punishment hazing free xp waster

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Killer_Tomato_Noob #1 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 16:36

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4627 battles
  • [W0LF-] W0LF-
Trying to grind to the udes 03 wasn't so bad until i hit the IKV65 Alt II. I thought that grind was bad. Then I hit the IKV90B. I haven't been playing long but if WG wants to know how to piss off players and drive them away from a game this is how you do it. This tank is in more desperate need of a buff than any tank I have played thus far.Its pretty darn obvious they want you to open your wallet some more to get past it. Well I'm not going to . In fact every last cent I was going to spend on this game will now be spent on World of Warcraft. Way to drive your players away WG. This grind is ridiculous. Then you compound it by giving impossible odds withyour mm. There is no reason in the world you should ever have less than a 30% win rate in anything. Especially if every tank you have you have averaged well over 50% win rate in. ITS NOT THE PLAYER, ITS THE TANK and the ridiculous mm it gets saddled with. Shame on you for making this tank this bad. BUFF IT.

PTwr #2 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 16:39

Major

• Players
  • 45522 battles
  • [BITSA] BITSA
Hah, you are not alone there mate. IKV was well designed to make players angry `;..;`

Youdda #3 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 16:53

Sergeant

• Players
  • 66744 battles
Sorry, mate, but I thought the 90 was OK.  Not good or great, but OK. I did not keep it, and I am not in a hurry to try the Udes even though I have it.  The 90 seemed ok to me.

SquishySupreme #4 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 16:54

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3672 battles
Keep at it, freeXP past it - whatever you have to do...
The reward for getting through that mess of a tank is well worth it.

Killer_Tomato_Noob #5 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 17:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4627 battles
  • [W0LF-] W0LF-

View PostSquishySupreme, on Sep 09 2019 - 16:54, said:

Keep at it, freeXP past it - whatever you have to do...
The reward for getting through that mess of a tank is well worth it.

Thats the point. They are trying to FORCE you to spend money. They arent getting any more from me because of that.

dunniteowl #6 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 17:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

They have been attempting to get me to spend money for almost five years now.  The "FORCE" is not strong against this one.

OvO

mlinke #7 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 17:10

Captain

• Players
  • 53278 battles
  • [FIXX] FIXX
That is amazing td. It gets only worse. Next tanks are crap. Switching between shooting modes and 2 sec delay sucks

Killer_Tomato_Noob #8 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 17:28

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4627 battles
  • [W0LF-] W0LF-

View Postmlinke, on Sep 09 2019 - 17:10, said:

That is amazing td. It gets only worse. Next tanks are crap. Switching between shooting modes and 2 sec delay sucks

Care to share the secret for winning in it. I haven't found it yet. Unplayable in every way unless you are on a super team. Its a trash take pure and simple.You dont do anything in this tank except try to farm when possible. Its pure TRASH.

Edited by Killer_Tomato_Noob, Sep 09 2019 - 17:29.

TankFullOfBourbon #9 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 19:32

Major

• Players
  • 30944 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostKiller_Tomato_Noob, on Sep 09 2019 - 17:28, said:

Care to share the secret for winning in it. I haven't found it yet. Unplayable in every way unless you are on a super team. Its a trash take pure and simple.You dont do anything in this tank except try to farm when possible. Its pure TRASH.

Use the great speed to scoot to a good TD bush. Spot the enemy, back out to avoid detection when shooting, shoot go back to bush. Rinse repeat. Find new bush. Rinse repeat. 

Not that difficult.

Oh, I forgot. Don't die. And don't forget, it's not a heavy, not a medium. not a light, and not an SPG. Easy peasy.

Altwar #10 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 20:10

Major

• Players
  • 58556 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

Alt II was fine by me.  My tendency to play it aggressively was often a bad decision and probably helped cost my team a few losses. 

The Typ B was pretty tough to play and I definitely took a beating playing it, but thanks to xp boosters, the researching didn't last as long as it could have.  There were a handful of times where I thought I was on the verge of really having the Typ B play worked out, but I just couldn't make it happen. 

Personally, I don't mind tanks that represent a challenge as I think it gives me a chance to let my playing ability stand out, rather than let the tank carry me.  And while I don't think either of these TDs and their grind are going to drive players away from the game, I do think they might be the final straw on the camel's back for those players who aren't looking to be challenged and want things to be easy-ish.

AndrewSledge #11 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 21:05

Major

• -Players-
  • 36525 battles
  • [1_FFD] 1_FFD

If I recall, the IKV was the unfortunate victim of two different balancing decisions before release. I think the gun was originally supposed to be a 3-round autoloader, but they removed the autoloader, because they didn't want the tank to be OP. 

The other, larger issue is the IKV's light armor would have been fine considering that WG was planning on removing the overmatch mechanics when the released the Swedish TD line. If that had gone through, the IKV would have had pretty good armor frontally, with only the small rectangular top being a weakspot. However, the overmatch mechanic removal was removed when players pointed out that this would make tanks like the IS-3 super OP because it would remove the vulnerability of the 30mm turret roof.

So the IKV90 has been around for a while with no buffs, and is just a mediocre TD. I don't recall it being very fun to play, but it wasn't the worst, either.

SquishySupreme #12 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 01:27

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3672 battles
The UDES does have that delay, but while in siege mode, you have NO NEED for a stabilizer and your accuracy is absurdly precise.  Like having food, a directive, and a built in stab with no slots taken when that fancy cross-hair appears.

How to play it?  You put binos on it and camo and your choice of a rammer or vents ( I prefer vents as reload isn't a real factor in a TD like this ).  Train camo skill.  Laugh at the almost 1000 camo value and the fact that your camo and binos don't drop when you rotate in place.  Effectively it's a more mobile WT with better armor and better stealth.  

Lastly, the thing is fast enough to run in and stop a cap - you don't HAVE to be in siege mode to shoot your gun.  I've done this multiple times - it's capable of late game shotgunning better than any SPG.

The beginning gun on the UDES *is* rubbish, though.  But wow the bigger gun is sweet.

Edited by SquishySupreme, Sep 10 2019 - 01:28.

Roggg2 #13 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 16:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 22189 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
I played it a while ago, but from memory I thought it was decent but not an "easy mode" tank.  It reminds me of the Toaster (PZ 4C).  It has great mobility and a great gun, but when it gets spotted it's game over.  To be successful you need to research the hidden sniper positions for various maps, and stay unspotted but also be in positions where you can contribute.  Use the mobility and the awesome gun to set up and punish enemies for their mistakes.    

death_stryker #14 Posted Sep 11 2019 - 04:54

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4575 battles
  • [LUCID] LUCID

View Postmlinke, on Sep 09 2019 - 09:10, said:

First time I've seen someone calling the cheese wedges crap since a couple weeks after they were first introduced. Yes, siege mode is quite unwieldy, but these are meant to be high-skill tanks, and I think at this point they've clearly proven themselves to be very capable vehicles. If you're having trouble with them, all I can say is to learn more and play more.

Regarding the IKV 90, it's pretty bad and honestly there's not much you can do about it. I guess you just have to burn those boosters and think happy thoughts (UDES yay!).

Scrawnybeaver #15 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 02:30

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14536 battles

The IKV is actually pretty good.  It is situational because it has no armor but good gun depression and the gun is at the top of the vehicle so you show practically nothing while peaking.  It has good mobility to redeploy and a good gun.  Basically a sniper and only a sniper so you have to use the vision game to the max and use ridges.  If you cannot play the 90, you will not like the 103.  Similar in play style but the 2s setup and setdown makes it more difficult to play.  The 103 It was a disappointment for me.

24cups #16 Posted Sep 17 2019 - 14:19

Major

• Players
  • 24600 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
I just finished that grind myself. It wasn't a great tank but not bad either. Just meh.
Looking forward to playing the Udes.

SquishySupreme #17 Posted Sep 18 2019 - 17:03

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3672 battles

View Post24cups, on Sep 17 2019 - 14:19, said:

I just finished that grind myself. It wasn't a great tank but not bad either. Just meh.
Looking forward to playing the Udes.

The base gun is kind of MEH - the second gun is a world better.  I think it's better than the T9 or T10 - just nicely balanced.  Remember that your speed and terrain handling make it as fast as a medium tank and that you can shotgun things without going into siege mode in a pinch.  Life is OK until you get about a 700 camo rating and then you...just... disappear from the map :)  The downside is, like a Skorpion G, you are a high priority target, so if you get spotted, run for it as most things will keep looking nearby for you.

The thing is a great finisher but your survival rate is low - most games you end up dead after getting 2 or 3 kills.  Typical of a TD this way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users