Why people get so angry about this game (Opinion)

#rage #love

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Maniac57c #1 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 01:18

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 844 battles
  • [FUBU] FUBU

I believe it's due to the fact that almost ALL of us truly love tanks, We all want to be tank heroes and kill everything we see on the battlefield, yet the game simply won't LET us. Skill and such are irrelevant when love is involved. NOBODY is rational in love after all.

I mean, who here doesn't LOVE driving around shooting in a TANK?!?!?

The rage and anger comes from the way the game mechanics hamstring you so often & badly. We all want to hit every shot and make them feel the pain while bouncing everything in return with our amazing steel armor.

Now I'm not excusing rage rants, just saying I understand them better and better the longer the game stays unbalanced and unfair to one side or the other. RNG is truly one savage beyotch, but when it smiles on you, the victim of your blessing is bound to get salty. Lol

Sure we all suffer the same from RNG, but we don't all suffer at the same TIME.

Try to keep this simple idea in mind and maybe rethink all the snarky toxic crap comments next time some poor players comes here to vent his rage at the unfairness of it all.

It's hard to think clearly when you're in love after all.

Just my 2cents

madogthefirst #2 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 01:41

Major

• Players
  • 24377 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC
Just as good an explanation as any.

Flarvin #3 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 01:46

Major

• Players
  • 54428 battles
More like unreal expectations, than love. 

Suicidal_Enemy #4 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 01:54

Captain

• Players
  • 50033 battles

I got tired of saying

this map again!!!!!!

Kliphie #5 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 01:55

Major

• Players
  • 32679 battles
  • [IOC] IOC
If this game used the same mechanics but they were Masey Ferguson Combines instead of Panzers I would be fine. 

spud_tuber #6 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 02:01

Major

• Players
  • 58406 battles

View PostFlarvin, on Sep 11 2019 - 18:46, said:

More like unreal expectations, than love. 

Infatuation, then, maybe? Since that seems to involve a lot of unrealistic expectations...heh

Haruhi_Suzumiya_ #7 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 02:07

Major

• Players
  • 39415 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
Agreed

venom286 #8 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 02:29

Captain

• Players
  • 42820 battles
its the frustration things you know that should pen or hit and it doesnt and getting screwed over  by rng and being hit by arty over and over just to name a few on top of that players that sit there with there thumb up there you know what having no idea of what there doing its a combination of all why i still play this game i have no idea you would think i would want to play a game thats fun to me it can be fun and i like trying to get better and do well it would be alot less stressful if i did not have the stupid goal of mine trying get all the tier 10s except arty and just play  the tanks i like but i want to get this goal over with and then do all that its stupid i know anyways that just some of the things that really set me off 

Edited by venom286, Sep 12 2019 - 02:32.

Troa_Barton #9 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 02:40

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3310 battles
  • [CHMC] CHMC
"An open map with three artillery"

Flarvin #10 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 02:40

Major

• Players
  • 54428 battles

View Postspud_tuber, on Sep 11 2019 - 20:01, said:

Infatuation, then, maybe? Since that seems to involve a lot of unrealistic expectations...heh

I see it as, too many have eros love for WoT. When they should have ludus.

WoT is not the type for a long deep love relationship. Instead WoT is a free sprite, to have fun with as long as it lasts lol

nub2016 #11 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 02:45

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 14412 battles
  • [_915_] _915_
Do the MF's have a cannon on top?

AJABOOBOO #12 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 02:49

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7040 battles
  • [74TH] 74TH

wow 809 battles and clearly a reroll. This is almost Wargaming PR nonsense. Heck WG did get in trouble and has leaked documents stating the practice of community managers creating false accounts to troll the forums.

Either way that is just utter trite.

People get frustrated when the stated AND LISTED in game mechanics and statistics are in fact no where near close as described or explained.

People get frustrated with the BUILT-IN progression limiter that stifles everyones progress based on time played, money spent and individual battle performance in order to manipulate MM, at least, in order to create a sense of under performance and progression stagnation attempting to coerce the player to open the wallet in order to progress at the "normal" rate.

Along with the knowledge that WG does not act in good faith with countless examples and leaked documentation over its checkered past makes people get a little ticked to say the least.

but hey, without context and historical knowledge and experience sure, you could say the used car sales men can be trusted.... i wouldnt.

Edited by AJABOOBOO, Sep 12 2019 - 02:51.

spud_tuber #13 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 02:53

Major

• Players
  • 58406 battles

View Postnub2016, on Sep 11 2019 - 19:45, said:

Do the MF's have a cannon on top?

Sure do.  The cannons shoot plant matter and dust at the reds until their windshields are so dirty and their air intakes so clogged that they can't move anymore.

grizzlydave #14 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 03:12

Private

• Players
  • 34886 battles
Because wargaming had a really  good game , then they started listening to the whiners. you cant tell me the waffle would over powering in the game nowadays. they keep nurfing good tanks  and keep bringing out more premiums, when the old premiums should be brought up to the specs of the game as it is now. pretty bad when a short barreled elc can pen almost every tank and a scorp g  hitting an elec doesn't  kill everyone in that tiny thing. yes I understand its a game and not real. but seriously wargaming just wants everyone money. and I sure don't play as much as I used to because of their greed. ok all you can [edited]at my post now.

Suicidal_Enemy #15 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 03:14

Captain

• Players
  • 50033 battles

View Postgrizzlydave, on Sep 11 2019 - 22:12, said:

Because wargaming had a really  good game , then they started listening to the whiners. you cant tell me the waffle would over powering in the game nowadays. they keep nurfing good tanks  and keep bringing out more premiums, when the old premiums should be brought up to the specs of the game as it is now. pretty bad when a short barreled elc can pen almost every tank and a scorp g  hitting an elec doesn't  kill everyone in that tiny thing. yes I understand its a game and not real. but seriously wargaming just wants everyone money. and I sure don't play as much as I used to because of their greed. ok all you can [edited]at my post now.

Good point.

The whiners ruined the game, for me anyways.

choSenfroZen_1 #16 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 03:27

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6346 battles
  • [GITS] GITS

View PostManiac57c, on Sep 11 2019 - 16:18, said:

I believe it's due to the fact that almost ALL of us truly love tanks, We all want to be tank heroes and kill everything we see on the battlefield, yet the game simply won't LET us. Skill and such are irrelevant when love is involved. NOBODY is rational in love after all.

The rage and anger comes from the way the game mechanics hamstring you so often & badly. We all want to hit every shot and make them feel the pain while bouncing everything in return with our amazing steel armor.

Now I'm not excusing rage rants, just saying I understand them better and better the longer the game stays unbalanced and unfair to one side or the other. RNG is truly one savage beyotch, but when it smiles on you, the victim of your blessing is bound to get salty. Lol

Try to keep this simple idea in mind and maybe rethink all the snarky toxic crap comments next time some poor players comes here to vent his rage at the unfairness of it all.

Just my 2cents

The rage comes from players who make far to much of a mere arcade game. 

Somehow, since they think it is some sort of job that REQUIRES study and practice. That ALL who play SHALL take a mere arcade game seriously.

Somehow this group is under the impression that all who play SHALL play for 1 reason alone, stats and winning. Any person who does not comply is ranted at.

Somehow, this person who spends real money on an arcade game, then actually studies and practices. Worships WN8's and crawls after advice from streamers, is under the impression that they are entitled to get so angry because someone did not meet their playing expectations.

It is a bizarre suspension of reality that causes it. Not realizing that 75% of players could care less about stats, let alone winning or losing. It is just immaterial entertainment. 

This mixture of serious players, with 75% who do not care, drives them nutz, and the anger flows.

I no longer even look at the after game summary, destroyed before the end of the battle. I am in the garage and another game, and rarely bother to see if it was a win or not.

Why, because it is not important. Playing is important, winning is not.

Now, the let the anger flow....

BabyMetals_CheeseBurger #17 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 04:46

Private

• -Players-
  • 17714 battles
"Friendly Fire has been patched but ally stun still exists."

GeorgePreddy #18 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 05:33

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostAJABOOBOO, on Sep 11 2019 - 22:49, said:

WG did get in trouble and has leaked documents stating the practice of community managers creating false accounts to troll the forums.    Citation required !

People get frustrated when the stated AND LISTED in game mechanics and statistics are in fact no where near close as described or explained.  The mechanics in WoT are very good, and well thought out and executed. Nothing wrong with the gun and armor stats either.  A player does need to have a full and complete UNDERSTANDING of them, though.

People get frustrated with the BUILT-IN progression limiter...  What the heck are you even talking about ??

money spent and individual battle performance in order to manipulate MM...   Citation required !

WG does not act in good faith with countless examples...    Citations required !

leaked documentation over its checkered past...    Citation required !

A lot of loose accusations in the above reply... where are the links to some proof.  It's very easy to blithely accuse.

I_QQ_4_U #19 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 05:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 22518 battles
I think it's mostly due to lack of maturity. I can't even fathom getting upset about a video game.

Pipinghot #20 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 06:08

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostManiac57c, on Sep 11 2019 - 19:18, said:

Just my 2cents

You were so close when you said, "The rage and anger comes from the way the game mechanics hamstring you so often & badly." The truth is that it's the other players, not the game mechanics, that hamstring you. What you've completely overlooked is that this game is pure PvP and no one is going to let you win for free. So many players think they're better than they are, because they've played a lot of PvE games, or because they've played PvP games that don't track their stats, and so many players don't understand how much work it takes to get better than other people.

It's easy to get better at a game when it's specifically programmed to make you feel good about your progress, like most PvE games are, most people just have no idea how hard it is to actually get good at a game that is played entirely by other people who also want to win.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users