Shooting mechanics sapping the fun out of WOT and spall liners seem useless against HE ammo

mechanics spall liner accuracy penetration

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Trakks #21 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 10:08

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 3801 battles
Spall liner effectiveness is minimal when you are in a thinly armored tank and isn't intended to protect against AP or premium rounds and nothing protects you from arty. They work best on tanks with lots of armor like super heavies, but you can probably use the slot for something better on other tanks. 

dunniteowl #22 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 19:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

View PostFrozenKemp, on Sep 05 2019 - 19:49, said:

There has been no enormous amount of inconsistency introduced into the game, I'm afraid.  But believe whatever floats your boat. 

Pretty much this.

OvO

SawUcomin #23 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 20:52

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostBEASTY_BUCKEYE, on Sep 07 2019 - 03:09, said:

All, so you have to have hard data now, when you post on the forums about your gaming experience. I see. Maybe you could show me some hard data where its better now, then it was before 8.6. Because i don't remember so many fully aimed dirt shots before. or is my memory flawed to?  And i should just stop thinking when i play. As most already have. 

It "seems" you have the same problem I have been experiencing,

Fully aimed shots dropping almost immediately into the dirt..

The game is complete BS now with all emphasis on generating income and little else!

Pipinghot #24 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 21:12

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostBEASTY_BUCKEYE, on Sep 06 2019 - 21:09, said:

View PostPipinghot, on Sep 06 2019 - 19:38, said:

"Seems" doesn't count, either you have data or you don't. It may feel the opposite to you, all that tells you is that your feelings are incorrect and you shouldn't be listening to them.

All, so you have to have hard data now, when you post on the forums about your gaming experience. I see. Maybe you could show me some hard data where its better now, then it was before 8.6.

So it's okay for you to make pronouncements based on your feelings, but when you get called out on it your response is "prove it".

You clearly don't understand how proof works.

1) We have documentation published by Wargaming explaining how shot dispersion works, and how it was changed from the past.

2) You've made the claim that their published documentation is not true. Now I'm not saying that we have to trust WG, there are plenty of examples of them providing flawed documentation or trying to use dishonest arguments to try to justify changes (like they tried to do with premium tanks a few months ago).

The thing us, unless you provide evidence, their documentation stands, and it has to be assumed that you're wrong. No one else on the forums needs to provide hard data of anything unless you can provide some valid evidence backing up your claim.

Your "gaming experience" is subjective (just like everyone else's), valid data is not subjective. Anyone who says you're wrong is well within their rights unless you can provide some valid data, until then the only reasonable assumption is that you're having a problem with false feelings and confirmation bias. And it's not just me, you should also be making that assumption about yourself, if your goal is to be honest. If something feels wrong to you, that justifies asking questions, it justifies gathering data to test how things are working, but it doesn't justify just claiming outright that the published information is false.

You have made the claim that the published information is false, until you provide valid evidence of your claim everyone should assume that you're wrong, that's how evidence works.

View PostBEASTY_BUCKEYE, on Sep 06 2019 - 21:09, said:

i don't remember so many fully aimed dirt shots before. or is my memory flawed to?

Yes. Just like my memory is flawed, and everyone else's memory is flawed. Anyone can be potentially attacked by confirmation bias, which is exactly why it's so important to provide valid evidence and not just feelings.

Carde #25 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 21:20

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 60316 battles

Rather than debate the chromosome surplussed on the math of HE and the mitigation a spall liner has on the equation, I would simply state that the  Spall Liners need to do MORE to mitigate brainless HE damage. 

Also tagged with mechanics, spall liner, accuracy, penetration

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users