Reverse Preferencial Matchmaking

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Tankzilla66 #1 Posted Sep 13 2019 - 22:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 22738 battles
  • [ONION] ONION
Statically the Obj. 279 e and the T95/Chieftain have much better statistics in angled armor and weak points than standard tier 10 vehicles (in other words are OP). Other vehicles of lower tiers cannot penetrate these vehicles almost ever. Do you think WG should "balance" all reward tanks by restricting that tank's matchmaking to it own tier and higher? Would it be healthier for the sake of fair gameplay? Or should Reverse Preferencial mm be only restricted to tier 10 reward vehicles only?

minneerminneer #2 Posted Sep 13 2019 - 23:06

Captain

• Players
  • 36801 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
By your logic the maus should never see a tier 8 tank nor should the tier 10 amx m4.  Tier 8's can easily pen both with flanking

venom286 #3 Posted Sep 13 2019 - 23:20

Captain

• Players
  • 42837 battles
I seen a ferdinand bully a object 279 yesterday, he got right up in his face while rest of us flanked it or until we could get a shot, there not impossible take out but it will take team work to accomplish it,but that is not a bad idea to be honest.

Edited by venom286, Sep 13 2019 - 23:21.

Ophrys12 #4 Posted Sep 13 2019 - 23:59

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11344 battles

View Postvenom286, on Sep 13 2019 - 18:20, said:

I seen a ferdinand bully a object 279 yesterday, he got right up in his face while rest of us flanked it or until we could get a shot, there not impossible take out but it will take team work to accomplish it,but that is not a bad idea to be honest.

Sacrificing a tier 8 TD to kill a tier 10? Totally worth it. Problem is, you were likely in a situation where the 279 wasn't supported, so the tanks flanking him didn't really pay much of a price.

SuperJaws100 #5 Posted Sep 14 2019 - 00:19

Captain

• Players
  • 18412 battles

View Postminneerminneer, on Sep 13 2019 - 17:06, said:

By your logic the maus should never see a tier 8 tank nor should the tier 10 amx m4.  Tier 8's can easily pen both with flanking

It's different with a tank that is freely available to everyone. You and I both know the Obj 279e is nothing but a sealclubbing tank that only the most filthy of unicorns will get.

View Postvenom286, on Sep 13 2019 - 17:20, said:

Just because a tank isn't literally impossible to kill doesn't mean it's not overpowered and broken. The 279e's gimmick should've been not having a lower plate, not that it's some kind of overpowered Tier 11 tank.

BnaditCorps #6 Posted Sep 14 2019 - 00:22

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7335 battles
  • [UFP] UFP

View Postvenom286, on Sep 13 2019 - 14:20, said:

You must be new here.

Also that 279 driver must have been brain dead if he couldn't pen a Ferdinand because the hull cheeks are weak, alternatively he could just dab the 2 key and not have to worry about aiming like 95% of Tier 10 Mediums do.

I just came out of a battle with a 279 on the enemy team. The player didn't even give a dam that a 60TP, IS-7, and numerous Tier 10 TD's were shooting at him. He just rolled forwards and waited for his team to roll up behind him and kill us as he farmed a steel wall. There are absolutely no weak points on the vehicle and that just isn't fair when it is in the hands of the best players in the game. Same with the T95/FV. I was in a T-54 trying to get away from one earlier and he kept pace with me. I had to take 3 hits before I could get to my team and give him something else to shoot at. Bounced every shot (3) off his lower plate and 1 off his unangled side. 

BnaditCorps #7 Posted Sep 14 2019 - 00:31

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7335 battles
  • [UFP] UFP

View PostSuperJaws100, on Sep 13 2019 - 15:19, said:

It's different with a tank that is freely available to everyone. You and I both know the Obj 279e is nothing but a sealclubbing tank that only the most filthy of unicorns will get.

This is the problem. It's the same reason that the Chieftan works on Xbox. It is OP, but anyone can get the thing. Not to mention the wthE 100 and FV215B 183 are still on there to balance it out.

The power creep of the 705A, 279E, and Type 5 has made most other heavies irrelevant in a straight duel. This is why, in my opinion, we need the wthE 100 back. It had the largest weak spot in the game and had a minimum of a 40 second reload. They got messed up by 183's all the time and T49's rebalanced them quite often as well.

Block Quote

Just because a tank isn't literally impossible to kill doesn't mean it's not overpowered and broken. The 279e's gimmick should've been not having a lower plate, not that it's some kind of overpowered Tier 11 tank.

The Maus is one of the easier tanks to kill I think because you know the weak spot is there. Compare this to the Type 5 Heavy for example and you see where the problem is. The Type 5 will HE spam you as you fruitlessly bounce gold round after gold round off the lower plate, but the Maus will actually have to angle the tank and hide the weak point, meaning it require skill to play. The Type 5 Heavy and 279E don't have that problem. Just press W until you get to where you want to be and then stop and fire until you want to move again. Their armor is so good that even arty barely do anything to them now. Oh boy they got stunned, but in a few seconds they'll be at 100% and arty will be reloading for a minute.

UvBeenTrumped #8 Posted Sep 14 2019 - 01:24

Captain

• Players
  • 64521 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostBnaditCorps, on Sep 13 2019 - 16:22, said:

You must be new here.

Also that 279 driver must have been brain dead if he couldn't pen a Ferdinand because the hull cheeks are weak, alternatively he could just dab the 2 key and not have to worry about aiming like 95% of Tier 10 Mediums do.

I just came out of a battle with a 279 on the enemy team. The player didn't even give a dam that a 60TP, IS-7, and numerous Tier 10 TD's were shooting at him. He just rolled forwards and waited for his team to roll up behind him and kill us as he farmed a steel wall. There are absolutely no weak points on the vehicle and that just isn't fair when it is in the hands of the best players in the game. Same with the T95/FV. I was in a T-54 trying to get away from one earlier and he kept pace with me. I had to take 3 hits before I could get to my team and give him something else to shoot at. Bounced every shot (3) off his lower plate and 1 off his unangled side. 

Most can and will say, "get good". The 279 is not impenetrable. Now if you are trying to hit the lower front plate you are out of luck. The hatches on the turret are easily penned. Yes, the #2 key comes into affect but who doesn't shoot it in tier 10 anymore? HE also works to take out crew while hitting the hatches. 

UvBeenTrumped #9 Posted Sep 14 2019 - 01:26

Captain

• Players
  • 64521 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostBnaditCorps, on Sep 13 2019 - 16:31, said:

This is the problem. It's the same reason that the Chieftan works on Xbox. It is OP, but anyone can get the thing. Not to mention the wthE 100 and FV215B 183 are still on there to balance it out.

The power creep of the 705A, 279E, and Type 5 has made most other heavies irrelevant in a straight duel. This is why, in my opinion, we need the wthE 100 back. It had the largest weak spot in the game and had a minimum of a 40 second reload. They got messed up by 183's all the time and T49's rebalanced them quite often as well.

The Maus is one of the easier tanks to kill I think because you know the weak spot is there. Compare this to the Type 5 Heavy for example and you see where the problem is. The Type 5 will HE spam you as you fruitlessly bounce gold round after gold round off the lower plate, but the Maus will actually have to angle the tank and hide the weak point, meaning it require skill to play. The Type 5 Heavy and 279E don't have that problem. Just press W until you get to where you want to be and then stop and fire until you want to move again. Their armor is so good that even arty barely do anything to them now. Oh boy they got stunned, but in a few seconds they'll be at 100% and arty will be reloading for a minute.

You must be new here!

The Type 5 is fodder now. Easily penned and easily killed. Slower than the T95 and the reload is way too long to scare anybody now. If you have problems penning the Type 5 then you need to watch a video or ask someone where to pen it. 

Zuikakoo #10 Posted Sep 14 2019 - 01:34

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21805 battles
They can just nerf it.  Its not a premium tank, its a reward tank. I am sure once about 10% of the server gets one and its causing serious disruption in the game, they will nerf it.   Right now its rare enough for WG to ignore.    Because ignoring problems until after its ruined things is how WG has chosen to do business.   I guess it works in Russia and the CIS. 

mlinke #11 Posted Sep 14 2019 - 02:13

Captain

• Players
  • 52945 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S
279. Hit upper plate sides with skill ammo. Sides on spot where 2 plates meet. Pen every time and back sidr. Roof is glass too. Chieftain lower plate and sides.

tanopasman62 #12 Posted Sep 14 2019 - 03:10

Major

• -Players-
  • 20962 battles
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_
These two should only get on all tier 10 games with three arties, old school reward tanks (M60, 121B, maybe even 72.01K) are nowhere near these two and are not much of a issue than tech tree tier 10s. 

Trakks #13 Posted Sep 14 2019 - 11:33

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 3791 battles

View PostTankzilla66, on Sep 13 2019 - 21:53, said:

Statically the Obj. 279 e and the T95/Chieftain have much better statistics in angled armor and weak points than standard tier 10 vehicles (in other words are OP). Other vehicles of lower tiers cannot penetrate these vehicles almost ever. Do you think WG should "balance" all reward tanks by restricting that tank's matchmaking to it own tier and higher? Would it be healthier for the sake of fair gameplay? Or should Reverse Preferencial mm be only restricted to tier 10 reward vehicles only?

The only real solution is to give such tanks their own gameplay mode or restrict them to clan wars or certain other events that may appear from time to time so they can't be used in random battles. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users