Jump to content


September Scavenger Hunt

scavenger hunt scavenger hunt september

  • Please log in to reply
249 replies to this topic

DomoSapien #1 Posted Aug 28 2019 - 23:21

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 14961 battles
  • 1,187
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    12-28-2012

The Scavenger Hunt returns in September!

 Every day, one of our Community Contributors will be releasing a Bonus Code at a scheduled time.

 

Here’s the Catch: Each code is only active for 2 days, starting at 00:00 on September 1st.

 

1st Code: Active from 00:00 CDT on September 1st to 06:20 CDT on September 3rd.

2nd Code: Active from 00:00 CDT on September 2nd to 06:20 CDT on September 4th

3rd Code: Active from 00:00 CDT on September 3rd to 06:20 CDT on September 5th

 

...so on and so forth, until September 30th.

We will be kicking off the September Scavenger Hunt on the news portal, under the September Scavenger Hunt article.

 

As customary, all Scavenger Hunt participants that redeem at least 1 Code this month will receive credit for 3 extra codes on the 20th, provided they redeem that code prior to 23:59 on 9/19.This will allow you to receive the 30K XP Bonus for 31 Codes.

 

 

So what exactly does this code give you? A set of personal missions tied directly to how many codes you redeem during the month of September. Here's how they work:

 

Each code you redeem will give you 1 "Secret Sign" Token. This token allows you to complete Personal Mission: "Scavenger Hunt" 1 time. That means that the number of times you're able to complete this mission directly correlates to how many codes you've gathered. If you gather 5 codes, you'll be able to complete it 5 times.

 

The more codes you gather during the month of September, the more missions you will be able to access, and the more rewards you will receive. Players will receive access to additional missions, based off of milestones for total number of September Scavenger Hunt Codes redeemed. You can review all the missions, and their corresponding rewards in the table below:

 

MISSION LIST

 

Checking How many codes you've redeemed:

 

Checking how many times you've completed the "Scavenger Hunt" Mission for Boosters:

The number next to "Completed" in the window that comes up after clicking on the panel in your mission UI tells you how many times you've completed this mission.


 

You can also click on any of the other missions to see how many "Manual" Tokens you've received. The number of manual tokens can also be used to track how far away from completing these various tiered missions.

Checking the progress on your tiered reward/milestone missions:

 


 

For all intents and purposes, the most important to keep track of are your "Manual" tokens because these tokens are what will trigger your Tiered Reward/Milestone missions.

 

SCHEDULE
We're still filling out the schedule, so make sure you bookmark this page and check back often! All dates listed with TBD will be updated throughout the month. 

 

Check back often to stay up-to-date!

 

date time (in CT) channel link Contributor
9/1 08:00 CT https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/  
9/2 05:00 CT youtube.com/TRUvoodoo TRUvoodoo
9/3 16:00 CT twitch.tv/worldoftanksna  
9/4 07:00 CT https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzd4YPYoyDgTp6XBCdzoNLA Guido1212
9/5 19:00 CT www.twitch.tv/sir8j sir8j
9/6 17:00 CT https://www.twitch.tv/cody_menz Cody menz
9/7 11:00 CT https://www.youtube.com/user/nandocapo03 Nando_Capo
9/8 15:00 CT https://www.twitch.tv/ominousfyxen OminousFyxen
9/9 09:00 CT www.youtube.com/xanderp XanderP
9/10 11:00 CT https://www.youtube.com/user/nandocapo03 Nando_Capo
9/11 TBD https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjgS6Uyg8ok4Jd_lH_MUKgg CK
9/12 19:00 CT www.twitch.tv/sir8j sir8j
9/13 2100 CT twitch.tv/trobsmonkey Trobsmonkey
9/14 15:00 CT https://www.twitch.tv/mountain_man Mountain Man
9/15 17:00 CT Https://twitch.tv/cody_menz Cody menz
9/16 TBD https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjgS6Uyg8ok4Jd_lH_MUKgg CK
9/17 11:00 CT https://www.youtube.com/user/nandocapo03 Nando_capo
9/18 09:00 CT www.twitch.tv/xanderptv XanderP
9/19 19:00 CT www.twitch.tv/sir8j sir8j
9/20 15:00 CT https://www.twitch.tv/goshism Goshism
9/21 TBD https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjgS6Uyg8ok4Jd_lH_MUKgg CK
9/22 12:00 CT https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzd4YPYoyDgTp6XBCdzoNLA Guido1212
9/23 TBD https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjgS6Uyg8ok4Jd_lH_MUKgg CK
9/24 19:00 CT https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3JRXeEP613GTXTNM9YUs-A vergara21
9/25 0700 CDT https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzd4YPYoyDgTp6XBCdzoNLA Guido1212
9/26 19:00 CT www.twitch.tv/sir8j sir8j
9/27 2100 ct twitch.tv/trobsmonkey trobsmonkey
9/28 19:00 CT https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3JRXeEP613GTXTNM9YUs-A vergara21
9/29 11:00 CT https://www.youtube.com/user/nandocapo03 Nando_capo
9/30 05:00 CT youtube.com/TRUvoodoo TRU



Keep an eye on the time that each contributor will be releasing their code! CC's have been instructed not to share their code until their scheduled code drop time! Don't bother asking them for it ahead of time. They aren't allowed to share it with you prior to the time that they are scheduled.

 

If a contributor is releasing the code one letter at a time, they are obligated to finish and release the entire code at the scheduled time. If a streamer starts up their stream early, they are not obligated to reveal the code until the scheduled time as well.

Please don't harass my CC's. They're all really nice people and they're doing both me and you a favor by signing up for the Scavenger Hunt and creating all this awesome content around it. If you harass my contributors I will curse you with a lifetime of bad RNG and 6-arty games. Okay, I don't actually have the ability to do that but I won't like you very much.

 

 

"Oh boy, Domo. That's a lot of text, and it's all pretty confusing! Why's this so complicated!?"

I know it seems complicated, but it's really not. It's just really difficult to quickly articulate via text. At a very basic level, here's what you need to know.

1. Redeem a Code

2. Login, place in top 10 XP earners on your team in a battle. 

3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 every day, up to 31 times, and get extra prizes.

4. Keep an eye on your tokens to make sure you're using the right tank for your 30th and 31st completions, because these will award XP to the vehicle that's used to complete the mission.

Side notes: 

  • You don't have to log in and complete missions every day. The missions are active all month, so you can complete them at your own pace.
  • While you don't have to complete the missions every day, you've only got 2-day windows to redeem the codes themselves.

 

As customary, all Scavenger Hunt participants that redeem at least 1 Code this month will receive credit for 3 extra codes on the 20th, provided they redeem that code prior to 23:59 on 9/19. This will allow you to receive the 30K XP Bonus for 31 Codes.

HOW TO REDEEM A BONUS CODE


Edited by DomoSapien, Sep 19 2019 - 21:36.
schedule updated


Blocksupstudios #2 Posted Aug 28 2019 - 23:24

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 13698 battles
  • 494
  • Member since:
    06-22-2013
may be annoying to do codes again but hey, not gonna complain about free credit boosters 

PTwr #3 Posted Aug 28 2019 - 23:25

    Major

  • Players
  • 45522 battles
  • 10,504
  • [BITSA] BITSA
  • Member since:
    04-25-2011

Oh my. In WarChild we trust :)

Codes will probably show in his thread: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/605553-codes-r-us/



Garandster #4 Posted Aug 28 2019 - 23:25

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 6134 battles
  • 1,273
  • Member since:
    04-12-2018
Thanks for doing this Domo! :medal:

DomoSapien #5 Posted Aug 28 2019 - 23:32

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 14961 battles
  • 1,187
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    12-28-2012

View PostBlocksupstudios, on Aug 28 2019 - 16:24, said:

may be annoying to do codes again but hey, not gonna complain about free credit boosters 

Yeah, for what it's worth I started doing codes for scavenger hunt well before the event guys decided to do them for virtually everything D:
Sadly there is no good way outside of codes to actually have a call to action which drives traffic to CC Channels, at least via the purpose of this event.

 

Perhaps in the future we will be able to figure out something that rewards people for following CC's on Twitch or Subscribing to them on Youtube. 



nekojima #6 Posted Aug 28 2019 - 23:32

    Captain

  • Players
  • 40276 battles
  • 1,486
  • Member since:
    09-05-2012

"The more codes you gather during the month of May, the more missions you will be able to access, and the more rewards you will receive. Players will receive access to additional missions, based off of milestones for total number of May Scavenger Hunt Codes redeemed."

 

So since I didn't play in May, I'll get less missions in September?

 



RHeadshot #7 Posted Aug 28 2019 - 23:34

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 5922 battles
  • 1,236
  • Member since:
    10-12-2018

View PostDomoSapien, on Aug 28 2019 - 23:32, said:

Yeah, for what it's worth I started doing codes for scavenger hunt well before the event guys decided to do them for virtually everything D:
Sadly there is no good way outside of codes to actually have a call to action which drives traffic to CC Channels, at least via the purpose of this event.

 

Perhaps in the future we will be able to figure out something that rewards people for following CC's on Twitch or Subscribing to them on Youtube.

Sounds like a perfect excuse to not use codes.



heavymetal1967 #8 Posted Aug 28 2019 - 23:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 73224 battles
  • 22,326
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

Plus one Domo.

 

View PostDomoSapien, on Aug 28 2019 - 18:21, said:

 

 

As customary, all Scavenger Hunt participants that redeem at least 1 Code this month will receive credit for 3 extra codes on the 20th, provided they redeem that code prior to 23:59 on 9/19
 

 

 

Thinking out loud/food for thought moment. :P

 

Hopefully the issue with the bonus tokens not counting towards the "REDEEM" CC codes like last month won't be an issue this month. 

 

 



heavymetal1967 #9 Posted Aug 28 2019 - 23:37

    Major

  • Players
  • 73224 battles
  • 22,326
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View Postnekojima, on Aug 28 2019 - 18:32, said:

"The more codes you gather during the month of May, the more missions you will be able to access, and the more rewards you will receive. Players will receive access to additional missions, based off of milestones for total number of May Scavenger Hunt Codes redeemed."

 

So since I didn't play in May, I'll get less missions in September?

 

 

I'm gonna go not too far out on a limb and say some of the opening post was a copy/paste and Domo missed an edit.



DomoSapien #10 Posted Aug 28 2019 - 23:39

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 14961 battles
  • 1,187
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    12-28-2012

View Postnekojima, on Aug 28 2019 - 16:32, said:

"The more codes you gather during the month of May, the more missions you will be able to access, and the more rewards you will receive. Players will receive access to additional missions, based off of milestones for total number of May Scavenger Hunt Codes redeemed."

 

So since I didn't play in May, I'll get less missions in September?

 

Nope, I just copy + pasted most of the May thread and missed that :) Thanks for the catch.



DomoSapien #11 Posted Aug 28 2019 - 23:42

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 14961 battles
  • 1,187
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    12-28-2012

View Postheavymetal1967, on Aug 28 2019 - 16:35, said:

Plus one Domo.

 

 

 

Thinking out loud/food for thought moment. :P

 

Hopefully the issue with the bonus tokens not counting towards the "REDEEM" CC codes like last month won't be an issue this month. 

 

 

Definitely going to make sure that doesn't happen this month!

 

View PostRHeadshot, on Aug 28 2019 - 16:34, said:

Sounds like a perfect excuse to not use codes.

Not use codes for Scavenger Hunt, or not use codes for everything else? Trust me, I don't like the codes either and if I had the power to get rid of them I definitely would.

There's no way to run the Scavenger Hunt without them though :(


Edited by DomoSapien, Aug 28 2019 - 23:43.


Cowcat137 #12 Posted Aug 28 2019 - 23:57

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 14248 battles
  • 6,811
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015
How about giving Premium Accounts the codes automatically ?

DrWho_ #13 Posted Aug 29 2019 - 00:12

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 25924 battles
  • 3,161
  • Member since:
    07-29-2017

As much as I dislike the codes, and I'm quite vocal about it, I have zero problem with this type of event using codes to drive traffic to certain sites.

 

I'm getting free stuff and WG and their CCs get something in return, this is exactly the kind of event codes are for

 

And thx for the upcoming free stuff, I just dropped below 1500 boosters in my depot :D



cavalry11 #14 Posted Aug 29 2019 - 00:36

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 49886 battles
  • 704
  • [11BAT] 11BAT
  • Member since:
    06-24-2013
Back to the stupid codes from CCs , that just sucks.

Sink_Stuff #15 Posted Aug 29 2019 - 00:36

    Captain

  • Players
  • 15570 battles
  • 1,524
  • Member since:
    04-10-2011

Ok so be sure not to miss a single code! - (75% of schedule is blank)

You don't need to do these missions every day! - (specifically states two lines above this to do the missions every day)

This is not complicated! - (it's just a six tiered mission chain where you first have to find a new code every single day just to begin)

How to keep track of this! - (button doesn't even work)

 

Yeah, i'm not even going to waste any more time on this. Why? Because this isn't worth my time. All this for some 50% boosters and tea and bread?  I have better things to do. Listen, i get that you are trying to get people to watch your content creators. But while you say it's not complicated, your system is complete garbage. You are wasting players time having to find codes just to be able to use them. See in WOWS they already have this figured out. They just give the streamers so many codes per month that they can give out however they want. Each code is a one time use code for one person. They do this because it lets the streamer / you tuber / whatever give out the codes as they see fit, when they think it's best, which is what helps them the most. Why do they do this? Because if no one is watching a particular content creator then your missions aren't going to change that. They simply aren't worth watching and you are wasting your time and ours trying to highlight people that simply aren't worth the time.

 

So do yourself, the players, and the content creators a break here and just do what WOWS does. It works. Your system is taking way too much of everyone's time (including yours) and isn't worth it to the player to even bother with. I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this.



bad_73 #16 Posted Aug 29 2019 - 00:44

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 1537 battles
  • 539
  • Member since:
    03-16-2019

View PostDomoSapien, on Aug 28 2019 - 23:39, said:

Nope, I just copy + pasted most of the May thread and missed that :) Thanks for the catch.

Could there be an arrangement where codes are not out at 11 pm eastern time??



Garandster #17 Posted Aug 29 2019 - 01:15

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 6134 battles
  • 1,273
  • Member since:
    04-12-2018

View Postcavalry11, on Aug 28 2019 - 18:36, said:

Back to the stupid codes from CCs , that just sucks.

 

It's a SCAVENGER HUNT. Not having to get (scavange) for the codes defeats the whole purpose of the event and the idea of promoting the CCs. You don't have to take part in the event if you don't want to.



HOTA_CHATON #18 Posted Aug 29 2019 - 01:23

    Major

  • Players
  • 13608 battles
  • 14,829
  • [MSG] MSG
  • Member since:
    09-28-2011
I am hoping that all CC's will be required to release the codes in a timely fashion and not when they do their live streaming at 9 PM that night, like some have been want to do.  That is not fair to the player base to have to wait nearly 12 to eighteen hours extra just because a CC will not post the code until then as been done repeatedly in the past.  While I realize we have time to run the missions but it shaves valuable time off what a working person left, in a day to redeem them.  Just some food for thought.

RHeadshot #19 Posted Aug 29 2019 - 01:25

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 5922 battles
  • 1,236
  • Member since:
    10-12-2018

View PostDomoSapien, on Aug 28 2019 - 23:42, said:

Definitely going to make sure that doesn't happen this month!

 

Not use codes for Scavenger Hunt, or not use codes for everything else? Trust me, I don't like the codes either and if I had the power to get rid of them I definitely would.

There's no way to run the Scavenger Hunt without them though :(

I won't ever use them.  And given you have someone posting the codes every day, doesn't it defeat your stated purpose for the codes anyway?



HOTA_CHATON #20 Posted Aug 29 2019 - 01:26

    Major

  • Players
  • 13608 battles
  • 14,829
  • [MSG] MSG
  • Member since:
    09-28-2011

View PostSink_Stuff, on Aug 28 2019 - 17:36, said:

Ok so be sure not to miss a single code! - (75% of schedule is blank)

You don't need to do these missions every day! - (specifically states two lines above this to do the missions every day)

This is not complicated! - (it's just a six tiered mission chain where you first have to find a new code every single day just to begin)

How to keep track of this! - (button doesn't even work)

 

Yeah, i'm not even going to waste any more time on this. Why? Because this isn't worth my time. All this for some 50% boosters and tea and bread?  I have better things to do. Listen, i get that you are trying to get people to watch your content creators. But while you say it's not complicated, your system is complete garbage. You are wasting players time having to find codes just to be able to use them. See in WOWS they already have this figured out. They just give the streamers so many codes per month that they can give out however they want. Each code is a one time use code for one person. They do this because it lets the streamer / you tuber / whatever give out the codes as they see fit, when they think it's best, which is what helps them the most. Why do they do this? Because if no one is watching a particular content creator then your missions aren't going to change that. They simply aren't worth watching and you are wasting your time and ours trying to highlight people that simply aren't worth the time.

 

So do yourself, the players, and the content creators a break here and just do what WOWS does. It works. Your system is taking way too much of everyone's time (including yours) and isn't worth it to the player to even bother with. I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this.


Sink, what WOW's does is way less complicated and works much better but WOT just seems to never look for a better way to do it.







Also tagged with scavenger, hunt, scavenger hunt, september

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users