balance nerf buff

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

AirsoftPro13 #1 Posted Sep 03 2019 - 22:38

Private

• -Players-
  • 16698 battles
  • [_BK_] _BK_

Many WOT players have their own harmless complaints about the game. "Artillery isn't fair" ~ Answer: Artillery's main purpose is to bring balance... "We need more maps" ~ Answer: More diversity is always a plus, but many games survive with only a few maps (ex: Apex Legends has only one map and it's a very popular game). These are only two of many minor complaints players of WOT have. I say they are harmless because they aren't the types of complaints that will cause massive migration from a game. The leading complaint that a game's community can have that will result in the inevitable death of said game is that it has specific areas of unbalanced play. This leads me to my main point.

Wargaming/WOT has developed a bad reputation of generating unbalanced gameplay through the addition of unbalanced vehicles. Whether it's the Defender, EBR, or the newest pending debacle IMHO the Object 279 (e), the game has suffered from a plague of unbalanced and more importantly, long-ignored unbalanced issues. Now it is true that the player base as a whole must take the time to adapt to a drastic change in the gameplay (such as a whole new mechanic: wheeled vehicles); however, the dev team should take this time to analyze the potential areas of unbalance so they have a response prepared in a timely manner. The lack of timely response tends to lead me to think they aren't doing this now.

I love this game. I have made a plethora of friends and acquaintances thanks to this game; however, the frequent occurrences of unbalance coupled with the devastating power creep affecting many tanks is causing many veteran players to "take a break". Now, without a great novice environment and a decline in veteran play, the outlook of the game can seem quite bleak. I hope for the best as this is a great game that I thoroughly enjoy; moreover, I plan on continuing to play even through these types of disturbances because I'm a stubborn player.

If the dev team could become more committed to across-the-board stat-tweaks in more regular intervals as other games do, it would help alleviate the startling frustration of unbalanced play and lead to a more enjoyable and reliable player experience. Perhaps these are the ramblings of a fool, but I think they are crucial to the longevity of World Of Tanks.

Thank You,

AirsoftPro13

_Koschei_ #2 Posted Sep 03 2019 - 22:41

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33553 battles
  • [K0HAI] K0HAI
the problem is predictability when this happens people get bored.  why a lot of top players have so few battles they are bored

Platedmeat #3 Posted Sep 03 2019 - 23:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 48093 battles
I am one of those veteran players that is as of this weekend taking an extended "break" from this game due to mainly balancing issues with the game. I too am a stubborn person have have stuck with the game through everything since I started playing 6 years ago. This weekend I just could not do it anymore for a plethora of reasons. I still love the concept of WoT and I want it to stick around for a long time like WoW but unless WG starts to see the light and realize some major changes need to be made to help this game keep thriving I d not hold much hope things will change for the better.

ArmorStorm #4 Posted Sep 03 2019 - 23:28

Major

• Players
  • 37699 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View PostAirsoftPro13, on Sep 03 2019 - 15:38, said:

Many WOT players have their own harmless complaints about the game. "Artillery isn't fair" ~ Answer: Artillery's main purpose is to bring balance... "We need more maps" ~ Answer: More diversity is always a plus, but many games survive with only a few maps (ex: Apex Legends has only one map and it's a very popular game). These are only two of many minor complaints players of WOT have. I say they are harmless because they aren't the types of complaints that will cause massive migration from a game. The leading complaint that a game's community can have that will result in the inevitable death of said game is that it has specific areas of unbalanced play. This leads me to my main point.

Wargaming/WOT has developed a bad reputation of generating unbalanced gameplay through the addition of unbalanced vehicles. Whether it's the Defender, EBR, or the newest pending debacle IMHO the Object 279 (e), the game has suffered from a plague of unbalanced and more importantly, long-ignored unbalanced issues. Now it is true that the player base as a whole must take the time to adapt to a drastic change in the gameplay (such as a whole new mechanic: wheeled vehicles); however, the dev team should take this time to analyze the potential areas of unbalance so they have a response prepared in a timely manner. The lack of timely response tends to lead me to think they aren't doing this now.

I love this game. I have made a plethora of friends and acquaintances thanks to this game; however, the frequent occurrences of unbalance coupled with the devastating power creep affecting many tanks is causing many veteran players to "take a break". Now, without a great novice environment and a decline in veteran play, the outlook of the game can seem quite bleak. I hope for the best as this is a great game that I thoroughly enjoy; moreover, I plan on continuing to play even through these types of disturbances because I'm a stubborn player.

If the dev team could become more committed to across-the-board stat-tweaks in more regular intervals as other games do, it would help alleviate the startling frustration of unbalanced play and lead to a more enjoyable and reliable player experience. Perhaps these are the ramblings of a fool, but I think they are crucial to the longevity of World Of Tanks.

Thank You,

AirsoftPro13

bad_73 #5 Posted Sep 03 2019 - 23:45

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1513 battles
Things like generating more gold spam and underhanded tricks like making gold ammo available for credits ,when you still have to buy credits instead of gold,and op tanks you can buy that further their gold spam.Plus unbalanced game play =  us unsatisfied.

RHeadshot #6 Posted Sep 03 2019 - 23:59

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5723 battles
They've always cared more about the immediate bottom line than about building a better game that would keep people interested.  They've never even considered "what's in the best interest of a better game" over "how much did we make last month."

ArmorStorm #7 Posted Sep 04 2019 - 01:04

Major

• Players
  • 37699 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View Postbad_73, on Sep 03 2019 - 16:45, said:

Things like generating more gold spam and underhanded tricks like making gold ammo available for credits ,when you still have to buy credits instead of gold,and op tanks you can buy that further their gold spam.Plus unbalanced game play =  us unsatisfied.

You actually BUY credits regularly?!  I mean I’ve bought a big bundle that included credits before, but no one needs to buy credits to play. 

Blocksupstudios #8 Posted Sep 04 2019 - 02:56

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13301 battles
i like this game too, but playing low tiers is just a complete mess from the really big imbalance of tanks and players

telenges #9 Posted Sep 04 2019 - 03:21

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13971 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View PostBlocksupstudios, on Sep 03 2019 - 23:56, said:

i like this game too, but playing low tiers is just a complete mess from the really big imbalance of tanks and players

Low tiers are at a really sorry state in the game right now. The tanks are completely unbalanced and the players are made up of two types. A) complete novice players who don't really know what they're doing. I'm not blaming them for this, its how it is meant to be and how I learned to play. and B) players who got up to tier 8/9/10 and realized the game wasn't actually that easy, so now they just play low tier OP tanks like the T67, Hetz etc etc. You know what I mean. They are the reason a lot of new players are turned away from the game, new players don't wanna play against semi-decent seal clubbing players.

Acme1970 #10 Posted Sep 05 2019 - 03:26

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7083 battles
Companies are reluctant to make changes to their games because any changes no matter how small will be seen by those players affected by it as an outrage and a betrayal by the company, simply put their afraid of their player base jumping ship and going to a different game.

4P1 #11 Posted Sep 05 2019 - 12:29

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 27738 battles
  • [FNYBS] FNYBS
I play simply for entertainment. I'd like to see: a 2 tier matchmaker option; up to 5 player platoon option; and limited availability of premium ammo. I understand the player mismatch, I just take that in stride. I'm here to stay as long as I get entertainment value.

Also tagged with balance, nerf, buff

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users