Back to School Time with Tank Rewards!

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

MERCENARIO_666 #21 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 19:32

Private

• -Players-
  • 10388 battles
  • [G_EX] G_EX
arruinaron el tank rewards bueno tipico de wargaming no piensan en los jugadores nuevos o que si no se pose un solo tipo de tier 9 o 10 no es posoble sacar la maxima recompensa.

madogthefirst #22 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 19:34

Major

• Players
  • 24377 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC
Where is the code I need to enter?

omi5cron #23 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 19:37

Major

• Players
  • 23492 battles

aye mate...pepperidge farm remembers...

Spoiler

maybe go out and buy some prem tanks...maybe thats the ticket!

Frank1214 #24 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 19:42

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13781 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER
Only 2 blueprints lol. They were the only reason to play TR. Now I have one more reason to play less.

starwarscards #25 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 19:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 15651 battles
  • [DFW] DFW

View PostGarandster, on Sep 09 2019 - 18:43, said:

So let's do some quick math.

With the freebie and the tier 5-8 challenges (I'm sure most have or can get a tank for this) and you participate EVERY DAY you get: 1320 points

If you get the points for the tier 9-10 missions: 2200 points

In total: 3520 points

The max tier is 3000 points. that means to get the max prize you need to earn ~85% of the total points on the table. You can miss a total of THREE DAYS.

I'm a huge fan of Tank Rewards, but this is ridiculously difficult to do this month. All of the other months were reasonably obtainable, but this is an almost complete lockout. If you want to do this route of making it super difficult, add more tiers to the event to get more prizes for those who plan at maxing below the top prize requirement.

Personally, unlike the other months, this month I'm not putting in the effort to play the variety to get the top prize. I'll earn what I earn and call it a day at the end of the month. At least with the previous iterations it felt worthwhile to play the different tiers and there were enough points on the board that if I didn't want to play lower tier I could still get the top prizes.

Agreed, was looking forward to the tank reward missions today... NVM now...

Devil__Anse #26 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 19:53

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1810 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View Postheavymetal1967, on Sep 09 2019 - 10:58, said:

Way to tank (pun intended cause the rest is gonna be me on a rail) a good event, ESPECIALLY for new players, and completely 6th letter it up into a T9 and 10 grindy event WG.

Btw Jambi the reward tanks you list are from last session of Tank Rewards.   This session's are some tier fives or 7 days of prem time.

But I'm guessing you're going off the screwed up Tank Rewards page which keeping with NA's consistency started late per SOP.

Run a mission and your Tank Rewards page should reset.  Btw that information was garnered through forum osmosis as there's no official word that they actually fixed it. 

And since the page is still broken (unless you reset it per the above) there's no way to know how the player can fix it.

YANKEE137 #27 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 20:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 13886 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
LoL can anybody, without cheating by looking it up, list all the game currencies and quasi currencies currently being dished out ? 

artilector #28 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 20:07

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25318 battles

A good thing about optional grinds, which whiners seem to not understand, is that nobody's forcing you to do them, lol. 

That being said, this month's TR are 99% not worth doing as a grind.

VivernaUSA #29 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 20:17

Private

• -Players-
  • 21452 battles

View PostFrontenacDuVandoo, on Sep 09 2019 - 18:59, said:

I'll just copy what I posted in the general TR thread so you can have all this month's feedback in here.

I'm really puzzled as to who you had in mind with this month's TR?

It's not new players, seeing how you ask for tier IX-X, in 4 different class.

It's not casual players, seeing how we need 136 pts/day to get the top rewards. That's 7 out of the 8 active missions per day.

It's not the average players, seeing how you requires pretty specific results over many different class including in the high tiers. Unless that player is really dedicated.

But seeing the rewards I doubt that the veteran dedicated above average players are interested in them.

Personally, I can't reach tier III and IV even if I wanted to unless I rush a MT and a LT to tier IX.

Seeing the grind involved in even reaching tier II, I won't bother trying.

You are trying in vain to understand their logic.
They don’t even know the word.
“Play on top technology while spending silver, and you should have all types of top technology, even if you don’t play on them, you will tighten the conditions, for a few fights a day to“ slip through ”will not work, but as a reward for zeal "on top technology you will get a level 5 car that you don’t need, and who would be interested - for players of a lower level, those who don’t have a chance to get a car, not even second level rewards."

I never complained about the quantity and quality of free things in the game, paid attention to good points:
- ceased to compensate for the tanks, but you still can get a lot of prizes,
- instead of tanks of level 6 - they give the 5th, but they left a good number of drawings,
- give tanks 2 levels and drawings now - minuscule, well, okay - the event is light and stress-free.
But now, players without top technology are being given “practically nothing”.
You can get a reward of the 1st level maximum, moreover, not in a few fights.
And now I’m not complaining, only the desire to go into the tanks at all, something is missing.
Than to roll out such an event is better than nothing, the result for the players - whether it was or not - and so on - is zero, only in the absence of an event there are no perplexities and disappointments.
It seems - this is the funeral of a beautiful, former regime.
Very sorry.
I waited a long time for this event and cannot convey in words how disappointed it is.

GoArmyBeatnavy79 #30 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 20:22

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9876 battles

With the freebie and the tier 5-8 challenges (I'm sure most have or can get a tank for this) and you participate EVERY DAY you get: 1320 points

The max tier is 3000 points. that means to get the max prize you need to earn ~85% of the total points on the table. You can miss a total of THREE DAYS.

I'm a huge fan of Tank Rewards, but this is ridiculously difficult to do this month. All of the other months were reasonably obtainable, but this is an almost complete lockout. If you want to do this route of making it super difficult, add more tiers to the event to get more prizes for those who plan at maxing below the top prize requirement.

Personally, unlike the other months, this month I'm not putting in the effort to play the variety to get the top prize. I'll earn what I earn and call it a day at the end of the month. At least with the previous iterations it felt worthwhile to play the different tiers and there were enough points on the board that if I didn't want to play lower tier I could still get the top prizes.

Thank you for the analysis, Garandster - now I won't hv to get frustrated by slow progress -

I'll just play my typical 1-2 hrs/day and settle for just getting a tier 1 reward this month...

Another ridiculous WG event - are they trying to make us unhappy?

Bonfor #31 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 20:24

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 721 battles

View PostGarandster, on Sep 09 2019 - 09:43, said:

So even with a host of T8 tanks, one would only qualify for the Tier 1 rewards without having at least one T9 tank, based on the point count that you have, which agrees with my calculation as well, and locks that person out of Tiers 2 to 4.

KaiserWilhelmShatner #32 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 20:27

Major

• Players
  • 16769 battles

Volcanic_lobster_220 #33 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 21:07

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8199 battles

I just checked out the Tankrewards missions, how many tokens you get from each one, and how many tokens is needed to reach the last tier, what the actual HELL were they thinking? you need a Tier 9 Light, Medium, Heavy, and TD to even have a CHANCE to get a f*******g Tier 5 tank, what idiot thought up this BS? i am very much p*ssed right now because they went from Last month giving you 100 tokens a day just for playing a battle, to now requiring a Tier IX to get 30 tokens, but that would be FINE if they balanced it by not needing a lot of tokens to get to the last tier, but what did they do? 3000 TOKENS, WHY IN GODS NAME would i play every single day for a T i e r 5  t a n k ? Where are the Tier 8's at? i don't know who's in charge of TR, whether it's WG, the monetization team, maybe WG minsk told them it was too easy so they forced them to raise the difficulty, i don't know, either way Tank Rewards can kiss. my. @ss. this month, i am not going to play every single day of the month for trash.

Einzelganger7 #34 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 21:27

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8458 battles
  • [WOLFD] WOLFD
Well, I got back to school three weeks ago but how am I going to be able to do all daily missions if they are more time consuming than the two past tank rewards during the time I was on vacations? I also work so I already decided to skip the rest of the tank festival so no 105 dogtag customization items for me because even if the daily missions are easy, I do not have time for seven matches a day, aside of Friday so thanks but nope, this "back to school" is everything but doable for people who study and work. I just hope October's tank rewards event will have the houses, that was an actual good format.

ObrumPL #35 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 21:33

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 18617 battles
  • [W-UN2] W-UN2

View PostJambijon, on Sep 09 2019 - 09:52, said:

Attention Tankers!

I'm sure most of you are aware of Tank Rewards coming back but for the few who haven't here is a quick rundown of what it is.  

• Each month, new events are available featuring a slew of unique challenges. Completing each challenge earns you Tank Rewards tokens, which unlock new reward tiers based on your score. 
  • For additional information about Tank Rewards use these links:

Tank Rewards: Back to School

EVENT BEGINS: Monday, September 9, 04:20 PT | 06:20 CT | 07:20 ET
EVENT ENDS: Tuesday, October 1, 04:00 PT | 06:00 CT | 07:00 ET

Read the Syllabus, Earn Tokens, and Redeem Free Stuff

After collecting Tank Rewards tokens, you can select one of several rewards within each tier. Make it all the way to the top tier and you'll get one of these three Premium vehicles:

• Tier III - 43 M. Toldi III  
  • Tier II - L-60  
  • Tier II - Light Mk. VIC  

Got one of these already? We're also offering seven (7) days of WoT Premium Account!

Be advised: There will be no Gold or Credit compensation if you already own these vehicles.

For further details on mission objectives and reward information, visit our Tank Rewards landing page. Study up!

GLHF!

So I've been at this game for 4 years+ and I don't see I how I can earn anything beyond tier 1 rewards and it will be a grind just to get there... no thanks. Please tell marketing leaches to go back to the drawing board and make events like this one attainable by casual players that are not try hards or unicums :(

ObrumPL #36 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 21:39

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 18617 battles
  • [W-UN2] W-UN2

View PostGoArmyBeatnavy79, on Sep 09 2019 - 12:22, said:

Thank you for the analysis, Garandster - now I won't hv to get frustrated by slow progress -

I'll just play my typical 1-2 hrs/day and settle for just getting a tier 1 reward this month...

Another ridiculous WG event - are they trying to make us unhappy?

Once I sorted it out the only thing that stopped me from uninstalling was a fact that I'm in a clan that has a lot of good people in it and I would hate to lose that friendship over WG marketing or whoever is a incompetent decision maker for this type of event.

ElfMagi2 #37 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 21:45

Captain

• Players
  • 59201 battles
  • [AIMED] AIMED

This is some insane grinding for such little rewards.

Someone at WG must have hit their head hard.

The survive part for the TDs is worse than a win requirement. 

Carde #38 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 21:56

Sergeant

• Players
  • 59715 battles
  • [PRGY] PRGY
The amount of missions split by tiers with weird requirements makes no sense. What are you people thinking?  Could you make this more complicated?

omi5cron #39 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 22:11

Major

• Players
  • 23492 battles
well...there COULD be a code...just sayin'!

Cricketer #40 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 22:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 9992 battles
  • [MARV] MARV
Looks like you'll need a PhD or two to comprehend this month's TR. 50% more tokens needed than last time, with fewer tokens per mission.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users