• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

__WarChild__ #1 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 20:43

Major

• -Players-
  • 31555 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

Howdy Tankers,

As folks are becoming more and more frustrated with Wargaming's decisions, it dawned on me that the exact same thing happened last year around this time and I also believe the year before that.  The Festival Fair is an incredibly slow grind and the rewards at the end are okay but it's completely unclear how much we'll have to be able to purchase stuff.  I have done all that is possible and have 88 of the 105 needed.  Of course, because I've been a "go getter" in Frontlines, I am MISSING OUT on some tickets that should have simply been gifted to me for being on top of things.  However, such is not the case.  Unless they don't charge for opening the store and also start throwing tons of tickets at us, I'm not going to be able to purchase much.  I'm doing a wait and see on this issue, so it may all be fine.  Who knows.  I could go on and on about the little frustrations that seem to be adding up, but I'll just list what I see instead:

1) Tank Rewards - the anemic version they brought back now has so many tasks that it has become completely unappealing for most players.

2) Ranked Battles - as far as I'm concerned we are missing thousands of bonds right now that we normally could earn, the recent announcement is not clear and no date has been set

3) Festival Fair - they didn't discount anything last year either, but the use of the word "sale" needs to be changed to "offering" because the current Fair is upsetting many people

4) NO DISCOUNTS on Training/Consumables/Equipment - probably the most upsetting issue for many of us with tank crews needing to move around and upgrade.  The NA has fewer of these than any other server, yet we bring it a lot of money.  I really don't understand WG's reasoning behind this.  Here is our list of our last 5 crew training/retraining discounts:

March 22, 2019
January 11, 2019
October 26, 2018
August 11, 2018
January 19, 2018

WHY are they waiting?  WHAT are they waiting for?  

It is things like these that start to build up after the summer and continue to pile on until the holidays where loot boxes, at least for me, have lessened my anger.  So, if you're not angry yet, don't worry, I GUARANTEE that some of their upcoming announcements will be bring you to a level of consternation as well. :sceptic:  Then, and only then, will I welcome you to the Club...

:honoring:

__WarChild__

*Wargaming if you're reading this:  Fix Tank Rewards Now by reducing the # of tasks and make the whole thing great by bringing back GOLD compensation. Rework the Heavy Tank Class Missions to remove the blocked shot requirements and make it all about damage. Have a sale this weekend on consumables and crew training/retraining. Those jack of trade skills on Twitch commanders are useless.

YANKEE137 #2 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 20:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 13886 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
Was Steel Hunter supposed to be their way of helping us make bonds ? Because playing with event tanks and no crews isn't my idea of fun. 

_Ayreon_ #3 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 20:58

Captain

• Players
  • 52449 battles
  • [NOBA] NOBA

Good post!

However, you forgot CAMO SALE FOR GOLD! 

When was the last time we had that?

WG is really doing great /s

jamesdoz #4 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 21:09

Major

• Players
  • 39142 battles
  • [AMOX] AMOX

Sad to see another Good long time WOt stats site go, I like These two.

www.wotstats.org/stats/na

wotlabs.net/na

__WarChild__ #5 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 21:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 31555 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View Postjamesdoz, on Sep 10 2019 - 14:09, said:

Sad to see another Good long time WOt stats site go, I like These two.

www.wotstats.org/stats/na

wotlabs.net/na

I would like all the stat sites to go.  In the end, stats are a horrible goal for this type of game.  Playing well and having fun should be the only goals.

__WarChild__ #6 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 21:22

Major

• -Players-
  • 31555 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostYANKEE137, on Sep 10 2019 - 13:54, said:

Was Steel Hunter supposed to be their way of helping us make bonds ? Because playing with event tanks and no crews isn't my idea of fun. 

Steel Hunter is okay.  I like the idea of it and the format was a welcomed change.  But I have to play it 5 times a day and do well (at a minimum) to get 2 tickets and a little bit of credits.  That makes it a grind.  I don't like grinds.

sector7ge #7 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 21:30

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23450 battles

View Post__WarChild__, on Sep 10 2019 - 16:43, said:

*Wargaming if you're reading this:  Fix Tank Rewards Now by reducing the # of tasks and make the whole thing great by bringing back GOLD compensation. Rework the Heavy Tank Class Missions to remove the blocked shot requirements and make it all about damage. Have a sale this weekend on consumables and crew training/retraining. Those jack of trade skills on Twitch commanders are useless.

THAT would encourage A LOT of players trying to get the last rewards in these events, otherwise it´s worthless

Mamas_Calvin #8 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 21:37

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 45436 battles
  • [EPEEN] EPEEN
I have simply stopped spending money. When deals come around that match those in years gone by, I will spend some more. If not...

jamesdoz #9 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 21:40

Major

• Players
  • 39142 battles
  • [AMOX] AMOX

View Post__WarChild__, on Sep 10 2019 - 15:20, said:

I would like all the stat sites to go.  In the end, stats are a horrible goal for this type of game.  Playing well and having fun should be the only goals.

They help for those that want to improve, So you can see what you need to work on, Stats are only for the individual player, But players use them as Their 

E Peen. Which I have never and will never agree with, Most who do this are either young or have nothing else in their lives so they point out their stats. If it makes them feel good, who is it hurting, Better this then more angry kids who didn't get what they wanted in life, While they were growing up they always won even when they lost. It isn't their faults, the parents some but it's the same people who have been trying to divide us for a very long time. They finally hit on it, Get them while they are young. I spend as much time with my four year old son as I can, He isn't getting a participation trophy even if they are given to other kids.Just started him in Soccer and BasketBall.

Buttknuckle #10 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 21:41

Major

• Players
  • 51258 battles
  • [-RECK] -RECK

View Post__WarChild__, on Sep 10 2019 - 19:43, said:

1) Tank Rewards - the anemic version they brought back now has so many tasks that it has become completely unappealing for most players. The frustration is compounded by the fact that last months missions were easily completed by the casual player. The drastic pendulum swing in mission difficulty is really annoying. Honestly though, not really surprised by this as I frequently get the feeling that the people that design missions don't really play the game.

2) Ranked Battles - as far as I'm concerned we are missing thousands of bonds right now that we normally could earn, the recent announcement is not clear and no date has been set. You forgot to mention that they also said they were working on a replacement opportunity for NA players to get bonds from some other event after they canceled the last one for us. They made that announcement and then nothing. Not even a "sorry but we couldn't pull it together." Not really surprised by this either as its pretty typical of how well they communicate.

3) Festival Fair - they didn't discount anything last year either, but the use of the word "sale" needs to be changed to "offering" because the current Fair is upsetting many people. I think the reason people are upset is a direct result of the poor QA of WG posts that is done by the NA group. In English there is a considerable difference between "ON SALE: and "FOR SALE." Also not surprising as there are plenty of precedents for things getting lost in translation between Minsk and NA.

4) NO DISCOUNTS on Training/Consumables/Equipment - probably the most upsetting issue for many of us with tank crews needing to move around and upgrade.  The NA has fewer of these than any other server, yet we bring it a lot of money.  I really don't understand WG's reasoning behind this.  Got to agree that this is the most upsetting, and frankly incomprehensible, decision on the list. The sales of in-game items for credits have seriously tapered off. You didn't even mention the lack of sales on tanks themselves. When I first started playing sales of tech tree vehicles were frequent enough that I almost never bought a tank below tier 5 or 6 for full price. It was great in that it encouraged me to start grinding lots of lines. Feel bad for new guys just starting out. 

jamesdoz #11 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 21:43

Major

• Players
  • 39142 battles
  • [AMOX] AMOX

View PostMamas_Calvin, on Sep 10 2019 - 15:37, said:

I have simply stopped spending money. When deals come around that match those in years gone by, I will spend some more. If not...

I still spend but only around 10% of what I used to in a year. This Holiday season I will spend a couple hundred dollars If the drops are close to what they were last year. That way I will be set for the next two or three years,

jamesdoz #12 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 21:46

Major

• Players
  • 39142 battles
  • [AMOX] AMOX

View PostYANKEE137, on Sep 10 2019 - 14:54, said:

It's wg's way of Super Testing a new Game mode, The 4,175 bonds, 2 million credits and 4 premium days and 2 Styles were extra. The mode is fun, it does need a few things changed but Fun mode all in all.

Edited by jamesdoz, Sep 10 2019 - 22:27.

Garandster #13 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 21:47

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5992 battles

We are getting ranked the same time as everyone else does, it happens after the festival events are over. The part that wasn't clear is if the prizing we missed will all be dumped on the first season or if it will be split between the two seasons we are getting.

I think a lot of peoples issues with the festival fair is that they were expecting something like the Black market rather than a standard calander sale.

This month Tank Rewards is too crazy hard for almost everyone and too complicated to follow. I'm fine with more missions, but if they are going to make it this difficult they should add more tiers to allow people of all skills and time to get prizes for playing. I'm fine with the lack of gold comp if it means the difference between having the event or not and with the addition of a premium time substitute. They went too far this month and I'm not interested in bothering to participate. I'll take what I can get at the end and not deal with playing the various missions.

My guess the lack of sales is to dry up credits in the economy sice I think as long as FL is running there will be an over abundance of them.

Einzelganger7 #14 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 21:50

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8458 battles
  • [WOLFD] WOLFD
What I'd do to the heavy tank missions is just like how some of the personal missions make us to deal, block, receive damage that reaches certain milestone. In personal missions is for example 3k blocked, dealt, and received, why not making the tank rewards (and HT 101 to 401) to be like that? For example, Deal/block/receive equal (or double) to your tank's HP. This way I think those missions would be a lot more doable and do not get away of how a heavy tank mission should be because after all, some personal missions have such format.

edit: Screen capture for reference.
Spoiler

Edited by Einzelganger7, Sep 10 2019 - 21:59.

ThePigSheFlies #15 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 21:56

Major

• Players
  • 74385 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View Post__WarChild__, on Sep 10 2019 - 15:20, said:

how do you measure playing well if there's no statistical tracking?

what about when it's literally impossible to have fun because the map is literally that triggering?  I've had some of my best damage carries on maps I absolutely despise.  But literally didn't enjoy a single solitary second of them...

the only way possible to have fun on paris previously was to drive off the bridge and attempt to land on someone.  under wargaming's now fluid interpretation of the rules that is something that is apparently frowned upon/sanctionable...  

YANKEE137 #16 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 22:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 13886 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

View Postjamesdoz, on Sep 10 2019 - 21:46, said:

It was wg's way of ASuper Testing a new Game mode, The 4,175 bonds, 2 million credits and 4 premium days and 2 Styles were extra. The mode is fun, it does need a few things changed but Fun mode all in all.

Yeah, not to my taste, but no dig or slam at others meant. We got enough of that around here .

Gothraul #17 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 22:24

Major

• -Players-
  • 2426 battles
I am giving up on tank rewards altogether other than what points trickle in an hour a day of play and so far the distractions like steel hunt haven't been very good. WG head office is only concerned with the bottom line and are too busy extracting blood from stone by not giving their players much of anything worthwhile other than more grinds.

Carde #18 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 22:52

Sergeant

• Players
  • 59715 battles
  • [PRGY] PRGY

It REALLY pisses me off that finishing up Frontlime actually makes me get LESS rewards.  I reported this the SAME DAY the glitch was known and it was completely ignored, because...my friends in the customer service department are sick of reading actual complaints about broken mechanics.  I dont think my reports or feedback go anywhere, except for being talking points for derision.

This months Tankrewards is so stupid and complicated that i spent hours last night and logged off with 40 points?  Was like 60% night from tiers 5-10 and purple stats.  Okie dokie.

Tank festival sales?  They are literally selling tanks we can get for free.  The funny thing is i have my wallet ready for something actually good.  Where is the SENLAC?  Remember the British light tanks? The Senlac is the one good one, its a premium, and it lives on the Supertest server.  Three or four other good looking tanks also seem to exclusively live on Supertest and wont come out like its some Malibu Beach house im not cool enough to party in.  Let the good tanks out.

Edited by Carde, Sep 10 2019 - 22:55.

makalu2k6 #19 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 23:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 68275 battles
  • [CHKRA] CHKRA

They need to bleed out the GOLD and credits in the system. Gold from loot boxes and credits from FL. 

They took care of the credits by bringing the crew books. I can clearly see how it drains out credits. So great job to WGNA.

Now coming to gold, there is too much gold from last year loot boxes. The black market is one attempt to drain that out but looks like it didn't accomplish the mission so the current festival fair. Looks like festival fair is also not working to drain the excess GOLD.  Another way to drain the excess GOLD is not to offer any discounts and see if this makes a dent. 

My 2 cents./

FrontenacDuVandoo #20 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 23:14

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16148 battles
  • [BBI2] BBI2

View Post__WarChild__, on Sep 10 2019 - 14:43, said:

3) Festival Fair - they didn't discount anything last year either, but the use of the word "sale" needs to be changed to "offering" because the current Fair is upsetting many people

Not sure what you're on about here.

We had the Spectacular Summer Sale in late July-early August of last year where tier 8 were at 30% off and lower tiers were 50% off.

https://worldoftanks...-bundle-0-0718/

As for this year, the gold offers are at a discount compared to the listed prices for the tech tree premiums. Their real money offers are also posted at a discount, even if they do their usual trick of bundling them with a bunch of stuff to inflate prices.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users