• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

jpli #21 Posted Sep 15 2019 - 13:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 45795 battles
  • [ALL] ALL

View PostSystemrename190, on Sep 13 2019 - 14:07, said:

Really what the problem is is the game is too balanced.

Hi,

You have good points but that sentence feels wrong.

1) Let's talk about map, they should all give the same gaming experience regardless of the class of tanks that we play. Example, "Malinovka" is fun for arty but bad for slow heavies and at same time "Himmelsdorf" is fun for slow heavies but bad for arty. If we look at the side of Kharkov, everyone should be happy because we have the field and the city.

2) Now tanks. Here I'll use stats (WR) from http://wot-news.com/stat/server/us/norm/en and exclude some special tanks "obj279/t95 fv4201" (only use tech tree or tank we can buy).

Tier 10:

* Best heavy : "wz111 5a / 52.43%", worst is "is4 / 48.93%".

* Best medium: "obj 430U / 52.57%" vs "M48A1 / 48.49%".

* Best TD: ""obj268v4 / 54.3%" vs "T110E4 / 48.28%".

* Best  Light: "EBR105 / 51.94%" vs "rhm pzw / 46.7%".

Tier8: same thing.

"obj252u / 53.32%" vs "amx65t / 47.65%".

and so on...

The game is not balanced, period and even top streamers say that ("skill" for example).

Cheers.

jeb2 #22 Posted Sep 15 2019 - 14:16

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 51960 battles
  • [HU] HU

WOT is a commercial entity whose folk have to show a profit.

This requires players spend $ on the game but to get the player base size needed, WOT has to be generally free to play.

So, where does $ show up?

1) Premium accounts

2) Premium tanks

3) Bling

4) Gift packages

5) Advertising (I presume all saw the Intel ad in the current garage?)

Thus, showing the necessary profit means getting those 5 things.  

This explains why WOT has refreshed/booted the advantages of a Premium account, essentially widening the gap between "freeloading" players and premium ones.

This explains why many premium tanks now are better than their researched peers.  That is, it has widened the gap between players with and w/o them (from the previous simple trainers advantage)

It also explains why many Rewards tanks are OP - those players are more likely to be Premium players who buy "stuff" and one of the very first things they teach MBA students is that the easiest way to increase revenue is to get existing customers to spend more.

Bling is viewed as worth expending disposable income on by many, esp the younger population.  Remember when "ring tones" were things early cell phone adopters spent $ on?

Honestly, I expect advertising on in-game tanks and in-game building to increase.  Why WOT has not gone harder after commercials on in-game billboards, I do not know, but I think that will also happen.

This also explains wheelies.  WOT faces constant player turnover and older players are $ limiting and more experienced players have already bought a lot of "stuff" while new ones are new market.

Edited by jeb2, Sep 15 2019 - 14:16.

TheOutlawJosieWhales #23 Posted Sep 15 2019 - 14:41

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15333 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
What inevitably leads to the demise of games is "balancing." Look what it did to WoW. In retail everyone has a heal, cleanse, etc. etc. In WoT now lights have guns that can pen heavies because it was "unbalanced" now lights don't just scout they are major damage dealers. On the other hand look what Classic WoW has achieved with it's unbalanced 15 year old game. Bajillions (I know not literally but you get my point) of people playing it. Get back to basics WoT or continue to decline. Blizzard just proved it's possible to revive an old game. Sure 10% of your base will cry but you will make the 90% ecstatic and they will tell their friends...….. there's a reason you got so big and it's not because of this current iteration of the game.

Rommelman1 #24 Posted Sep 15 2019 - 18:40

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 24415 battles
  • [VDLS] VDLS

View PostSimplyPzB2, on Sep 13 2019 - 20:45, said:

wheeled vehicles are a broken mechanic.  It's not that they are just way too fast, it's that they bounce more shots than any other class of tanks AND you can't track them AND they get autoaim AND they have relatively high alpha.  

-

I mean the can 'turn around with the lead'.  Which shouldn't be possible.  What does this mean?  This means they move so fast that I have to 'lead my shot' by 'x' distance, BUT they can turn 180 within that 'x' distance.  So if I'm leading them, and I get the lead just right and pull the trigger, they can turn on a dime and make my perfectly lead miss.

wheeled tanks are total garbage , if you drive any other fast TANK , like the LUCHS , you can flip it on its side , those little clown cars , cannot be flipped ( total bs ) they cannot be tracked ( total BS ) i have shot them with a tier higher tank and only wobbled their tires , and they run off or they run circles around you and rape you , those stupid little tanks were the end of this game , now with the new patch the MM makes it even worse.....it seems as though WG doesnt want the "tomato or potato" to play the game anymore , since the upper tier clan members are doing the bulk of the complaining about new players and the non stop name calling and bullying in chat has gotten even worse , so WG decides to chase the casual game player away , and cater to their top clans , what happens ?  casual players spend the bulk of the money on this game , casual players go away , the money stops coming in and game gets sold to STEAM and then it really gets screwed up :)  enjoy , the hand writing is on the wall , but you all refuse to see it.

VooDooKobra #25 Posted Sep 15 2019 - 18:56

Major

• Players
  • 10040 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostSystemrename190, on Sep 13 2019 - 12:07, said:

These days when I look at the forum, it's clogged with people saying that the game is "not balanced enough". Those people who complain about the game being not balanced enough can clearly see this obvious problem, but they never look closely enough at it. Really what the problem is is the game is too balanced. Please, allow me to explain. No matter what maneuver you try in this game, there is always some tank on the enemy team designed to counter that, and the whole match sometimes depends on that. Also, have you seen the maps lately?  It looks like the developers decided where the spawns would be, drew a line between them, and made only one half of the map, then mirrored it. That is way too balanced. The different sides of the map should have different advantages and drawbacks, not be the exact same.

Many people are unhappy with the introduction of wheeled vehicles. I personally don't think they start hurting the game until tier nine, when they are just too fast for the server to handle. They move so quickly, the server can't handle it and sometimes the shells glitch right through. I'm surprised nobody gets kicked for sending too many packets. The Lynx 6x6, which I own, is not much of a problem, and things only break down a little bit at 80 km/h. But the EBR 90 and Panhard EBR 105 travel at game-break speeds of 90 and 100 km/h. When they are in cruise mode, it is 70 and 80 km/h. 80 is when the game starts to break a little bit, at 90 it breaks a lot, and at 100 it breaks too much to be even remotely appropriate.

What will the future of exploits look like? Well I can already begin to imagine the future of Advances. An entire team of EBR 105s could make an incredible lag machine, and that would make the enemy team (who is likely to be out of practice fighting in extreme lag conditions) really vulnerable. So the future of WoT at this rate is one where in random battles, everyone is always camping, (and this seems to be happening already) because whenever someone gets impatient and moves, he is dead, because there is something to counter everything. The future of WoT may be full of exploits outside of random battles, and invisible walls on all of the maps, forcing players to be in tiny boxes made by the developers.

So what should the future of WoT look like? Well, personally, I really hate the existence of paper  tanks. I think that WoT should start an experimental server where they go back to the beta, and make different decisions on where the game should go from there. WoT was a very fun game and still is (unless you are playing most of the tanks they still have) and had a lot more potential than it does now. I look forward to  hearing your comments!

i would rather have the paper tanks than have a tree with 3 or 4 variations of the same tank like other games. 

View PostSimplyPzB2, on Sep 13 2019 - 12:45, said:

wheeled vehicles are a broken mechanic.  It's not that they are just way too fast, it's that they bounce more shots than any other class of tanks AND you can't track them AND they get autoaim AND they have relatively high alpha.  

-

I mean the can 'turn around with the lead'.  Which shouldn't be possible.  What does this mean?  This means they move so fast that I have to 'lead my shot' by 'x' distance, BUT they can turn 180 within that 'x' distance.  So if I'm leading them, and I get the lead just right and pull the trigger, they can turn on a dime and make my perfectly lead miss.

way too fast?  which ones are way too fast?  tbh the only ones that can qualify are the tier 9 and 10.  the rest are not that far off of tree tanks speeds.  i wish someone will teach me how to bounce all these shots because it isnt happening unless you hit an autobounce angle.  looking at the replay site i see a lot of 0 on bounce stats with thise things so who is bouncing all these shots?  or is it another exaggeration.

now as for the "tracking" i will agree that the way the wheels react to HE needs to be fixed but right now APCR is still a good option against them also how do you feel their alpha is high when compared to other vehicles with the same size guns? 

Edited by VooDooKobra, Sep 15 2019 - 19:00.

_mlg_taco_fire_ #26 Posted Sep 15 2019 - 19:07

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28175 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

im just gonna throw this out here

WG removed the t-50-2 back way when cause it way too fast, just saying

Systemrename190 #27 Posted Sep 15 2019 - 23:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 17833 battles
  • [NOD-] NOD-

View PostTheOutlawJosieWhales, on Sep 15 2019 - 06:41, said:

What inevitably leads to the demise of games is "balancing." Look what it did to WoW. In retail everyone has a heal, cleanse, etc. etc. In WoT now lights have guns that can pen heavies because it was "unbalanced" now lights don't just scout they are major damage dealers. On the other hand look what Classic WoW has achieved with it's unbalanced 15 year old game. Bajillions (I know not literally but you get my point) of people playing it. Get back to basics WoT or continue to decline. Blizzard just proved it's possible to revive an old game. Sure 10% of your base will cry but you will make the 90% ecstatic and they will tell their friends...….. there's a reason you got so big and it's not because of this current iteration of the game.

What makes your point much more interesting is that the YouTuber Quickybaby, who was made famous for his WoT content, now says he is going to be focusing more of his attention on World of Warcraft, and with the recent decline of Fortnite, World of Warcraft seems to be the next major contender in the top ten most popular mmos. As a matter of fact, in the U.S., World of Warcraft passed Fortnite in August of 2019, and it looks like Fortnite is going to overtake World of Warcraft fairly soon. The map says worldwide, WoW is more popular, and that is especially true in Russia, but less so in the Americas. So WoW is a good example for WoT that yes, you can get away with a bit of a 'start over'.

Steeler_Nation_USA #28 Posted Sep 16 2019 - 01:24

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1311 battles
One of the reasons WoW was rebooted was of course the spendable player base of the 30 somethings and older that have fond memories of it. The other reason is that other then very AVG games like ESO there is almost zero competition in that space in 2019. As many have mentioned WoT needs to also get back to basics but so far it seems they are continuing the same path as the last few years. Double barrels, more clown cars i am sure, reskins/loot crates etc and not much in the way of balance, maps or expansion of maps. 

Edited by Steeler_Nation_USA, Sep 16 2019 - 01:24.

SargeanTravis #29 Posted Sep 16 2019 - 01:43

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 2934 battles
  • [FUBU] FUBU

View PostSteeler_Nation_USA, on Sep 13 2019 - 20:19, said:

You made some good points. I won't even touch the EBR issue since some people have an EBR poster above their bed. But anywho, i am surprised how small and limited maps continue to be. You would think they would put more emphasis on this then festivals and reskins but it is what it is. At the very least they could do something that Warships has and that is introduce weather into the equation and at least make the maps look and hopefully play a bit differently. The game is much different 4-5, vs 6-8 and obviously 8-10 searching for that level of balance and fair play. What you are describing seems to be a complete rework. If anything it seems the life cycle of this game at least on NA is winding down and unless they post a Dev road map, it seems they will continue on the same ole path tell the last whale turns off the lights. I guess they could always do a Armored Warfare type spinoff with modern vehicles and create a totally new game which could be cool. 

The proposed double barreled tanks could help that issue

Use the first gun to test yolur aim and the second gun to land the shot... or cripple the speed demons with 2 HE shells to the face

Steeler_Nation_USA #30 Posted Sep 16 2019 - 01:49

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1311 battles

View PostSargeanTravis, on Sep 16 2019 - 01:43, said:

The proposed double barreled tanks could help that issue

Use the first gun to test yolur aim and the second gun to land the shot... or cripple the speed demons with 2 HE shells to the face

As other people have mentioned lag and server side problems might make that mute for many NA connections. It's pretty rare to not have some latency when lots of action is going on.

AJABOOBOO #31 Posted Sep 16 2019 - 17:19

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7153 battles
  • [74TH] 74TH

games future?

it will continue to be a greed fest and a monument to avarice.

this game is not balanced as its as intended.

p2w tanks, gold ammo spam, patented progression limiter, stupidly pro russian bias, physically impossible tanks and speeds on current tanks primarily russian designs.

Green_Machine_ #32 Posted Sep 17 2019 - 01:30

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1082 battles
wow at its worst was still better than this game at its peak, the two are not even comparable 

Systemrename190 #33 Posted Sep 19 2019 - 00:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 17833 battles
  • [NOD-] NOD-

View Postjpli, on Sep 15 2019 - 05:52, said:

Hi,

You have good points but that sentence feels wrong.

1) Let's talk about map, they should all give the same gaming experience regardless of the class of tanks that we play. Example, "Malinovka" is fun for arty but bad for slow heavies and at same time "Himmelsdorf" is fun for slow heavies but bad for arty. If we look at the side of Kharkov, everyone should be happy because we have the field and the city.

2) Now tanks. Here I'll use stats (WR) from http://wot-news.com/stat/server/us/norm/en and exclude some special tanks "obj279/t95 fv4201" (only use tech tree or tank we can buy).

Tier 10:

* Best heavy : "wz111 5a / 52.43%", worst is "is4 / 48.93%".

* Best medium: "obj 430U / 52.57%" vs "M48A1 / 48.49%".

* Best TD: ""obj268v4 / 54.3%" vs "T110E4 / 48.28%".

* Best  Light: "EBR105 / 51.94%" vs "rhm pzw / 46.7%".

Tier8: same thing.

"obj252u / 53.32%" vs "amx65t / 47.65%".

and so on...

The game is not balanced, period and even top streamers say that ("skill" for example).

Cheers.

The problem is defining balance, and getting an updated perspective. The game has been too balanced in recent versions of the game. The game has not been balanced in older versions and in events, but my main focus is random battles as they currently are, making that mostly irrelevant. The game with it's newfound balance puts restraints on the rng, meaning we see less of it and the game is not as fun because of it. For example, the game was funner in older versions, mostly because it was fresh. It should also be noted that in those versions a tier 5 could run into a tier 10, and the game persisted to increase in popularity despite how unbalanced that is. But now, with maps such as Province being as balanced as any map can be, and the 3 tier matchmaking constraints, the game is declining despite this arguable increase in balance. The game is too balanced, gg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users