First Master! Where's the barrel stripe?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

FPTootles #1 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 03:34

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1760 battles
  • [CITW] CITW

I just got my first Master badge on my Dday award French M10!

Is there supposed to be a stripe on the barrel now, or do they all show up after you get three?

I have no idea how to record/request/show a replay.  It wasn't that exciting, I was just camped out and happened to have a lot of tanks roll past my sniper hole.

Good Luck and Have Fun out there!

FPT

GenPanzer #2 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 03:38

Major

• Players
  • 44833 battles
  • [EFFIT] EFFIT

Mastery badges don't reward with stripes on the barrel.

You are looking for Marks of Excellence and it's based on a calculation of your last 100ish battles against whatever the average performance of the server over the last 2 weeks.

alphadogg64 #3 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 03:38

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1163 battles
This is a first, but yes GenPanzer is exactly right

madogthefirst #4 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 03:47

Major

• Players
  • 24626 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC
Marks of Excellence are different from Mastery Class Ace Tanks.

FPTootles #5 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 03:51

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1760 battles
  • [CITW] CITW

Is that the last 100ish battles of that particular vehicle?

Thanks for the replies!

FPT

alphadogg64 #6 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 03:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1163 battles

View PostFPTootles, on Sep 12 2019 - 02:51, said:

Thanks for the replies!

FPT

No, it's a moving percentage that shifts depending on how you perform. Perform better than 65% of all people in that tank and get your first mark, 85% for the second and 95% for the third. It's calculated based off of a combination of damage and assisted damage. 

It's different from mastery in mastery is based off of results in a singular battle, whereas MOE is based off your average performance over a number of battles.

sparky_49 #7 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 08:48

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8620 battles

Mastery badges are based on experience in a single battle, compared to the average of other players in the same tank over the last seven days. If your battle base experience earned is higher than the average of 99% of players for the last week you receive an Ace Tanker Badge. Since Mastery badges are earned with a single high scoring battle, your average experience in that tank doesn't matter. And only base experience counts, any XP multipliers don't help in achieving a Mastery badge.

Marks of Excellence are based on damage rather than experience, and the values being compared are averages that are constantly changing. Your average damage in that tank is updated after each battle, and only the last 100 battles are used for your MOE average. You don't need 100 battles to earn an MOE, but if you have more than 100 battles only the last 100 are considered. Your current moving average is then compared to the average damage of other players in that tank over the last 14 days. If your average reaches 65% or more of other players you get the first MOE. 85% awards you the second mark, and you need 95% to obtain three marks.

Since the average of other players over the last 14 days changes, depending on the skill level and number of players in the tank during that period, the average damage value you need to reach can change some each day. And your average is also changing with each battle. A good battle with high damage raises your MOE average, and battles you don't do as well in lowers your average as you would expect. 

Your battle damage is a combination of actual damage and assisted damage. Assisted damage can be either from critical damage inflicted on an enemy tank, or spotting damage, but only the highest damage of the two is counted for MOE. So for instance if you're tracking opponents resulting in your team mates damaging them, then concentrate on getting tracking damage for the highest damage total toward your mark. If you're mostly getting spotting assist damage then concentrate on that if you're working toward an MOE, at that point tracking some of your opponents will of course increase your assisted damage total but won't help in your MOE average. If you've gotten mostly spotting assist damage in that battle it would be better to pen them for actual damage rather than track them for assisted damage. The former will add to your MOE average, the latter will not.

GenPanzer #8 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 12:44

Major

• Players
  • 44833 battles
  • [EFFIT] EFFIT

View PostFPTootles, on Sep 11 2019 - 21:51, said:

Thanks for the replies!

FPT

Yes. Why would you think it's not?

FPTootles #9 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 18:13

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1760 battles
  • [CITW] CITW

View PostGenPanzer, on Sep 12 2019 - 12:44, said:

Yes. Why would you think it's not?

Appreciate all the replies, the answer to this particular one is because I'm relatively new and just not all that bright.

Again thanks to all for the explanations.  GL&HF

-FPT

dunniteowl #10 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 22:15

Major

• -Players-
  • 31437 battles

View PostFPTootles, on Sep 11 2019 - 20:34, said:

I just got my first Master badge on my Dday award French M10!

Is there supposed to be a stripe on the barrel now, or do they all show up after you get three?

I have no idea how to record/request/show a replay.  It wasn't that exciting, I was just camped out and happened to have a lot of tanks roll past my sniper hole.

Good Luck and Have Fun out there!

FPT

A Mastery Badge is Different than a Gun Mark, which is when you get barrel rings, marks, stripes, stars, etc.

Read this, it should explain all you really need to know for now.

Achievements

It explains all badges and gun marks.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users