attempting to complete objectives ?   

I feel by catering to snowflakes wg is making game bad

Edited by _Koschei_, Aug 27 2019 - 21:56.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users