equipment variance

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

bbarton #1 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 14:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 35996 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

The Progetto and the Panterra have very different guns, Progetto has a 90/50 T119E1 and the Panterra has a 90/74, yet the gun stats. are identical. This does not make sense to me. 

The Panterra's barrel is about 31% longer than the Progetto's, different barrels have different statistics.  I think the the Panterra should have lower dispersion, higher penetration, and a faster round.  Even if these changes where made, I think the Progetto would still be the preffered tank because it is a premium and more profitable, even though the Panterra has a better gun.

As I understand it the Progetto was an experimental tank, and the Panterra was a production model. If this were the case would not the Panterra have an improved or an identical loading mechanism?

The Panterra is taller than the Progetto, It would make sense to me that it would have a better view range?

Bottom line is, let the statistics reflect the equipment, similar is not the same.       For your consideration.

Edited by bbarton, Sep 12 2019 - 14:51.

Lucudus58 #2 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 15:03

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21354 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

View Postbbarton, on Sep 12 2019 - 14:46, said:

The Progetto and the Panterra have very different guns, Progetto has a 90/50 T119E1 and the Panterra has a 90/74, yet the gun stats. are identical. This does not make sense to me. 

The Panterra's barrel is about 31% longer than the Progetto's, different barrels have different statistics.  I think the the Panterra should have lower dispersion, higher penetration, and a faster round.  Even if these changes where made, I think the Progetto would still be the preffered tank because it is a premium and more profitable, even though the Panterra has a better gun.

As I understand it the Progetto was an experimental tank, and the Panterra was a production model. If this were the case would not the Panterra have an improved or an identical loading mechanism?

The Panterra is taller than the Progetto, It would make sense to me that it would have a better view range?

Bottom line is, let the statistics reflect the equipment, similar is not the same.       For your consideration.

I have the Panterra and it is a great tank

KRZYBooP #3 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 18:17

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3881 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

I went through and compared the two tanks and while the guns are similar, however, they aren't 100% Identical. 

Pantera has the same pen and damage, but worse dispersion by .2, but also has better armor and mobility compared to the Progetto. In addition the Pantera has two rounds in it's auto re-loader and not three. 

The Pantera seems to be balanced by trading some DPM for the ability to  survive, This gives a player a decision to make considering their play style. 

I do appreciate your feedback on the Pantera, and hope the above information is seen as a "this is my opinion on how it was balanced," and nothing more. 

TheChang #4 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 21:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 29018 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

The Pantera DOES have 3 shells with the elite turret. Both are excellent vehicles, though I prefer the Progetto for the smaller size, despite having reduced engine power and top speed (the Progetto has much better ground resistances though, which partially negates the difference). The elite turret also changes some of the gun handling stats, such as final dispersion, making it equal to the Progetto. The Progetto also has 10m more view range, and .5 seconds shorter intra-clip (2.5 on the Pantera compared to 2 seconds on the Progetto). 

Insanefriend #5 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 22:30

Captain

• Players
  • 45838 battles

View PostTheChang, on Sep 12 2019 - 14:51, said:

The Pantera DOES have 3 shells with the elite turret. Both are excellent vehicles, though I prefer the Progetto for the smaller size, despite having reduced engine power and top speed (the Progetto has much better ground resistances though, which partially negates the difference). The elite turret also changes some of the gun handling stats, such as final dispersion, making it equal to the Progetto. The Progetto also has 10m more view range, and .5 seconds shorter intra-clip (2.5 on the Pantera compared to 2 seconds on the Progetto). 

You forgot to add the shell reload on the panterra punishes you a lot harder for shooting two shells.   As the panterra reloads are 7.67/9.59/10.55s vs 7.67/8.63/11.51s for the progetto.

Volcanic_lobster_220 #6 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 23:24

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8187 battles

VERY good tank and i enjoy mine, BUT i've played a Progetto 46 rental and i have to say the smaller profile and faster unloading time makes it the better tank to play in a lottttt of cases/situations. 

Side note not to mention the look of the tank would've been more natural for the Italian line but purposely they made it a premium tank instead :/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users