Just another rant about arty (With possibly one of the best solutions how to fix it without any char...

Arty plzfixblyat Nerf arty or we riot

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

ArmorStorm #21 Posted Aug 28 2019 - 03:23

Major

• Players
  • 37686 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View PostMeAndTheBoysInA_Tank, on Aug 27 2019 - 12:00, said:

Yes, arty is annoying. Some people want it removed, but doing so, will probably make games last longer, and sometimes, it is useful to have at least 1 arty in a team.

Possibly, I came up with one of the best solutions on how to make there be less artillery in queue without nerfing it in any way (Not touching its characteristics).  

If you recall, back when they were testing tier 10 Light Tanks, you had to play 3 games in a normal tank to be able to play 1 game in a new LT. It was done to avoid having a large amount of Light Tanks per team. I think that if we do the same thing for arty, the game would be a lot more enjoyable. 

(you can't stack the amount of games you can play in arty)

I only see a few negative things about this.

First, those who play artillery exclusively, wouldn't be able to do so anymore. And in a way, its a good thing. They'll get to experience actually playing the game and thinking. But then there are disabled people, who can't play normal tanks, and that might actually be an issue. 

Another problem I see with this is that this change might make people suiscout more just to play the amount of games needed to unlock a game in an arty. Technically, that is easily fixable by making you be in top 10 by xp in your team. That way, people would actually have to try at least a tiny bit, and they would also have to wait until the end of the game which would prevent them from just spamming arty games like nothing happened.

Other than the things above, I see absolutely no other problems. The arty isn't going to change in any way, there will be less of it, and arty players would actually have to play normal tanks too. I'm expecting a lot of arty players talk crap to me, but seriously, having 3 arty per game is annoying. Even for an arty player, its best to have as little artillery in your team as possible, because that way, nobody would be stealing your potential stun damage.

I'm hoping that many people would support this idea, and WG would hear this. I'm sure this exact idea wouldn't be introduced, but maybe it would help them come up with something similar, maybe more or less strict. I believe that making someone play 3 games in a normal tank to be able to play 1 game in arty is a fair trade.

Ratnikk #22 Posted Aug 28 2019 - 09:07

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13444 battles
  • [DSRTD] DSRTD
Limit the times you can play spg after spending months of grinding? Hah, no. Can you people stop crying about spgs already? Do you know how it feels when your favorite tank gets nerfed MULTIPLE times to oblivion? Not good.

_Koschei_ #23 Posted Aug 28 2019 - 12:25

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33553 battles
  • [K0HAI] K0HAI

bad idea ....players only play arty because:

1. it is easy no skill needed and they cannot cope with real tanks.

2. they are drunk or on dope

3. got dropped on head when an infant

4. because wargaming made it mandatory to receive reward tanks via campaign missions due to fact majority of playerbase hate them and would not play them

WhineMaker #24 Posted Aug 28 2019 - 14:15

Major

• Players
  • 38300 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View PostMeAndTheBoysInA_Tank, on Aug 27 2019 - 10:00, said:

~Wall 'o text~

Can you say "WoT Blitz"?

Sure you can... :child:

All of your problems solved... :arta:

See how easy that is... :great:

HeavyMetalSix #25 Posted Aug 29 2019 - 04:04

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 55366 battles

View Post_Koschei_, on Aug 28 2019 - 11:25, said:

4. because wargaming made it mandatory to receive reward tanks via campaign missions due to fact majority of playerbase hate them and would not play them

See Armorstorm's post.

VooDooKobra #26 Posted Aug 29 2019 - 13:58

Major

• Players
  • 9998 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostMeAndTheBoysInA_Tank, on Aug 27 2019 - 11:00, said:

Yes, arty is annoying. Some people want it removed, but doing so, will probably make games last longer, and sometimes, it is useful to have at least 1 arty in a team.

Possibly, I came up with one of the best solutions on how to make there be less artillery in queue without nerfing it in any way (Not touching its characteristics).  

If you recall, back when they were testing tier 10 Light Tanks, you had to play 3 games in a normal tank to be able to play 1 game in a new LT. It was done to avoid having a large amount of Light Tanks per team. I think that if we do the same thing for arty, the game would be a lot more enjoyable. 

First, those who play artillery exclusively, wouldn't be able to do so anymore. And in a way, its a good thing. They'll get to experience actually playing the game and thinking. But then there are disabled people, who can't play normal tanks, and that might actually be an issue. 

Another problem I see with this is that this change might make people suiscout more just to play the amount of games needed to unlock a game in an arty. Technically, that is easily fixable by making you be in top 10 by xp in your team. That way, people would actually have to try at least a tiny bit, and they would also have to wait until the end of the game which would prevent them from just spamming arty games like nothing happened.

Other than the things above, I see absolutely no other problems. The arty isn't going to change in any way, there will be less of it, and arty players would actually have to play normal tanks too. I'm expecting a lot of arty players talk crap to me, but seriously, having 3 arty per game is annoying. Even for an arty player, its best to have as little artillery in your team as possible, because that way, nobody would be stealing your potential stun damage.

I'm hoping that many people would support this idea, and WG would hear this. I'm sure this exact idea wouldn't be introduced, but maybe it would help them come up with something similar, maybe more or less strict. I believe that making someone play 3 games in a normal tank to be able to play 1 game in arty is a fair trade.

the only thing your suggestion will do is make people play other games where they can play what they want when they want

though the actually playing the game comment is beautifully toxic, people who play arty whether you believe it or not, are playing the game.  they hit battle they fire rounds, they cause dmg, they are playing the game.  they are just not playing in a manner you approve of

Ratnikk #27 Posted Aug 30 2019 - 11:44

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13444 battles
  • [DSRTD] DSRTD
OP is just mad because his 200IQ clan cheats cant do anything vs spgs.

dunniteowl #28 Posted Aug 30 2019 - 15:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 31363 battles

View PostMeAndTheBoysInA_Tank, on Aug 27 2019 - 14:39, said:

Sir, please pull your head out of your [edited]. They did that just for the test so it wasn't 15vs15 tier 10 LTs every game.

Sir?  Well, I probably AM older than you and I AM descended and related to the King of Ireland Teague O'Doynne circa 1412, but I work for a living.

Ahh, what the hell, I deserve the moniker, "Sir."

Yes, they did that JUST FOR THE TEST.  Do you not see that you made this comparison, not me.  I pointed out how incredibly FOOLISH this comparison is.

You make the case for LTs at ONLY tiers 9 and 10 and MAKE IT EQUAL to Punishing an Entire Class of Units being played on the Live Server.

You are the one that should pull his head out of his rectal area.

Good Day to You.

OvO

dunniteowl #29 Posted Aug 30 2019 - 16:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 31363 battles

View Post_Koschei_, on Aug 28 2019 - 05:25, said:

Hey OP, This guy is a good reason for downvotes.

Here is a sadly misanthropic goon who has absolutely nothing nice to say about people he has no direct experience with in life.  This, while not illegal, is the real reason we still need downvotes.

To the person I am quoting:

This is about the saddest example of an inability to empathize to even a marginal degree.  Please tell me you are not in a position to be responsible for the safety of any living creature.

OvO

Edited by dunniteowl, Aug 30 2019 - 16:05.

GRINCH7777 #30 Posted Sep 02 2019 - 07:22

Captain

• Players
  • 47998 battles
  • [SHUSH] SHUSH

View PostMeAndTheBoysInA_Tank, on Aug 27 2019 - 12:00, said:

....get back on your meds or go smoke another bowl.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users