Friendly Fi..... Friendly Stun

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Feargrim27 #1 Posted Sep 11 2019 - 23:58

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15211 battles
  • [WOAH7] WOAH7

Today I had a laugh, it occurred to me pretty late that friendly fire being off did not affect friendly stun. What I find mind boggling is how no one thought, or worse they thought and decided not to do anything, that friendly stunning situations would increase.

I played about 100 games in the past 2 weeks and arty simply doesn't care, if you are next to there target they will shoot.. and you will get stunned in the process. I've died a couple times due to friendly stunning.

What kind of ..... is that? I read that they get penalized for friendly stun... WHEN, WHERE?!

Ratnikk #2 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 00:02

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13229 battles
  • [DSRTD] DSRTD
They said that spg players doing that could turn blue from stunning you so basically there is still friendly fire punishment but only for spg players.

alphadogg64 #3 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 00:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1163 battles

View PostRatnikk, on Sep 11 2019 - 23:02, said:

They said that spg players doing that could turn blue from stunning you so basically there is still friendly fire punishment but only for spg players.

And yet, they don't go blue.

cavalry11 #4 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 00:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49387 battles
  • [11BAT] 11BAT
If you weren't so close to enemy tank you would not get stunned. Does not matter if I mark where I am shooting people will not move away, am trying to help team and just get whining.

alphadogg64 #5 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 00:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1163 battles

View Postcavalry11, on Sep 11 2019 - 23:25, said:

If you weren't so close to enemy tank you would not get stunned. Does not matter if I mark where I am shooting people will not move away, am trying to help team and just get whining.

Yeesh?

TastyPastry #6 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 00:40

Captain

• Players
  • 29316 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View Postcavalry11, on Sep 11 2019 - 19:25, said:

While I normally don't support arty players who drown themselves, I would rather have you drown yourself at the start of every match so nobody has to deal with you. 

heavymetal1967 #7 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 01:11

Major

• Players
  • 71958 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostRatnikk, on Sep 11 2019 - 19:02, said:

Friendly "fire" correct.  But they also said.

View PostDomoSapien, on Jul 10 2019 - 14:14, said:

So I've received some additional information that I'd like to share:

All the remaining conditions for blue status will apply, other than team damage since that will no longer be a factor. It will still be possible to turn blue via stuns, overturning allies resulting in their subsequent destruction, drowning allies, pushing allies off of cliffs resulting in their damage or destruction, and crushing allies.

If you choose to drive around in a normal vehicle and harmlessly plink off of your allies, in theory you should not turn blue. However, doing so is considered passive play and may result in sanctions if reported via battle replay.

As I anticipated this topic has generated a substantial amount of feedback, which will be compiled and forwarded to the dev team.

Even with that said, the old automated system (I don't see them tweaking it for just stun tbh) focused more, maybe even solely, on damage.  Pretty sure it predates stun being added to arty.  Honestly if it works on stun (without having been changed) I imagine the threshold is so high the counter would reset before enough got accumulated between matches to matter.

Disable it already WG.

The reason given was so arty couldn't fire with impunity into a morass of tanks duking it out.  Most still will with no consequences aka impunity.

Plus if I'm in non arty and tanks are close in "knife fighting" I can and will fire into the flock hoping to hit the red tank.  If I accidentally hit a teammate then all I"m out is the cost of a shell and a reload cycle.  Are there more opportunities for arty to fire into a flock vs. a non arty.  Doesn't matter the logic is flawed or disingenuous at best.

And...

View Postcavalry11, on Sep 11 2019 - 19:25, said:

I hope that's bait, but just in case...

They don't need to move away as you're there for SUPPORT.  Not to mention the fact that disengaging may very likely be a bad move for them.

It's one thing if you mark your target and an ally charges in - that's on them imo.  But if they're in close fighting and you mark it and think it's their fault if you fire.  :facepalm:

The above if it isn't bait is further proof you should disable it WG.

the_dude_76 #8 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 01:28

Major

• Players
  • 34030 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Postcavalry11, on Sep 11 2019 - 17:25, said:

No one has to move away, after 50k battles if you still don't understand why they are so close you'll obviously never figure it out...

BabyMetals_CheeseBurger #9 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 04:49

Private

• -Players-
  • 17718 battles

*Ally tank very healthy* *Enemy tank down to 10% health*

Arty: Hold the shot, stun behind the enemy or smash them both with a stun?

*chooses the last option regardless*

leeuniverse #10 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 06:34

Major

• Players
  • 38646 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostFeargrim27, on Sep 11 2019 - 15:58, said:

Today I had a laugh, it occurred to me pretty late that friendly fire being off did not affect friendly stun. What I find mind boggling is how no one thought, or worse they thought and decided not to do anything, that friendly stunning situations would increase.

I played about 100 games in the past 2 weeks and arty simply doesn't care, if you are next to there target they will shoot.. and you will get stunned in the process. I've died a couple times due to friendly stunning.

What kind of ..... is that? I read that they get penalized for friendly stun... WHEN, WHERE?!

I told everyone that it was stupid for Wargaming to leave Friendly Arty Stun...

Because Arty players simply DON'T CARE if they hit ally's...

It's not because they are "bad", it's because Wargaming is bad so Arty players are DESPERATE to do well.

Wargaming is BAD because:

- Wargaming won't increase HP levels of tanks so the games last longer, so arty can have a chance to have a decent game.

- Wargaming won't make Arty properly accurate.

- Wargaming won't make proper open maps so arty can have tanks to shoot.

etc.

This is simply more of the incompetence of Wargaming.

Feargrim27 #11 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 11:11

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15211 battles
  • [WOAH7] WOAH7

It's not hard to see that when WG does implement a change, they don't fully review every aspect. I generally don't point a finger at a developer but looking at the last few years...it's evident.

Common guys, it's not that hard.

minneerminneer #12 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 12:45

Captain

• Players
  • 36787 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
I've had multiple "friendly" arty shoot me all game because I was in a 279 because I was "ruining the game" 1 cgc fired at me all game and made us lose doing 0 dmg and insulting me the entire game

Feargrim27 #13 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 13:06

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15211 battles
  • [WOAH7] WOAH7

View Postminneerminneer, on Sep 12 2019 - 06:45, said:

I've had multiple "friendly" arty shoot me all game because I was in a 279 because I was "ruining the game" 1 cgc fired at me all game and made us lose doing 0 dmg and insulting me the entire game

And he didn't turn blue... 

Hello? Devs?

Feargrim27 #14 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 13:07

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15211 battles
  • [WOAH7] WOAH7

View Postcavalry11, on Sep 11 2019 - 18:25, said:

Spoken like a true sub-50%-er.

World of Tanks isn't hard, you just need to learn. Try it sometime.

Edited by Feargrim27, Sep 12 2019 - 13:08.

_Kradok_ #15 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 14:26

Captain

• -Players-
  • 32491 battles
  • [NOPES] NOPES

This angers me.

I play arty 95% of the time...  I don't stun my own players on purpose UNLESS stunning them will kill the circling aggressor who has their flank.  That said, why the hell WG wouldn't make it EASIER for me to turn blue stunning my team is BEYOND STUPID. You've knee-capped me in arty once more, now allowing morons to worsen the reputation arty has already achieved.  

Turn arty blue FASTER and base it solely on stun duration inflicted upon the friendlies.  If you stun your team for X amount of time, you're blue - continue to do so and you get the ban hammer accordingly... 1 hr, 1 day....permanently.

Oh, and limit us to two per side.

K

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users