• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

commander42 #1 Posted Aug 29 2019 - 06:08

Major

• Players
  • 26904 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P

So small sample size(maybe 10 total) but
1. Fires...... wayyyy too common and are instant death sentence cause no fire extinguishers.  My first 5 battles I got set on fire 4 times.  I think I have set somebody else on fire twice and gotten set on fire one more time.  So in 7 of my 10 battles either me or the person I was facing died because of fire.  That is stupidly high amount.
2.  People working together- already covered by other threads, I don't think its quite as common as they make it out to be.  But there should be much harsher punishments for this, another time for WGNA dropping the ball.
3.  Your spawn locations seems to have such a large factor in this mode, if you happen to spawn by crates and away from enemies you will do well regardless of what you do.  If you spawn in the middle of a few other tanks you got your work cut out for you.
4.  Is there a set map for where the crates appear?  I have noticed some general common areas but haven't played enough to see if they are set at fixed points or not.
5. are the supply drops from the planes generally worth it? haven't made it to one yet to pick it up, they are usually in dangerous spots so don't know how good of stuff it is that is dropped.

I_QQ_4_U #2 Posted Aug 29 2019 - 06:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 22881 battles

Everyone has to deal with fires so...

I hear everyone say that people are teaming up and I'm sure it happens but have only had it happen once and it could just have easily been due to the situation.

EDIT: Just had it happen for sure but still doesn't seem to be that common.

Yes they spawn i fixed locations, not sure about the drops though but they seem to as well.

They are worth it but you stand of good chance of dying if you go after one that doesn't appear really close to you. I've noticed a lot of people camp them.

Edited by I_QQ_4_U, Aug 29 2019 - 06:47.

Three_Leo_Brethren #3 Posted Aug 29 2019 - 08:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 11449 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

To be honest I don't think teaming up is really that common of a problem. Ive played hundreds of battles and only had 2 instances and none in the platoon version.

Fires do seem to be common, but they swing both ways so im not too worried personally.

As far as spawning too close to others, since you get to pick your spawn and others do too, its manual rng right there. If you spawn close to others, its because you and them both picked spawns (them could be 3-4 or more) near the same location. It would have been different if you picked somewhere else, I mean. Its random. So, I guess they could redo the spawn options to make it more spaced, but its still good as it is I think.

The bigger problems are that Steel Hunter is over for the majority of people who like it. WG never counted on so many reaching 25 on the first day like a ton of people I know. I got it on the second day, but still, its already over for so many. I hope they make a function so it can continue like a rank extension or a prestige model.

The spawns are random, but generally they spawn in fixed areas, so you can predict them :)

Ratnikk #4 Posted Aug 29 2019 - 08:06

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13444 battles
  • [DSRTD] DSRTD

View Postcommander42, on Aug 29 2019 - 00:08, said:

So small sample size(maybe 10 total) but
1. Fires...... wayyyy too common and are instant death sentence cause no fire extinguishers.  My first 5 battles I got set on fire 4 times.  I think I have set somebody else on fire twice and gotten set on fire one more time.  So in 7 of my 10 battles either me or the person I was facing died because of fire.  That is stupidly high amount.
2.  People working together- already covered by other threads, I don't think its quite as common as they make it out to be.  But there should be much harsher punishments for this, another time for WGNA dropping the ball.
3.  Your spawn locations seems to have such a large factor in this mode, if you happen to spawn by crates and away from enemies you will do well regardless of what you do.  If you spawn in the middle of a few other tanks you got your work cut out for you.
4.  Is there a set map for where the crates appear?  I have noticed some general common areas but haven't played enough to see if they are set at fixed points or not.
5. are the supply drops from the planes generally worth it? haven't made it to one yet to pick it up, they are usually in dangerous spots so don't know how good of stuff it is that is dropped.

1-Stop showing your sides/rear if you catch fire its because they shot your weakpoints. Face them.

2-I agree they should be banned from the game for cheating because it is cheating. The mode was called SOLO for a reason.

3-Youre right spawning point is a huge factor but if youre in trouble remember that everyone spawns with a boost in case you need to run away. You need some luck to be last survivor its not all about skill.

4-They spawn randomly, sometimes you pass an empty street just to see a drop appear later in the same spot.

5-Yes they are, in fact they are needed if you want to do well since they have all kinds of consumables and they also heal your HP and give massive exp when you take them.

Three_Leo_Brethren #5 Posted Aug 29 2019 - 08:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 11449 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostRatnikk, on Aug 29 2019 - 07:06, said:

1-Stop showing your sides/rear if you catch fire its because they shot your weakpoints. Face them.

2-I agree they should be banned from the game for cheating because it is cheating. The mode was called SOLO for a reason.

3-Youre right spawning point is a huge factor but if youre in trouble remember that everyone spawns with a boost in case you need to run away. You need some luck to be last survivor its not all about skill.

4-They spawn randomly, sometimes you pass an empty street just to see a drop appear later in the same spot.

5-Yes they are, in fact they are needed if you want to do well since they have all kinds of consumables and they also heal your HP and give massive exp when you take them.

He is definitely right about point 3. Make sure to use that for an important reason like if you NEED to run away. If you can escape without it, then do, but don't underestimate the importance of that boost. And skill is definitely not the winning factor here (WN8 doesn't win games here). You need to be smart and follow the right strategy to win here. I should make a post soon about dos and donts once this gets a little more age and people understand what Id be saying better. Hard knocks is sometimes the best way to get your point across lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users