• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

_Ayreon_ #1 Posted Aug 30 2019 - 16:16

Captain

• Players
  • 52838 battles
  • [NOBA] NOBA

Hello!

If you reach lvl 25 by Sunday, you will have 15 more days of Steel Hunter.  

Keep in mind you can't lose ranks and that being 4x in top 15 players gives you tokens for the final mission - be in top 15 and get 2 tickets for Tank Festival thing.

Now, if you want to get those camo styles or other goodies and need tickets to unlock them and make your progress faster, I suggest you continue playing Steel Hunter.

You only need to be in top 15, which can be done in like 5 minutes per game max, if you hide and drive around and wait for people to kill each other. Then you drive into them/zone and die. Hop into your next tank and do it 5 times in total per day. Also, you will help other players progress faster because they will have one tank less to fight against - everyone gets something, I guess. 

15 days - 2 tickets daily = 30 tickets (6 Dog Tag components, it comes in handy I guess).

15 days - 75 battles in total (5 battles daily) - around 30.000-35.000 silver per game at least (place 14 and 15 in game) = at least 2.5 million silver. 

IMO, this is a good deal given the time and effort you need to put into the game. It's around 20 minutes daily, around 5 hours in total from Sep 1 - Sep 15.

So... that's it, I guess. Thought you should know if you didn't already.

GL, HF!

jamesdoz #2 Posted Aug 30 2019 - 16:32

Major

• Players
  • 39282 battles
  • [AMOX] AMOX
Cool, I will probably make it by monday, I am lvl 18 but I only have time and the inclination for no more then five battles a day, Tbh I already have so many damn camos both custom and skins That they collect dust like the most of the 210 tanks in my garage

Edited by jamesdoz, Aug 30 2019 - 16:34.

Vulcan_Spectre #3 Posted Aug 30 2019 - 17:11

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4915 battles
  • [TCM] TCM
Yes, I lost like 7 chevron's the other day, I gotta do this to get em back

_Ayreon_ #4 Posted Aug 30 2019 - 19:21

Captain

• Players
  • 52838 battles
  • [NOBA] NOBA

View PostVulcan_Spectre, on Aug 30 2019 - 18:11, said:

Yes, I lost like 7 chevron's the other day, I gotta do this to get em back

Just keep it simple: hide, collect yellow and green goodies, don't rush for air drops, avoid fight. Try to at least make it to places where you don't lose any chevrons, and from there try to hide a bit more to get into places which give you at least one. You'll get there in no time! :) GL!

JeffXandra #5 Posted Aug 30 2019 - 19:26

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 46571 battles
Is there an urgency to get it done by Sunday? I’m at 15 but prioritizing the festival tickets from the base game during my limited hours

_Ayreon_ #6 Posted Aug 30 2019 - 20:17

Captain

• Players
  • 52838 battles
  • [NOBA] NOBA

View PostJeffXandra, on Aug 30 2019 - 20:26, said:

Is there an urgency to get it done by Sunday? I’m at 15 but prioritizing the festival tickets from the base game during my limited hours

No, no... You have time until Sep 15 to get to 25. You have plenty of time!

I created this topic just for those who already got to 25 or will get to it by Sunday, so they wouldn't stop playing Steel Hunter if they want the extra tickets. :) 

Scrawnybeaver #7 Posted Aug 31 2019 - 00:36

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13612 battles

I am making progress.  I reached Level 20 (54 chevrons) in 48 games so I will not be done by Sunday because 4-5 games a day is enough for me before the mode gets stale.  I lost chevrons in about five games? when I tried to play aggressive or was just unlucky in the spawn.   Playing the scurrying mouse works best to accomplish the goal of progressing for bonds for me.  Finished 2nd once, 3rd a couple of time.  Never got passed Level 6 tank upgrade and rarely did more than 500 damage.  I had zero damage when I came in 2nd.  But it works.  

I am looking forward to being done so I can play aggressive without having to worry about losing chevrons.  Those will likely be short games for me.

Some people will argue that the mode is all about winning.  Probably the same people that argue that Frontline is all about winning.   I believe that it is all about accomplishing the goal.  20 chevrons to go...

BWhudson #8 Posted Aug 31 2019 - 02:06

Private

• Players
  • 45530 battles
  • [B-W] B-W
This would work but WG in the infinate wisdom has us spawning on top of each other now to stop teaming. I have been spotted in 8 sec. wth. on day one I could drive around for 3 mins and level up. now bam within 30 sec its on.

SynfulSun #9 Posted Aug 31 2019 - 05:55

Major

• Players
  • 13987 battles
  • [CMPRE] CMPRE

View PostBWhudson, on Aug 31 2019 - 01:06, said:

This would work but WG in the infinate wisdom has us spawning on top of each other now to stop teaming. I have been spotted in 8 sec. wth. on day one I could drive around for 3 mins and level up. now bam within 30 sec its on.

I thought I was just seeing things, but yeah, I can report similar things happening to me.

I spawn, get spotted as soon as I start seeking consummable/ammo drops, activate my afterburner (or whatever the thing that lets you accelerate is called) and then it runs out and I'm surrounded and focused fired upon again.

_Koschei_ #10 Posted Sep 01 2019 - 20:09

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33553 battles
  • [K0HAI] K0HAI

View PostSynfulSun, on Aug 30 2019 - 22:55, said:

I thought I was just seeing things, but yeah, I can report similar things happening to me.

I spawn, get spotted as soon as I start seeking consummable/ammo drops, activate my afterburner (or whatever the thing that lets you accelerate is called) and then it runs out and I'm surrounded and focused fired upon again.

exactly why I stopped playing.....lost all the rank I had made every battle spawned in surrounded and dead in minutes

Astralite #11 Posted Sep 01 2019 - 20:19

Captain

• Players
  • 25999 battles

View PostScrawnybeaver, on Aug 31 2019 - 00:36, said:

I am making progress.  I reached Level 20 (54 chevrons) in 48 games so I will not be done by Sunday because 4-5 games a day is enough for me before the mode gets stale.  I lost chevrons in about five games? when I tried to play aggressive or was just unlucky in the spawn.   Playing the scurrying mouse works best to accomplish the goal of progressing for bonds for me.  Finished 2nd once, 3rd a couple of time.  Never got passed Level 6 tank upgrade and rarely did more than 500 damage.  I had zero damage when I came in 2nd.  But it works.  

I am looking forward to being done so I can play aggressive without having to worry about losing chevrons.  Those will likely be short games for me.

Some people will argue that the mode is all about winning.  Probably the same people that argue that Frontline is all about winning.   I believe that it is all about accomplishing the goal.  20 chevrons to go...

I play super aggressive, I usually have 3-4 kills by the time it gets down to 10 players. I'm level 18 6 wins/36 battles. I tried the rattlesnake a few too many times just for fun and lost some chevrons with that turd. 

blapowski #12 Posted Sep 01 2019 - 20:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 40843 battles
I got to level 9 and then the spawn on top of each other thing got me too. Started losing chevrons every battle so I just quit. Congrats to those who made it. 

Skeeter_WX2060 #13 Posted Sep 01 2019 - 22:03

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9192 battles

View Postblapowski, on Sep 01 2019 - 13:47, said:

I got to level 9 and then the spawn on top of each other thing got me too. Started losing chevrons every battle so I just quit. Congrats to those who made it. 

just be a coward. thats what i did and it got me to  25 in pretty decent time. hide hide hide.

Sgt_ReckIess #14 Posted Sep 02 2019 - 05:01

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11707 battles
It also does not help when others players Platoon against you in Solo Matches! I have been swamped by a 3 Platoon tank brigade yesterday that were working together and ganged up on me as platoons often do. Again tonight I was swamped by a 2 player platoon of meatheads who are destroying the Game Mode Steel Hunter. If WG in its infinite wisdom allowed replays like pub battles you would be able to report these Cheaters but alas there is no replay to send in to support and now WG has ruined a fun mode so these 2-3 man platoons can get some cheap thrills and level up to rank 25 and win all the so called Festival Tickets they can. WG never should have allowed this Game Mode without recording replays enabled. With other player platooning up in Solo Matches has soured me on this Game Mode of Crap. Well Done WG!!!

F_U_L_L__M_E_T_A_L #15 Posted Sep 02 2019 - 05:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 14722 battles
  • [BABNS] BABNS

View PostSgt_ReckIess, on Sep 01 2019 - 22:01, said:

It also does not help when others players Platoon against you in Solo Matches! I have been swamped by a 3 Platoon tank brigade yesterday that were working together and ganged up on me as platoons often do. Again tonight I was swamped by a 2 player platoon of meatheads who are destroying the Game Mode Steel Hunter. If WG in its infinite wisdom allowed replays like pub battles you would be able to report these Cheaters but alas there is no replay to send in to support and now WG has ruined a fun mode so these 2-3 man platoons can get some cheap thrills and level up to rank 25 and win all the so called Festival Tickets they can. WG never should have allowed this Game Mode without recording replays enabled. With other player platooning up in Solo Matches has soured me on this Game Mode of Crap. Well Done WG!!!

If running Windows 10 just hit windows +G key. Hit record. After upload to windows drive, copy link and paste in submitted ticket.

Even after all that you still have no confirmation that they actually ban the offender/offenders....so F it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users