Detailed battle results are not available

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

TastyPastry #1 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 21:33

Captain

• Players
  • 29345 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

For one, you're not sorry the battle results are unavailable.

Two, how is this even a problem? Aren't results stored on the server? Why not just, oh I don't know, get them from the server?

UvBeenTrumped #2 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 21:44

Captain

• Players
  • 64521 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY
I usually just close that one out and then reopen it and it shows up. 

3BAC #3 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 22:51

Major

• Players
  • 66868 battles
When this happens to me, I close it out and reopen from the battle results tab, lower right. 

SpinOut1 #4 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 22:57

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 39017 battles

I've been having this problem for a while now as well. While it's not a life-or-death issue, it can be quite annoying in certain instances. For example, the daily 5 Manageable Bonus to Experience for a victory can only be activated from the Battle Results page.  If the results are "unavailable" then there's no bonus. :(

Lately, I've either not had much time to play the usual 10 game cycle, or RNG has been in a bad mood and the wins are few and far between. When a winning result is unavailable, i'm screwed.  I'm also trying to improve my game, and the results give me some concrete feedback and comparison.

There are other issues that need some tweaking (if the can improve MM, which i believe they did, then they should be able to do something about multiple rofl-stomp blowouts), but this seems like some minor patch glitch since the last one.

PS: the open and close used to work, but doesn't anymore (for me)

Hans_von_Twitchy #5 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 23:43

Captain

• -Players-
  • 42416 battles
  • [FUWG] FUWG

The End-of-Battle packet of information is very large, so there's a significant chance that when transmitting it from the server to your computer, some noise on the line (or whatever) will cause a bit or corruption, mangling the packet. That's when you get the "not available" message. It's a very common issue when one computer sends information to another computer, so computer and communication scientists have done a great deal of work on how to reduce the chance of it happening, and how to recover from it when it does. For example, error correction parity.

As far as I can tell, WG ignores all that work, and just says, "not available". It's truly pathetic.

Your computer knows the information is unavailable, so it can easily request the server send it again, but WG wouldn't make any more profit that way so it doesn't bother.

Edited by Hans_von_Twitchy, Sep 07 2019 - 23:44.

zhymm #6 Posted Sep 08 2019 - 00:40

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 37345 battles
  • [TTP] TTP

View PostUvBeenTrumped, on Sep 07 2019 - 15:44, said:

I usually just close that one out and then reopen it and it shows up. 

View Post3BAC, on Sep 07 2019 - 16:51, said:

When this happens to me, I close it out and reopen from the battle results tab, lower right. 

These work for me.

View PostSpinOut1, on Sep 07 2019 - 16:57, said:

I've been having this problem for a while now as well. While it's not a life-or-death issue, it can be quite annoying in certain instances. For example, the daily 5 Manageable Bonus to Experience for a victory can only be activated from the Battle Results page.  If the results are "unavailable" then there's no bonus. :(

Lately, I've either not had much time to play the usual 10 game cycle, or RNG has been in a bad mood and the wins are few and far between. When a winning result is unavailable, i'm screwed.  I'm also trying to improve my game, and the results give me some concrete feedback and comparison.

There are other issues that need some tweaking (if the can improve MM, which i believe they did, then they should be able to do something about multiple rofl-stomp blowouts), but this seems like some minor patch glitch since the last one.

PS: the open and close used to work, but doesn't anymore (for me)

Sorry to hear you're having a problem.  I've been able to apply the bonus (after receiving the "Results Unavailable" bit) by selecting the battle in question via the Notifications button at lower right.  That opens up the battle results window and the option for applying the Manageable Bonus is now available.  I hope this helps.

OMZ

Dr_Wellington_Yueh #7 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 03:50

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 27154 battles
Quite broken.  Opening later from the Notifications list doesn't work, and often the button to open the results isn't even shown.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users