Thanks for the death of many clans and maybe the game

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

MachoMan_GroovySavage #1 Posted Aug 31 2019 - 17:38

Sergeant

• Players
  • 87461 battles
  • [BRT] BRT

Let's face the reality of the failure of this map. I know WG will point the finger towards the players for the idea of this campaign. It is partially our fault. I don't remember when Mob/Thugz signed onto the Otter proposal that it included taking away the missions for gold and not being able to raid properties. You might ask why I say that and the answer is simple: There is no activity!!! We all know this. The big boys are playing their sock puppet accounts and don't act like you aren't Channel 4 News anchor team and the teachers going under a Japanese anime name. Anyone besides the blind eye to what is wrong with clan wars (WG) knows what is wrong. 

Right now there is no true farm system left in the game. Maybe the Relic clans have it going for them still for my point. It used to be where new players were introduced into the game through clans like Reddit, Relic, and let's laugh but the ARMED forces with their toasters! Now as I play through the game again with my kids account just to see what is going on is that there is a very small cream at the top which that is fine no one is jealous of that fact and a huge gap between the elite and the tomatoes these days. No one seems to fill that role of the teaching clan anymore. Maybe you could argue that Focus is still the best of what is left of the "blue" community. The game is not fun without fighting and so I will cut this short. Clans are dying fast because of the boredom of this campfest. Just think about this as you continue to kill of the competition by not fighting battles and that doesn't mean the top 2 should just run through everyone. (I seen what Mahou did to 200iq) And both of those are top 5. 

Is this ship worth saving?

SystemRename177180002 #2 Posted Aug 31 2019 - 17:47

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8 battles
You do know that the top TEACH clan officers are youjo alts right?

Edited by SystemRename177180002, Aug 31 2019 - 18:15.

Mojo_Riesing #3 Posted Aug 31 2019 - 18:55

Captain

• Players
  • 19943 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

The Clan system has long been in need of some kind of makeover...it clearly isn't working well.  This goes along with WG building a game that rises to this "exhalted" level of TierX competition, but when you get theres it's..."Now What?".  

When the "ultimate" level of the game has a limited pool of players, poor socialization prospects, a concentrated elite that garners all attention/rewards and little to do but...beat up on lower Tier tanks in Randoms...no wonder it and the Game are in trouble.

dominator_98 #4 Posted Aug 31 2019 - 19:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 23153 battles
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY

What boggles my mind is that the #2 and 3 clans in the event have fought a combined total of 22 battles. Apparently you barely have to play clan wars to win big in 2019. The best clans can just sit there and earn 10k gold a night doing literally nothing because there's no reason to attack them or for them to move off their farm. Competitive gaming at its finest.

But hey at least we didn't get the 10v10 crap EU has.

SquishySupreme #5 Posted Aug 31 2019 - 21:06

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3639 battles
The problem is that in a game like this, with its poor structure and massive levels of RNG applied, it really doesn't lend itself to being any rational simulation and is more of an arcade game.  Games like that are not really good for multi-player competitions, but EVERY GAME now has to have a ranking/clan/twitch competition mode/etc. added to it even when it's really not fitting with the game itself.

WG should just drop clans entirely and focus on the nuts and bolts of the game with more maps and more modes.  Frontline as a normal thing, but at Tiers 4/6/8?    Steel Hunter mode as a second mode you do after the tutorial?  Adding in the old missing maps?  A no-gold ammo "hard mode"?  Weather?  Nighttime?  Both? (200m max view range with pouring rain and wind...)

We can come up with endless ideas and combinations, some good, some not, of how to add content and options to the game.  But the clans and competitive ranking part of the game should just be left alone to die off. 

_Koschei_ #6 Posted Aug 31 2019 - 21:43

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33525 battles

View Postdominator_98, on Aug 31 2019 - 12:00, said:

What boggles my mind is that the #2 and 3 clans in the event have fought a combined total of 22 battles. Apparently you barely have to play clan wars to win big in 2019. The best clans can just sit there and earn 10k gold a night doing literally nothing because there's no reason to attack them or for them to move off their farm. Competitive gaming at its finest.

But hey at least we didn't get the 10v10 crap EU has.

seems more about politics than fighting ......wouldn't wanna scratch those stats :)

mlinke #7 Posted Aug 31 2019 - 22:03

Captain

• Players
  • 52945 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S
Rich get richer so people look up to them. Only problem is that people are not so stupid. Even kids have brains. Game needs to change to help beginners and not rich stat padding clans. 

SystemRename177180002 #8 Posted Aug 31 2019 - 22:05

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8 battles

View PostSquishySupreme, on Aug 31 2019 - 15:06, said:

The problem is that in a game like this, with its poor structure,BAD players like myself and massive levels of RNG applied, it really doesn't lend itself to being any rational simulation and is more of an arcade game.  Games like that are not really good for multi-player competitions, but EVERY GAME now has to have a ranking/clan/twitch competition mode/etc. added to it even when it's really not fitting with the game itself.

WG should just drop clans entirely and focus on the nuts and bolts of the game with more maps and more modes.  Frontline as a normal thing, but at Tiers 4/6/8?    Steel Hunter mode as a second mode you do after the tutorial?  Adding in the old missing maps?  A no-gold ammo "hard mode"?  Weather?  Nighttime?  Both? (200m max view range with pouring rain and wind...)

We can come up with endless ideas and combinations, some good, some not, of how to add content and options to the game.  But the clans and competitive ranking part of the game should just be left alone to die off. 

Fixed that for you.

SystemRename177180002 #9 Posted Aug 31 2019 - 22:11

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8 battles

View PostMojo_Riesing, on Aug 31 2019 - 12:55, said:

The Clan system has long been in need of some kind of makeover...it clearly isn't working well.  This goes along with WG building a game that rises to this "exhalted" level of TierX competition, but when you get theres it's..."Now What?".  

When the "ultimate" level of the game has a unlimited pool of bad players that dont use common sense, poor socialization prospects, a concentrated elite that garners all attention/rewards and little to do but...beat up on lower Tier tanks in Randoms...no wonder it and the Game are in trouble.

Same with you.

MachoMan_GroovySavage #10 Posted Aug 31 2019 - 23:52

Sergeant

• Players
  • 87461 battles
  • [BRT] BRT
All in all this is like 35% on the players for the ideas, and 65% on WG for crappy implementation. Change my mind

Mojo_Riesing #11 Posted Aug 31 2019 - 23:55

Captain

• Players
  • 19943 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

View PostSystemRename177180002, on Aug 31 2019 - 08:47, said:

View PostSystemRename177180002, on Aug 31 2019 - 13:05, said:

Fixed that for you.

View PostSystemRename177180002, on Aug 31 2019 - 13:11, said:

Same with you.

Just curious, but do actually have anything to say? Or is this just a Forum account you use to be disruptive?  

StainlessRat #12 Posted Sep 01 2019 - 14:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 35489 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostGroovyHoovy, on Aug 31 2019 - 11:38, said:

The game is not fun without fighting and so I will cut this short. Clans are dying fast because of the boredom of this campfest. 

The rewards this season are not good, that doesn't mean you can't have fun.

Do something to make it fun.

We're donating real world money to the  Gary Sinise Foundation (https://www.garysinisefoundation.org/). $20 for each 1k gold. It gives team members motivation to show up each night and slug it out or to be available. 

Nope, we're not going to earn what some are, but we're having fun doing it.

Elevendy #13 Posted Sep 02 2019 - 00:10

Major

• -Players-
  • 22604 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostSystemRename177180002, on Aug 31 2019 - 08:47, said:

hell yeah dude making mad gold as we speak

GroundDelta #14 Posted Sep 02 2019 - 16:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 14028 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostElevendy, on Sep 01 2019 - 23:10, said:

hell yeah dude making mad gold as we speak

am i the only one who specifically loves this season for the fact we can make easy gold with no effort and not have to login anymore :)

_Koschei_ #15 Posted Sep 03 2019 - 22:12

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33525 battles
clan wars not about earning your gold with battles its about politics now......just like the real world

Dr_Jerkov #16 Posted Sep 06 2019 - 15:09

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1276 battles
  • [-RH-] -RH-

View PostSquishySupreme, on Aug 31 2019 - 21:06, said:

".......But the clans and competitive ranking part of the game should just be left alone to die off."

Spoken like a true baddie. Jealous of skilled clans/players and want them gone so it isn't a reminder you suck.

SquishySupreme #17 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 00:58

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3639 battles
No, the more WG spends wasting resources on a tiny minority of the player base instead of fixing major problems or adding actual meaningful content, the quicker it is doomed to die off.

Hardly anyone plays clan wars any more, and the real action is over in Europe for rankings and clans - NA is dead and needs to have more maps turned (back)  on, bugs fixed, and more, because the player-base here is drying up.

ObsidianGuardian #18 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 10:24

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20675 battles
  • [B-A-N] B-A-N
Funny how other clans not just myself is rising up and speaking out against how bad clan wars is now.

GrandMasterViper #19 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 02:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 28830 battles
  • [-POPO] -POPO

View PostGroovyHoovy, on Aug 31 2019 - 11:38, said:

No one seems to fill that role of the teaching clan anymore. Maybe you could argue that Focus is still the best of what is left of the "blue" community. The game is not fun without fighting and so I will cut this short. Clans are dying fast because of the boredom of this campfest. Just think about this as you continue to kill of the competition by not fighting battles and that doesn't mean the top 2 should just run through everyone. (I seen what Mahou did to 200iq) And both of those are top 5. 

Is this ship worth saving?

This is why I created POPO, to be a Teaching clan for the tomatoes. And while not all the top clans have signed onto the idea of making the game more competitive, several have. The problem is that tomatoes are unwilling to seek out the training. A lot of people think they can get there watching the youtubers but that's not enough. POPO wants to help you clan members get better. Think of us as a trade school, you send your guys that need help, we get them there, then they come back to you ready for the fight. I have had so very few people looking for that help though. At the end of the day, if you cant run with the top clans, its not their fault or responsibility. Its your fault for not wanting to be good enough o challenge them, and its your responsibility to seek out the training you need to do so. 

View Post_Koschei_, on Aug 31 2019 - 15:43, said:

seems more about politics than fighting ......wouldn't wanna scratch those stats :)

Well to be honest, what is the point in the tops clans doing anything else? Do you honestly want MAHOU to come take all your provinces as well, or is it better they sit back and let the mid tier clans have some competition between themselves? Is it MAHOU's fault you aren't skilled enough as a clan to challenge them for the big pot? So tired of people crying about how its everyone at the top's fault because they themselves aren't good enough to be at the top.

Have some self respect guys and take responsibility; recognize your own weaknesses, and get a plan together of how to overcome them and be a better player, instead of throwing blame at the guys who already did for your shortcomings.

thegreat101 #20 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 15:09

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30302 battles
  • [MAD-] MAD-
Alliance system is comming back  chill out

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users