• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

ProfessionalFinn #41 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 01:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 26094 battles

View PostArmorStorm, on Sep 06 2019 - 16:01, said:

Man you need some new material.  

My big tummy hurts from laughter. Why do the baying sheep with those stale repetitions like:

"arty is a broken mechanic"  
"everyone hates arty" 
"arty is mean"

demand unique inspired responses?  So silly.  So laughable.

WhineMaker plays you like a Walmart fiddle over and over and over again.  Make me laugh.  Keep dancing please to the WhineMaker fiddle. 

__WarChild__ #42 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 02:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 32548 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

First off, y'all crack me up.

Second, please be nice to each other.  Yeah, some folks go to the same well a little too often, but I lose most of my creative juices by Friday anyway so I can't cast stones.

View PostCheapWine, on Sep 06 2019 - 16:41, said:

When I see arrogant condescending responses like this I can't help but feel for those who might be required to interact with such person on a daily basis.

He was being sarcastic me thinks.  Even if he wasn't, I thought it was funny.

View PostHeraldricKnight, on Sep 06 2019 - 16:45, said:

It was sarcasm, [edited].

Exactly!  LOL.

View PostSymbiosisBC, on Sep 06 2019 - 17:37, said:

Hell, I try to eliminate __WarChild__ whenever I see him on the enemy team!  Just on principle — XVM be damned!

:D

You are not the only one... :ohmy:

+++++++++

My last shared thought on this subject.  When I see I'm in a slow heavy on an open map with 3 artillery on the enemy team, I want to find someplace to hide.  Big tall lumbering German heavies are ideal targets no matter who is driving them.  No matter what map, arty always seems to find me.  I really do hate it so... (I spent 2 years in Blitz before they completely ruined that game)

Zuikakoo #43 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 02:51

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21887 battles
I hate arty with a completeness that improved my understanding of human nature and gave me insight.   However as the server depopulates and bots creep further into the game I think that the [edited] clickers need a little bit of counter intuitive help.   We need to get rid of the 3 spg cap.  5+ should be the desired match making.  These clickers deserve each other.   Having to do more than sit would give more depth to the spg experience. 

ArmorStorm #44 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 03:20

Major

• Players
  • 37686 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View PostProfessionalFinn, on Sep 06 2019 - 18:20, said:

My big tummy hurts from laughter. Why do the baying sheep with those stale repetitions like:

"everyone hates arty" 
"arty is mean"

WhineMaker plays you like a Walmart fiddle over and over and over again.  Make me laugh.  Keep dancing please to the WhineMaker fiddle. 

He doesn't play me, I'm fine with arty being in the game.  I would just like to see some variety in the responses.  

ProfessionalFinn #45 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 03:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 26094 battles

View PostArmorStorm, on Sep 06 2019 - 18:20, said:

He doesn't play me, I'm fine with arty being in the game.  I would just like to see some variety in the responses.  

You ought to be axing for more variety in the anti-arty complaints.  

Consider the thoughtless regurgitated  "arty is a broken mechanic" tripe for example.

It is silly to expect a thoughtful response to such repetitious nonsense.

Kliphie #46 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 03:40

Major

• Players
  • 32834 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostProfessionalFinn, on Sep 06 2019 - 21:35, said:

You ought to be axing for more variety in the anti-arty complaints.  

Consider the thoughtless regurgitated  "arty is a broken mechanic" tripe for example.

It is silly to expect a thoughtful response to such repetitious nonsense.

Did you watch the OPs replay?  He complained about being in a mid-tier game and stunned non-stop by all 3 SPGs in the game.  He played "right" and was punished for it.  His play also allowed his team to win, which he acknowledged.  The trite stock Blitz reply was not a valid response and when you use them you're no better than the people you're complaining about.  

BillT #47 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 04:15

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 27625 battles
  • [F-3] F-3

Salute, Warchild. I'm going to critique the battle, but there's no rancor or insult intended.  I have great respect for you.

Yeah, that game sucked for you.  And from an arty point of view, I can see why.  You were top tier and the only top tier heavy on your team, thus a choice target.  You went to the normal heavy tank brawling spot.  I don't fault you for that, but good arty usually pre-aims there at the start of the game.  Your team only sent two heavy tanks to that hill (that's all you had), so it wasn't a strong offensive effort on your flank.  Your E 25 got that quick early kill and the arty would have adjusted their aim to his position.  He pulled out just as their T29 came after him, and the T29 lit you very close to the E 25's spot.  So you were an easy target for the arty and they pasted you.

At the same time, your other heavy, Tiger 131, drove up to a hilltop and got murdered by direct fire.  (Possibly an arty shot too, but their SU-100 got the kill).  A glance at the minimap at that point shows you were alone.  You had a Cromwell working the crestline near you trying to spot, and E 25 playing  defensively behind the hill, and an SU-100 on long watch way in the back.  None of them could support you, unless the Cromwell suicidally crossed the hill.  You saw two enemy heavies spotted on the other side of that hill, plus three arty focused on you.  Counting the SU-100 (and surely you expected at least one TD in the normal spot, you were outnumbered 6 to 1, at least.

You decided to stay up there and play the normal poking game, so you stayed lit, so naturally the arty were going to keep firing.  Especially the M44s --- they load fast; and hate to lose a shot because they are re-aiming.  And I think we all agree that the M44 is obnoxiously OP for its tier.

I can honestly say this: in your position, I would have backed down the hill and disappeared after taking those first arty shots.  Make the other team cross the hill top, so my TDs can shoot them and my arty has good shots on them.  If I can stay hidden for just one minute, and their arty will probably lose interesting and shift their aim; in any case, it will be harder for them to hit me if I back down behind the hill.

To be fair, my willingness to drop out of the battle and go dark when I'm being focused liked that, instead of keeping my gun in the game, is part of why you're so much better than I am overall.  Being aggressive usually pays off, and I'm often too cautious. But this was a situation where aggression couldn't have worked; call it that rare case where my instincts might be better than yours.

So it was a perfect storm.  An arty-friendly map that made you go to an obvious spot, one where arty could shoot with decent effectiveness; enemy arty who all pre-aimed there; an ally who got everyone looking your way just as you arrived; a lack of friendly support, leaving you the only target for half their team; a little bit of luck by the arty (those shots are far from guaranteed, and that ammo rack hit!); and your reluctance to withdraw from that spot despite being heavily focused. I think a game that didn't kill you in that situation would be flawed.

WhineMaker #48 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 04:25

Major

• Players
  • 38300 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View PostArmorStorm, on Sep 06 2019 - 16:01, said:

Man you need some new material.  

Like the anti arty whine club has produced any new material since 2011. I suggest a simple and viable workaround for arty free games. Whether you can grasp such an easy concept and resolution, doesn't matter to me. If, as I suspect, I'm supposed to make a sacrifice, in my enjoyment of the game, to appease your whines and belly aches, is never going to happen and good luck with that idea.

I'll be playing arty until I no longer like the gameplay or when WG shuts down the server... ;)

Kliphie #49 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 04:35

Major

• Players
  • 32834 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostWhineMaker, on Sep 06 2019 - 22:25, said:

Like the anti arty whine club has produced any new material since 2011. I suggest a simple and viable workaround for arty free games. Whether you can grasp such an easy concept and resolution, doesn't matter to me. If, as I suspect, I'm supposed to make a sacrifice, in my enjoyment of the game, to appease your whines and belly aches, is never going to happen and good luck with that idea.

I'll be playing arty until I no longer like the gameplay or when WG shuts down the server... ;)

That's wasn't the OP's "whine."  When your only tool is a hammer though ... 

3bagsfull #50 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 07:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2713 battles

On those open maps, it doesn't matter where you take that HT, as soon as you are spotted arty will focus you.  

When there is 1, you can mitigate it's effect to a nuisance.  

When there are 3, you pretty much go grab a beer and wait for your tank to get sent back to the garage.

__WarChild__ #51 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 07:15

Major

• -Players-
  • 32548 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostBillT, on Sep 06 2019 - 21:15, said:

Salute, Warchild. I'm going to critique the battle, but there's no rancor or insult intended.  I have great respect for you.

Yeah, that game sucked for you.  And from an arty point of view, I can see why.  You were top tier and the only top tier heavy on your team, thus a choice target.  You went to the normal heavy tank brawling spot.  I don't fault you for that, but good arty usually pre-aims there at the start of the game.  Your team only sent two heavy tanks to that hill (that's all you had), so it wasn't a strong offensive effort on your flank.  Your E 25 got that quick early kill and the arty would have adjusted their aim to his position.  He pulled out just as their T29 came after him, and the T29 lit you very close to the E 25's spot.  So you were an easy target for the arty and they pasted you.

At the same time, your other heavy, Tiger 131, drove up to a hilltop and got murdered by direct fire.  (Possibly an arty shot too, but their SU-100 got the kill).  A glance at the minimap at that point shows you were alone.  You had a Cromwell working the crestline near you trying to spot, and E 25 playing  defensively behind the hill, and an SU-100 on long watch way in the back.  None of them could support you, unless the Cromwell suicidally crossed the hill.  You saw two enemy heavies spotted on the other side of that hill, plus three arty focused on you.  Counting the SU-100 (and surely you expected at least one TD in the normal spot, you were outnumbered 6 to 1, at least.

You decided to stay up there and play the normal poking game, so you stayed lit, so naturally the arty were going to keep firing.  Especially the M44s --- they load fast; and hate to lose a shot because they are re-aiming.  And I think we all agree that the M44 is obnoxiously OP for its tier.

I can honestly say this: in your position, I would have backed down the hill and disappeared after taking those first arty shots.  Make the other team cross the hill top, so my TDs can shoot them and my arty has good shots on them.  If I can stay hidden for just one minute, and their arty will probably lose interesting and shift their aim; in any case, it will be harder for them to hit me if I back down behind the hill.

To be fair, my willingness to drop out of the battle and go dark when I'm being focused liked that, instead of keeping my gun in the game, is part of why you're so much better than I am overall.  Being aggressive usually pays off, and I'm often too cautious. But this was a situation where aggression couldn't have worked; call it that rare case where my instincts might be better than yours.

So it was a perfect storm.  An arty-friendly map that made you go to an obvious spot, one where arty could shoot with decent effectiveness; enemy arty who all pre-aimed there; an ally who got everyone looking your way just as you arrived; a lack of friendly support, leaving you the only target for half their team; a little bit of luck by the arty (those shots are far from guaranteed, and that ammo rack hit!); and your reluctance to withdraw from that spot despite being heavily focused. I think a game that didn't kill you in that situation would be flawed.

Thanks for the detailed analysis of my play.  In hindsight, I thought that I should have backed down.  I actually made that decision about 10 seconds too late and then was unable to retreat.  Additionally, I didn't like being the high tier heavy tank on that map with 3 arty, so I had a bad feeling/attitude to begin with.  So, you are 100% correct and at some point I should have been less aggressive - but I don't know if you can see the XVM that I see when I load in.  Sometimes I make a decision to attack the enemy's best players in order to give my team a better chance at winning.  Good times either way and thanks again!

choSenfroZen_1 #52 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 07:45

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6346 battles
  • [GITS] GITS

View Post__WarChild__, on Sep 06 2019 - 17:33, said:

First off, y'all crack me up.

Second, please be nice to each other.  Yeah, some folks go to the same well a little too often, but I lose most of my creative juices by Friday anyway so I can't cast stones.

He was being sarcastic me thinks.  Even if he wasn't, I thought it was funny.

Exactly!  LOL.

You are not the only one... :ohmy:

+++++++++

My last shared thought on this subject.  When I see I'm in a slow heavy on an open map with 3 artillery on the enemy team, I want to find someplace to hide.  Big tall lumbering German heavies are ideal targets no matter who is driving them.  No matter what map, arty always seems to find me.  I really do hate it so... (I spent 2 years in Blitz before they completely ruined that game)

Good grief. You went to a spot where players (not only arty) are aimed and just waiting for the usual and exceptionally predictable pop up from the enemy. At that same, very very non secret location.

You basically went alone, got spotted right away and then did nothing to get unspotted.

If you look at your mini map, you are alone after about 90 seconds. You still do not back up. Look again at the mini map. Your teammates on the other side of the map are hanging back, and no one is watching your side of the valley.

You are probably the only enemy they have spotted. You stubbornly maintain that status.  Simply, by not reversing and getting off their mini maps you drew attention to yourself. Don't blame the arty.

HeraldricKnight #53 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 13:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8499 battles

View PostchoSenfroZen_1, on Sep 07 2019 - 06:45, said:

Good grief. You went to a spot where players (not only arty) are aimed and just waiting for the usual and exceptionally predictable pop up from the enemy. At that same, very very non secret location.

You basically went alone, got spotted right away and then did nothing to get unspotted.

If you look at your mini map, you are alone after about 90 seconds. You still do not back up. Look again at the mini map. Your teammates on the other side of the map are hanging back, and no one is watching your side of the valley.

You are probably the only enemy they have spotted. You stubbornly maintain that status.  Simply, by not reversing and getting off their mini maps you drew attention to yourself. Don't blame the arty.

Were we watching the same replay? 

What 'very secret location' was WarChild supposed to be in on an exposed map in Westfield?  Is he supposed to teleport behind the laughable building cover in the town and not get shellacked in the side from the other side of the map? Was he supposed to stay in spawn and hide the whole game?

WarChild was actually doing pretty good holding his own against the T29 (though his camera angle is a bit strange) and he did the proper thing of backing off when the TD's started chunking him. If WarChild tried running away, he would've still been spotted, shot in the back, and still dunked on by the artillery. The King Tiger has no speed, so don't bluster about 'He just has to dance' bull poo. 

This is just another example of WarGaming's unbelievable stupidity in not rebalancing all the artillery pieces, leaving the Tier V's alone so player refuse can seal club away in their M44s and Grilles with impunity. 

Captram77 #54 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 13:43

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11325 battles

View PostHeraldricKnight, on Sep 06 2019 - 18:58, said:

Clearly, you did not hide behind all the artillery safe cover in an open map. Learn 2 move, scrub. 

Problem is not enough cover in the game for 3 artys in and not big enough.

the_dude_76 #55 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 15:08

Major

• Players
  • 34161 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostZanarkand_C, on Sep 06 2019 - 12:12, said:

As much as an issue as arty always is... why is even still here WG? Just call it quits man, how long you going to drag this dead horse around?

The people dragging around the dead horse are the people who think arty is an "issue". Most of us could care less one way or the other.

the_dude_76 #56 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 15:12

Major

• Players
  • 34161 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Post3bagsfull, on Sep 07 2019 - 00:11, said:

On those open maps, it doesn't matter where you take that HT, as soon as you are spotted arty will focus you.  

When there is 1, you can mitigate it's effect to a nuisance.  

When there are 3, you pretty much go grab a beer and wait for your tank to get sent back to the garage.

So if every heavy tank on your team is spotted arty focuses them all at once?? Yeah, that would be frustrating....

Funny how I only seem to get focused by multiple arty one every blue moon. You must be getting XVM sniped... Or maybe not...

the_dude_76 #57 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 15:14

Major

• Players
  • 34161 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostProfessionalFinn, on Sep 06 2019 - 18:20, said:

"everyone hates arty" 
"arty is mean"

ROTFLMAO!!!! Whinermaker is the KING OF STALE RESPONSES!! I'm pretty sure he has a Word doc that he just cuts and pastes from over and over and over and over and over again. If you want to hear a "stale response" all you have to do is mention arty in the title of the thread and he'll come running with one!

HeraldricKnight #58 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 16:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8499 battles

View Postthe_dude_76, on Sep 07 2019 - 14:14, said:

ROTFLMAO!!!! Whinermaker is the KING OF STALE RESPONSES!! I'm pretty sure he has a Word doc that he just cuts and pastes from over and over and over and over and over again. If you want to hear a "stale response" all you have to do is mention arty in the title of the thread and he'll come running with one!

Stop picking on Whinemaker. The doddering old man still thinks artillery are tanks... 

ProfessionalFinn #59 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 16:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 26094 battles

View Postthe_dude_76, on Sep 07 2019 - 06:14, said:

The WhineMaker forum calculus is simple:

• Thoughtful question or post = thoughtful WhineMaker response
  • Stale question or post = canned WhineMaker response

His canned response is dead on.  If arty makes the game unbearable, play another game. Arty has been part of the game from the get-go and will remain.   Adapt or leave.

_Kradok_ #60 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 16:24

Major

• -Players-
  • 32897 battles
  • [K0HAI] K0HAI

View PostHeraldricKnight, on Sep 07 2019 - 10:15, said:

Stop picking on Whinemaker. The doddering old man still thinks artillery are tanks... 

:trollface:

Just like you still think your pixels are tanks, too?

"We all click - your clicking isn't somehow better just because you think it is"

I'd go to the common-sense area indicating that arty has been IN THIS GAME since its inception, but that argument seems to fall on deaf ears...

Also tagged with Artillery, Arty

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users