Balance Wheeled Vehicles Hydropneumatic Suspension EBR STRV

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Systemrename190 #1 Posted Sep 13 2019 - 20:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 17833 battles
  • [NOD-] NOD-

These days when I look at the forum, it's clogged with people saying that the game is "not balanced enough". Those people who complain about the game being not balanced enough can clearly see this obvious problem, but they never look closely enough at it. Really what the problem is is the game is too balanced. Please, allow me to explain. No matter what maneuver you try in this game, there is always some tank on the enemy team designed to counter that, and the whole match sometimes depends on that. Also, have you seen the maps lately?  It looks like the developers decided where the spawns would be, drew a line between them, and made only one half of the map, then mirrored it. That is way too balanced. The different sides of the map should have different advantages and drawbacks, not be the exact same.

Many people are unhappy with the introduction of wheeled vehicles. I personally don't think they start hurting the game until tier nine, when they are just too fast for the server to handle. They move so quickly, the server can't handle it and sometimes the shells glitch right through. I'm surprised nobody gets kicked for sending too many packets. The Lynx 6x6, which I own, is not much of a problem, and things only break down a little bit at 80 km/h. But the EBR 90 and Panhard EBR 105 travel at game-break speeds of 90 and 100 km/h. When they are in cruise mode, it is 70 and 80 km/h. 80 is when the game starts to break a little bit, at 90 it breaks a lot, and at 100 it breaks too much to be even remotely appropriate.

What will the future of exploits look like? Well I can already begin to imagine the future of Advances. An entire team of EBR 105s could make an incredible lag machine, and that would make the enemy team (who is likely to be out of practice fighting in extreme lag conditions) really vulnerable. So the future of WoT at this rate is one where in random battles, everyone is always camping, (and this seems to be happening already) because whenever someone gets impatient and moves, he is dead, because there is something to counter everything. The future of WoT may be full of exploits outside of random battles, and invisible walls on all of the maps, forcing players to be in tiny boxes made by the developers.

So what should the future of WoT look like? Well, personally, I really hate the existence of paper  tanks. I think that WoT should start an experimental server where they go back to the beta, and make different decisions on where the game should go from there. WoT was a very fun game and still is (unless you are playing most of the tanks they still have) and had a lot more potential than it does now. I look forward to  hearing your comments!

Steeler_Nation_USA #2 Posted Sep 13 2019 - 20:19

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1311 battles
You made some good points. I won't even touch the EBR issue since some people have an EBR poster above their bed. But anywho, i am surprised how small and limited maps continue to be. You would think they would put more emphasis on this then festivals and reskins but it is what it is. At the very least they could do something that Warships has and that is introduce weather into the equation and at least make the maps look and hopefully play a bit differently. The game is much different 4-5, vs 6-8 and obviously 8-10 searching for that level of balance and fair play. What you are describing seems to be a complete rework. If anything it seems the life cycle of this game at least on NA is winding down and unless they post a Dev road map, it seems they will continue on the same ole path tell the last whale turns off the lights. I guess they could always do a Armored Warfare type spinoff with modern vehicles and create a totally new game which could be cool. 

Edited by Steeler_Nation_USA, Sep 13 2019 - 20:49.

Markd73 #3 Posted Sep 13 2019 - 20:21

Major

• Players
  • 32795 battles

View PostSystemrename190, on Sep 13 2019 - 19:07, said:

These days when I look at the forum, it's clogged with people saying that the game is "not balanced enough". Those people who complain about the game being not balanced enough can clearly see this obvious problem, but they never look closely enough at it. Really what the problem is is the game is too balanced. Please, allow me to explain. No matter what maneuver you try in this game, there is always some tank on the enemy team designed to counter that, and the whole match sometimes depends on that. Also, have you seen the maps lately?  It looks like the developers decided where the spawns would be, drew a line between them, and made only one half of the map, then mirrored it. That is way too balanced. The different sides of the map should have different advantages and drawbacks, not be the exact same.

Many people are unhappy with the introduction of wheeled vehicles. I personally don't think they start hurting the game until tier nine, when they are just too fast for the server to handle. They move so quickly, the server can't handle it and sometimes the shells glitch right through. I'm surprised nobody gets kicked for sending too many packets. The Lynx 6x6, which I own, is not much of a problem, and things only break down a little bit at 80 km/h. But the EBR 90 and Panhard EBR 105 travel at game-break speeds of 90 and 100 km/h. When they are in cruise mode, it is 70 and 80 km/h. 80 is when the game starts to break a little bit, at 90 it breaks a lot, and at 100 it breaks too much to be even remotely appropriate.

What will the future of exploits look like? Well I can already begin to imagine the future of Advances. An entire team of EBR 105s could make an incredible lag machine, and that would make the enemy team (who is likely to be out of practice fighting in extreme lag conditions) really vulnerable. So the future of WoT at this rate is one where in random battles, everyone is always camping, (and this seems to be happening already) because whenever someone gets impatient and moves, he is dead, because there is something to counter everything. The future of WoT may be full of exploits outside of random battles, and invisible walls on all of the maps, forcing players to be in tiny boxes made by the developers.

So what should the future of WoT look like? Well, personally, I really hate the existence of paper  tanks. I think that WoT should start an experimental server where they go back to the beta, and make different decisions on where the game should go from there. WoT was a very fun game and still is (unless you are playing most of the tanks they still have) and had a lot more potential than it does now. I look forward to  hearing your comments!

Interesting post. I would think that the overall size of the maps (relatively small) and the fact that historically WOT players are older and are less interested/have less ability in twitch shooter mechanics is as valid as a slow server.

Some interesting ideas in the overall post.

+1

SparkyGT #4 Posted Sep 13 2019 - 20:29

Major

• Players
  • 51545 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-
i like some of the old imbalanced maps, everything doesnt have to have an equal rock and bush.    dragon ridge and pearl river need to come back, before they were messed with, sometimes players were in wrong spots, but at least you werent funneled down a chute

Lucudus58 #5 Posted Sep 13 2019 - 20:34

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21648 battles
  • [CLASS] CLASS

View PostSystemrename190, on Sep 13 2019 - 20:07, said:

The men playing the game make it bad

SimplyPzB2 #6 Posted Sep 13 2019 - 20:45

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 105 battles

wheeled vehicles are a broken mechanic.  It's not that they are just way too fast, it's that they bounce more shots than any other class of tanks AND you can't track them AND they get autoaim AND they have relatively high alpha.  

-

I mean the can 'turn around with the lead'.  Which shouldn't be possible.  What does this mean?  This means they move so fast that I have to 'lead my shot' by 'x' distance, BUT they can turn 180 within that 'x' distance.  So if I'm leading them, and I get the lead just right and pull the trigger, they can turn on a dime and make my perfectly lead miss.

Naproxeno_ #7 Posted Sep 13 2019 - 20:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8484 battles
  • [HUMO] HUMO
Interesting post.
As for World of Tanks, I think some of the decisions they made perhaps, just my honest opinion, are not what the community was expecting in terms of balance. Lots of problems regarding the arty´s mechanics, the friend damage, the match maker, +2/-2 or +1/-1; every new premium tier 8 they insert in the game... well... All this is recognized for everyone who plays this game. Let it not be supposed, from what I have just said, that I am detailing any mistery haha but I think, in the end, every part of this imbalance brings us a different kind of experience. Changes, rng, stranges battles... You don´t know what is going to happen when you press "battle" ;)

Markd73 #8 Posted Sep 13 2019 - 21:31

Major

• Players
  • 32795 battles

View PostLucudus58, on Sep 13 2019 - 19:34, said:

Stop beating yourself up. You can get better if you just work at it.

GWyatt #9 Posted Sep 13 2019 - 21:56

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4109 battles
  • [VAN] VAN

View PostNaproxeno_, on Sep 13 2019 - 14:55, said:

… are not what the community was expecting in terms of balance ...

I think you are right in that the NA community expects something different in terms of balance. Since I don't know Russian, I have no idea what the majority of the player base thinks balance is. Although I've seen hints here and there that indicate that they have a much different idea on the Russian servers of how the game plays than we do in NA.

Slone #10 Posted Sep 13 2019 - 22:32

Captain

• Players
  • 20213 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

I think there are two things that have effected the game negatively. First they took out the weak spots on tanks, hatches and MG ports. This made it much more difficult to penetrate tanks, particularly from the front. As a result, players now rely on premium ammo to a much greater extent. This situation has been exacerbated by the plethora of corridor maps that funnel the game into frontal slugfests.

Secondly, the speed of the game has increased tremendously. The wheelies are just the tip of the iceberg, but lots of newer tanks are MUCH faster than their older kin; 268/4, 277, etc. This changes the mechanic from a slow deliberate thinking game to one more determined by reaction speed. And it also increases the problem of many maps being too small. An increase of the overall speed of the vehicles creates a relative shrinking of the maps.

There are other issues, but I think these two have had the most deleterious effect on the game.

StaticWednesday #11 Posted Sep 13 2019 - 22:46

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 26670 battles
  • [XSSX] XSSX

Hmm...

I agree that WOT should bring back the old maps ...IMO...all of them. I enjoyed playing them. I also like the new ones. 

Wheeled vehicles need to be banned cut and dry. No small go cart should be able to pen a Heavy Tank...Or a Medium Tank. Maybe a Light Tank...Maybe.

They should be Scouts and that is it......maybe they should be allowed to destroy tracks. 

WOT dying...????....Possibly...why? ....I blame the community.  WOT should not allow a new player to play with veteran players until they reach tier 4...cut and dry.

Why....rudeness....vulgarity....threats...etc. What a way to turn off new players. ex> I had a veteran player threaten to "go to the (noobs) house to take care of "business" etc etc....

I am SURE that player wants to tell his friends how cool WOT is.....Maybe his enemies.....hmm...

Want the things that you ask for...grow the base....how do you grow the base...get new players....how do you keep those players ....dont let them talk to veteran players for a while..or impose SEVERE AND HARSH penalties to anyone who attempts to even call them a "noob" or anything else.

Zuikakoo #12 Posted Sep 14 2019 - 01:11

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21888 battles
The future of the game.  More premiums, more trendy copycat and ripoff game modes that will fail 'steel hunter, Grand Battles, rampage ect' .  major and known issues will be ignored from ghost shells to invisible collision models to balance and economics .  Someday there will be a bond shop.  

Trakks #13 Posted Sep 14 2019 - 11:42

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 3801 battles

View PostSystemrename190, on Sep 13 2019 - 19:07, said:

The different sides of the map should have different advantages and drawbacks, not be the exact same.

Province used to be that way until enough people complained about the win percentage advantage one side of the map had over the other. One side would win, on average, 54% of the time or something like that. This might be a problem IF you get stuck on the 46% side 100% of the time, but that doesn't happen in reality. You still have a 50/50 chance of which side of the map you get placed on and that balances things out over time but sooooo many people complained about it that WG removed that map from the rotation for a long time before bringing it back different than it was before. Now the problem with Province is all the griefers pushing their teammates over the cliffs. That didn't happen back before it was "balanced". 

Edited by Trakks, Sep 14 2019 - 11:43.

Systemrename190 #14 Posted Sep 15 2019 - 03:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 17833 battles
  • [NOD-] NOD-

View PostTrakks, on Sep 14 2019 - 03:42, said:

Province used to be that way until enough people complained about the win percentage advantage one side of the map had over the other. One side would win, on average, 54% of the time or something like that. This might be a problem IF you get stuck on the 46% side 100% of the time, but that doesn't happen in reality. You still have a 50/50 chance of which side of the map you get placed on and that balances things out over time but sooooo many people complained about it that WG removed that map from the rotation for a long time before bringing it back different than it was before. Now the problem with Province is all the griefers pushing their teammates over the cliffs. That didn't happen back before it was "balanced". 

I don't play WoT Mercenaries (available on X-Box variants) really often, as I don't own one of these things. But, when the map dropped me onto Province, the console version of the map hasn't changed a bit! I was thrilled and had had a whole lot of fun. Plus the 54/46 win rate is just like flipping a coin - one side is just a little heavier than the other.

Jasper_Seven #15 Posted Sep 15 2019 - 05:20

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23747 battles

More maps, more maps, more maps...

and since there are wheelies -->  the ability to switch to machine gun mode and rip apart their wheels!!!

Jasper_Seven #16 Posted Sep 15 2019 - 05:21

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23747 battles
Oh, and at the rate that WG makes money, although not exactly Angry Birds, they should keep trying and focus more on the core gaming...  like more maps.

GeorgePreddy #17 Posted Sep 15 2019 - 05:28

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostLucudus58, on Sep 13 2019 - 16:34, said:

You truly have no concept of irony, do you ?

TankFodder #18 Posted Sep 15 2019 - 05:40

Corporal

• Players
  • 34480 battles

I have no issue with WG wanting to make $$.   But random battles need to be discontinued for purity it WG had a soul.  It doens't...

Carde #19 Posted Sep 15 2019 - 07:02

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 60219 battles
  • [PRGY] PRGY
Wheeled cars definitely need to be fixed. Their speed is their armor, and it is inappropriate for them to have such tiny hitboxes beyond impossible wheels. They have completely destroyed light tanks for tracked players and totally changed clan wars for the far far worse.  British light tanks should have been contemplated with this in mind, but were not, and despite the USA and UK having tons of wheeled tanks to counter these roided up french wheeled turds...nothing.  It shouldnt be this way. 

Edited by Carde, Sep 15 2019 - 07:19.

3bagsfull #20 Posted Sep 15 2019 - 07:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2713 battles

View PostSlone, on Sep 13 2019 - 21:32, said:

I think there are two things that have effected the game negatively. First they took out the weak spots on tanks, hatches and MG ports. This made it much more difficult to penetrate tanks, particularly from the front. As a result, players now rely on premium ammo to a much greater extent. This situation has been exacerbated by the plethora of corridor maps that funnel the game into frontal slugfests.

Secondly, the speed of the game has increased tremendously. The wheelies are just the tip of the iceberg, but lots of newer tanks are MUCH faster than their older kin; 268/4, 277, etc. This changes the mechanic from a slow deliberate thinking game to one more determined by reaction speed. And it also increases the problem of many maps being too small. An increase of the overall speed of the vehicles creates a relative shrinking of the maps.

There are other issues, but I think these two have had the most deleterious effect on the game.

To me what has pretty much broken this game is introducing high skill OP tanks - it makes the good players godlike and adds a couple miles to the acres of space they already have against most of their competitors.    It's like giving Albert Pujols in his prime an aluminum bat.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users