Jump to content


Artillery Opinion: Unpopular

Artillery Arty

  • Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

WeSayNotToday #121 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 05:50

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 23945 battles
  • 1,181
  • Member since:
    04-08-2015

View PostJunkaTheAdmirable, on Sep 09 2019 - 05:13, said:

Capping arty per team at 1-2 is such a simple solution...

 

To a not-real problem.  Arty is working as intended, I expect, in all ways.

 

Although to be fair, I enjoy the games with 1 or 2 arty...

 

... as I enjoy the games with 0 or 3 arty.

 

Maybe the player's attitude controls a lot of how the game is enjoyed.

 

This way we get games with 0-3, instead of almost always 2, or 1 or 2 in every battle.  Variety is better.


Edited by WeSayNotToday, Sep 09 2019 - 05:52.


WhineMaker #122 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 06:07

    Major

  • Players
  • 38631 battles
  • 6,506
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011

View PostJunkaTheAdmirable, on Sep 08 2019 - 20:13, said:

Capping arty per team at 1-2 is such a simple solution...

 

Can you say "Wot Blitz"?

 

The easiest, simple and viable solution for the anti arty whine club kiddos... :child:

 

Arty free, all the time. Just for those of you unable to handle the full pc version of WoT... :arta:



RagnarokBazil #123 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 06:07

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 25608 battles
  • 488
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY
  • Member since:
    02-20-2012

View Post__WarChild__, on Sep 06 2019 - 12:43, said:

Howdy Tankers,

 

My opinion about artillery and those who play SPGs for the majority of their games in WoT is not shared by many and I understand that.  Regardless of what you believe about arty, I ask you to put yourself in the shoes of the Captured King Tiger crew here and let me know how you'd feel:

 

http://wotreplays.eu...hild-king_tiger

 

I don't like to complain about things that have no hope of being changed/corrected.  I would like to say though that I do not like having 3 artillery in a game and would certainly prefer a reduction down to 1 per side.

 

Just my thoughts.

 

__WarChild__

 

FYI - If you don't want to watch the replay, I'll save you the drama and just tell you that I was shelled to death in the first 2-3 minutes of a game on Westfield.  However, their arty focus on me allowed the rest of my team to dominate the other flank and win the game.  So there's that...

 

 

 

Sounds like a unicorn that is whining that he cant farm people in peace.. I love arty please remove the cap so we have 8 perside again and just revert the arty back to the way it was that be swell Ty :P

 

If you say arty was unpopular.. then explane the sexton I black market sales 1st 5 mins 15k was it? sold out completely.. and LefhlefhLefhlefhlefh sales.. in a vote and the Lefh won over everything else.. People love arty.. they just dont like the Stun.. easy fix would be to revert the arty back before 8.6


Edited by RagnarokBazil, Sep 09 2019 - 06:10.


choSenfroZen_1 #124 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 06:15

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 6346 battles
  • 430
  • [GITS] GITS
  • Member since:
    12-26-2015

View Postleeuniverse, on Sep 08 2019 - 11:58, said:

I've always said, that the ONLY Way Arty is EVER going to be fixed to be "enjoyable" to play for Arty players, and not "hated" by Tankers is:

 

To help Tankers:

1. Triple HP Levels of all tanks (this fixes multiple complaints of the game including Arty irritation, but it also helps Arty by games not being over so quick and Arty player getting screwed as often occurs currently.)

2. Reduce Power Spread between Tiers of the same class in HP, Pen, Damage, Armor (tiers have only a 7% Max difference between each other).  (this makes it so lower tiers in a battle aren't so "weak", thus fixing other complaints of the game, but also making one less vulnerable to arty).

3. Max 1 Arty per side (however, with increased HP levels as above, 2 Arty might be tolerable, this would need to be tested)  Other than helping tankers, this also helps arty players by giving them more food not being taken by other arty.

4. Arty does Max 300 Damage to ANY tank (currently non-armored tanks are still able to be derped to **** ).

5. Arty shot Indicator, one that's accurate, not a "generalized" one like AW did, so you can know which way you likely need to move to avoid the shot.

 

To help Arty players:

1. HE Normalized more, so no more no damage hits or 15 damage hits, that's just stupid town.

2. Arty Speeds increased greatly so they can have a proper chance to defend themselves (make FV304 work like it used to in every way, just lower it's DPM, and there can be some more arty that work like it, bring back FUN to the game).

3. Sniper Mode (no the alt mode is not good enough)

4. 2-3 High Damage Rounds (like 700) to use for self-defense and when need to go TD mode that can ONLY be used in Sniper Mode.

5. Be Accurate like any other tank.

6. See 1 & 3 above for further improvements to the Arty player experience.

 

This off the top of my head would make the game actually enjoyable/tolerable for both Arty players and Tankers.

 

Armored Warfare did "some" of these things, and Arty was FAR more liked by both sides, however, AW didn't do a couple of them, the biggest being the HP, and a couple of other small needed improvements, and so Arty to some was still a problem.  But, it was 10 times better than WOT Arty, despite the flaws.  So, these things would most certainly work.

 

For arty players it already is "enjoyable, other wise the 15-20% of the queues would just not be there. Like it or not.

 

Why the F would anyone in a shooting game care if their victim found it "enjoyable"

The entire concept of this game is to go out and destroy the enemy players.

The worse a game your enemy has, the better your game. It is a sort of basic premise with a shooting/war game.

I don't like it when arty shoots me, it is not enjoyable. Do these folks understand how stupid it sounds. Somehow being shot, in a shooting game is not enjoyable.

 

Artillery is SUPPOSED to make it's enemies game un-enjoyable. That is the friggin point.

 

Tankers need no help,

arty hp potential was already reduced, reversal, would be really dumb.

Tiers are meant for power spreads, wth do you think tiers are for?

1 per side, been suggested/demanded again and again and again. Your boring choice, others like a bit of variety,

30% games with 3 arty

30% games with 2 arty  

30% games with 1 arty

10% games with 0 arty.

Change the quantity and all of a sudden EVERY game will ALWAYS have 2 arty per game, no variety,

Wow, read above, already nerfed enough, this ranks right up there top 2 dumb ideas.

Shot indicator, HOLY {edited}, go to your options menu. In there you will find at least 2 damage indicators. Head shake , there are even mods that will tell you who, what and what he was shooting.

                                                                                                                                                                                             

Arty

Normalization of damage, so sort of the precise opposite of your wish to limit damage to 300 hp. While you are at this bad  concept, make sure no TD's ever bounce shots, and max damage for a Deathstar should be 500hp per shot.

Speeds, what on earth does this have to do with anything at all? Arty is about patience, team spotting and lines of fire. It is not some TD that has to race around. Getting caught by fast movers is usually 101% the arty's fault.

Sniper mode.  The strategic view is arty's sniper view. Again it is not a TD.

High Damage rounds for defense. You do understand most arty takes a while to load? So, you either somehow know in advance you need to defend, or you can ask the player chasing you to wait 30 seconds til the special round gets loaded. Arty's self defense is self awareness.

 

 


Edited by choSenfroZen_1, Sep 09 2019 - 06:17.


Alpharius_____ #125 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 06:23

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 21821 battles
  • 1,293
  • [ALERT] ALERT
  • Member since:
    02-21-2014

View PostWhineMaker, on Sep 09 2019 - 06:07, said:

 

Can you say "Wot Blitz"?

 

The easiest, simple and viable solution for the anti arty whine club kiddos... :child:

 

Arty free, all the time. Just for those of you unable to handle the full pc version of WoT... :arta:

 

Thank you for your informative opinion, I'm sure it means alot to people who make an effort to improve at the game.



jaberwockie #126 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 07:40

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 20064 battles
  • 842
  • Member since:
    05-27-2011
arty is like guns in the US, its been here too long for them to try and take it away.

WhineMaker #127 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 12:00

    Major

  • Players
  • 38631 battles
  • 6,506
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011

View PostJunkaTheAdmirable, on Sep 08 2019 - 21:23, said:

 

Thank you for your informative opinion, I'm sure it means alot to people who make an effort to improve at the game.

 

Improve it for who?

 

Yourself?

 

 

 

Since the full pc version, which includes arty, is obviously too hard for you, WoT Blitz is the simplest workaround to your issues with arty... :child:

 

Obviously you didn't take into account anyone's opinion but your own. I have to ask, have all the games you have developed/produced, been as successful as WoT? :facepalm:

 

 

...or, as I suspect, you're just another of the vocal minority, kiddo ragers... ;)

 

 



Alpharius_____ #128 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 17:38

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 21821 battles
  • 1,293
  • [ALERT] ALERT
  • Member since:
    02-21-2014

View PostWhineMaker, on Sep 09 2019 - 12:00, said:

 

Improve it for who?

 

Yourself?

 

 

 

Since the full pc version, which includes arty, is obviously too hard for you, WoT Blitz is the simplest workaround to your issues with arty... :child:

 

Obviously you didn't take into account anyone's opinion but your own. I have to ask, have all the games you have developed/produced, been as successful as WoT? :facepalm:

 

 

...or, as I suspect, you're just another of the vocal minority, kiddo ragers... ;)

 

 

 

I said improve at the game, something you clearly aren't doing judging by your wotlabs recents.



ProfessionalFinn #129 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 18:13

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 26392 battles
  • 2,265
  • Member since:
    02-23-2016

View PostchoSenfroZen_1, on Sep 08 2019 - 21:15, said:

 

For arty players it already is "enjoyable, other wise the 15-20% of the queues would just not be there. Like it or not.

 

Why the F would anyone in a shooting game care if their victim found it "enjoyable"

 

 

 

Good and fair question. Perhaps some of their mommies are enablers?



_Kradok_ #130 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 18:24

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 33441 battles
  • 2,348
  • Member since:
    10-09-2014

View PostJunkaTheAdmirable, on Sep 09 2019 - 11:38, said:

 

I said improve at the game, something you clearly aren't doing judging by your wotlabs recents.


I've not looked at his wn8, nor do I care to, but Junka, TBH - Wotlabs says only the top 18% have a wn8 of 1200+.  That's a small number of folks, even smaller as we progress to blue/purple stats.  Hell, only 5% have 1600+.

 

The majority of WoT players.... are sub 1000.

 

The meaning I can draw from this - the VAST majority of folks don't care about stats, or improving them... they're here for entertainment value only.  NOTHING outside of that drive their mantra.  My brother is one of those folks... he played tanks - and never engaged in any type of organized play to any significance - and peaked around 1100.  But, he doesn't care.  He unwinds from life blowing crap up in tanks - regardless of HOW he does.  Sure, he invests in other games...tanks isn't one of them.  Yeah, I, too, get angry as hell at players like that at times (when common sense escapes them and the "I don't care" mentality takes over), but it's an escape from life first.  

 

Keeping that part in mind and dismissing the stat argument as not relevant to the discussion of arty... I'd be down for 2 arty max, get rid of stun, give me a LITTLE alpha back, even increase my reload...but for God's sake, let me platoon with another arty again! 



Heat_Stroke #131 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 18:42

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 31004 battles
  • 284
  • Member since:
    02-16-2014
I'm with you. I don't like 3 in a match whether I'm driving a regular tank or in an SPG as 1 of the 3.

Alpharius_____ #132 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 18:48

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 21821 battles
  • 1,293
  • [ALERT] ALERT
  • Member since:
    02-21-2014

View Post_Kradok_, on Sep 09 2019 - 18:24, said:


I've not looked at his wn8, nor do I care to, but Junka, TBH - Wotlabs says only the top 18% have a wn8 of 1200+.  That's a small number of folks, even smaller as we progress to blue/purple stats.  Hell, only 5% have 1600+.

 

The majority of WoT players.... are sub 1000.

 

The meaning I can draw from this - the VAST majority of folks don't care about stats, or improving them... they're here for entertainment value only.  NOTHING outside of that drive their mantra.  My brother is one of those folks... he played tanks - and never engaged in any type of organized play to any significance - and peaked around 1100.  But, he doesn't care.  He unwinds from life blowing crap up in tanks - regardless of HOW he does.  Sure, he invests in other games...tanks isn't one of them.  Yeah, I, too, get angry as hell at players like that at times (when common sense escapes them and the "I don't care" mentality takes over), but it's an escape from life first.  

 

Keeping that part in mind and dismissing the stat argument as not relevant to the discussion of arty... I'd be down for 2 arty max, get rid of stun, give me a LITTLE alpha back, even increase my reload...but for God's sake, let me platoon with another arty again! 

 

IIRC according to wotlabs the average recent wn8 is 1300 for active players (thus excluding inactives). In whinemaker's case I was referring to his average recent tier of 6.6 rather than his 2k wn8. He went on one of his tiresome copy-paste diatribes, thus my response.

 

Two arty max would certainly be an improvement, three is always too much, especially if they all focus you because of clan tag or XVM stats. I used to play arty alot and even 2 marked my CGC; but after breaking a certain performance plateau you realize that the RNG of playing arty hurts your stats, because you can consistently perform better in other classes.

 

What's really injurious about arty is when mediocre or bad players hurt their own performance to focus on competitive players.

 

 


Edited by JunkaTheAdmirable, Sep 09 2019 - 18:57.


ShadowDancer27 #133 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 18:51

    Major

  • Players
  • 30862 battles
  • 3,918
  • Member since:
    07-26-2013
If you want a team win taking a WN8 hit for the team you could simply focus on making arty work as hard as possible while your team capitalizes their advantage.  Or, go hide and be quiet for a bit until arty gets bored and focuses on another area.

Alpharius_____ #134 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 18:54

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 21821 battles
  • 1,293
  • [ALERT] ALERT
  • Member since:
    02-21-2014

View PostShadowDancer27, on Sep 09 2019 - 18:51, said:

If you want a team win taking a WN8 hit for the team you could simply focus on making arty work as hard as possible while your team capitalizes their advantage.  Or, go hide and be quiet for a bit until arty gets bored and focuses on another area.

The average pubbie is awful so taking a hit for the team is a terrible idea. And you can't really evade arty if you are holding a key position and trying to carry a win.



_Kradok_ #135 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 19:13

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 33441 battles
  • 2,348
  • Member since:
    10-09-2014

View PostJunkaTheAdmirable, on Sep 09 2019 - 12:48, said:

 

IIRC according to wotlabs the average recent wn8 is 1300 for active players (thus excluding inactives). In whinemaker's case I was referring to his average recent tier of 6.6 rather than his 2k wn8. He went on one of his tiresome copy-paste diatribes, thus my response.

 

Two arty max would certainly be an improvement, three is always too much, especially if they all focus you because of clan tag or XVM stats. I used to play arty alot and even 2 marked my CGC; but after breaking a certain performance plateau you realize that the RNG of playing arty hurts your stats, because you can consistently perform better in other classes.

 

What's really injurious about arty is when mediocre or bad players hurt their own performance to focus on competitive players.

 

 


I'm just emphasizing the vast majority don't care about stats...  And I absolutely agree XVM sniping or clan sniping sucks.  XVM should be disabled in game IMO, but the clan sniping won't really change THAT much...  if I see an OTTER/YOUJO/MAHOU/G (insert top clan here) on the other team you can guarantee I will know where they are as they are the largest factors in carrying (much of the time). 

 

But I think we're missing the point of random battles.  COMPETITIVE play has a place, and as much as we do or don't like it, that place isn't in pub matches.

 

Grats on the 2 marks.  I play my CGC incessantly, and can't seep to get above mid 70's insofar as MOE.    



Alpharius_____ #136 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 19:19

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 21821 battles
  • 1,293
  • [ALERT] ALERT
  • Member since:
    02-21-2014
Personally I play competitively in pubs (albeit drinking some of the time), clans screen applicants partially using pubbies so it has to be taken seriously. I don't really think enemy arty impacts you much over a large sample size, BUT it does impact individual tank stats. Last night I had a 2400 dmg game in chieftain because of arty focus <_<

Edited by JunkaTheAdmirable, Sep 09 2019 - 19:19.


_Kradok_ #137 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 19:25

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 33441 battles
  • 2,348
  • Member since:
    10-09-2014

Yeah, I get that -  I try to... I'm mid-50's and seem to only get around 1900 wn8 recents when I'm in try-hard mode.  After not caring/raging quite so much I've settled around 1600 and smile a lot more.  I'll never be in the 'top clans', and applaud those who are. 

 

As for actual competitive play - too many of my friends have left/clan going defunct for me to find true enjoyment from org battles at the moment. :(



Know_where #138 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 19:55

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 57 battles
  • 35
  • Member since:
    10-04-2018

View PostJunkaTheAdmirable, on Sep 09 2019 - 09:48, said:

 

 

What's really injurious about arty is when mediocre or bad players hurt their own performance to focus on competitive players.

 

 

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/601355-your-reasons-for-playing-this-game-ranking-collecting-fun-competition/

Read this, lots could really care less about their stats let alone yours. I personally care less than zero about your stats, success, or skills.

Not everyone pays this game for the same reasons as you. Find a clan war or something like that. Then you will have far less to sound seriously hurt.  

Not reached the levels of "competative players" yet. But reading this forum, this strikes me as one of the dumber complaints.

DO you expect enemies to leave you alone while shooting the less skilled player. What an incredibly stupid complaint. Of course enemies are going to focus on the most dangerous. Bizarre lack of logic.

 

View PostJunkaTheAdmirable, on Sep 09 2019 - 09:54, said:

The average pubbie is awful so taking a hit for the team is a terrible idea. And you can't really evade arty if you are holding a key position and trying to carry a win.

Then reading this, I now see there are some dumber arguments.

 

Hey, daft bunny. From what I can see you moron, is that arty was designed for the specific purpose of getting you away from that spot. Stop you from carrying and maybe even help their teammates get that key position.

You do understand this is a war game, not sure after really dumb arguments like these.

 

The enemy is well , trying to destroy you, not just let you hold that position. Amazing that someone experienced like you cannot understand this very simple concept. 

 


Edited by Know_where, Sep 09 2019 - 19:55.


_Kradok_ #139 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 20:11

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 33441 battles
  • 2,348
  • Member since:
    10-09-2014

Know_where…. lower the drama/vitriol/namecalling please?  Damn dude. 

 

Disagree, but do so with SOME sense of normalcy?



ProfessionalFinn #140 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 20:34

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 26392 battles
  • 2,265
  • Member since:
    02-23-2016

View Post_Kradok_, on Sep 09 2019 - 09:24, said:


I've not looked at his wn8, nor do I care to, but Junka, TBH - Wotlabs says only the top 18% have a wn8 of 1200+.  That's a small number of folks, even smaller as we progress to blue/purple stats.  Hell, only 5% have 1600+.

 

The majority of WoT players.... are sub 1000.

 

The meaning I can draw from this - the VAST majority of folks don't care about stats, or improving them... they're here for entertainment value only.  NOTHING outside of that drive their mantra.  My brother is one of those folks... he played tanks - and never engaged in any type of organized play to any significance - and peaked around 1100.  But, he doesn't care.  He unwinds from life blowing crap up in tanks - regardless of HOW he does.  Sure, he invests in other games...tanks isn't one of them.  Yeah, I, too, get angry as hell at players like that at times (when common sense escapes them and the "I don't care" mentality takes over), but it's an escape from life first.  

 

Keeping that part in mind and dismissing the stat argument as not relevant to the discussion of arty... I'd be down for 2 arty max, get rid of stun, give me a LITTLE alpha back, even increase my reload...but for God's sake, let me platoon with another arty again! 

 

 

There are as many motivations as there are WoT players.  None are good or bad (griefers aside).  One recent example is the FL debate about farming versus winning.  It seems the more skilled players are more in the farming camp.  While tomatoes like me are more in the play to win side.  Some of the farmers heaped vitriol on me  (and others of like mind) for being so "stupid" and "selfish" to be motivated to win.  We were denying them of their right to farm FL credits.  To some it is evil to hold different motivations. 

 

For those who play for credits in FL, whatever winds your watch - go for it.  Just have the civility to allow me to try and win.  This request includes the like or dislike of SPGs.  Both are OK. Stop insisting others think and feel as you do when it comes to this game of entertainment.  


Edited by ProfessionalFinn, Sep 09 2019 - 20:59.






Also tagged with Artillery, Arty

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users