Steel Hunter: Say NO to Teaming

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
98 replies to this topic

HeavyMetalSix #21 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 22:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 55613 battles

Wait a minute, so WG acknowledges there's mode rigging *cough* T-22 scumbags at it again *cough* and the penalty DOES NOT INCLUDE stripping them of rewards?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

#ggWG #g-freakin-g

Webster681 #22 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 22:04

Private

• Players
  • 22095 battles
  • [DPS] DPS

View Post_Koschei_, on Aug 27 2019 - 21:53, said:

so if I see 2 players engaged and I sit back let them get low health. then shoot lowest for easy kill before chasing down other and getting 2 kills. I maybe banned ?

what keeps player who I killed first and his game ended so he could not know that I killed other play as well from turning in a replay accusing me of teaming?

am I to be  punished for merely playing your game mode and trying fulfill objectives you have given in that mode?

why risk playing a mode you can be banned in for attempting to complete objectives ?   

I feel by catering to snowflakes wg is making game bad

I 100 percent agree. I want the rest of my rewards from the rank I am now up to and including level 25 and I want all  the rewards that go with it ie the tokens for lost wages because of not taking the risk of being banned and playing the game as well as the dog tags and tickets I would have earned doing the steel hunter missions. And I think other players will agree with us because your making it where we will be held  accountable even though we may not be at fault but someone just thinks we did it intentionally. Thats just like my friend had his name since his first day playing as a beta tester but yet about 2 weeks ago yall made him change his name cause it offended a snowflake but yet I see at least a couple of hundred with the same word in their name and they dont have to change it so your very fair. You guys need to fix the problem not the players doing your job.

1Cavman #23 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 22:45

Sergeant

• Players
  • 37189 battles
  • [M-M-E] M-M-E
All I can see is anybody getting killed while engaged with another player will accuse the one killing them of team killing.. This should get interesting...

Paul_Humungus #24 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 22:48

Private

• -Players-
  • 3945 battles
  • [BL4Z3] BL4Z3

View PostWebster681, on Aug 27 2019 - 21:49, said:

OK so lets say you happen to come across 2 tanks who are openly battling do you sit and wait for them to finish one or the other off before you engage because because of your rules your imposing for solo players, If i come across these two battling  it out and I help kill one that would be teaming up to kill a player  even if it is only for a few seconds then you turn your attention on the other player so I could be banned if that player is recording and reports it. Cause if I am not mistaken when you die your game is over so therefore their is no way for the reporting party to visually record what happens after he dies then you get accused and banned. That totally fair how?

I wont play this mode anymore, until WG solve this problem. Lazy WG, shame on you. Its your responsability not ours(players).

Edited by Paul_Humungus, Aug 27 2019 - 22:54.

suncat69 #25 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 22:49

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 38599 battles
  • [TILTD] TILTD
steel hunter game play is so BAD!!!!!  So CHOPPY !!!! People teaming up. Not enjoying it whatsoever!!!!!!

Gladius64 #26 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 22:53

Private

• -Players-
  • 3814 battles
  • [JAGS] JAGS
I'm sorry, but I agree with most of the posts here. And why do they always write there rules intentionally vague? If I don't attack at every opportunity, I am teaming with any tanks I don't shoot? I GUESS I can accept the idea that arranging with a group of players on discord and joining battle at the same time, can and does happen, and would be "unsportsmanlike". But how I choose to play with other players in any other circumstance should be up to me. If I see a member of my clan in a match, why the heck would I go out of my way to target them? Isn't that the very "Spirit" of the Clan system (that WG created)? I am not a very good tactical player, so I tend to hide a lot, so I suspect this event is not for me anyway, but especially if I am required to play by an imposed conduct. (Please note, I am only speaking of this event. I respect and agree with all the rules against poor conduct towards teammates in normal game play)

bad_73 #27 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 23:16

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1543 battles

View PostJambijon, on Aug 27 2019 - 18:41, said:

Attention Commanders!

Yes, we are aware that there are some lazy trolls out there trying to team up in Steel Hunter because they can't "get gud" and progress like a real tanker. We're coming for ya!

What is Teaming?

Teaming: Refers to forming teams outside what is allowed by the Steel Hunter mode. 
Intentional teaming between players or other teams in ways that the Steel Hunter game mode does not presuppose is considered unsportsmanlike behavior, and penalties will be imposed.

This rule is effective immediately.

Penalties for Teaming Offenses

• 1st attempt: 3 days' game ban
  • 2nd attempt: 7 days' game ban
  • 3rd attempt: Game ban until the end of Steel Hunter; minimum of 7 days (may continue even after the end of the event)

How to Report Teaming Offenses

Since Steel Hunter doesn't allow in-game replays, the only way to report Teaming offenses is through stream recordings.

Please send a ticket to our Customer Support team with the following information:

• Reported player IGNs 
  • Link to a stream video (Youtube, Twitch, etc) with timestamp (e.g. from XX:00 ~ XX:00) of the relevant offense
  • Screenshot of the final leaderboard of the match

Click here to send in a ticket

Convoluted fix for your not understanding that the player base will exploit what it can,much like wg as a matter of fact.Now we got to bog down our game to police your game???We came here to play this mode of tanks and because you cant fix it ,you go and try to make other modes???Then you make it so peeps can exploit it.....Whats the real problem here?

Insanefriend #28 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 23:47

Captain

• Players
  • 46946 battles

So I played a grand total of three battles.  Third battle I run into obvious double teaming.  Two tanks that are 300m to 400m away that I take some pots shots at both drive over together and chase me down without taking any shots at each other.  It wasn't like i was low on health, I had full health and so did both of them when the fight started.  I'm not going to sit around and record all the game play, the mode is just ruined for non riggers at this point.  Only thing that was redeeming was i managed to kill one.

They were both on the far side of the river and crossed the same bridge across, one in front of the other without the one in back shooting the one in front in the back.

Edited by Insanefriend, Aug 28 2019 - 00:09.

Frakes70 #29 Posted Aug 28 2019 - 00:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 71034 battles

Just got tag teamed by CHILE clan... there were 3 in our match.

MM needs to prevent that from happening. Displaying tank type and HP on vanilla would be nice too.

Edited by Frakes70, Aug 28 2019 - 00:18.

HermanMonster #30 Posted Aug 28 2019 - 00:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6580 battles

View Post_Koschei_, on Aug 27 2019 - 15:53, said:

so if I see 2 players engaged and I sit back let them get low health. then shoot lowest for easy kill before chasing down other and getting 2 kills. I maybe banned ?

what keeps player who I killed first and his game ended so he could not know that I killed other play as well from turning in a replay accusing me of teaming?

am I to be  punished for merely playing your game mode and trying fulfill objectives you have given in that mode?

why risk playing a mode you can be banned in for attempting to complete objectives ?   

All the teaming I've seen has been very blatant and not what you as describing.  Just as a example, 3 tanks roaming map together and not shooting each other, then all going after the solo tank they have found, or again 2 tanks just sitting in ambush in the rubble together, then attack as a unit. I saw both of these examples in 1 battle. The 3 tank group i got away from luckily , but the ambushers killed me.

Frakes70 #31 Posted Aug 28 2019 - 00:24

Corporal

• Players
  • 71034 battles
http://pasteboard.co/IuHoYGT.jpg

94EXPOS #32 Posted Aug 28 2019 - 00:28

Sergeant

• Players
  • 47674 battles
  • [5D] 5D
Ummm yeah. What percentage of players actually stream?? The ONLY way this could be truly effective is if these Steel Hunter games were available on REPLAYS. Then we could use the usual reporting system. Plus how can you possibly tell if players are Teaming as you don't see a full list of your opponents as you do in random games and you also see the Platoons in random. If we had a viewable list of players in battle at the start and during the game as we do in Random, at least we could see players from the same clan that are sync dropping. This is a pathetic excuse to appease the masses that is virtually useless to I'm guessing 99% of the players that play the game. I'd eat my shorts if more than 80% actually Stream. 

Edited by 94EXPOS, Aug 28 2019 - 00:40.

Gravitymint #33 Posted Aug 28 2019 - 00:57

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6197 battles
  • [REDU] REDU
there is no replay system for Steel Hunter though lol??????? I guess I just wont report teamers because of how Unprepared WG was for something that was obviously gonna happen and not add a replay system for it...

View Post_Koschei_, on Aug 27 2019 - 21:53, said:

and as for an Asinine comment like this, if you're that paranoid about getting team for not actually teaming, than dont team, if you're shooting both players nobody is gonna report you, being this paranoid is like living in the shoes of Osama being hunted by the US, you need to chill cause you sound like the Snowflake... 

LunaCada #34 Posted Aug 28 2019 - 00:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 38855 battles
  • [4HIM2] 4HIM2
I'm done with the the game. There are those that seem to like to take the fun out of the game no matter what it is. I'll wait for the chaffee races to come back. 

fireraiserbr #35 Posted Aug 28 2019 - 00:59

Sergeant

• Players
  • 62402 battles

so let me be clear. you cannot report anything if you dont stream on twitch 

less than 1% of players stream on twitch, right?

nice 

also if you dont find ammo before other tanks youre screwed with 8 shots and nothing else to shoot

seems like wargaming is following up on the not nearly enough ammo from the british lights . another success. well done

i had enough gaming experience , running around to find ammo with no ammo to shoot  while they shooting me in the back with their ammo, i dont understand their logic, turn your back to their guns .

no thank you , wargaming, you show me your finger, i show you mine

how these geniuses at wargaming new mode ''section'' construct their game modes, they assume the enemy will stop and let you get to ammunition so everybody will have fun shooting? and they also assume that if that doesnt happen (as never happens) you will have a smile on your face for teh fun you had and be willing to play battle again? jezus

and why 8 ammo starting, why not 2 or 4, it doesnt make any difference since you cant kill ONE enemy with 8 or 4 or 2 (and all damaging shots), brilliant game mode, so everybody will have a nice gaming experience

one little thing, each tank in steel hunter mode costs 20k credits to repair. i also lost credits being chased with no ammo to shoot. double whammy, wargaming

Edited by fireraiserbr, Aug 28 2019 - 01:26.

Omega_Weapon #36 Posted Aug 28 2019 - 01:47

Major

• Players
  • 53329 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
Two simple things should happen with a patch asap to address the problem. Firstly enable replays, and secondly hide player names in the mode until afterwards. It once again shows poor planning on Wargaming's part that these common sense steps were not implemented from the get go... :facepalm:

Drunknklr #37 Posted Aug 28 2019 - 01:50

Private

• Players
  • 19116 battles
  • [RSRDD] RSRDD
Sounds like a bunch of Blue Falcons complaining about anything and screwing peeps over

NemoKeine #38 Posted Aug 28 2019 - 01:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 17747 battles
  • [COLD1] COLD1
What a joke, no one thought that this might be an issue at WG: HQ especially after the last time there was a supposedly "Free For All" mode with the T-22 as a reward there was rampant cheating of this sort involved.  On top of that there is no built in replay mechanism to make it at least easy for players to report cheaters.  Instead you are requesting/expecting players to have PCs that are capable of constantly recording or streaming in a usable quality in addition to playing the game without performance issues.  I was going to try this mode until I was watching a Community Contributor run into this behavior in the 3rd match they tried, a hard pass from me.

BOT_doolz #39 Posted Aug 28 2019 - 01:55

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30735 battles

Just played a solo game and made it to the final 5 and ran into this..

TONKX lol

Guess I'll just send a ticket in because this is stupid. TONKX apparently counts in for Solo Steel Hunt. GG fellas.

Edited by D00LZ, Aug 28 2019 - 01:56.

y_KnT #40 Posted Aug 28 2019 - 02:25

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 73663 battles
  • [MCHNR] MCHNR
complete BS, the only way to complain is stream?!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users