Jump to content


What is a T-22?


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

CanadianPuppy #1 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 15:02

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 414 battles
  • 112
  • Member since:
    06-22-2019

I've seen people mention it,mainly as "a cheater's tank" and have not received a concrete answer on what it is/was. Several people said it was from an old game mode, but not what. I've never seen one (Possibly because I haven't made into those tiers yet). 

 

What is it? Where did it come from?



GynxCrazy #2 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 15:06

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 8903 battles
  • 295
  • [NXGEN] NXGEN
  • Member since:
    09-18-2013
oh boy here we go :P:popcorn:

heavymetal1967 #3 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 15:08

    Major

  • Players
  • 71973 battles
  • 21,489
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View PostGynxCrazy, on Sep 09 2019 - 10:06, said:

oh boy here we go :P:popcorn:

 

Methinks we're gonna need some more snacks.  BRB...

 

 

OK now that we've got enough popcorn let's get things started.

 

 

 



Markd73 #4 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 15:14

    Major

  • Players
  • 32795 battles
  • 5,100
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011

It was a reward vehicle for an older game mode. It is a bit of a scarlet letter vehicle, with widespread allegations of cheating in order to obtain it. You don't see many because relatively few players got it, and wg nerfed it into the ground.

 

https://wiki.wargami...:R120_T22SR_A22

 



NARWL_Legend_Soviet #5 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 15:25

    Captain

  • Players
  • 27377 battles
  • 1,196
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    03-22-2012

It was a reward tank for a game mode called Rampage. When it was released it was the most over powered tier 10 tank. People wanted the tank but the game mode was not very well populated. In order to "earn" the tank players had to 2 two sets of 15 missions. Unfortunately the game mode was not well populated and the last 3-5 missions were next to impossible due to the lack of people in the game.   What ended up happening was groups of people would get together and rig missions so that people could get the tank. I wouldn't call it so much a cheaters tank as I would a riggers tank. WG essentially made it so that in order to get this insanely strong tank you had to work rig the missions. Some people blamed WG for the [edited]up, others blamed the players. At the end I think their is blame to go around both ways. 

 

 

 

 



omi5cron #6 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 15:26

    Major

  • Players
  • 23495 battles
  • 4,053
  • Member since:
    04-01-2013
T22r(igged) ,for that Rampage mode a few years back. (i THINK it was rampage) people gamed the system,playing at times of low server population and syncdropping and then rigging matches to get the rewards...sound familiar?

ArmorStorm #7 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 15:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 37533 battles
  • 8,486
  • [F__R] F__R
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostNARWL_Legend_Soviet, on Sep 09 2019 - 08:25, said:

It was a reward tank for a game mode called Rampage. When it was released it was the most over powered tier 10 tank. People wanted the tank but the game mode was not very well populated. In order to "earn" the tank players had to 2 two sets of 15 missions. Unfortunately the game mode was not well populated and the last 3-5 missions were next to impossible due to the lack of people in the game.   What ended up happening was groups of people would get together and rig missions so that people could get the tank. I wouldn't call it so much a cheaters tank as I would a riggers tank. WG essentially made it so that in order to get this insanely strong tank you had to work rig the missions. Some people blamed WG for the [edited]up, others blamed the players. At the end I think their is blame to go around both ways. 

 

 

 

 


Well, I can see why you wouldn’t think rigging is cheating, you have the tank. 



Devil__Anse #8 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 15:54

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 1810 battles
  • 748
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    05-05-2013
the scarlet letter...plain and simple

WhineMaker #9 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 16:23

    Major

  • Players
  • 38028 battles
  • 6,163
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011

It's a tank all the riggers and cheaters just had to have. They blamed WG for their choice to rig/cheat because the mode was "too hard" for them.

 

Anyone that has a T22R, is a rigger/cheater, as no one earned the T22R without rigging/cheating in the mode.



PAP0 #10 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 16:47

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 18241 battles
  • 225
  • Member since:
    11-25-2013

View PostWhineMaker, on Sep 09 2019 - 07:23, said:

It's a tank all the riggers and cheaters just had to have. They blamed WG for their choice to rig/cheat because the mode was "too hard" for them.

 

Anyone that has a T22R, is a rigger/cheater, as no one earned the T22R without rigging/cheating in the mode.

 

Actually thought about it and I agree with you for once.


Edited by PAP0, Sep 09 2019 - 17:43.


_Tsavo_ #11 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 16:52

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 45843 battles
  • 19,510
  • [BRVE] BRVE
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011

Ah, the rampage tank.  There were 2 sets of 15 missions (one for each mode in rampage) and the last few were hard.   Combine that with the player population of the mode dropping off and a very desirable tank and you've got players "gaming" the system.  WG could have thought it through better and players should have integrity to avoid rigging things, but here we are. 

 

The hate for that mode and tank went to such levels that I was targeted for simply posting a thread to try to get 40-some players in the mode just to get games going during a time window for a few days.   Apparently that's rigging.  In the end, it was not a tank that one could get on NA without fudging things.  

 

In short, no NA T22 is clean.  Even if it was all clan dudes who landed in a game and no randoms were hurt in the match, it's still not legit or an excuse. 

 

 


Edited by _Tsavo_, Sep 09 2019 - 16:55.


CanadianPuppy #12 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 16:56

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 414 battles
  • 112
  • Member since:
    06-22-2019

View PostNARWL_Legend_Soviet, on Sep 09 2019 - 15:25, said:

It was a reward tank for a game mode called Rampage. When it was released it was the most over powered tier 10 tank. People wanted the tank but the game mode was not very well populated. In order to "earn" the tank players had to 2 two sets of 15 missions. Unfortunately the game mode was not well populated and the last 3-5 missions were next to impossible due to the lack of people in the game.   What ended up happening was groups of people would get together and rig missions so that people could get the tank. I wouldn't call it so much a cheaters tank as I would a riggers tank. WG essentially made it so that in order to get this insanely strong tank you had to work rig the missions. Some people blamed WG for the [edited]up, others blamed the players. At the end I think their is blame to go around both ways. 

 

 

 

 

Thank you for the information, this has been the most useful and enlightening response that I have received when asking about the tank.



Devil__Anse #13 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 17:29

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 1810 battles
  • 748
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    05-05-2013

View PostWhineMaker, on Sep 09 2019 - 09:23, said:

It's a tank all the riggers and cheaters just had to have. They blamed WG for their choice to rig/cheat because the mode was "too hard" for them.

 

Anyone that has a T22R, is a rigger/cheater, as no one earned the T22R without rigging/cheating in the mode.

maybe the first time I've ever agreed with you...gg

 



Carde #14 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 17:43

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 59722 battles
  • 196
  • [PRGY] PRGY
  • Member since:
    07-12-2013
Exactly zero people obtained it without widespread cheating. Wargaming was so disgusted that to punish the cheaters the tank was 1 taken from the most blantat cheaters (hi Soyuz) and 2 nerfed horribly.  It is still arguably one of the better mediums because it is russian and has fake/stupid stats.

NARWL_Legend_Soviet #15 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 17:55

    Captain

  • Players
  • 27377 battles
  • 1,196
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    03-22-2012

View PostCarde, on Sep 09 2019 - 11:43, said:

 It is still arguably one of the better mediums because it is russian and has fake/stupid stats.

No, its definitely in the bottom of tier 10 medium tanks now. 



WhineMaker #16 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 17:23

    Major

  • Players
  • 38028 battles
  • 6,163
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011

View PostPAP0, on Sep 09 2019 - 07:47, said:

 

Actually thought about it and I agree with you for once.

View PostDevil__Anse, on Sep 09 2019 - 08:29, said:

maybe the first time I've ever agreed with you...gg

 

 

Personally, I would seek professional help... :P






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users