Just another rant about arty (With possibly one of the best solutions how to fix it without any char...

Arty plzfixblyat Nerf arty or we riot

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Dab_3_For_Balance #1 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 19:00

Sergeant

• Players
  • 47807 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

Yes, arty is annoying. Some people want it removed, but doing so, will probably make games last longer, and sometimes, it is useful to have at least 1 arty in a team.

Possibly, I came up with one of the best solutions on how to make there be less artillery in queue without nerfing it in any way (Not touching its characteristics).  

If you recall, back when they were testing tier 10 Light Tanks, you had to play 3 games in a normal tank to be able to play 1 game in a new LT. It was done to avoid having a large amount of Light Tanks per team. I think that if we do the same thing for arty, the game would be a lot more enjoyable. 

(you can't stack the amount of games you can play in arty)

I only see a few negative things about this.

First, those who play artillery exclusively, wouldn't be able to do so anymore. And in a way, its a good thing. They'll get to experience actually playing the game and thinking. But then there are disabled people, who can't play normal tanks, and that might actually be an issue. 

Another problem I see with this is that this change might make people suiscout more just to play the amount of games needed to unlock a game in an arty. Technically, that is easily fixable by making you be in top 10 by xp in your team. That way, people would actually have to try at least a tiny bit, and they would also have to wait until the end of the game which would prevent them from just spamming arty games like nothing happened.

Other than the things above, I see absolutely no other problems. The arty isn't going to change in any way, there will be less of it, and arty players would actually have to play normal tanks too. I'm expecting a lot of arty players talk crap to me, but seriously, having 3 arty per game is annoying. Even for an arty player, its best to have as little artillery in your team as possible, because that way, nobody would be stealing your potential stun damage.

I'm hoping that many people would support this idea, and WG would hear this. I'm sure this exact idea wouldn't be introduced, but maybe it would help them come up with something similar, maybe more or less strict. I believe that making someone play 3 games in a normal tank to be able to play 1 game in arty is a fair trade.

Stormer100 #2 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 19:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15834 battles
  • [PRGY] PRGY

Nope, don't support. Everyone should be able to play any class they like, as much as they like.

Plus grinding the xp needed for a tier 10 arty would be so much longer now.

Edited by Stormer100, Aug 27 2019 - 19:06.

dave_292 #3 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 19:09

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 29042 battles
  • [SBW] SBW
Nope, will never happen. 

Dab_3_For_Balance #4 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 19:13

Sergeant

• Players
  • 47807 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View PostStormer100, on Aug 27 2019 - 18:04, said:

Nope, don't support. Everyone should be able to play any class they like, as much as they like.

Plus grinding the xp needed for a tier 10 arty would be so much longer now.

Make the grinds be easier. #Fixed.

Dab_3_For_Balance #5 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 19:21

Sergeant

• Players
  • 47807 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
Also please nerf M44 already. Its more toxic than any other arty in the game

dunniteowl #6 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 19:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

Anyone who wishes to play arty exclusively would not benefit from this.  The current situation is fine.

Deal with it in a more accepting of the fact that it's here attitude and all will be well with you as well.

Some folks cannot play anything but arty.  And while the tier X LT issue was like you describe, how did that affect ALL the other LTs in the game?  Oh, right, it didn't.  So your idea is a more all encompassing thing for an entire class and you think it's a good idea.  

Not to folks that:

A)  Like to play SPGs

B)  Cannot play anything other than SPGs (there are several players here who play exclusively SPGs due to physical injuries and limitations)

C)  Don't care whether or not they are in the game (SPGs)

So, it's not the best solution.  In fact, its an awful one as it is not completely thought out in an objective and fair manner.

What else is new when it comes to some folks' strong desire to limit/remove one of the few things in this game that can really make things different in terms of tactics and strategy.  If we never had to worry about SPGs this game would be very different.

If it started without them, I'd think, "Maybe you anti-arty types have a valid point."

It didn't, though, did it?  They were in the game at the very start of testing.  So that means it was a conscious design choice.  One WG STILL believes in and one which I happen to agree with at this point in time.

That many of you don't like it is just tough noogies.  It's part of the game, always has been and it wasn't a wrong, bad or stupid choice.  You just don't like it (and when I say "you" I am not referring to a person specific, rather I incline my head towards a class of people who simply HAVE to have their own way, no matter what when it comes to removing a component of the game they agreed to deal with when they downloaded the damn game in the first place).

Accept that it's here, deal with it equanimity and, please, just Let It GO, for gods' sakes.  If it's not bad enough to drive you away, then play.  If it is enough to drive you away, then quit.  If neither of those options are acceptable, then at least quit whinging about it.  Or, I guess you could put all that knowledge, acumen, foresight and perspicacity to work for you and make your own damn game without them.

I mean no personal disrespect to any person.  I just have a really hard time understanding how folks can get all batcrap crazy over a game piece in a game that they cannot physically own, touch or modify.  It was like that when you got here, so what the HELL is the issue?  You signed on knowing it was here.

I cannot say Cognitive Dissonance as a catch word any better than using the phrase: WoT Anti-Arty Players -- if they continue to play this game.

There is no logic to this position.

OvO

Edited by dunniteowl, Aug 27 2019 - 19:31.

Devil__Anse #7 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 19:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1810 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostMeAndTheBoysInA_Tank, on Aug 27 2019 - 12:21, said:

Also please nerf M44 already. Its more toxic than any other arty in the game

the leafblower would like a word with you

choSenfroZen_1 #8 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 20:20

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6346 battles
  • [GITS] GITS

Wow, forty seven thousand games and presto bingo bango, this guy finally gets it. Astounding. Amazing.

Holy smokes it took you THIS LONG to figure this out. Mensa member you are not it seems. Sort of scary it takes people this long to understand this incredibly SIMPLE and outstandingly easy thing to grasp.

Arty was DESIGNED to be annoying . It is supposed to irritate, distract and damage. It is supposed to make enemies be cautious and mutter about arty. The stun is there to bug you and give your enemy and easier time. Wow, 47 k games and this is being realized.  

If it took you this long to understand this small fact, I would be embarrassed to tell others who, where, what and why to play things in a computer game, especially with your condescending tone.

Play your own game, if you do not like what exists. No one but you cares. Quit playing and then others will not have to listen to you.

There are and have always been 5 classes to the game, we have been repeatedly told. That means, told a lot of times. Each class has its role and all are essential to their game design.

Testing. Well, get your facts correct. 

The tier 10 lights were part of the 9.18 update. It was a huge nerf to arty as well as introducing many tier 9 and 10 light tanks. What happened was they had to FORCE players to play the light tanks. NO one wanted to pay them on the sandbox, they were too interested in the arty. Frontline sandbox they needed to get players to move through all classes. The maps were so unusually large, no one wanted slow heavies and td's.

Edited by choSenfroZen_1, Aug 27 2019 - 20:33.

DVK9 #9 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 20:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26148 battles
  • [-TX-] -TX-

I have an easier idea to implement a no arty to bother me game.

Switch to the console game

VelvetGauntlet #10 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 20:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 1718 battles

View Postdunniteowl, on Aug 27 2019 - 18:30, said:

Anyone who wishes to play arty exclusively would not benefit from this.  The current situation is fine.

Deal with it in a more accepting of the fact that it's here attitude and all will be well with you as well.

Some folks cannot play anything but arty.  And while the tier X LT issue was like you describe, how did that affect ALL the other LTs in the game?  Oh, right, it didn't.  So your idea is a more all encompassing thing for an entire class and you think it's a good idea.  

Not to folks that:

A)  Like to play SPGs

B)  Cannot play anything other than SPGs (there are several players here who play exclusively SPGs due to physical injuries and limitations)

C)  Don't care whether or not they are in the game (SPGs)

So, it's not the best solution.  In fact, its an awful one as it is not completely thought out in an objective and fair manner.

What else is new when it comes to some folks' strong desire to limit/remove one of the few things in this game that can really make things different in terms of tactics and strategy.  If we never had to worry about SPGs this game would be very different.

If it started without them, I'd think, "Maybe you anti-arty types have a valid point."

It didn't, though, did it?  They were in the game at the very start of testing.  So that means it was a conscious design choice.  One WG STILL believes in and one which I happen to agree with at this point in time.

That many of you don't like it is just tough noogies.  It's part of the game, always has been and it wasn't a wrong, bad or stupid choice.  You just don't like it (and when I say "you" I am not referring to a person specific, rather I incline my head towards a class of people who simply HAVE to have their own way, no matter what when it comes to removing a component of the game they agreed to deal with when they downloaded the damn game in the first place).

Accept that it's here, deal with it equanimity and, please, just Let It GO, for gods' sakes.  If it's not bad enough to drive you away, then play.  If it is enough to drive you away, then quit.  If neither of those options are acceptable, then at least quit whinging about it.  Or, I guess you could put all that knowledge, acumen, foresight and perspicacity to work for you and make your own damn game without them.

I mean no personal disrespect to any person.  I just have a really hard time understanding how folks can get all batcrap crazy over a game piece in a game that they cannot physically own, touch or modify.  It was like that when you got here, so what the HELL is the issue?  You signed on knowing it was here.

I cannot say Cognitive Dissonance as a catch word any better than using the phrase: WoT Anti-Arty Players -- if they continue to play this game.

There is no logic to this position.

OvO

It's like saying they want the queen removed from chess because it makes it too hard to play. :P

Projectile_Misfired #11 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 21:03

Major

• Players
  • 38695 battles

View PostMeAndTheBoysInA_Tank, on Aug 27 2019 - 18:00, said:

Yes, arty is annoying. Some people want it removed, but doing so, will probably make games last longer, and sometimes, it is useful to have at least 1 arty in a team.

Possibly, I came up with one of the best solutions on how to make there be less artillery in queue without nerfing it in any way (Not touching its characteristics).  

If you recall, back when they were testing tier 10 Light Tanks, you had to play 3 games in a normal tank to be able to play 1 game in a new LT. It was done to avoid having a large amount of Light Tanks per team. I think that if we do the same thing for arty, the game would be a lot more enjoyable. 

"Testing" is NOT playing (well, technically it is, but...). When those Tier 10 Lights were released to the "live" server, I had absolutely NO requirements to play anything else if I wanted to play those Lights. The reason WG may have instituted that functionality on the "TEST" server was so that players had other types of tanks to play against for a better judgement as to how the new ones are working.

I only see a few negative things about this.

First, those who play artillery exclusively, wouldn't be able to do so anymore. And in a way, its a good thing. They'll get to experience actually playing the game and thinking. But then there are disabled people, who can't play normal tanks, and that might actually be an issue. 

Another problem I see with this is that this change might make people suiscout more just to play the amount of games needed to unlock a game in an arty. Technically, that is easily fixable by making you be in top 10 by xp in your team. That way, people would actually have to try at least a tiny bit, and they would also have to wait until the end of the game which would prevent them from just spamming arty games like nothing happened.

I was going to mention the 'sui-scouting', but I see you already addressed that. So, I'll address your "top 10 XP" idea. 

Well, being able to play any type of tank shouldn't be the results of "completing a mission", because that is exactly what your proposition is doing. It's making the ability to play arty a "reward" for completing a mission of "placing in the Top 10 XP earners on your team". Why not just go ahead and "throw insult to injury" and require players to also enter a fracking code to GET THE FRACKING MISSION?

(I apologize for the harsh, foul language. But, that is really an awful suggestion.)

Furthermore, what if a player IS legitimately trying to play and still can't make the top 10 ("Ammo-Rack City", here we come)? Now, due to circumstances outside a players control, they now have to play even more games before being able to play arty. Punishing players is not a way of fixing a game.

Other than the things above, I see absolutely no other problems. The arty isn't going to change in any way, there will be less of it, and arty players would actually have to play normal tanks too. I'm expecting a lot of arty players talk crap to me, but seriously, having 3 arty per game is annoying. Even for an arty player, its best to have as little artillery in your team as possible, because that way, nobody would be stealing your potential stun damage.

I'm hoping that many people would support this idea, and WG would hear this. I'm sure this exact idea wouldn't be introduced, but maybe it would help them come up with something similar, maybe more or less strict. I believe that making someone play 3 games in a normal tank to be able to play 1 game in arty is a fair trade.

Yet, you fail to address the obvious issue with your suggestion. You're singling out one specific tank type.

What about those players that ONLY play Heavies, or Meds, or Lights, or TDs, "...or, or this place..." (sorry "One Night in Bangkok" jumped into my head for a sec)?

Shouldn't THEY also be required to play 3 games in another tank type in order to play their tank-of-choice? That's fair, isn't it? ...except for the fact that players may actually 'lock' all their tanks be failing to make the top 10 XP.

moon111 #12 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 21:11

Major

• Players
  • 32401 battles

The effects of arty in this game have been so marginalized... ...can you imagine how shell shocked today's lot would be on the receiving end of a real strike? 

eastcoastlobster #13 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 21:27

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 63 battles
Just have you Rum Ration before pressing the Battle Button much in the same way in WWI before they went "over the top" and you'll be fine.

Dab_3_For_Balance #14 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 21:39

Sergeant

• Players
  • 47807 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View Postdunniteowl, on Aug 27 2019 - 18:30, said:

And while the tier X LT issue was like you describe, how did that affect ALL the other LTs in the game?  Oh, right, it didn't.  So your idea is a more all encompassing thing for an entire class and you think it's a good idea.  

Sir, please pull your head out of your [edited]. They did that just for the test so it wasn't 15vs15 tier 10 LTs every game.

Dab_3_For_Balance #15 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 21:40

Sergeant

• Players
  • 47807 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View PostchoSenfroZen_1, on Aug 27 2019 - 19:20, said:

Wow, forty seven thousand games and presto bingo bango, this guy finally gets it. Astounding. Amazing.

Holy smokes it took you THIS LONG to figure this out. Mensa member you are not it seems. Sort of scary it takes people this long to understand this incredibly SIMPLE and outstandingly easy thing to grasp.

Arty was DESIGNED to be annoying . It is supposed to irritate, distract and damage. It is supposed to make enemies be cautious and mutter about arty. The stun is there to bug you and give your enemy and easier time. Wow, 47 k games and this is being realized.  

If it took you this long to understand this small fact, I would be embarrassed to tell others who, where, what and why to play things in a computer game, especially with your condescending tone.

Play your own game, if you do not like what exists. No one but you cares. Quit playing and then others will not have to listen to you.

There are and have always been 5 classes to the game, we have been repeatedly told. That means, told a lot of times. Each class has its role and all are essential to their game design.

Testing. Well, get your facts correct. 

The tier 10 lights were part of the 9.18 update. It was a huge nerf to arty as well as introducing many tier 9 and 10 light tanks. What happened was they had to FORCE players to play the light tanks. NO one wanted to pay them on the sandbox, they were too interested in the arty. Frontline sandbox they needed to get players to move through all classes. The maps were so unusually large, no one wanted slow heavies and td's.

You are the exact reason we need downvotes here.

Dab_3_For_Balance #16 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 21:42

Sergeant

• Players
  • 47807 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View PostProjectile_Misfired, on Aug 27 2019 - 20:03, said:

"Testing" is NOT playing (well, technically it is, but...). When those Tier 10 Lights were released to the "live" server, I had absolutely NO requirements to play anything else if I wanted to play those Lights. The reason WG may have instituted that functionality on the "TEST" server was so that players had other types of tanks to play against for a better judgement as to how the new ones are working.

I was going to mention the 'sui-scouting', but I see you already addressed that. So, I'll address your "top 10 XP" idea. 

Well, being able to play any type of tank shouldn't be the results of "completing a mission", because that is exactly what your proposition is doing. It's making the ability to play arty a "reward" for completing a mission of "placing in the Top 10 XP earners on your team". Why not just go ahead and "throw insult to injury" and require players to also enter a fracking code to GET THE FRACKING MISSION?

(I apologize for the harsh, foul language. But, that is really an awful suggestion.)

Furthermore, what if a player IS legitimately trying to play and still can't make the top 10 ("Ammo-Rack City", here we come)? Now, due to circumstances outside a players control, they now have to play even more games before being able to play arty. Punishing players is not a way of fixing a game.

Yet, you fail to address the obvious issue with your suggestion. You're singling out one specific tank type.

What about those players that ONLY play Heavies, or Meds, or Lights, or TDs, "...or, or this place..." (sorry "One Night in Bangkok" jumped into my head for a sec)?

Shouldn't THEY also be required to play 3 games in another tank type in order to play their tank-of-choice? That's fair, isn't it? ...except for the fact that players may actually 'lock' all their tanks be failing to make the top 10 XP.

If you can't make it into top 10 by xp in 49/50 games you might want to rethink the way you play this game.

HeavyMetalSix #17 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 21:58

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 55590 battles
good lord the incessant arty QQ persists despite 1.6 making it worse to play arty than vs it....

n4cer67 #18 Posted Aug 28 2019 - 00:37

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 17719 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP
NO, current setup is fine. Everyone should be able to play the class of their choice without be restricted. Arty is good for those who are team players and have patience along with the ability to plan ahead. What's the problem the other Arty players giving you too much competition?

Edited by n4cer67, Aug 28 2019 - 00:44.

tanopasman62 #19 Posted Aug 28 2019 - 02:55

Major

• -Players-
  • 21375 battles
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_
Only if they give the same treatment to tier 10 reward tanks, restriction to 3 per team and no more than one per platoon included.

choSenfroZen_1 #20 Posted Aug 28 2019 - 03:02

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6346 battles
  • [GITS] GITS

View PostMeAndTheBoysInA_Tank, on Aug 27 2019 - 12:40, said:

You are the exact reason we need downvotes here.

Why a downvote?

You made a broad statement. 

I countered that statement.

Your response, well,  not really much of a response. 

You want a vehicle that is doing its designed job, and judging by your annoyance, doing it well, fixed.

You somehow think something doing its job, needs repairs.

Edited by choSenfroZen_1, Aug 28 2019 - 03:03.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users