Codes

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Mojo_Riesing #21 Posted Sep 13 2019 - 16:01

Captain

• Players
  • 20238 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS
Well, i'm sorry but it's just kind of a dopey idea for a non-problem.  I'm a pro-Union kinda guy, but this is a no-go.

Sturm_Teufel #22 Posted Sep 13 2019 - 16:08

Major

• Players
  • 48549 battles
  • [-P-] -P-
Let's face it. CODES SUCK. Codes suck crap crusted goat scrot, just like WG does for not giving the NA community the actual sales/discount we have been asking about/for for months. Hey WG, maybe actually try to please your player base by listening to us and communicating with us openly. Until then WG, go choke on a goat scrot. A crap crusted goat scrot.:great:

Projectile_Misfired #23 Posted Sep 13 2019 - 16:11

Major

• Players
  • 38695 battles

One word could solve all the mission issues: "FILTERS".

WG could update the missions and their MISSIONS filter to allow players to 'Hide' specific missions and/or mission sections. This would reduce the "clutter". And, as a result, WG could 'activate' all missions, by default, so players won't have to enter in codes.

I, for one, don't play in tournaments. Before they required codes, they were automatically active in a 'section' in my MISSIONS tab, that I kept minimized. Not that it bothered me, but I would have to sometimes scroll passed them in order to see other available mission sections. But, if WG went back to automatically activating them again but gave me the option to 'hide' them, I wouldn't have to see them and everyone that plays tournaments wouldn't miss out by forgetting to enter the codes.

And, part of the change would be to allow players to view "hidden" missions. That way, they could, if they changed their mind later, have them displayed. 

The only thing that I think WG should do with the filters that others may issues with is, if a mission/section is hidden, the player doesn't get credit if they happened to complete the requirements. For example, if I decided to hide the "Hunt the Sheriffs" mission, or even the "Other Missions" section, and I happened to kill an active 'deputy', I wouldn't get credit for completing the requirements and, therefore, wouldn't get the 250 Gold.

I would really like this ability(not for the Sheriffs mission) to be able to 'disable' the "any tank" x5 missions that we sometimes get(like from the Twitch Care Packages) when I decide to play Premium tanks for a bit. That way, I can save those x5 missions for the tech-tree tanks.

SparkyGT #24 Posted Sep 13 2019 - 16:12

Major

• Players
  • 51803 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-
Dont worry, im finding the hard way about my Tiger C problem, went to asia account for some stupid reason, so cant do the missions,  WG doesnt care how much money i have spent and wont fix it. Codes are way annoying

SlappedbyRommel #25 Posted Sep 13 2019 - 17:05

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10125 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE
Oh nice I can be the Treasurer please send $25 to my PayPal account and I will make sure you get all the union support you need man that trip to Fiji needs to be booked in a few months.:great:

madogthefirst #26 Posted Sep 13 2019 - 17:12

Major

• Players
  • 24711 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Sep 13 2019 - 06:27, said:

and the complaints about missions tracking started after they jacked up the stupid UI to make it look like an iPad app that you had to scroll through with your feet.

just like the depot, with all those stupid giant icons...

their ux designer obviously came from the iStore, and their map designer came from Dota (or they are ripping both off)

I badly miss the old store/depot, can't even go to the store page and see all tank you can buy that are not premiums. I just wanted to see what tanks I still have Christmas discounts on.

bad_73 #27 Posted Sep 13 2019 - 17:13

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1527 battles

View Post_Tsavo_, on Sep 13 2019 - 14:37, said:

Didn't the codes start because players were complaining of too many missions to keep track of?  

No..it was wgs tournament page that took up so much of the first page

Vulcan_Spectre #28 Posted Sep 13 2019 - 17:16

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5438 battles
  • [TCM] TCM

Nobody:

You: let's form a union

WGNA: welp, it's ban hammer time

In reality op what do you think this will do? It's not like they actually have to listen to you, they'll just ignore. I however am content with vodes

bad_73 #29 Posted Sep 13 2019 - 17:16

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1527 battles

View PostInsanefriend, on Sep 13 2019 - 14:28, said:

To all fellow players out there, I am looking for input on if it's worth trying to start and coordinate a WGNA players union to try to show Wargamming that we can only stand codes for events for so long.  The goal would simply be to get enough of the player base mobilized to show that enough players as a whole are unhappy with the codes for all events.  

The goal would be to get enough players to stay away and not play on one day so Wargamming has a visible metric of just how many players are willing to take action.  This would hopefully make them take notice and stop with the code nonsense.  

I know the chances of Wargamming giving a crap about it are slim.  But at this point what other option do we as players have to try to get the company to respect the player base?  

And when we get this union,we can also get together and put the squeeze on the gas industry ,boycotting certain gas dealers every week while we get our gas at the other stations that are waiting for their rotation to come up.

The_Illusive_Man #30 Posted Sep 13 2019 - 17:19

Major

• -Players-
  • 13326 battles
The only union we need is Players Against Imbalance.

DrWho_ #31 Posted Sep 13 2019 - 20:26

Major

• -Players-
  • 25724 battles

View Postheavymetal1967, on Sep 13 2019 - 15:40, said:

Yes and ironically our kindly code benefactor was one of the individuals who took credit for their inception.

And ditto to CandadianPuppy and then add on top of that most oldschool Soviet's view on such things.  And Austin's apparent disdain for their own (i.e. codes, the consistent failures with same, lack of sales, so on and so forth) it seems a fruitless endeavor.  

A few tunes seem to be in order. 

You missed one of the best and yes I am ....

Hellsfog #32 Posted Sep 13 2019 - 20:30

Major

• Players
  • 38287 battles
Can I be a union delegate?

top_rookie #33 Posted Sep 13 2019 - 21:12

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4087 battles
  • [WGS-A] WGS-A
good luck

Tao_Te_Tomato #34 Posted Sep 13 2019 - 22:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 27734 battles
  • [TER] TER

View PostHellsfog, on Sep 13 2019 - 20:30, said:

Can I be a union delegate?

Shop steward.  

venom286 #35 Posted Sep 14 2019 - 02:35

Captain

• Players
  • 43458 battles
ill sign up for that 

BlackFive #36 Posted Sep 14 2019 - 04:40

Major

• Players
  • 36421 battles
  • [_E_] _E_

View Post_Tsavo_, on Sep 13 2019 - 14:37, said:

Didn't the codes start because players were complaining of too many missions to keep track of?  

This is why a pure democracy is problematic

http://nymag.com/int...nd_gestur.html 

also this:

Block Quote

• Up twinkles or simply twinkles are both hands raised with fingers pointing up and being wiggled. Twinkles indicates agreement with what is being said. This handsignal was borrowed from the Green Party, who borrowed it from the ASL word for applause.
  • Flat hands means that you are not sure, not for, or not against. One may be asked to clarify one's position.
  • Down twinkles are arms raised but showing the back of both hands with fingers pointing down and wiggling. Down twinkles indicate disagreement with what is being said. One will be asked by the facilitator to clarify one's objection. In Occupy Boston (possibly other sites), down twinkles go by the alternate name of "squid fingers".[12]
  • Direct response is both hands moving alternately front to back on each side of the head and directed at an individual. Direct response indicates that critical information was missing from something that was just said.
  • Clarifying question is a single hand formed in the shape of a C. Clarifying question means that someone has a question that needs to be answered before that person can vote on an issue.
  • Point of process is a triangle formed by two hands with the index fingers touching and the thumbs touching to form a triangle shape. Point of process means that the conversation has strayed from the original topic.
  • Wrap it up is both hands moved in a circular motion about each other. It means that the speaker should make his or her points and finish speaking.
  • Raise the roof is both hands with palms facing up being moved up and down above shoulder level. Raise the roof means to speak up.
  • Hard block is holding arms up and crossed. This indicates a firm opposition to the proposal, a break from the consensus that cannot be supported by this individual.

Twinkles and down twinkles are referred to as a "temperature check". They indicate if a group is getting close to consensus. Twinkles are also known as "sparkle" or "jazz hands" or spirit fingers.

Edited by BlackFive, Sep 14 2019 - 04:42.

Tao_Te_Tomato #37 Posted Sep 14 2019 - 08:26

Major

• -Players-
  • 27734 battles
  • [TER] TER

View PostBlackFive, on Sep 14 2019 - 04:40, said:

This is why a pure democracy is problematic

http://nymag.com/int...nd_gestur.html 

also this:

• Up twinkles or simply twinkles are both hands raised with fingers pointing up and being wiggled. Twinkles indicates agreement with what is being said. This handsignal was borrowed from the Green Party, who borrowed it from the ASL word for applause.
  • Flat hands means that you are not sure, not for, or not against. One may be asked to clarify one's position.
  • Down twinkles are arms raised but showing the back of both hands with fingers pointing down and wiggling. Down twinkles indicate disagreement with what is being said. One will be asked by the facilitator to clarify one's objection. In Occupy Boston (possibly other sites), down twinkles go by the alternate name of "squid fingers".[12]
  • Direct response is both hands moving alternately front to back on each side of the head and directed at an individual. Direct response indicates that critical information was missing from something that was just said.
  • Clarifying question is a single hand formed in the shape of a C. Clarifying question means that someone has a question that needs to be answered before that person can vote on an issue.
  • Point of process is a triangle formed by two hands with the index fingers touching and the thumbs touching to form a triangle shape. Point of process means that the conversation has strayed from the original topic.
  • Wrap it up is both hands moved in a circular motion about each other. It means that the speaker should make his or her points and finish speaking.
  • Raise the roof is both hands with palms facing up being moved up and down above shoulder level. Raise the roof means to speak up.
  • Hard block is holding arms up and crossed. This indicates a firm opposition to the proposal, a break from the consensus that cannot be supported by this individual.

Twinkles and down twinkles are referred to as a "temperature check". They indicate if a group is getting close to consensus. Twinkles are also known as "sparkle" or "jazz hands" or spirit fingers.

What in the name of sweet bleeding RNGeezus is all that?  Do I need to click on the link to find out??????  :amazed:

Also tagged with Codes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users