Jump to content


Ways to Improve WoT

improve

  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

LupanMortis #1 Posted Aug 31 2019 - 10:06

    Private

  • Players
  • 3596 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    07-15-2012

I recently came back on to WoT as I have been mostly consumed by World of Warships. I've noticed there are still problems with the game. One thing I never liked is how easily you can go in debt where you wouldn't be able to continue to play due to having to pay for repair and shells. There isn't enough of profit from each battle. Especially was terrible when the game first started. I think it would be the best choice to get rid of payment for shells. The premium shells should be taken off completely. That way if they want to keep in repair then they can and a player should still make a decent profit off of one battle. Where the player isn't bankrupted to the point where they can't play with that vehicle. The vehicle is earned through the grind. That should be enough. That way the grind doesn't feel as though you are being buried by it. I can't say how long it took me to get my first T7 when I was playing daily. I had to go to lower tiers just to get enough coin in order to buy shells for my higher tiers. 

 

Some of the other things like camo should be similar to that of World of Warships as it works. Same for the consumables. I was surprised that they still don't have other game modes that are worth playing. Like actual scenarios and people vs bots. I'm also surprised that the number of players in a session hasn't decreased. I think implementing bots to fill in gaps within a small tier space such as a trio tier, 1-3; 3-5; 5-7; 7-9; 2-4; 4-6; 6-8 and 8-10. Also solo tiers could work if not also double tiers. That way it decreases wait time, increases game time, increases percentage of success which increases enjoyment of the overall game. 

 

Co-op scenarios against bots to accomplish objectives would increase the fun factor as it does with World of Warships. This isn't exactly like completing missions. It's where players as a group have to go through scenarios together and complete it. Situations arise as all try to accomplish the primary goal. Obstacles and secondary objectives come into play. Sort of the equivalent of going through a dungeon as a group in a MMORPG. They have even brought in Space Battles, Halloween themes and such that makes it more vibrant and enjoyable. 

 

Not to mention that it would add a lot of new maps, skins, dog tags, premiums and additional modes. 

 

Best to conserve what works in order for the game to be fun and implement what increases the enjoyments while taking out anything that is seriously lacking. That way the matchmaker would even be better. I think it needs to be easier to talk/command overall in game to fellow players. Hot keys could be improved and mapped easier as they aren't as clear and precise as it could be. 

 

It isn't clear about mods and how other things operate within game. Even the tutorial is limited on just the basics. It doesn't go through the benefits of the crew and such. These are things that need to be fleshed out and explained further. Gold shouldn't be a major player in the game. It should be an option out of the enjoyment of the game. 

 

For example, the more I enjoy the game. The more I am willing to invest into it. Including to buy gold. The more the game isn't that enjoyable, the more I am not willing to make that investment. Case and point to my World of Warships account. I have invested more into that, then I ever did in World of Tanks. I found it to be more sensible and enjoyable. I'm not suggesting this in spite towards WoT. I'm saying this because I would like to do the same with WoT and also World of Warplanes if they both would utilize what works for us as the players for the game that can be the best for all to play. 

 

There is potential that is seen since it first came out. It is a shame that it hasn't harnessed it to its full potential for the greatest amount of enjoyment. If they would, then, everyone wins.

 

This is just my initial reaction to returning to WoT. I don't know if I'm the only one on these things and I don't know if I missed something as I haven't thoroughly checked everything. If you agree, disagree, have other suggestions. Please comment in what ways you would like to see WoT improve.



sunes #2 Posted Aug 31 2019 - 10:23

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 9120 battles
  • 41
  • [TEACH] TEACH
  • Member since:
    11-25-2011
The thing about credits, you can very easily make a load of them. Play tier 5 tanks as FreeToPlay player and play Frontline(30v30 battle) which awards loads of credits. Look out for codes & do missions to get premium time, tanks or gold(e.g. Tank Rewards can reward either T3 tank or 3 days of premium time) Do personal missions, they give 150k credits if done well later on and you can get premium time out of them. Wait for some events where you can pick up T8 premium tank for free, they make the best credits. Premium ammo should be used only to reliably pen heavily armored vehicles, don't load it all the time if you can't afford it. Use basic repair kit and med kit, they are just fine unless you play a big tank and you need the better consumables. Play with friends in platoon. If they have premium you get bonus for credits and exp. Bots are a no-go in tanks. They just aren't as smart as humans and are boring. I'd rather wait extra 30seconds than to play with/against bots. What line are you going up to?

ArmorStorm #3 Posted Aug 31 2019 - 13:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 37711 battles
  • 8,657
  • [F__R] F__R
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostLupanMortis, on Aug 31 2019 - 03:06, said:

I recently came back on to WoT as I have been mostly consumed by World of Warships. I've noticed there are still problems with the game. One thing I never liked is how easily you can go in debt where you wouldn't be able to continue to play due to having to pay for repair and shells. There isn't enough of profit from each battle. Especially was terrible when the game first started. I think it would be the best choice to get rid of payment for shells. The premium shells should be taken off completely. That way if they want to keep in repair then they can and a player should still make a decent profit off of one battle. Where the player isn't bankrupted to the point where they can't play with that vehicle. The vehicle is earned through the grind. That should be enough. That way the grind doesn't feel as though you are being buried by it. I can't say how long it took me to get my first T7 when I was playing daily. I had to go to lower tiers just to get enough coin in order to buy shells for my higher tiers. 

 

Some of the other things like camo should be similar to that of World of Warships as it works. Same for the consumables. I was surprised that they still don't have other game modes that are worth playing. Like actual scenarios and people vs bots. I'm also surprised that the number of players in a session hasn't decreased. I think implementing bots to fill in gaps within a small tier space such as a trio tier, 1-3; 3-5; 5-7; 7-9; 2-4; 4-6; 6-8 and 8-10. Also solo tiers could work if not also double tiers. That way it decreases wait time, increases game time, increases percentage of success which increases enjoyment of the overall game. 

 

Co-op scenarios against bots to accomplish objectives would increase the fun factor as it does with World of Warships. This isn't exactly like completing missions. It's where players as a group have to go through scenarios together and complete it. Situations arise as all try to accomplish the primary goal. Obstacles and secondary objectives come into play. Sort of the equivalent of going through a dungeon as a group in a MMORPG. They have even brought in Space Battles, Halloween themes and such that makes it more vibrant and enjoyable. 

 

Not to mention that it would add a lot of new maps, skins, dog tags, premiums and additional modes. 

 

Best to conserve what works in order for the game to be fun and implement what increases the enjoyments while taking out anything that is seriously lacking. That way the matchmaker would even be better. I think it needs to be easier to talk/command overall in game to fellow players. Hot keys could be improved and mapped easier as they aren't as clear and precise as it could be. 

 

It isn't clear about mods and how other things operate within game. Even the tutorial is limited on just the basics. It doesn't go through the benefits of the crew and such. These are things that need to be fleshed out and explained further. Gold shouldn't be a major player in the game. It should be an option out of the enjoyment of the game. 

 

For example, the more I enjoy the game. The more I am willing to invest into it. Including to buy gold. The more the game isn't that enjoyable, the more I am not willing to make that investment. Case and point to my World of Warships account. I have invested more into that, then I ever did in World of Tanks. I found it to be more sensible and enjoyable. I'm not suggesting this in spite towards WoT. I'm saying this because I would like to do the same with WoT and also World of Warplanes if they both would utilize what works for us as the players for the game that can be the best for all to play. 

 

There is potential that is seen since it first came out. It is a shame that it hasn't harnessed it to its full potential for the greatest amount of enjoyment. If they would, then, everyone wins.

 

This is just my initial reaction to returning to WoT. I don't know if I'm the only one on these things and I don't know if I missed something as I haven't thoroughly checked everything. If you agree, disagree, have other suggestions. Please comment in what ways you would like to see WoT improve.


“Improve” is relative.  I don’t care World of Warships and would regard most of your suggestions as downgrades to this game.  



cavalry11 #4 Posted Aug 31 2019 - 15:14

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 50148 battles
  • 737
  • Member since:
    06-24-2013
Nothing worthwhile in this post.

jst2gr8 #5 Posted Aug 31 2019 - 17:47

    Captain

  • Players
  • 66074 battles
  • 1,244
  • [CRZY] CRZY
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011
The perfect way to improve WOT is to have the players actually learn how to play instead of blaming others for their failures, whining about every aspect of the game and to stop thinking they know what is good for a game that they(the player) is not good at.

LupanMortis #6 Posted Sep 01 2019 - 07:15

    Private

  • Players
  • 3596 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    07-15-2012

View Postcavalry11, on Aug 31 2019 - 14:14, said:

Nothing worthwhile in this post.

 

Then what would be worthwhile for you? What would you suggest for WoT?



LupanMortis #7 Posted Sep 01 2019 - 07:18

    Private

  • Players
  • 3596 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    07-15-2012

View PostUvBeenTrumped, on Aug 31 2019 - 16:47, said:

The perfect way to improve WOT is to have the players actually learn how to play instead of blaming others for their failures, whining about every aspect of the game and to stop thinking they know what is good for a game that they(the player) is not good at.

 

There's no blame, just based on observation in hope of what can be suggested for the enrichment of the game. There isn't any whining, as it is an observation that I believe that would improve the game. If you don't agree, then what would improve it? 



LupanMortis #8 Posted Sep 01 2019 - 07:20

    Private

  • Players
  • 3596 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    07-15-2012

View PostArmorStorm, on Aug 31 2019 - 12:45, said:


“Improve” is relative.  I don’t care World of Warships and would regard most of your suggestions as downgrades to this game.  

 

I don't agree as "Improve" isn't a relative term. Why do you see them as downgrades? What would you suggest in as improvements to the game?



LupanMortis #9 Posted Sep 01 2019 - 07:25

    Private

  • Players
  • 3596 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    07-15-2012

View Postsunes, on Aug 31 2019 - 09:23, said:

The thing about credits, you can very easily make a load of them. Play tier 5 tanks as FreeToPlay player and play Frontline(30v30 battle) which awards loads of credits. Look out for codes & do missions to get premium time, tanks or gold(e.g. Tank Rewards can reward either T3 tank or 3 days of premium time) Do personal missions, they give 150k credits if done well later on and you can get premium time out of them. Wait for some events where you can pick up T8 premium tank for free, they make the best credits. Premium ammo should be used only to reliably pen heavily armored vehicles, don't load it all the time if you can't afford it. Use basic repair kit and med kit, they are just fine unless you play a big tank and you need the better consumables. Play with friends in platoon. If they have premium you get bonus for credits and exp. Bots are a no-go in tanks. They just aren't as smart as humans and are boring. I'd rather wait extra 30seconds than to play with/against bots. What line are you going up to?

 

Wow, that's quite a bit of info. Thank you. I must of missed more than I thought since I was away from it. I'll give it some time.







Also tagged with improve

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users