Jump to content


Add a "use supply" option for directives?

WG suggestion directive

  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Zanarkand_C #1 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 14:38

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 36062 battles
  • 754
  • [RELIC] RELIC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2014

I'd really like to see WG add an option to check, that only uses the supply you have for directives. I often worry I might use up my supply and then the game would start charging me bonds for them.

 

Honestly I think directives are dumb and useless addition to the game anyway but whatever we all get them so might as well use them. However I don't think they're even worth credits so of course I don't want to spend bonds on them. I'd even sell them if I could.

 

Just add a "Use supply" next to the "auto-resupply directives" option. I'm sure there is a mod but I don't use mods and this suggestion is for anyone else who don't want to use mods to get basic features.

 



GeorgePreddy #2 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 15:37

    Major

  • Players
  • 14680 battles
  • 13,520
  • Member since:
    04-11-2013

I have a lock for my bonds... simple mod for the win.

 

 

 

 

 

 



PuddleSplasher #3 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 16:11

    Major

  • Players
  • 39200 battles
  • 3,154
  • Member since:
    07-11-2011
+1 George

Zanarkand_C #4 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 16:13

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 36062 battles
  • 754
  • [RELIC] RELIC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2014

View PostZanarkand_C, on Sep 07 2019 - 08:38, said:

I'm sure there is a mod but I don't use mods and this suggestion is for anyone else who don't want to use mods to get basic features.

 

 

 

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Sep 07 2019 - 09:37, said:

I have a lock for my bonds... simple mod for the win.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I guess reading the post to its entirety was a bit hard for some.



the_dude_76 #5 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 16:20

    Major

  • Players
  • 34173 battles
  • 5,151
  • [GSRM] GSRM
  • Member since:
    12-27-2011

View PostZanarkand_C, on Sep 07 2019 - 09:13, said:

 

 

 

I guess reading the post to its entirety was a bit hard for some.

 

Either that or he just doesn't care about irrational opposition to mods. You want a feature that is readily available to anyone and everyone but for some arbitrary reason have decided not to use it. Why should WG waste their time implementing something that you can already get somewhere else?? They've openly embraced modding, presumably, so they can focus their effort on other things.



UvBeenTrumped #6 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 16:33

    Captain

  • Players
  • 65080 battles
  • 1,126
  • [CRZY] CRZY
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011
How about just use what you want and then not have to worry about adding or taking anything out? You want to create another tab that is not needed. You pick the directive you want and make sure the auto_resupply tab is unchecked then you don't have to worry about anything. Best solution yet for your issue!!

HOTA_CHATON #7 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 17:51

    Major

  • Players
  • 13496 battles
  • 14,590
  • [MSG] MSG
  • Member since:
    09-28-2011

View PostZanarkand_C, on Sep 07 2019 - 07:38, said:

I'd really like to see WG add an option to check, that only uses the supply you have for directives. I often worry I might use up my supply and then the game would start charging me bonds for them.

 

Honestly I think directives are dumb and useless addition to the game anyway but whatever we all get them so might as well use them. However I don't think they're even worth credits so of course I don't want to spend bonds on them. I'd even sell them if I could.

 

Just add a "Use supply" next to the "auto-resupply directives" option. I'm sure there is a mod but I don't use mods and this suggestion is for anyone else who don't want to use mods to get basic features.

 


I agree, simply read.  Not a bad idea though.



UvBeenTrumped #8 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 18:55

    Captain

  • Players
  • 65080 battles
  • 1,126
  • [CRZY] CRZY
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011

View PostHOTA_CHATON, on Sep 07 2019 - 09:51, said:


I agree, simply read.  Not a bad idea though.

You can't be serious!? If you use a directive and leave the "auto-resupply" tab unchecked it only uses the one you wanted. There is no glitch in the game that keeps it on your tank thinking you forget. Why add something that is not needed? What a petty thing to whine about. 



dunniteowl #9 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 18:57

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 31410 battles
  • 8,082
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

View Postthe_dude_76, on Sep 07 2019 - 09:20, said:

 

Either that or he just doesn't care about irrational opposition to mods. You want a feature that is readily available to anyone and everyone but for some arbitrary reason have decided not to use it. Why should WG waste their time implementing something that you can already get somewhere else?? They've openly embraced modding, presumably, so they can focus their effort on other things.

Yeah, like Mission Interface UI 2.0, that was important.

 

Then there was the addition of codes for those same missions because the UI was getting too cluttered with stuff we want to see.  So that was pretty important.

 

Oh, oh, and don't forget the Dog Tags!  Those were totally necessary.  My god, where would we be without WGs loving attention to the things that really matter?

 


Thank GOD the modding community is here to take that onerous load of adding quality of life improvements into the game.  They (WG) certainly have failed to do so.

 

 

As a Non-Mod using player, I appreciate what the Modding Community can do, but I simply don't have the computer with "oomph" to add another load to my CPU as I am already on minimal graphics settings in the SD client and getting a whopping 11 fps.  So adding more stuff for my computer to do while playing?  Not gonna happen with this thing.

 

That said, there is not anything 'irrational' about not wanting to add more stuff to a system, just, because others do so willingly does not make a lack of a desire to have it 'irrational.'  Now if it was stated, "I don't want that stuff on my computer, making it vulnerable to keyloggers," THEN you'd have something we could call irrational.  As in, going beyond what would be considered 'normal' or reasonable under the circumstances.  To imply that is, in all point of fact, irrational to do.

 

 

OvO


Edited by dunniteowl, Sep 07 2019 - 18:58.


the_dude_76 #10 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 19:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 34173 battles
  • 5,151
  • [GSRM] GSRM
  • Member since:
    12-27-2011

View Postdunniteowl, on Sep 07 2019 - 11:57, said:

Yeah, like Mission Interface UI 2.0, that was important.

 

Then there was the addition of codes for those same missions because the UI was getting too cluttered with stuff we want to see.  So that was pretty important.

 

Oh, oh, and don't forget the Dog Tags!  Those were totally necessary.  My god, where would we be without WGs loving attention to the things that really matter?

 

Since it is their game they get to decide where the priorities are whether or not any one specific player agrees about the importance of said changes. This seems like it probabaly fits into the category of "Duh"

 

View Postdunniteowl, on Sep 07 2019 - 11:57, said:

 

Thank GOD the modding community is here to take that onerous load of adding quality of life improvements into the game.  They (WG) certainly have failed to do so.

 

Getting someone else to do for free what you'd have to pay to have done yourself doesn't seem like much of a "fail" to me...

 

Block Quote

 

As a Non-Mod using player, I appreciate what the Modding Community can do, but I simply don't have the computer with "oomph" to add another load to my CPU as I am already on minimal graphics settings in the SD client and getting a whopping 11 fps.  So adding more stuff for my computer to do while playing?  Not gonna happen with this thing.

 

A- The simple mods like the bond lock aren't going to adversely effect your performance in any way. Frankly, it's irrational to believe that they would...

 

B- If your computer is already struggling then why on Earth would you want WG to add anything extra to your load. With the mods you can select the additional things you want to implement and leave the rest off your machine. If WG added every available mod to the game you'd probably be done playing until you got a new rig

 

Block Quote

That said, there is not anything 'irrational' about not wanting to add more stuff to a system, just, because others do so willingly does not make a lack of a desire to have it 'irrational.'  

 

??? So you don't want WG to add anything else to the client?? Or are you under the impression that if it's added directly to the client, rather than after the fact by a mod, it somehow isn't "adding more stuff to the system"?? You're not really making sense here... Or one might say you're being "irrational"...

 

 

 


Zanarkand_C #11 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 19:41

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 36062 battles
  • 754
  • [RELIC] RELIC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2014

I like how a lot of people got upset about this as if it would be a world of work for WG to add an additional check box into the game. :facepalm:

 

I mean yeah, I could also just start using a mod, but I can also start doing cocaine too lol some people just don't want or care for mods why would you care who uses mods and who don't?


Edited by Zanarkand_C, Sep 07 2019 - 19:43.


the_dude_76 #12 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 20:14

    Major

  • Players
  • 34173 battles
  • 5,151
  • [GSRM] GSRM
  • Member since:
    12-27-2011

View PostZanarkand_C, on Sep 07 2019 - 12:41, said:

I like how a lot of people got upset about this as if it would be a world of work for WG to add an additional check box into the game. :facepalm:

 

 

?? Are you special or something?? Because I see a lot of people who want a lot of things added to the game. Implementing your personal want may not be a big deal but what about all of the rest?? Why should they add what you want and ignore everyone else?? Are you special??

 

Block Quote

 I mean yeah, I could also just start using a mod, but I can also start doing cocaine too lol some people just don't want or care for mods why would you care who uses mods and who don't?

 

Cocaine?? Would using cocaine provide you with some benefit that you would prefer to get from something else?? Or was including a nonsensical analogy done intentionally??

 

And no one cares whether or not you use mods. If you don't want to take advantage of everything that is offered it is obviously your choice to make. We just think it would be a "dumb and useless addition to the game"....

 

 I'd also note that just because someone disagree with you doesn't mean they are "upset". Are you upset by this?? Then why assume anyone else is??



Zanarkand_C #13 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 20:24

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 36062 battles
  • 754
  • [RELIC] RELIC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2014

View Postthe_dude_76, on Sep 07 2019 - 14:14, said:

 

?? Are you special or something?? Because I see a lot of people who want a lot of things added to the game. Implementing your personal want may not be a big deal but what about all of the rest?? Why should they add what you want and ignore everyone else?? Are you special??

 

 

Cocaine?? Would using cocaine provide you with some benefit that you would prefer to get from something else?? Or was including a nonsensical analogy done intentionally??

 

And no one cares whether or not you use mods. If you don't want to take advantage of everything that is offered it is obviously your choice to make. We just think it would be a "dumb and useless addition to the game"....

 

 I'd also note that just because someone disagree with you doesn't mean they are "upset". Are you upset by this?? Then why assume anyone else is??


Do you typically always get this offended and triggered on the forum? Is this where you spend your day? Is this your domain?? It's a suggestions son, slow down there turbo.


Edited by Zanarkand_C, Sep 07 2019 - 20:30.


dunniteowl #14 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 20:27

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 31410 battles
  • 8,082
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

He's easily offended into 'defending' -- well, pretty much anything -- if you do it right.  As an example, please re-read my post.  It definitely triggered our Knight In Shining Armor.

 

 

OvO



the_dude_76 #15 Posted Sep 08 2019 - 16:23

    Major

  • Players
  • 34173 battles
  • 5,151
  • [GSRM] GSRM
  • Member since:
    12-27-2011

View PostZanarkand_C, on Sep 07 2019 - 13:24, said:


Do you typically always get this offended and triggered on the forum? Is this where you spend your day? Is this your domain?? It's a suggestions son, slow down there turbo.

 

Offended?? LOL!! By what?? What could have possibly "offended" me???

 

View Postdunniteowl, on Sep 07 2019 - 13:27, said:

He's easily offended into 'defending' -- well, pretty much anything -- if you do it right.  As an example, please re-read my post.  It definitely triggered our Knight In Shining Armor.

 

 

Dude, you are the one who got triggered when I suggested that choosing not to use mods was irrational. That wasn't intended as an insult btw.

 

Frankly I'm surprised that the two of you would use such a weak come back. Either you're making excuses to run away because you've got no counter to what I've said. Or you're snowflakes who assume that everyone else is as overly sensitive as you are...



dunniteowl #16 Posted Sep 08 2019 - 17:47

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 31410 battles
  • 8,082
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

You have no idea what a trigger is.

 

Sarcasm may be anger's ugly female cousin, but it is a finely honed instrument in the proper hands.  Please consider these the 'proper hands' attached to he whom addresses thee.  I poked you in all good fun more at WG than at you, however, you really fired back, din't ya?

 

However.  Please consider the level of my 'accusations' as pretty much invalidating the concept that the Modding Community provides time off for WG employees to 'do more important things' when we have clear examples of craptastic achievements in the Client NO ONE ASKED FOR, WANTED OR LIKE as a rule that belie the tale of using the Modding Community to provide quality of life improvements that allow them to work on more important or necessary critical things.

 

That was my point.  Instead, though, you took it all personal and serious, when I was clearly being hyperbolic to make a point.

 

That, my friend, is not being triggered.  It is focused, directed sarcasm as irony to belie the truth of your statements, which are nothing more than quoted hyperbole from WG in this matter.  A matter which we can evidentiarily prove are patently false at face value.

 

But you go on and defend it, m'kay?  I'll be here watching and smiling, waiting for the moment to strike.

 

 

OvO


Edited by dunniteowl, Sep 08 2019 - 17:48.






Also tagged with WG, suggestion, directive

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users