scavenger hunt scavenger hunt september

• Please log in to reply
249 replies to this topic

Casual_Boops #21 Posted Aug 29 2019 - 03:05

Captain

• -Players-
  • 35663 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

Maybe I missed it... What are the rewards for entering the codes?

EDIT: nevermind, I didn't scroll enough.

Edited by pickpocket293, Aug 29 2019 - 03:05.

BigDollarBillz #22 Posted Aug 29 2019 - 03:48

Major

• Players
  • 38780 battles
  • [SBW] SBW

View PostBlocksupstudios, on Aug 28 2019 - 17:24, said:

may be annoying to do codes again but hey, not gonna complain about free credit boosters 

I am sitting on close to 200. If I could let you have them I would.

bravo9er #23 Posted Aug 29 2019 - 07:40

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25859 battles
Can we make the code active for 3 days?  With some of the CC's not releasing code until 11:00 pm, it's more like 1 1/2 day, or 1 day.   3 days will guarantee 2 full days minimum to redeem.

Volcanic_lobster_220 #24 Posted Aug 29 2019 - 07:50

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8734 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR

Block Quote

We will be kicking off the September Scavenger Hunt on the news portal, under the September Scavenger Hunt article.

Oh thank goodness, much appreciated, and also people won't miss the first day last month like i did.

Edited by Volcanic_lobster_220, Aug 29 2019 - 08:13.

ArmorStorm #25 Posted Aug 29 2019 - 13:33

Major

• Players
  • 37707 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View PostDomoSapien, on Aug 28 2019 - 16:32, said:

Yeah, for what it's worth I started doing codes for scavenger hunt well before the event guys decided to do them for virtually everything D:
Sadly there is no good way outside of codes to actually have a call to action which drives traffic to CC Channels, at least via the purpose of this event.

Perhaps in the future we will be able to figure out something that rewards people for following CC's on Twitch or Subscribing to them on Youtube. 

For what it’s worth the entire concept of paying players with in-game goods to watch someone else playing your game is asinine.  

Carde #26 Posted Aug 29 2019 - 15:39

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 60321 battles
Its a thing...i get a reward for fairly basic mouthbreathing.  I dont have to jump through a ring of fire or climb the rope in gym or pass the bar exam to do it.  I get it.  Really hoping its to demonstrate non-bot human clickers to a potential buyer for the NA franchise, but even if its not..this is fine.

omi5cron #27 Posted Aug 29 2019 - 17:15

Major

• Players
  • 23939 battles
these are the only codes i approve of (well, "voting" codes too). very useful and instantly rewarding! all others need to go to the dustbin of history.

DomoSapien #28 Posted Aug 29 2019 - 17:33

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14965 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostHOTA_CHATON, on Aug 28 2019 - 18:23, said:

I am hoping that all CC's will be required to release the codes in a timely fashion and not when they do their live streaming at 9 PM that night, like some have been want to do.  That is not fair to the player base to have to wait nearly 12 to eighteen hours extra just because a CC will not post the code until then as been done repeatedly in the past.  While I realize we have time to run the missions but it shaves valuable time off what a working person left, in a day to redeem them.  Just some food for thought.

So the codes are theoretically a bit longer than 48 hours, since they deactivate at 17:00 CT 2 days after the day they activate. But I certainly am not opposed to trying out a 72+ hour redemption window for the next iteration of Scavenger Hunt.

To avoid posting a big long message of block quotes about WoWS' bonus code system - you're assuming that we're trying to impact the exact same metrics they are. Yes, giving Mountain Man like 50 codes to give out at his discretion is great but it doesn't directly correlate with in-game engagement. And it only gives rewards to those 50 people. Having codes tied to missions drives many of the people who redeem the codes to then log in and complete their mission. And chances are if you're logging in to play one battle, you'll probably play at least a few more.

Whenever I talk to people about the Scavenger Hunt I mention how it's one of the things we're doing to try and offer highly engaged players a way to expedite their grind - our game doesn't do an amazing job of onboarding new players or helping new players reach, say, tier 6 or 8. But if they are engaged with the community, follow along with community events outside of the game, watch streamers and youtubers from our CC program - they will not only be able to reach those tiers faster but hopefully also pick up a lot of good gameplay habits along the way.

Is it a be-all-end-all solution? Nope. But it's something. The beauty of the event is that if you hate bonus codes, or you don't care about the boosters because you have ten billion of them, you don't have to worry about it. But the option is there, if you want to participate.

Asinine or not, it's hard to ignore the data that we get from CC's and from player behavior among scavenger hunt participants. The data shows that the results are positive. Participants are more engaged than non-participants, and that translates not only to longer + more frequent sessions, but also increased credit/xp earning and spending as well as noticeable spikes in CC follower/subscriber counts that coincide with their code drop dates.

Edited by DomoSapien, Aug 29 2019 - 18:39.

Playz4Free #29 Posted Aug 29 2019 - 19:43

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1683 battles

Forums: We want more stuff, greedy WG!

Domo: *Makes event to get people stuff and help the CCs out*

Forums: No, I just want it in my depot for no effort or participation.

I think it's kind of funny seeing people complain over free stuff. They developed a program that gets everyone tons of boosters and other free stuff, all you do is enter a code and ENGAGE WITH THE GAME. Between this, Tank Rewards, Showdown Saturday, and the various in-game events, there is a lot of stuff that is obtainable for a minimal participation threshold. Most gaming companies do events that reward participation, very rarely do companies just hand out stuff for nothing. The whole point of events is to drive up participation, if in your opinion the rewards aren't worth your participation than simply choose not to participate. I think people have a big fear of missing out and get really upset because people who choose to participate get things and they don't. Thank you Domo and WGNA for all the events that you put on, as someone who was already going to play, I'm loving all the bonuses.

heavymetal1967 #30 Posted Aug 29 2019 - 21:22

Major

• Players
  • 73227 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostDomoSapien, on Aug 29 2019 - 12:33, said:

Whenever I talk to people about the Scavenger Hunt I mention how it's one of the things we're doing to try and offer highly engaged players a way to expedite their grind

This is the real reward from Scav Hunts imo and it is duly appreciated.

40k xp on a grind or 30k and 10k if you split the last two missions ain't nothing to sneeze at folks.  Especially when you're talking about tanks like the AMX 65t, the TVP TVU, 40TP, etc...   Or use that xp on an already researched tank for modules.  Either way it's a lot of grinding avoided or a nice chunk of gold and convertable xp saved.

The boosters in and of themselves make it worth it imo, but as far as I'm concerned they're the icing on the cake.

And thanks Domo for sticking it and continuing with them.   I'm sure there's quite a bit of work involved.  Then when you add on all the extra work from "I’m okay with the events that are unfolding currently" adjustments...  :amazed::D   throwing in the towel has to have crossed your mind a time or two.   Thanks for braving the "fire".

DrWho_ #31 Posted Aug 29 2019 - 22:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 25982 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on Aug 29 2019 - 17:33, said:

So the codes are theoretically a bit longer than 48 hours, since they deactivate at 17:00 CT 2 days after the day they activate. But I certainly am not opposed to trying out a 72+ hour redemption window for the next iteration of Scavenger Hunt.

To avoid posting a big long message of block quotes about WoWS' bonus code system - you're assuming that we're trying to impact the exact same metrics they are. Yes, giving Mountain Man like 50 codes to give out at his discretion is great but it doesn't directly correlate with in-game engagement. And it only gives rewards to those 50 people. Having codes tied to missions drives many of the people who redeem the codes to then log in and complete their mission. And chances are if you're logging in to play one battle, you'll probably play at least a few more.

Whenever I talk to people about the Scavenger Hunt I mention how it's one of the things we're doing to try and offer highly engaged players a way to expedite their grind - our game doesn't do an amazing job of onboarding new players or helping new players reach, say, tier 6 or 8. But if they are engaged with the community, follow along with community events outside of the game, watch streamers and youtubers from our CC program - they will not only be able to reach those tiers faster but hopefully also pick up a lot of good gameplay habits along the way.

Is it a be-all-end-all solution? Nope. But it's something. The beauty of the event is that if you hate bonus codes, or you don't care about the boosters because you have ten billion of them, you don't have to worry about it. But the option is there, if you want to participate.

Asinine or not, it's hard to ignore the data that we get from CC's and from player behavior among scavenger hunt participants. The data shows that the results are positive. Participants are more engaged than non-participants, and that translates not only to longer + more frequent sessions, but also increased credit/xp earning and spending as well as noticeable spikes in CC follower/subscriber counts that coincide with their code drop dates.

The Scavenger Hunt is a very nice event that allows people of all skills to get something out of it and since you guys don't mind the codes being posted on the forum it also allows people who for some reason can't/won't visit the CC's channels to get some free stuff.

I'm not saying it can't be improved on or that it should always stay the exact same format but it works quite well and many of us appreciate it. I'm often critical towards some of the stuff you guys do but once you found a decent way to keep track of the amount of codes you've actually collected I've got nothing to complain about. 

In short, good job

SlappedbyRommel #32 Posted Aug 29 2019 - 23:30

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10263 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE

View PostYANKEE137, on Aug 28 2019 - 23:57, said:

How about giving Premium Accounts the codes automatically ?

Already put in a ticket for it last time around and nothing for response

Cricketer #33 Posted Aug 30 2019 - 03:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 11526 battles
  • [MARV] MARV
I really appreciate this event. It worked great in July, looking forward to it.

GAJohnnie #34 Posted Aug 30 2019 - 03:36

Major

• Players
  • 10692 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
Bookmark

Sink_Stuff #35 Posted Aug 30 2019 - 04:56

Captain

• Players
  • 15570 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on Aug 29 2019 - 16:33, said:

To avoid posting a big long message of block quotes about WoWS' bonus code system - you're assuming that we're trying to impact the exact same metrics they are. Yes, giving Mountain Man like 50 codes to give out at his discretion is great but it doesn't directly correlate with in-game engagement.

Reply: Prove it, because in WOWS it does. So you are trying to claim that giving him codes will not cause player engagement with the game. And yet, get this wonderful logic here by you, you are giving him codes to give away to cause people to engage with the game. In essence, you are talking in circles trying to say that giving him 50 codes doesn't work but your entire plan is to give him codes in the hopes that it works. You are doing exactly what you are trying to argue against. You obviously have not thought this through. You can give him a mission code to give away that causes someone to play 10 games to get the reward. The mission code is up to you. The difference here is that you are arguing that giving him one code for a short activation time for anyone watching only on a specific day is better than giving him 50 codes that he can give out over the entire month. You are simply trying to argue that your way is better with zero proof that it is and instead a bunch of people telling you that the other game is better. Your simply hell bent on this no matter what is actually better is what it seems. So don't pretend to be data driven by results, because your logic is completely circular reasoning. 

And it only gives rewards to those 50 people. Having codes tied to missions drives many of the people who redeem the codes to then log in and complete their mission. And chances are if you're logging in to play one battle, you'll probably play at least a few more.

The 50 codes that you give the streamers can be completely tied to a mission. So don't pretend that it can't be. Or it can simply be one code that he gives out every day for a week. Next week, a new code for everyone. Your system artificially inflates his numbers for one single day, one day, and you pretend like it's massively helping his stream. It isn't because it isn't consistent. He has little control of when he can give it out. And he may even have to stream earlier than normal just to be able to get it out there early enough. So your not helping streamers, instead your trying to make them your employees for a day and even having them go against their own schedule to do it possibly. Not only that, now the players also have to be on this schedule. Is this good for the streamer? Is this good for the player? No, it isn't. It forces everyone to be on your schedule and not their own, which makes me believe that this entire scavenger hunt is more about you having something to do and feeling more in charge of everyone than actually helping everyone else. This event seems more about you than the people you are claiming to help. Also, you are not driving people to the game. You are doing the exact opposite. You are trying to drive people to a stream. You are only secondarily hoping that it also drives them to the game. The fact that you deny this basic reality tells me that this event is all about your little feels and not data driven reality. If you actually wanted to drive people more to the game you wouldn't even be trying to drive them to streamers at all. You would instead engage the player through the game or email directly. This is why WOWS is just giving the streamers codes. You cannot have your cake and eat it too. You are either helping the streamers or driving people to the game. but don't kid yourself or us into believing that you are doing both at the same time. You and I both know that a single weekend email campaign with a 3x for 5 times per day mission will bring twice as many people to play the game as your entire month long scavenger hunt will. 

​This is the statement that shows that you simply aren't facing reality. Only the hard core players of any game watch streamers, you tube videos, etc. Why? Human psychology that's why. Only a certain type of person is going to be highly engaged with this game. Instead, what over a decade has taught us all is that most players see this game as a casual pew, pew, past time. They have zero intention of ever getting highly engaged or better at this game. They are here for light entertainment, not heavy engagement. So your scavenger hunt is only ever going to benefit the hard core player. The uninterested casual player is NEVER going to get all these codes every day. NEVER. You know that. I know that. Everyone knows that. You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink. If you actually wanted to help the streamers out you would do what WOWS does and give them codes that they can give to people when they feel best to do that. And you would have these codes last for more than a day or two. A week or two is what they codes need to be and a streamer needs to be able to give them out daily on his stream. Streaming is about content over time. NEVER is a one shot deal (a single day code) ever going to really help a streamer. They need content and goodies all the time. They need to give the viewer a reason to come back to the channel tomorrow. Your scavenger hunt even shows zero actual understanding of what streaming is actually about. WOWS is doing it right and if you want the data that shows you that it works all you have to do is ask them for it. But no, you want to have your little me thing here that is 100% about you and not actual results. 

LOL, the beauty is that you don't have to participate. Yeah, spend just two seconds using your brain to contemplate what you just said here. Here is what you are saying. "The good part here is screw you if you don't like it." Here is another statement that shows plainly that this daily code garbage scavenger hunt is all about your little feels. It's not about the data. It's not about whats best for the player, the streamer, the game, etc. It's 100% about you and that this is your little garbage idea and you are hell bent on doing it no matter how bad it really is verses other tested and approved methods done for years now by even your own company. 

LOL, "Participants are more engaged than non participants". LOL. Wow, so people who get codes use them play the game more than people who don't. OMG stop the presses here folks, we have a truly awesome revelation of genius. People who watch streamers to get codes play more than people who don't. There we go. We have the data that supports whatever we want to believe. Nothing else to see here. I mean really, did you think at all before writing that? Nope. You just got your little feels hurt and now you are talking non-sense and you don't even recognize it. 

Ok so you are supposed to be a professional. You are supposed to do what is actually best and not whatever garbage system you "Want" to do for whatever garbage reason that you want to do it. Maybe you had a lot of scavenger events as a kid and that's your thing. but don't sit here using circular logic, butt hurt emotional responses, and garbage self-reinforcing delusional data claims and think that it's going to fly with us. You see, we work in the real world. The world of results. The world of actually making things that work. Of doing what is best, not just what we feel like doing. 

It's completely obvious that even trying to talk to you about reality is going to be pointless. You're going to do what your little feels wants to do come hell or high water. Just be glad that you work in a sheltered little safe space where people aren't going to actually expect you to prove that you are doing the best option. Basically don't bother ever getting a job in the real world. 

Do you know what else proves that you are just full of it. It's the fact that you admit that the players have far too many codes to deal with but your response to that is like a two year old child. You said, "But I started doing codes first". If you were at a real company you would have been let go for that statement. It isn't about YOU. It isn't about your little feels. If the players already have too many codes to deal with then find another system. The fact that you even argued that your going to do this because you were first is absolute garbage. You're never going to go anywhere in the world with that garbage "my feels" attitude. It's about whats best for EVERYONE ELSE, not YOU. You are completely unprofessional. And if you think I am the only one that sees this then you are wrong. 

Edited by Sink_Stuff, Aug 30 2019 - 21:15.

Mr_Goodshots #36 Posted Aug 30 2019 - 06:37

Private

• -Players-
  • 21889 battles
  • [MMAD] MMAD
Cool. Another Scavenger Hunt. Thanks for the info.

scorpio_777 #37 Posted Aug 30 2019 - 07:37

Private

• -Players-
  • 18914 battles

Hello everyone.

Without success, I tried to redeem the code (YH9KTXZHJ6) that auto-populates into the code redemption window after clicking on the "REDEEM CODE" button at the bottom of the page which is entitled "The Scavenger Hunt Returns in September!" (URL: https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/missions/scavenger-hunt-0919/).

The verbiage "With that out of the way, let's get this Scavenger Hunt up and running! Redeem the code via the following button to begin the hunt: " is directly above the "REDEEM CODE" button, and

the verbiage "This code is active from Aug. 31, 22:00 PT | Sept. 1, 00:00 CT | 01:00 ET to Sept. 3, 15:00 PT | 17:00 CT | 18:00 ET" is directly below the "REDEEM CODE" button.

With that out of the way, let's get this Scavenger Hunt up and running! Redeem the code via the following button to begin the hunt:

<The "REDEEM CODE" button appears here>

This code is active from Aug. 31, 22:00 PT | Sept. 1, 00:00 CT | 01:00 ET to Sept. 3, 15:00 PT | 17:00 CT | 18:00 ET

Please forgive my noobish question. Does this mean that this particular code cannot be redeemed outside of the time window specified above?

Edited by scorpio_777, Aug 30 2019 - 07:43.

Sink_Stuff #38 Posted Aug 30 2019 - 07:59

Captain

• Players
  • 15570 battles

View Postscorpio_777, on Aug 30 2019 - 06:37, said:

Hello everyone.

Without success, I tried to redeem the code (YH9KTXZHJ6) that auto-populates into the code redemption window after clicking on the "REDEEM CODE" button at the bottom of the page which is entitled "The Scavenger Hunt Returns in September!" (URL: https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/missions/scavenger-hunt-0919/).

The verbiage "With that out of the way, let's get this Scavenger Hunt up and running! Redeem the code via the following button to begin the hunt: " is directly above the "REDEEM CODE" button, and

the verbiage "This code is active from Aug. 31, 22:00 PT | Sept. 1, 00:00 CT | 01:00 ET to Sept. 3, 15:00 PT | 17:00 CT | 18:00 ET" is directly below the "REDEEM CODE" button.

With that out of the way, let's get this Scavenger Hunt up and running! Redeem the code via the following button to begin the hunt:

This code is active from Aug. 31, 22:00 PT | Sept. 1, 00:00 CT | 01:00 ET to Sept. 3, 15:00 PT | 17:00 CT | 18:00 ET

Please forgive my noobish question. Does this mean that this particular code cannot be redeemed outside of the time window specified above?

Yes you see these NA people think that it's such a great idea to waste everyone's time posting codes that are only good for one day. This while they admit that we already have too dang many codes to deal with as it is. So, instead of giving one code that starts the 50th million mission chain that you probably have on your account. Instead, they thought that you would like the boring, tedious, waste of having to get a new code every single day from a different source. They say that this makes you want to play the game more instead of making you want to simply ignore the moronic idea and tedium of it all. They don't understand that wasting your precious game time every day looking for crap codes all the time actually takes you away from the game, every single day. Apparently, they think your now going to watch so-in-so streamer, when in actuality the entire garbage event forces you to watch some other streamer for a day.

In the end, they think you are going to bother to go to the forum every day, hoping for a schedule update. Then, spend all day waiting for some streamer to finally give you a code (because you have nothing better to do apparently). A code that only works for one day. And they think that you are now going to enjoy watching so-in-so streamer when all you really wanted was to get the dang code and move the hell on. 

In the end, it only proves that the NA office doesn't value your time. The NA office thinks you have nothing better to do than constantly keep up with their ever changing code streamer schedule. And if you miss a code, well then sorry for you, then you don't get whatever garbage the top prize was. Which means, well, in reality you might as well not bother with any of it anyway really. Instead, just tell the NA office how wonderful you think their garbage, scavenger, endless code event is like every other shill that kisses up to them on a constant basis. Instead of telling them the truth that their system is not even worth wasting your time over.

Edited by Sink_Stuff, Aug 30 2019 - 08:01.

DrWho_ #39 Posted Aug 30 2019 - 12:05

Major

• -Players-
  • 25982 battles

View Postscorpio_777, on Aug 30 2019 - 07:37, said:

Hello everyone.

Your understanding is spot on

KennyKat8 #40 Posted Aug 30 2019 - 18:04

Private

• -Players-
  • 12770 battles
  • [E-S-S] E-S-S
SHOUT OUT TO DOMO AND CREW!!! Thank you for putting in the massive time and effort to bring this event to the community. You are appreciated...o7

Edited by KennyKat8, Aug 30 2019 - 18:05.

Also tagged with scavenger, hunt, scavenger hunt, september

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users