Tier 8

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

_Red_Saaryn_ #21 Posted Sep 06 2019 - 08:19

Captain

• -Players-
  • 24396 battles
  • [BRU2L] BRU2L
I love my Lowe but I have to be realist here. The Lowe isn't for everyone.

Do you like to be a god at t8 battles?, Do you like to be the German defender and be even better because you use your brain instead of bias? Then the Lowe is for you...

Do you like to be a useless piece of sh** in t10? Do you like to be Arty bait? Do you love to be unable to penetrate enemies while these can easily 2 hit your armor frontally?, Do you hate yourself and cant wait to go back home and start to cut your arm and then throw vinegar in the open wound? Then the lowe is for you...

Because there is no better ying-yang tank than the lowe. A total God in same tier battles but a literal useless piece of sh** at t10 because no only the gun is outclassed but the armor and speed as well. You will be often penetrated by t10 heavies, meds, and even light tanks and no amount of angling nor going hull down will prevent you from being penetrated...even worse. T10 arty can easily "splash" you for 500-700 hp. This is the reason why the lowe isn't for everyone. You can't just get it and think it is a maus/is7 and just expose your turret and be invincible...those t10 guns (yes even the t10 light tank ones) can easily go through your armor like if this was made of wet toilet paper. Your lowe is slow therefore you can't run, you can't escape arty or reposition so you are dead once you are spotted(t10 battles) but leaving all the negativity aside, once you get into one of those extremely rare games in which you are top tier, you can easily make 100k. because, the lowe indeed is a money printing machine, you just need the right conditions to make it work

Edited by _Red_Saaryn_, Sep 06 2019 - 08:22.

Kani_Bist #22 Posted Sep 06 2019 - 11:30

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8739 battles

View PostFilthyScrub, on Sep 05 2019 - 18:20, said:

I'm looking at this as well although I have no business being in T8 yet.

I have the mutant in the reserve list but from what I've read the Lowe would be the more sensible choice plus if you buy it with gold it's like 4k or so less than if you get it off the tech tree.

So far I have the Mutant and the STRV-S1 on my reserve list.

It's good NOT to be in a hurry to tier 8 (which means t10 in actuality), but at some point you have to dive in. A prem tank makes it a little less expensive because it costs less to repair plus you make extra credits. When I started they were doing the Caernarvon contest. I ground my noob butt off and got a CaernarvonAX...... then ended up parking it for a WHILE because I stunk up the whole internet when I played in t8. I'm just now after 130 or so games getting it to a 48% win percentage. I won't even mention the rest of the stats lol, mine are usually bad, but on THAT tank even worse.

If you are on the cusp, then it's a great deal, get it. If you really feel you need more experience, then I would wait. It's a good tank, but it does go on sale a couple times a year. I finally bought one this time because it was cheap and like the OP i had the last of my Xmas gold, I haven't played it yet though. LOL I have the STRV too (prime loot sale AND gold discount). I find it kinda hard to play but I've very little TD experience and it's different from the ones I played. Again I parked it til i grind that line.

Kani_Bist #23 Posted Sep 06 2019 - 11:37

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8739 battles

View PostFilthyScrub, on Sep 05 2019 - 18:58, said:

Thanks very much for your replies James.

WOWOWOWO!  45 in reverse for the STRV now THAT changes some things.  Clearly not an instant bail out mode in siege status but while I'm still learning this awesome game, that reverse speed might help me ease into some T8 games, but I do intend to spend 90% of my first 5k games in T5 and 6.

What would you recommend the more forgiving tank out of the Mutant and Lowe?  The Mutant reads like it could be more forgiving for me as it's more of a front on tank and I'm so useless aat side scraping I dont even bother yet.

Now the Lowe might be better for many reasons more but bear in mind I'm trying to learn but I also like to spend money on pixels to support the game in the meantime so a more forgiving tank.  PLUS...I like the Alien movies ;)

It would be good if they were selling more T6''s but who know's what underneath those sheets in the upcoming days ;)

Tru Voodoo (a played and streamer if you don't know who he is) recently made an awesome video on brawling (I can't sidescrape well yet either, but now I can *brawl* ok). I can't even begin to tell you how much it helped me. If I was smart, I would have a link to the video but i'm not and I don't. If I wasn't so lazy I'd go look it up, but stupid AND lazy is just a bad combo. Go to his youtube channel it should be one of the newest videos. Both the mutant AND the lowe play would benefit from learning this.

I wish he would do one on sidescraping.

teamoldmill #24 Posted Sep 06 2019 - 14:28

Major

• Players
  • 15473 battles

It is a good premium... meaning, it earns credits and is slightly worse than most tech tree tanks. People think it is wonderful simply because by comparison to other German heavies, especially in tier 8, it is god-like. This is just German drivers so used to 46% tanks that an average tank seems like the second coming of the lord.

Even the best turd is still a turd. What tank doesn't look awesome next to the Tiger II?

Edited by teamoldmill, Sep 06 2019 - 14:28.

Markd73 #25 Posted Sep 06 2019 - 16:25

Major

• Players
  • 32799 battles

View PostFilthyScrub, on Sep 05 2019 - 23:58, said:

Thanks very much for your replies James.

WOWOWOWO!  45 in reverse for the STRV now THAT changes some things.  Clearly not an instant bail out mode in siege status but while I'm still learning this awesome game, that reverse speed might help me ease into some T8 games, but I do intend to spend 90% of my first 5k games in T5 and 6.

What would you recommend the more forgiving tank out of the Mutant and Lowe?  The Mutant reads like it could be more forgiving for me as it's more of a front on tank and I'm so useless aat side scraping I dont even bother yet.

Now the Lowe might be better for many reasons more but bear in mind I'm trying to learn but I also like to spend money on pixels to support the game in the meantime so a more forgiving tank.  PLUS...I like the Alien movies ;)

It would be good if they were selling more T6''s but who know's what underneath those sheets in the upcoming days ;)

If your goal is credits and crew training for Swedish TDs then it is a great vehicle. If you are looking to influence wins then in a lot of cases I would recommend a Mutant or Lowe over the STRV. IMHO the STRV is a "sit and wait for people to come to you" vehicle.

Edited by Markd73, Sep 06 2019 - 16:25.

Also tagged with Tier 8

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users