fix

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

gro_42 #1 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 14:31

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 33249 battles
  • [B_T_T] B_T_T
I am a good tanker but to retch 44% 3 time and then to be kick back down every time this is bull crapthey give us one good day with 50 to 60% win then 4 days of les then 8% win this is why our win rate sucks even in clan wars when you set the winners and loser then it is not fun quit catering to certain clans to Mack there rating look good and the rest of us look bad I am a navy vet with ptsd an was playing this game to keep my past away from the present now the game is pulling my triger this is bull  

Kliphie #2 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 14:32

Major

• Players
  • 33170 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC
Take a breath, friend.  

_Kradok_ #3 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 14:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 33615 battles

View Postgro_42, on Sep 10 2019 - 08:31, said:

I am a good tanker but to retch 44% 3 time and then to be kick back down every time this is bull crapthey give us one good day with 50 to 60% win then 4 days of les then 8% win this is why our win rate sucks even in clan wars when you set the winners and loser then it is not fun quit catering to certain clans to Mack there rating look good and the rest of us look bad I am a navy vet with ptsd an was playing this game to keep my past away from the present now the game is pulling my triger this is bull  

I appreciate your service, and respect it, BUT - it has no bearing on the game.  If you're getting tilted - find a new outlet.  This is SUPPOSED to be a recreational activity.  SERIOUSLY, there are more enjoyable ways for you to spend your time than yelling at a video game, brother.

PTwr #4 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 14:48

Major

• Players
  • 45714 battles
  • [BITSA] BITSA

Its supposed to be etertainment, not work. 

The moment game irritates you, press ALT+F4. 

You will not get good results when irritated/angry/tilted. It will only hurt your performance dragging you into feedback loop of anger and bad results.

dave_292 #5 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 14:51

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 29186 battles
  • [SBW] SBW
It happens. I was 1 in 8 on Sunday. killed my win rate for the week. But I should have stopped playing at 4 losses. One trick is if you cant win at lets tier 8 heaves try tier 6 meds. Play around with the tier and class normally works to save a loosing day.

toesave #6 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 14:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24321 battles
  • [DIXIE] DIXIE

there is nothing at all wrong with MM..  it is a simple mechanism to gather 15 tanks on one side and 15 on the other..  it tries to get all the same tiers, if not it looks for one tier up or down. then two tiers i it has to...  it looks for the same number of classes for both sides...  this is not based on skill levels..

you can not blame this format for any wins or losses.  it can not control them... only your team mates can do that..  that my friend is what they call random.....

if you must look for fault... then the fault is that wins or losses are counted at all..  you can not control a win.   simple fix for you would be to do away with wins or losses as a means to rate a player..  you can in fact kill 14 all by your self and still lose

Markd73 #7 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 15:09

Major

• Players
  • 32795 battles

View Postgro_42, on Sep 10 2019 - 13:31, said:

To state that you are a good tanker is not exactly accurate. You have an overall winrate of 43.9% and a 44.53% winrate over the last 1000 battles. An average tanker is somewhere between 48% to 50% depending on how one measures it.

Source - https://wotlabs.net/na/player/gro_42

I somehow doubt that winners and losers are "set" in randoms or clan wars, but I am more than happy to have my mind changed with some credible evidence of said claim.

My sympathies on the PTSD. I am ex-Army and come from a military family. I have seen the effects of that first hand.

gro_42 #8 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 17:31

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 33249 battles
  • [B_T_T] B_T_T
this is what I am talking about how they stack one side over the other

HTTR4Life #9 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 17:34

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 35989 battles
  • [FMBB] FMBB

Matchmaker....... Uhhm, the age old debate of whats wrong with it!!!  Depends on who you ask, but I got my own theories. I have kept track of my wins/losses for last 3000+ games and see a pattern. I have taken the time to sit and look up every players Personal rating for my team and the other team after each battle. ( It helps to calm me down after a tragic loss or a great win). The trend is that in a loss the other teams average Personal rating is 3837 points higher than my teams Personal rating and in wins my team Personal rating is 1983 points higher then the enemies. So I think its safe to say the team with the better player wins? I had a game the other night where 7(yes 7) players on the opposing team where in top clans, all with Personal rating north of 7k, and I was the highest person on my team with a measly 4800+ Personal rating. How you think that battle went? Surprisingly, it was not a complete romple stomp. I managed to be the last tank standing against 4 of the top guys on other team, killed 2 of them and then was crushed by the other 2.  I ended with a little over 4k damage, and 7 kills. This was an odd battle but I guess luck/RNG was on my side this battle. Usually I would "I AM DIED" before the end. No tinfoil hat here but usually the team with the better players win and MM does not evenly divide the good players amongst the 2 teams. Sometimes your on the good team and sometimes not.

My heart is with you brother, been to Irag 3 times and Afghanistan 2 times, and I suffer Ptsd as well. Stay strong and do not let the "GAME" get you frustrated. More important things in life, like your sanity. Take a break and relax when things get rough in the game. Like the saying says, "What goes down must come up". 

Edited by HTTR4Life, Sep 10 2019 - 17:37.

TVWizard2 #10 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 17:39

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 723 battles

"I am a good tanker"

>43%

:P:facepalm:

Markd73 #11 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 17:42

Major

• Players
  • 32795 battles

View PostHTTR4Life, on Sep 10 2019 - 16:34, said:

Matchmaker....... Uhhm, the age old debate of whats wrong with it!!!  Depends on who you ask, but I got my own theories. I have kept track of my wins/losses for last 3000+ games and see a pattern. I have taken the time to sit and look up every players Personal rating for my team and the other team after each battle. ( It helps to calm me down after a tragic loss or a great win). The trend is that in a loss the other teams average Personal rating is 3837 points higher than my teams Personal rating and in wins my team Personal rating is 1983 points higher then the enemies. So I think its safe to say the team with the better player wins? I had a game the other night where 7(yes 7) players on the opposing team where in top clans, all with Personal rating north of 7k, and I was the highest person on my team with a measly 4800+ Personal rating. How you think that battle went? Surprisingly, it was not a complete romple stomp. I managed to be the last tank standing against 4 of the top guys on other team, killed 2 of them and then was crushed by the other 2.  I ended with a little over 4k damage, and 7 kills. This was an odd battle but I guess luck/RNG was on my side this battle. Usually I would "I AM DIED" before the end. No tinfoil hat here but usually the team with the better players win and MM does not evenly divide the good players amongst the 2 teams. Sometimes your on the good team and sometimes not.

My heart is with you brother, been to Irag 3 times and Afghanistan 2 times, and I suffer Ptsd as well. Stay strong and do not let the "GAME" get you frustrated. More important things in life, like your sanity. Take a break and relax when things get rough in the game. Like the saying says, "What goes down must come up". 

Pretty much this. The issue you are not mentioning is statistically relevant sample size. Over enough games this evens out.

The only difference (over a big enough sample size) is your own personal performance and the ability to influence wins.

ObrumPL #12 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 18:08

Captain

• -Players-
  • 19513 battles
  • [W-UN2] W-UN2

View PostPTwr, on Sep 10 2019 - 06:48, said:

Its supposed to be etertainment, not work. 

The moment game irritates you, press ALT+F4. 

You will not get good results when irritated/angry/tilted. It will only hurt your performance dragging you into feedback loop of anger and bad results.

This is so true, yesterday I was so detached from worrying about stats, wins/losses etc. ended-up having quite a session.

Also tagged with fix

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users