Epic Loss - Need advice or what would you do ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Atragon #1 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 12:29

Major

• Players
  • 43448 battles

If you can review with replay with the new patch, I would like advice on how I could have won this.

http://wotreplays.eu...ragon-conqueror

Mistakes made:

Too much gold spam early on when it wasn't needed.

Possibly not going into warehouses not wanting to spar with Type-4

What would you have done differently at the end ???

No complaints as I realize I made some crucial mistakes. I take the blame for the loss.

Edited by Atragon, Sep 12 2019 - 12:30.

KingofDragons #2 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 14:23

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 24437 battles
Not being able to pen that Type cost the game... There's a lot of * maybe if * but every game is suppose to be a learning experience... Not sure if i would have tried to cap with their arty still alive and a possible spotter still running around..

Projectile_Misfired #3 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 17:15

Major

• Players
  • 38390 battles

Even though it was a loss, it was still a good game.

As for what I think you could have done differently, you mentioned it already. You used up your Premium ammo too soon.

So, if it were me in that situation, I would have switched to regular ammo when going to the field. My thoughts as to why is that I figured I should be able to pen most of the tanks I'd see there. And, when the 110 showed up, I would have switched back to Premium while dealing with it. That should have left at least 3 Premium rounds available at the end when having to face the Type 4. 

I probably would have also faked going to their cap and, instead, went to a defensive position at yours. 

And, when the Type 4 was spotted near the end and there was no way for either side to cap-out, I would have tried extra hard to hide behind that cover and force a draw. I don't think arty could have splashed enough to finish you off. I would have still kept firing HE at the Type 4, if anything, to hopefully track him, break his engine or kill his Driver and/or any other crew-member....anything to keep him from getting close enough for a decent shot.

Atragon #4 Posted Sep 13 2019 - 11:39

Major

• Players
  • 43448 battles

View PostProjectile_Misfired, on Sep 12 2019 - 11:15, said:

Even though it was a loss, it was still a good game.

As for what I think you could have done differently, you mentioned it already. You used up your Premium ammo too soon.

So, if it were me in that situation, I would have switched to regular ammo when going to the field. My thoughts as to why is that I figured I should be able to pen most of the tanks I'd see there. And, when the 110 showed up, I would have switched back to Premium while dealing with it. That should have left at least 3 Premium rounds available at the end when having to face the Type 4. 

I probably would have also faked going to their cap and, instead, went to a defensive position at yours. 

And, when the Type 4 was spotted near the end and there was no way for either side to cap-out, I would have tried extra hard to hide behind that cover and force a draw. I don't think arty could have splashed enough to finish you off. I would have still kept firing HE at the Type 4, if anything, to hopefully track him, break his engine or kill his Driver and/or any other crew-member....anything to keep him from getting close enough for a decent shot.

Im leaning towards what you said. Just wish there was more time on the clock to maybe work the type 4 at our side of the map and then go take arty.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users