Fix the LAG wargaming!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

_UnReconstructed_ #1 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 05:14

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 36744 battles
  • [HLCYD] HLCYD
I have 500mb down 50up service and everything checks out on my end so fix your frigen lag issues wargaming. It has become a more than random issue in this game. 

Ndtm #2 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 06:06

Major

• Players
  • 17694 battles
It doesn't matter if you had a 10Gbit connection, it could still be on your end, not saying that it is but just spitting out your connection speed like that doesn't mean anything, run pingplotter if you want to have any kind of chance at possibly locating the problem, whether that's the game server, your setup or crap routing

REDRUM_Inc #3 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 06:51

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 49708 battles
  • [GRIMY] GRIMY

This is what WG sent me when I complained about the lag.  It fixed my problem and every time I have lag I do this and back to good every time:

• Close all open programs (a reboot will be necessary)
  • Press Start Button (to open start menu)
  • [On older systems, click Run]
  • Type CMD and hold the left CTRL and Shift buttons at the same time
  • Press Enter
  • Release left 2 buttons

(Another way to complete these steps are to open your START menu, select All Programs, select Accessories, and right click on Command Prompt. Then select Run as Administrator)

• you are now in an authorized shell, with a black DOS-looking box open

Enter the following commands one at a time pressing Enter after each one:
: ipconfig /flushdns
: arp -d *
: netsh int ip reset c:\log.txt
: netsh winsock reset
: shutdown -r -t 0

We would also like you to power cycle you network equipment such as your router or modem.

1. Turn off and unplug all of your network devices. (modem and or network switches/routers) - and if they have a battery, please take them out.
  2. Turn off your computer.
  3. Leave them all off for 30-40 seconds.
  4. Turn them all back on and give them a few minutes to initialize and pull down some new addresses.
  5. Clear your internet browser cache.

ArmorStorm #4 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 13:54

Major

• Players
  • 37533 battles
  • [F__R] F__R
20 ping on my end. 

Markd73 #5 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 15:15

Major

• Players
  • 32795 battles

View PostREDRUM_Inc, on Sep 10 2019 - 05:51, said:

This is what WG sent me when I complained about the lag.  It fixed my problem and every time I have lag I do this and back to good every time:

• Press Enter
  • Release left 2 buttons

(Another way to complete these steps are to open your START menu, select All Programs, select Accessories, and right click on Command Prompt. Then select Run as Administrator)

We would also like you to power cycle you network equipment such as your router or modem.

1. Turn off and unplug all of your network devices. (modem and or network switches/routers) - and if they have a battery, please take them out.
  4. Turn them all back on and give them a few minutes to initialize and pull down some new addresses.

This is good advice.

black_colt #6 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 15:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 4225 battles

View Post_UnReconstructed_, on Sep 09 2019 - 20:14, said:

I have 500mb down 50up service and everything checks out on my end so fix your frigen lag issues wargaming. It has become a more than random issue in this game. 

Have you researched any Support Articles?

If not, here is one that you may want to check out - Guide to Reporting Latency Issues | Server Lag | Packet Loss | Rubberbanding -  https://na.wargaming.../article/19209/

_UnReconstructed_ #7 Posted Sep 11 2019 - 03:50

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 36744 battles
  • [HLCYD] HLCYD

View PostREDRUM_Inc, on Sep 10 2019 - 00:51, said:

• Press Enter
  • Release left 2 buttons

Thank for the write-up brotha, already have done this though....my ping typically runs between 18 and 30 on NA central. My routers are Asus ac5300 rapture and ac86u and my modem is a Arris sb8200.....all updated firmware. Running a Mesh network here and I do have dedicated lan ports for my gaming rigs. My setup is solid and I do administer network so I'm not unfamiliar. It's NOT on my end, from my drop to my rigs period as someone suggested. From drop to my provider I'm getting no loss. While INGAME I was getting ping spikes out of what I normally see. From last night to tonight I have done nothing and yet everything is running normally in the client. Now I don't play everyday like I use to back in the day, so when I get on wargaming servers 1 or 2 day a week and I'm met with lag gonna piss me off a bit.lol 

Really appreciate time you took for the write up and I will for sure refresh as wargaming suggests as that's what I normally do but makes no difference most of the time.....but I tell ya what, wargaming reboots their servers and bamm all is well again.

kishan99 #8 Posted Sep 14 2019 - 00:49

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6954 battles
After update 1.6, my ping went from a standard 30 --> 70-100. 

Rumeyer #9 Posted Sep 17 2019 - 08:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 4858 battles

View PostREDRUM_Inc, on Sep 10 2019 - 05:51, said:

• Press Enter
  • Release left 2 buttons

It's not this. The game doesn't do this during the day. Only late night. It's their servers. Ben playing WoT for years without ever having to do this procedure. It's wargaming's latest patch. They just don't want to admit it.

ShmeeCow #10 Posted Sep 17 2019 - 08:58

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 28902 battles
  • [TAW] TAW

I am having a lot of issues with front lines at night. Game will freeze for about a few seconds to a minute, sometimes more and then WoT will hang or I get dced from the game. What is going on? I can try entering those commands, but this is a recent install of Windows 10 on an SSD. And it is not a computer/framrate issue, I get 144FPS easy.

This is especially unacceptable in frontlines, as I then get 0 XP or credits having lagged out. We should be compensated somehow for this, not penalized credits.

Edited by ShmeeCow, Sep 17 2019 - 09:00.

Griffon327327 #11 Posted Sep 17 2019 - 11:23

Captain

• Players
  • 89250 battles
  • [NVRDY] NVRDY

View PostArmorStorm, on Sep 10 2019 - 12:54, said:

20 ping on my end. 

LOL in game ping utility hasnt been accurate for almost a year .. wargaming decided to RIG the ping system in game so regardless of lag ping will NEVER be out of normal range .. they did this to cut down on complaints and tickets from players about server reliability use an outside source to measure ping. Why would anyone trust in game ping meter of a game that has a long history of lag issues and server problems?

most likely these days if you have massive lag it is on the frontline servers at about 3am in morning and later eastern server because wargaming failed to defrag servers until restart. server crashes are common at these times so play front line before the wee hours and youll be fine because wargaming pays for server support so this issue will not be addressed because they would have to get a new company and pay more money to fix the issues

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users