Auto-loaders Auto loaders reality history balance bias

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Wolf_Jaeger_ #1 Posted Sep 01 2019 - 07:03

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3338 battles
  • [VPR1] VPR1

Why is it that the three countries that developed and used auto-loaders first are not the ones with autoloaders? France after 1940 did not even have any of the own tanks! France only started to make tanks again after the war using German tank makers and designs. The Soviets too were behind on this engineering too. The British, Americans and the Germans were using auto-loaders before and during the war. American T22E1 medium tank being one of the first tank designs to use an autoloader.*In the Soviet case the first autoloader was in 1948 and the French was even later than that. The first combat use of the autoloader was by the Germans the 75mm Bordkanone.

So what's the deal?

*Hunnicutt, R. P. Pershing, A History of the Medium Tank T20 Series, 1996, Feist Publications, ISBN ookSources/1-112-95450-3" style="text-decoration-line: none; color: rgb(11, 0, 128); background: none; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 15.75px;" title="Special:BookSources/1-112-95450-3">1-112-95450-3., p. 50.

Buttknuckle #2 Posted Sep 01 2019 - 07:44

Major

• Players
  • 52263 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
If you came to this game anticipating any sort of historical accuracy you are going to be sorely disappointed.

PatoThe #3 Posted Sep 01 2019 - 08:48

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8860 battles
[edited]nerf that French tier V arty [edited]

Markd73 #4 Posted Sep 01 2019 - 15:15

Major

• Players
  • 32795 battles
This is an arcade game with tanks having HP and crews that can be resurrected from the dead. Historically accurate left the building prior to the beta test.

Playz4Free #5 Posted Sep 01 2019 - 15:17

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1683 battles
The US does have auto-loaders. There is also a lot of game balance and playstlye considerations that come up when you look at adding auto-loaders to tanks. Soviet tanks in general have strong armor and turrets relative to the other nations, Germans have accurate guns, Brits have decent accurate smaller caliber guns with higher RoF guns. Autoloaders usually trade things like armor, DPM, and gun handling to balance them out. Not all of these would be conducive for the nation play style. Also you can look at the need to create an entire branch to hold a play style would require a decent number of tanks to do. Three of the four nation's mentioned are also the oldest nations in the game and the trees were set prior to a push for auto-loaders ( This is probably a huge reason why)

Fatherbear7 #6 Posted Sep 06 2019 - 05:45

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 351 battles

View PostButtknuckle, on Sep 01 2019 - 07:44, said:

If you came to this game anticipating any sort of historical accuracy you are going to be sorely disappointed.

truer words were never spoken. in spite of all its misleading advertising this game has no bearing in reality.  its nothing but a paytowin model

Wolf_Jaeger_ #7 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 02:25

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3338 battles
  • [VPR1] VPR1

View PostPlayz4Free, on Sep 01 2019 - 15:17, said:

The US does have auto-loaders. There is also a lot of game balance and playstlye considerations that come up when you look at adding auto-loaders to tanks. Soviet tanks in general have strong armor and turrets relative to the other nations, Germans have accurate guns, Brits have decent accurate smaller caliber guns with higher RoF guns. Autoloaders usually trade things like armor, DPM, and gun handling to balance them out. Not all of these would be conducive for the nation play style. Also you can look at the need to create an entire branch to hold a play style would require a decent number of tanks to do. Three of the four nation's mentioned are also the oldest nations in the game and the trees were set prior to a push for auto-loaders ( This is probably a huge reason why)

"Germans have accurate guns" ? Unless you shooting at a Soviet tank maybe. "Autoloader usually trade things like....." IS3-A?   

You also mentioned maps... about trees seems silly to me to worry about trees when maps that are about 90% nothing but corridors.

This thing "WOT" is out of balance, broke and extremely bias. I think as the older players start to move on this thing will go away. Sad it has so much potential. Some of the player on these forums IMO could make this a profitable, more enjoyable, much more equal game. 

As it says up there I started in 2015 but what it doesn't say is after a couple of months I quit for four years and have only rejoined in July of this year 2019, I may need another break soon. I find it un-enjoyable to play a game that is set up to unrealistically give one type or style player an advantage. The only way to enjoy this game is to play Soviet and I just don't like their tanks, never have and never will.   

Also tagged with Auto-loaders, Auto loaders, reality, history, balance, bias

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users