The Anger Cycle has BEGUN!

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Zanarkand_C #21 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 23:16

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 37013 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
Game is honestly just becoming so boring, and pubs are just garbage to play anymore. I'm only starting to play during events, like actual events not this festival bull sh**. WG is putting so much DRAWN out crap in this game to keep players playing for longer periods of time to complete these *events* but for me, just makes me not want to play at all.

omi5cron #22 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 23:19

Major

• Players
  • 24149 battles

i agree with most of what you mention...but you left out MY personal peeve...codes for what WERE autoenabled missions.. somehow this all seems to be rooted in monetization dept types....lets SQUEEZE SQUEEZE SQUEEZE this smallest of servers (who also tend to have more per capita disposable income). give the players less and less,lower and lower discounts,fewer and fewer money saving discounts/events, increase the grind-y ness of things to push the pay-to-grind-less crowd to loosen wallets.

i see a possible unintentional internal struggle at this games center...HQ overseas has its goals, WGNA admins have their goals and the NA and HQ monetization teams have their goals. some go in the same direction,some are diametrically opposed. the player base has to deal with the results of sometimes-clashing goals of the company.

i used to be surprised at the mis-steps...now i come to expect them.luckily i actually had an inkling of this almost 2 years ago,so i began planning my money-outlay with the present result that i have a closed wallet and a pretty healthy game hoard,gold and prem time and prem tanks.

i still will play as long as this game is around.

i will hope for the best and expect the worst.

SlappedbyRommel #23 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 23:21

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10544 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE
Great post so me thinks that the last sale alot of players stocked up and oops WG made an error just like when they sold Xmas boxes both in planes which were able to be used in WOT thanks I have 3 years worth of Premium time at dirt prices. So again with the consumables what is wrong with you guys at WG too cheap to put reasonable costing out or issues you guys have with the NA server population? Also, the Festival is no sale really so as WarChild said name it an offering stop the lies it will go along way. As grand pappy said would you rather have 5 bucks in your pocket or 0 if you pricing is stupid on the consumer?

__WarChild__ #24 Posted Sep 11 2019 - 00:05

Major

• -Players-
  • 33970 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

This thread has brought out some healthy discussion and a lot of things I didn't think of.  I sincerely appreciate everyone's contributions and civility.  Clearly, Wargaming fails to simplify things enough to make playing the game an easy experience (hence my Codes-R-Us thread with 160,000+ views and counting).  They also fail to see the benefit of rewarding efforts, especially when there has been a history of better rewards.  Always making things more complicated and harder is like ingrained in their system*

*I do want to take this moment to point out how HAPPY I am that they added Frontlines boosters.  That is one of the few times I've seen them recognize the frustration and discontent with something and then MAKE AN IMPROVEMENT that made EVERYTHING BETTER.  For me, the boosters brought back the FUN in Frontlines and I'm really looking forward to the next/last one.

I do believe that they must have issued way too much gold with the last Holiday Boxes and have been taking all kinds of measures to get us to spend what's been in the bank.  They've done a good job with me because I had been spending it but stopped because they haven't been issuing anymore DISCOUNTS that I've been accustomed to receiving every few months.  I remember being frustrated this time last year and I also remember the anger building until Loot Boxes started filling my coffers with gold, tanks, credits, and more.  Would be nice if they didn't get me angry beforehand this year...:confused:

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Sep 10 2019 - 14:56, said:

how do you measure playing well if there's no statistical tracking?

I know when I've played well and when I haven't. After 2 failed attempts at live streaming 3-marking my M4A1 Sherman, I was able to do so late last night when I had 4 mid-tier/high-tier games in a row.  I play that tank really well, but against Tier VII heavy tanks, and many other heavily armored tanks, the HE pen/damage is so inconsistent that it is hard to reach the 95% mark.  Prior to my failed attempts, I got all the way to 94.95% and posted my replay in this thread:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/611420-almost-3-marking-my-m4a1-sherman/

But that thread was really just my way of pointing out the 3 person platoon that hindered my chance of making it to 95%.  Winning that game was especially rewarding since we had players intentionally hurting our team.  However, whether we won or not did not prevent me from feeling good about how I played.  Although at the end, I saw that other guy on my team had a phenomenal game and was the one actually responsible for the carry (and not my greatness :( ;).

Anyway, my point is that "farming damage" is not an indicator TO ME that you played well.  If I see that a flank is open and I go take a peak to make sure our team doesn't get surrounded and I get swarmed/killed, my stats won't be so good but I was trying to help us win - so I'll assess my actions and might feel good about my decision.  Or I could just do the unicum thing and go with the lemmings and let their meat shields protect me/spot for me while I farm damage from the back and then justify my actions by saying that causing damage means you're helping your team.  HA!  

MountainLion1 #25 Posted Sep 11 2019 - 00:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 25089 battles
The Christmas loot boxes are the best way to get premium time and gold, but it seemed to me that last years payout wasn’t as good as the first year was. That could of just been my experience though. I will keep saving my money through out the year to make the Christmas loot box purchase for my account. If Wargaming decides down the road to reduce the payout of the loot boxes, I guess I will have to try out the free to play option on WOT. See y’all on the battlefield.

Volcanic_lobster_220 #26 Posted Sep 11 2019 - 00:42

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8797 battles
100% agree with this post, it's obvious to us all that they don't care, but i wonder how much longer will WG keep giving NA server the short end of the stick, i guarantee you  when the EU or Russia playerbase has complaints, they probably get answers immediately.

goldfinger_555 #27 Posted Sep 11 2019 - 00:54

Captain

• Players
  • 27768 battles
  • [FFWC] FFWC

1st of all, every year people complain no matter what is going on period.

1. Tank rewards: Ya not as good as it was years ago, but not bad and lets admit its better that its back and not great than not available at all.

2. Don't grind for bonds so can't comment.

3. Festival. I couldn't agree more.

4. Sales. Again, couldn't agree more especially the crew sales. Glad you posted the last ones. Wake up WG!

Bonfor #28 Posted Sep 11 2019 - 19:15

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 895 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

Thanks, WC...I almost didn't see this one as I usually don't go into Off Topic...seems like it could have still qualified under General Discussion, or no?

The other issue with this month's Tank Rewards is that there is already so much going on elsewhere, with finishing up Steel Hunter this week and Frontline next week...who has time to also meet the requirements for each tank class per day, assuming they have a tier 9 in each tank class?

Klaatu_Nicto #29 Posted Sep 11 2019 - 22:03

Major

• Players
  • 44051 battles

:izmena::izmena:

__WarChild__ #30 Posted Sep 11 2019 - 22:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 33970 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on Sep 11 2019 - 15:03, said:

:izmena::izmena:

Klaatu has it right!

:izmena:

iguana832 #31 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 07:14

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28233 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
I was going to post about my dismay about the lack of sales. I decided to search the forums first and found this. I am glad I am not the only person who noticed the lack of sales. Hopefully WG gets their head out of their 4$& and start putting items on sale more frequently. 

__WarChild__ #32 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 23:24

Major

• -Players-
  • 33970 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View Postiguana832, on Sep 12 2019 - 00:14, said:

I was going to post about my dismay about the lack of sales. I decided to search the forums first and found this. I am glad I am not the only person who noticed the lack of sales. Hopefully WG gets their head out of their 4$& and start putting items on sale more frequently. 

Amen brother!

__WarChild__ #33 Posted Sep 13 2019 - 15:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 33970 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC
Another weekend goes by with no discounts and NO WORD from WGNA about this subject.

Midwinter_Apathy #34 Posted Sep 13 2019 - 15:59

Captain

• Players
  • 53387 battles
  • [NOBA] NOBA

View Post__WarChild__, on Sep 13 2019 - 16:42, said:

Another weekend goes by with no discounts and NO WORD from WGNA about this subject.

Same all, same all...

Bonfor #35 Posted Sep 13 2019 - 17:02

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 895 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View Post__WarChild__, on Sep 13 2019 - 06:42, said:

But, but...Double Crew XP...that's almost like discounted crew training, right?  I guess WG forgot the part where double crew XP is free to earn, but with discounted crew training we're using up gold instead of hoarding it, or even better, we're buying more gold to take advantage of the crew training discount!  Oh well, more lost revenue for Minsk as we patiently wait it out.

eta: apparently EU is having yet another crew discount weekend: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/611670-why-cant-we-have-these-same-things/

Edited by Bonfor, Sep 13 2019 - 17:23.

__WarChild__ #36 Posted Sep 14 2019 - 05:23

Major

• -Players-
  • 33970 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

I now understand this situation and retract my negative statements on the subject.

Please forgive my ambiguity here. Simply trust that I have the best interests of the playerbase and our Wargaming Texas friends at heart.

Happy Tanking!

__WarChild__

tod914 #37 Posted Sep 14 2019 - 05:50

Major

• Players
  • 65463 battles

View Post__WarChild__, on Sep 13 2019 - 09:42, said:

Turkey Day.  Possibly.  I thought it would of been sooner, but magic 8ball keeps telling me "Try again later".

__WarChild__ #38 Posted Sep 26 2019 - 00:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 33970 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View Post__WarChild__, on Sep 13 2019 - 22:23, said:

I now understand this situation and retract my negative statements on the subject.

Please forgive my ambiguity here. Simply trust that I have the best interests of the playerbase and our Wargaming Texas friends at heart.

Happy Tanking!

__WarChild__

So, a little birdy gave me the head's up about this back then in confidence which I always try to keep.  But today I see the cat is out of the bag!

OCTOBER Preview

"Oct. 10-11: 10-10-10-10 — Get a 10% Credit discount on Tier X vehicles, a 50% Gold discount on Crew training and re-training, and a 50% Gold discount on Skill resets. Special discounts only last 24 hours! "

iguana832 #39 Posted Oct 22 2019 - 00:09

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28233 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

View Post__WarChild__, on Sep 25 2019 - 15:35, said:

So, a little birdy gave me the head's up about this back then in confidence which I always try to keep.  But today I see the cat is out of the bag!

OCTOBER Preview

"Oct. 10-11: 10-10-10-10 — Get a 10% Credit discount on Tier X vehicles, a 50% Gold discount on Crew training and re-training, and a 50% Gold discount on Skill resets. Special discounts only last 24 hours! "

So did the October 10-11 sale go down. I have not played much. losing interest for several reasons. 

GeorgePreddy #40 Posted Oct 22 2019 - 02:30

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View Postiguana832, on Oct 21 2019 - 20:09, said:

So did the October 10-11 sale go down. I have not played much. losing interest for several reasons. 

Sure it did... I trained, re-trained, and/or reset skills on a few dozen crewmembers.  Got several tanks operational including 3 tier tens.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users