Troll World of Tanks LOL

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Siege_Engine #1 Posted Sep 05 2019 - 13:37

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11748 battles

I'm not saying that clown cars are OP.  I'm not sure that clown cars will have a better win rate.  But they Have broken the game.   That is undeniable. 

Did you originally join WOT because you were tired of twitch games?  Were you looking for strategic gameplay?    Well forget all of that. 

There's a new meta brewing at WOT!   Here's one example of how to disrespect and troll the past gameplay of World of Tanks -- especially for the players who joined in the past and enjoyed gameplay of the past.  You won't get into any trouble.  And you'll have a few laughs while you're doing it!  

uberdice #2 Posted Sep 05 2019 - 13:39

Major

• Players
  • 27374 battles

I hope that anyone who seriously believes that aiming at wheeled lights requires twitch reflexes doesn't drive or do anything that actually requires any reaction speed in real life.

If you just look at post game stats, the people who can't hit wheeled lights are mostly the ones who are only doing one or two shots of damage per game anyway, so it makes no material difference whether the target is moving at 30km/h or 80km/h as far as their effectiveness is concerned.

I_QQ_4_U #3 Posted Sep 05 2019 - 13:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 23637 battles
Yeah it's not twitch play by a long shot. Not like running into an invisible assassin and having to not only move instantly to avoid an alpha strike if you're lucky enough to see him before he hits but preform 3 or more attacks in a few seconds while at the same time immediately hit a debuff, buff, endurance pot, artifact effect and maybe CC all in the first second or two all while constantly moving to either gain or avoid directional attacks. Make a mistake and your dead in seconds. Then if you survive the initial attack you are constantly having to counter anything he does while attacking in a game that measure damage in DPS, not DPM.

Siege_Engine #4 Posted Sep 05 2019 - 13:53

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11748 battles

View Postuberdice, on Sep 05 2019 - 13:39, said:

I hope that anyone who seriously believes that aiming at wheeled lights requires twitch reflexes doesn't drive or do anything that actually requires any reaction speed in real life.

Explain that to all of those people who missed shooting at Claus's clown cars in the video! 

Seriously, in at least one battle, he runs all the way to the back, kills two arties, damages other tanks, and runs all the way Back behind his own lines.  Shots missing him, everywhere. 

And .... that was in a teir 9/10 battle, if I remember correctly?  Hardly gamers who are trying to learn how to shoot. 

Edited by Siege_Engine, Sep 05 2019 - 13:56.

Radio_Demon #5 Posted Sep 05 2019 - 13:56

Captain

• Players
  • 38399 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostSiege_Engine, on Sep 05 2019 - 13:53, said:

Explain that to all of those people who missed shooting at Claus's clown cars in the video! 

Seriously, in at least one battle, he runs all the way to the back, kills two arties, damages other tanks, and runs all the way Back behind his own lines.  Shots missing him, everywhere. 

I refuse to actually watch the video but the only time I have missed a ebr was me being bad or I would have missed the same if it was a ebr

Siege_Engine #6 Posted Sep 05 2019 - 13:57

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11748 battles

View Postminneerminneer, on Sep 05 2019 - 13:56, said:

I refuse to actually watch the video but the only time I have missed a ebr was me being bad or I would have missed the same if it was a ebr

Well, people often say, "show me the video".  So ... here's a video that clearly shows what I'm talking about. 

Oh, and to add one more thing.  Nobody's saying that players in the top 2% won't be able to hit a clown car.  Not claiming that.  But 98% of paying customers aren't them. 

Edited by Siege_Engine, Sep 05 2019 - 14:00.

Trauglodyte #7 Posted Sep 05 2019 - 14:08

Major

• -Players-
  • 23747 battles
  • [GSH] GSH
The only thing that I see in this video is a click bait meme monkey doing nothing but sadly raking in more likes.  If you enjoy that kind of stuff, no worries.  Doesn't make you a bad person and, since I don't know the guy, it doesn't make him a bad person (I guess).  But, he doesn't actually accomplish anything of value in any of these games.  30 minute video of him dying in 30 seconds.  Oh joy!  The irony of this video is that the bulk of the maps weren't even artillery friendly AND he's assuming that removing the SPGs accomplishes anything, given that we don't get to see the entire duration of the game.  So, in short, he dies quickly, doesn't help his team by providing any pertinent information, and only giggles like a girl because he may or may not have killed SPGs.

Edited by Trauglodyte, Sep 05 2019 - 14:09.

Siege_Engine #8 Posted Sep 05 2019 - 14:16

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11748 battles

View PostTrauglodyte, on Sep 05 2019 - 14:08, said:

The only thing that I see in this video is a click bait meme monkey doing nothing but sadly raking in more likes.  If you enjoy that kind of stuff, no worries.  Doesn't make you a bad person and, since I don't know the guy, it doesn't make him a bad person (I guess).  But, he doesn't actually accomplish anything of value in any of these games.  30 minute video of him dying in 30 seconds.  Oh joy!  The irony of this video is that the bulk of the maps weren't even artillery friendly AND he's assuming that removing the SPGs accomplishes anything, given that we don't get to see the entire duration of the game.  So, in short, he dies quickly, doesn't help his team by providing any pertinent information, and only giggles like a girl because he may or may not have killed SPGs.

Fair point.  Still ... he took about 3,000 HP off of the enemy team, killed their arty (which is pretty significant in a tier 9 battle), and spotted the locations of multiple enemy, within that first 30 seconds. 

I never believed not sure that the clown cars are OP, nor that the video shows that they are OP.  I believe that the clown cars break the WOT meta.  I've never seen these types of games in the past meta.  Also it IS pretty funny. 

Especially that one battle where he takes off at least half of that "buffed" leopard's HP (during that 30 seconds), autoaiming+ and snap shooting and penning his shots at 80kph, (forgot how many shots he bounced) before he killed both of the team's arty (during that 30 seconds) while he was driving 70kph backwards.  Pretty troll. 

It's meta breaking and troll funny.  That's what I'm saying.  Not that it's OP. 

Edited by Siege_Engine, Sep 05 2019 - 14:21.

uberdice #9 Posted Sep 05 2019 - 14:21

Major

• Players
  • 27374 battles

View PostSiege_Engine, on Sep 05 2019 - 22:53, said:

And .... that was in a teir 9/10 battle, if I remember correctly?  Hardly gamers who are trying to learn how to shoot. 

Pubbies usually die after two or three shots per game. This means they don't get to practice shooting because they're too busy being dead. This means they stay bad.

You only need to look at your own record to see that you can reach tier 10 and still not know how to be effective.

People who are already bad at shooting didn't magically become better at shooting in two seconds.

Who could have predicted such a turn of events?

It's also entirely likely that they were too surprised to shoot properly, because they weren't expecting him to actually not be camping the red line while complaining about his team, for once.

Steeler_Nation_USA #10 Posted Sep 05 2019 - 14:34

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1316 battles

View Postuberdice, on Sep 05 2019 - 13:39, said:

If you just look at post game stats, the people who can't hit wheeled lights are mostly the ones who are only doing one or two shots of damage per game anyway, so it makes no material difference whether the target is moving at 30km/h or 80km/h as far as their effectiveness is concerned.

Dude you are full of [edited]. 

I_QQ_4_U #11 Posted Sep 05 2019 - 14:44

Major

• -Players-
  • 23637 battles

View PostTrauglodyte, on Sep 05 2019 - 14:08, said:

You're way too serious, he was having fun. His goal was to try and take out the SPG's early and get out of dodge, not because they're a huge threat but because it requires him to make it past most of their team and back out. Lots of people do the similar things all the time. Yeah maybe not the best way to win a game but at least he was doing something, most of the time a third of the team might as well have not been there.

ThePigSheFlies #12 Posted Sep 05 2019 - 14:47

Major

• Players
  • 78355 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

wheelies are hard to hit, kappa

https://streamable.com/yyddz

Trauglodyte #13 Posted Sep 05 2019 - 15:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 23747 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View PostI_QQ_4_U, on Sep 05 2019 - 14:44, said:

You're way too serious, he was having fun. His goal was to try and take out the SPG's early and get out of dodge, not because they're a huge threat but because it requires him to make it past most of their team and back out. Lots of people do the similar things all the time. Yeah maybe not the best way to win a game but at least he was doing something, most of the time a third of the team might as well have not been there.

Not too serious, in the slightest.  What he's doing is enjoyable to some - I don't get why but that isn't my call to make.  What I don't like is that people will watch this, for whatever reason, and then the play style will permeate the game.  Light Tanks are already hard enough to play, require the most map and mechanic understanding, and need the most advanced skill/perk crews to be good.  Few players bother to actually fully understand this, which is why suiscouting is such a big thing.  This video will, for some people, show them "how to Light play" and that is bad for the game.

I get the video's point.  And, as I noted before, enjoy it if that is your thing.  But, I draw the line when entertainment starts to become semi-factual.  We do not need more people, in Armored Cars, running around with the only intent of backlining and killing artillery.  Very few of them get that far and it typically results in one team being down an important tank.  Fun aside, do you really want to see more of this in game?

Guido1212 #14 Posted Sep 05 2019 - 15:03

Community Contributor

• Players
  • 82334 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View Postuberdice, on Sep 05 2019 - 12:39, said:

I’m 

I struggle to hit them consistently.  It does require more twitch reflexes than the rest of the game.  Nearly anyone will find it more difficult to hit them as opposed to other tanks.

The fact that some will struggle to do damage vs anything has nothing to do with it.

Effectiveness isn’t all about hitting fast tanks.  However, the faster it moves the harder it is to hit. These things operate at the edges of the game design.  They are outliers with one of their main strengths being a speed which the game was not well designed to deal with.

Siege_Engine #15 Posted Sep 05 2019 - 15:17

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11748 battles

View PostGuido1212, on Sep 05 2019 - 15:03, said:

I struggle to hit them consistently.  It does require more twitch reflexes than the rest of the game.  Nearly anyone will find it more difficult to hit them as opposed to other tanks.

The fact that some will struggle to do damage vs anything has nothing to do with it.

Effectiveness isn’t all about hitting fast tanks.  However, the faster it moves the harder it is to hit. These things operate at the edges of the game design.  They are outliers with one of their main strengths being a speed which the game was not well designed to deal with.

Well said. 

I would also add that people who can't afford great IRL equipment or internet connection may have a slow frame rate or a slow ping.  Issues like these might make hitting a clown car only possible with a lot of luck.  A great player, with a great system, and a great ping, might find it simple to shoot clown cars.  There's 14 other players on a team.  Some of those other players might believe that their gameplay feels a bit 'broken'. 

I_QQ_4_U #16 Posted Sep 05 2019 - 15:19

Major

• -Players-
  • 23637 battles

View PostGuido1212, on Sep 05 2019 - 15:03, said:

Anyone who says they're not hard(er) to hit is a moron. Like everything in this game the faster and smaller it is the harder it is to hit. These idiots act like they never miss.

Siege_Engine #17 Posted Sep 05 2019 - 15:25

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11748 battles

View PostTrauglodyte, on Sep 05 2019 - 15:00, said:

[snip]

I get the video's point.  And, as I noted before, enjoy it if that is your thing.  But, I draw the line when entertainment starts to become semi-factual. 

[/snip]

The video is in fact, factual.  It happened.   

I don't think that Claus is a unicum??  Yet, in fact, he did those things that he showed in his video.  Perhaps with a little practice, other great players could use clown cars to do break the gameplay, even more?  What would happen with a platoon of unicums in clown cars using the same tactics? 

Or would happen with a platoon of not-great players who intended to simply to break the gameplay and have a good laugh?  I find it to be fascinating -- and hilarious! 

Edited by Siege_Engine, Sep 05 2019 - 15:34.

ThePigSheFlies #18 Posted Sep 05 2019 - 15:37

Major

• Players
  • 78355 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostI_QQ_4_U, on Sep 05 2019 - 09:19, said:

Anyone who says they're not hard(er) to hit is a moron. Like everything in this game the faster and smaller it is the harder it is to hit. These idiots act like they never miss.

to your point, the elc even 90 gets away with murder so long as it doesn't get tracked, because it also has a relatively high top speed, and is small...  

but, it does get tracked, and when it does it gets murdered, so people don't whine as much about it.

SymbiosisBC #19 Posted Sep 05 2019 - 16:07

Major

• Players
  • 20780 battles

A little off topic, but...

Am I the only one who would love to see a video or three of Uberdice platooning with cheapbooks?  Maybe "discovering" new wheelie sniping positions?

:hiding:

Trauglodyte #20 Posted Sep 05 2019 - 16:07

Major

• -Players-
  • 23747 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View PostSiege_Engine, on Sep 05 2019 - 15:25, said:

The video is in fact, factual.  It happened.   

I don't think that Claus is a unicum??  Yet, in fact, he did those things that he showed in his video.  Perhaps with a little practice, other great players could use clown cars to do break the gameplay, even more?  What would happen with a platoon of unicums in clown cars using the same tactics? 

Or would happen with a platoon of not-great players who intended to simply to break the gameplay and have a good laugh?  I find it to be fascinating -- and hilarious! 

That's not the point.  The point is THAT isn't how you effectively play Armored Cars, let alone Light Tanks.  THAT is the point.  Yet, people that are on the dimmer end of the scale may not understand that.  As such, they'll replicate that style of play, in game, which does nothing but push the quality of games down.  It is why we have camping heavy tanks and TDs that never ever leave a bush, no matter what.  People don't know so they imitate bad play which, in turn, reverberates its way through the future of the game.

On a side note, yes, Armored Cars are hard to hit.  It isn't impossible but the combination of small size, speed, agility, and inability to track makes for hard targets to consistently impact.  Missing shots on them doesn't make you bad.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users