Camo

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

snailcrusher #1 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 16:58

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3169 battles

Hi Everyone,

I recently won an All Season Camo for my Tanks.

It's bright orange and black.  It's doesn't really seem like camo.  Makes me stand out

Am I the only one who can see it?  I don't see any other Tanks with it.

Also when I am on winter maps, it disappears.

Any explanations?

Thank You

Vulcan_Spectre #2 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 17:00

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4878 battles
  • [TCM] TCM
It's 'camo' cause it gives a camo bonus, I'm not using it rn cause it looks ugly as F

Peak_Bagger #3 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 17:17

Captain

• -Players-
  • 19800 battles
  • [-T1B-] -T1B-

View Postsnailcrusher, on Sep 12 2019 - 16:58, said:

Hi Everyone,

I recently won an All Season Camo for my Tanks.

It's bright orange and black.  It's doesn't really seem like camo.  Makes me stand out

Am I the only one who can see it?  I don't see any other Tanks with it.

Also when I am on winter maps, it disappears.

Any explanations?

Thank You

The actual colour/look of the camo is irrelevant, except for aesthetics. It provides you with the camo bonus in every season. Everyone else does see it and sees how awesome your tanks look in it. Don't hesitate to use the camo if you have it.

MiddleAgedNoob #4 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 17:33

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 18114 battles
  • [MARV] MARV

View PostPeak_Bagger, on Sep 12 2019 - 11:17, said:

The actual colour/look of the camo is irrelevant, except for aesthetics. It provides you with the camo bonus in every season. Everyone else does see it and sees how awesome your tanks look in it. Don't hesitate to use the camo if you have it.

Here's the guide on 'exterior customization': https://worldoftanks.com/en/content/guide/general/customization-guide/  Note that, according to the guide, the display of non-histrorical camo is blocked by default in the client.  You need to toggle a switch to see it, but your choice does not affect the choices of others.  Blocking or non blocking, historical/non-historical has no game mechanic impact, although like the OP, I wonder if the Fire camo on my AMX 12T is a little too eye-catching.  

GLHF

sunes #5 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 17:57

Corporal

• Players
  • 9039 battles
  • [TEACH] TEACH

You need to disable this.

+ when applying the camo you need to click on the left and apply it to all summer/winter/autumn seasons

Edited by sunes, Sep 12 2019 - 17:58.

Jhuderis #6 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 20:58

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5642 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
I was curious about this and ended up with my "fire" camo in a game with a well known streamer. So I checked out the stream and definitely couldn't see the fire on my tank (same team). So, if I understand correctly, that would be because HE had it turned off with the historical elements check, not me, and that the enemies without the box checked would indeed see me as fire orange? That really does seem to make you easier to track once you're spotted. I also don't recall seeing those camos on enemy players, though I see them often enough on my own team. Sure it isn't blocked for the opposing team full time?

dunniteowl #7 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 23:18

Major

• -Players-
  • 31291 battles

No, you might not notice it on the other team as it's completely possible to end up on the opposite side of the map from where any other Red Team Player having those cool colored skins on them, even if you've checked the box.  I do know that, from an SPG overhead view (I do not have that box checked) I can see blue, red, orange, green, even a yellow one or two tank on Red Team or Green Team.

Your take on how it works sounds correct.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users