Steel Thunder - HK groups (not Hong Kong)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

1ST_AD_Abrams #1 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 06:59

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3223 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

I read on reddit that this is a huge problem in steel thunder and that we are suppose to report it.  The problem is they have one easy excuse as to why they didn't attack each other, they were focusing on a known weak player or one with damage already.

I have seen about 10-15 matches over the last 3 days where tanks will:

*One radio detects you then a second nearby would and they kept doing this while trying close off exit points, yet when they were in sight of each other they took no action.

*This I saw twice tonight where the tanks were right next to each other and never attacked the other as if they had already agreed

*Another 2 more games from tonight saw the same thing as two tanks would follow but never fire at each other.

It is bad enough just trying to keep your head above water in Steel Hunter but even harder to do it when they are pulling the Hunter-Killer routine covertly.  So what can one do?  I thought monkey see monkey do (this is not a racial or ethnic comment, a phrase from the USA) but then I thought no I am not going to resort to what WG says is cheating/exploit after all maybe they think they are safe doing this and being allowed to so at the end of the event they can show them we caught you 10 times doing this, so say goodbye to your account or something.

GenPanzer #2 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 12:52

Major

• Players
  • 44550 battles
  • [EFFIT] EFFIT

Install the replay mod (yes, I know it's stupid that WE have to install a mod to record the battles).

Take screenshots of the leaderboard after the suspicious battle.

Watch any suspicious battle, taking any other additional screenshots.

Then fill out a support ticket attaching the replay and any screenshots. WG will enforce their own rules if you do your due diligence (again, I know it's stupid that WE have to do all this work to catch cheaters, but it is what it is).

I am pretty sure I got 2 ppl a 3 day ban, as I watched their account activity after the fact.

Mojo_Riesing #3 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 15:31

Captain

• Players
  • 19941 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS
People are still playing Steel Hunter?

CanadianPuppy #4 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 15:33

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 414 battles

Here's some possible reasons that aren't cheating.

Low HP player: Easy kill

Two tanks following w/o firing: Possibly out of ammunition and racing to find some

Two tanks just sitting there: Out of ammunition

Higher HP players killing a low HP player: Easy kill and some extra EXP for the fragger, better to brawl w/ the other higher HP tank

JA_Pinkerton #5 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 15:59

Major

• Players
  • 33016 battles

View PostMojo_Riesing, on Sep 12 2019 - 09:31, said:

People are still playing Steel Hunter?

Believe it, or not.

jamesdoz #6 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 17:44

Major

• Players
  • 39142 battles
  • [AMOX] AMOX

View Post1ST_AD_Abrams, on Sep 12 2019 - 00:59, said:

I read on reddit that this is a huge problem in steel thunder and that we are suppose to report it.  The problem is they have one easy excuse as to why they didn't attack each other, they were focusing on a known weak player or one with damage already.

I have seen about 10-15 matches over the last 3 days where tanks will:

*One radio detects you then a second nearby would and they kept doing this while trying close off exit points, yet when they were in sight of each other they took no action.

*This I saw twice tonight where the tanks were right next to each other and never attacked the other as if they had already agreed

*Another 2 more games from tonight saw the same thing as two tanks would follow but never fire at each other.

It is bad enough just trying to keep your head above water in Steel Hunter but even harder to do it when they are pulling the Hunter-Killer routine covertly.  So what can one do?  I thought monkey see monkey do (this is not a racial or ethnic comment, a phrase from the USA) but then I thought no I am not going to resort to what WG says is cheating/exploit after all maybe they think they are safe doing this and being allowed to so at the end of the event they can show them we caught you 10 times doing this, so say goodbye to your account or something.

The fact that you have to explain a perfectly fine phrase in a proper context just goes to show how far we have gone off the deep end.

jamesdoz #7 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 17:45

Major

• Players
  • 39142 battles
  • [AMOX] AMOX

View PostJA_Pinkerton, on Sep 12 2019 - 09:59, said:

Believe it, or not.

It is a fun mode, If I played Wot more then 20 mins a week I would have played it long after I beat it last week. Even while playing to get to 25, I still only played maybe 2 hours every 3 days. That is a lot for the last 18 months for me.

1ST_AD_Abrams #8 Posted Sep 13 2019 - 05:04

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3223 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

The problem is I have the mod installed and I really can't prove anything.  They had ammo to get me so I do know it isn't an ammo issue.  They even by passed an ammunition circle to follow me.  I stay away, far away from the parachute drops.  Something about the dynamics of the tanks in this SH thing that makes it even harder to hit enemy tanks many shots drop or simply do no damage.  Yes some of it is due to a lack of skill on my part.  However when aiming for the areas the mode says are vulnerable nothing really happens.

They also have a map issue on one, where you can't choose the spawning point.  The far right one doesn't show up as selectable while the one in the middle left does.  I also wish I knew how they choose your random start point.  I would like to see them put those who have the 30, 40, 50k worth of battles closer to each other and start the other people who are weaker further out.

However I am just trying to get to the end for those free 3 days of premium.  Just is frustrating to see what sure looks like tag team/hk group of tanks (1-3) and not really able to prove it, even with replay.  I highly doubt WG is going to do anything about it now or in the future.

Oh well cheating I guess is the name of the game right next to buy your way to winning.

Imspotting #9 Posted Sep 13 2019 - 05:38

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 33298 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

View Post1ST_AD_Abrams, on Sep 13 2019 - 05:04, said:

The problem is I have the mod installed and I really can't prove anything.  They had ammo to get me so I do know it isn't an ammo issue.  They even by passed an ammunition circle to follow me.  I stay away, far away from the parachute drops.  Something about the dynamics of the tanks in this SH thing that makes it even harder to hit enemy tanks many shots drop or simply do no damage.  Yes some of it is due to a lack of skill on my part.  However when aiming for the areas the mode says are vulnerable nothing really happens.

They also have a map issue on one, where you can't choose the spawning point.  The far right one doesn't show up as selectable while the one in the middle left does.  I also wish I knew how they choose your random start point.  I would like to see them put those who have the 30, 40, 50k worth of battles closer to each other and start the other people who are weaker further out.

However I am just trying to get to the end for those free 3 days of premium.  Just is frustrating to see what sure looks like tag team/hk group of tanks (1-3) and not really able to prove it, even with replay.  I highly doubt WG is going to do anything about it now or in the future.

Oh well cheating I guess is the name of the game right next to buy your way to winning.

I played the mode quite a lot and came across clear teaming only once and in that case the two of them were simply going around together looking for other people to shoot at. That being said i have had tens of times where two tanks are firing at me and not each other easily attributed to me being the easier shot/kill and teaming usually ruled out easily.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users