Rent

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Guano458 #1 Posted Sep 03 2019 - 18:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4471 battles
  • [GOLB] GOLB

I read a lot about rental camouflage, but don't know how to rent it.  Is it only rented with bonds, or can you use silver, which I have a lot of.  I keep reading that you can rent camouflage for 75 k for 100 missions, but when I try to mount opaque camo it tells me I don't have enough funds. I can't get a definitive answer to this. I need to know the procedure, the steps you have to follow to rent camo for a T67 or a HellCat.  I see them in the game so I know folks are getting them.

A future question will be how do you get permanent camouflage.

Thanks

the_dude_76 #2 Posted Sep 03 2019 - 18:12

Major

• Players
  • 34339 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

From the exterior screen select "preset styles" then scroll over until you see the one priced at 75,000 credits. Once you select it the purchase option will appear on the right just above the camo options.

Block Quote

A future question will be how do you get permanent camouflage.

The same way, you just select one that is available for purchase with gold.

dunniteowl #3 Posted Sep 03 2019 - 19:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

For the sake of the at least ONE other person out there that might stand to benefit from this, here is a portion of "The Garage" from, "The Complete Tanker's Guide" that I have been slowly working on and revamping as the game has changed.  To properly warn or prepare the reader, this text presupposes NO EXPERIENCE with the game as a whole and, while 'conversational' explains things in 'instruction book' style as much as possible.

Adding Things to Your Tank:  The Exterior

You've seen them in the first few matches you played.  Tanks with camouflage patterns.  Is it just a cool visual effect?  How do I get one?

You click, in Your Garage, with Your Desired Tank Selected in the Carousel (the line of tanks at the base of your screen), the word "EXTERIOR" to the right of the word "SERVICE" just below your tank displayed in your Garage View. (see below image)

Posted Image

When you click on "EXTERIOR" your screen will initially appear like this.  (See image below)  Your screen will show your tank in the center of an empty garage and the lines of options for the exterior of your tank will be displayed across the section below your tank.

Posted Image

In this case, you would select "CAMOUFLAGE" (the 2nd choice from the left of bottom row options) and you would then see the image below:

Posted Image

As you can see from the ABOVE image, the options for Camouflage Styles appear at the bottom of the screen.  The display defaults to showing you the Gold Purchase Camo Skins (which is evidenced by the small Gold Coin icon in the bottom right corner of each camo-skin thumbnail image in the list). 

To RENT a camouflage skin, one must click the "PRESET" button, whereupon you will see:

Posted Image

This screen, without the extra box of information.  I hovered over the Rental Camo for 75K credits for 100 matches in the list to purposely bring this box up.  Inside that box, it explains how this camo operates and what it does for you.

I hope you (OP) and any others that might not yet know this find this useful and helpful.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

Edited by dunniteowl, Sep 03 2019 - 19:05.

Gtraxeman #4 Posted Sep 03 2019 - 22:33

Captain

• Players
  • 36069 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

Thanks dunniteowl, for simplifying this for the OP. This game is confusing at first for new players. Was bad enough seven years ago when I started, and occasionally I still run across something I cant find.
Although, most things can be found with a google search, I would rather be playing than reading mountains of text.

And to the original poster, google world of tanks wiki for more info on the game.

Taylor3006 #5 Posted Sep 03 2019 - 23:36

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3955 battles

View PostGtraxeman, on Sep 03 2019 - 15:33, said:

Thanks dunniteowl, for simplifying this for the OP. This game is confusing at first for new players. Was bad enough seven years ago when I started, and occasionally I still run across something I cant find.
Although, most things can be found with a google search, I would rather be playing than reading mountains of text.

And to the original poster, google world of tanks wiki for more info on the game.

It is confusing and took me a while to figure out how to mount it. Just too much trouble IMHO, I just use the presets which are easier to manage and can be mounted/unmounted with just one click. 

Also tagged with Rent

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users