Sealclubbing wiht the Pz. I c?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

guynodens #1 Posted Sep 14 2019 - 11:01

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3076 battles

So i'm trying to grab up a bunch of german tanks because I never actually played any before now. I had heard that the pz. I c is a nasty light that can eat other tanks alive, and I seem to remember that happening. 

Problem is, I CANNOT seem to play this tank at all. I can't penetrate anything at all with that 7.92mm machine gun that can supposedly burst damage people. Other tier III tanks just bounce all my shots, even other light tanks! I frequently end up doing 50 damage or so and then get murdered by the other tanks that brought real guns to a fight as opposed to this bb thing. 33mm seems like no penetration at all. 

Am I missing something critical here? I try to scout and get flanks but i'm so lightly armored myself that I get mowed down instantly. Maybe 33 mm of pen was good earlier, and now that the game has moved on it sucks? Either way, would love some help here. I feel like I just run into bullets and die, and all my rounds do nothing at all. 

Vulcan_Spectre #2 Posted Sep 14 2019 - 12:47

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5910 battles
  • [TCM] TCM
You gotta do it right, like hit sides of tanks, and don't pick fights you can't win

ATruk #3 Posted Sep 14 2019 - 14:06

Sergeant

• Players
  • 58754 battles
It’s a hit and run kind of tank. Use the speed, time your attacks, have a plan for reaching cover. Whittle them to pieces, 50 hp at a time. 

Feargrim27 #4 Posted Sep 14 2019 - 14:20

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15650 battles

Please don't play lower tiers with the intention to pick a super easy-to-play tank with seal clubbing capabilities.

Seal clubbing at or below tier 5 is toxicity to this game.

GWyatt #5 Posted Sep 14 2019 - 15:27

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4272 battles
  • [VAN] VAN

View Postguynodens, on Sep 14 2019 - 05:01, said:

So i'm trying to grab up a bunch of german tanks because I never actually played any before now. I had heard that the pz. I c is a nasty light that can eat other tanks alive, and I seem to remember that happening. 

Problem is, I CANNOT seem to play this tank at all. I can't penetrate anything at all with that 7.92mm machine gun that can supposedly burst damage people. Other tier III tanks just bounce all my shots, even other light tanks! I frequently end up doing 50 damage or so and then get murdered by the other tanks that brought real guns to a fight as opposed to this bb thing. 33mm seems like no penetration at all. 

Am I missing something critical here? I try to scout and get flanks but i'm so lightly armored myself that I get mowed down instantly. Maybe 33 mm of pen was good earlier, and now that the game has moved on it sucks? Either way, would love some help here. I feel like I just run into bullets and die, and all my rounds do nothing at all. 

If you use APCR in this, it will pen like crazy when you are close up. If you don't, you have to get up close and personal, in the side or rear. The theme here is that this is a tank that gets its damage at close range. 

PunCzarBlintz #6 Posted Sep 14 2019 - 15:58

Major

• Players
  • 83353 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM

If you use apcr as GWyatt says, you will go broke very quickly.

I switched back to the 2mm flack - better pen, but not always able to clip the other tank out.

Funny when they think I have an 8 sec reload and pepper them again in 3.5 seconds.

the_dude_76 #7 Posted Sep 14 2019 - 16:26

Major

• Players
  • 34339 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostFeargrim27, on Sep 14 2019 - 07:20, said:

Please don't play lower tiers with the intention to pick a super easy-to-play tank with seal clubbing capabilities.

Seal clubbing at or below tier 5 is toxicity to this game.

Dude he's got 2500 battles, he's basically still a seal himself as evidenced by the fact that he can't make the 1c work yet...

View PostGWyatt, on Sep 14 2019 - 08:27, said:

If you use APCR in this, it will pen like crazy when you are close up. If you don't, you have to get up close and personal, in the side or rear. The theme here is that this is a tank that gets its damage at close range. 

If you use gold you're just throwing credits away. The tiny bit of extra pen isn't remotely worth the massive price you pay every time you unload. Frankly when I see someone is firing gold from the 1c I almost feel sorry for them. All of those credits flushed down the toilet for nothing...

noboater #8 Posted Sep 14 2019 - 17:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 35295 battles
  • [J4F] J4F
They are great tanks for racing. Just ask any DDAY member. O the lol's of days gone bye.

guynodens #9 Posted Sep 21 2019 - 21:57

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3076 battles

So I managed to grind up to the Luchs, but in that time I did manage to have 1 really stellar game in Pz I C; 7 kills, 800 damage, last player alive. 

I feel like it's a super luck-based tank that I kind of learned to play, and very different to playing normal tanks. The need to be up-close to do damage is really something i'm going to have to learn to play better. Flanking around to hit TDs and arty is something I find to be REALLY dependent upon the enemy team playing poorly so that you can do so; when they're covering their flanks well I find I really can't do much, or when the map just doesn't let it happen. Open maps really put the breaks on my ability to flank around without being seen. But, when I can get a map with lots of hidden avenues, I can flank pretty effectively and run away when I get spotted. 

Regarding the gold ammo, I have to agree that it's -generally- pointless, but I did manage to use it to good effect to penetrate armor that the enemy is angling so they can bounce yoru standard rounds. Gold rounds as a surprise when they've been successfully bouncing is how I won that 800 damage game. 

guynodens #10 Posted Sep 21 2019 - 21:58

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3076 battles
All in all i'm glad to be out of it if for no other reason that I feel like it's kind of map-dependent. I played the O-I and the O-Ni and I felt kind of the same, in that some maps will really help, and some maps will really screw you over. I'm glad to be working on the Luchs because I feel like that much better pen with help so much.

Rocker_Box #11 Posted Sep 21 2019 - 22:57

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9196 battles

I've never played the pz. 1c, but my Luchs has been about as much fun as I can enjoy with pants on ;) 

It's a keeper!

tanopasman62 #12 Posted Sep 22 2019 - 00:58

Major

• -Players-
  • 21434 battles
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_
If you can't do damage on a Cancer I you might as well uninstall.

guynodens #13 Posted Sep 22 2019 - 01:54

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3076 battles

@tanopasman62

Honestly I just really dont' have the time to get really good at this game. I've gathered that people tend to see "good" players as having like 6K games or more, or something to that effect, but I honestly just don't have that kind of time when average battle time seems to be something like 6 minutes. So that's somewhere on the order of 600 hours of gameplay to become "ok" at the game which I seriously don't have. I'm getting better, but the best answer I have is that I haven't really played tanks like this before. Light tanks that arent' scouts really make me struggle. Comparatively I had a 61% win rate with my Pz. 38 t (N.a.) at tier 4 which is a light tank with a very different play style that I seemed to be pretty good at, and I dont'' think anyone thinks that tank is cancer. 

tanopasman62 #14 Posted Sep 22 2019 - 02:10

Major

• -Players-
  • 21434 battles
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_

View Postguynodens, on Sep 22 2019 - 01:54, said:

@tanopasman62

Honestly I just really dont' have the time to get really good at this game. I've gathered that people tend to see "good" players as having like 6K games or more, or something to that effect, but I honestly just don't have that kind of time when average battle time seems to be something like 6 minutes. So that's somewhere on the order of 600 hours of gameplay to become "ok" at the game which I seriously don't have. I'm getting better, but the best answer I have is that I haven't really played tanks like this before. Light tanks that arent' scouts really make me struggle. Comparatively I had a 61% win rate with my Pz. 38 t (N.a.) at tier 4 which is a light tank with a very different play style that I seemed to be pretty good at, and I dont'' think anyone thinks that tank is cancer. 

If you want to figure out how to play you should be playing tiers 5-6, tier 1-3 is just run and gun.

Not only that, but checking on how spotting and armor mechanics work will do you a favor, WG has posted several videos explaining spotting, camo, armor and other useful stuff that will help you to improve your gameplay.

guynodens #15 Posted Sep 22 2019 - 10:41

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3076 battles

View Posttanopasman62, on Sep 22 2019 - 02:10, said:

If you want to figure out how to play you should be playing tiers 5-6, tier 1-3 is just run and gun.

Not only that, but checking on how spotting and armor mechanics work will do you a favor, WG has posted several videos explaining spotting, camo, armor and other useful stuff that will help you to improve your gameplay.

oh I know in general how those mechanics work, i'm not super good at them but I understand them in principle. light tanks like this frustrate me because they have no armor to speak of so knowing how to angle means nothing, they dont' do outspotting well because you're kind of just rushing in to flank with your pop-pop gun, etc. 

The Pz. I C and the Luchs are frustrating me because they're requiring a very aggressive, very risk-intense play style that I really haven't done before. Its very fast-paced and stressful by comparison so i'm not used to it. It's hard for me to know where to go on each map, where to retreat to on each map when you're losing, where people are likely to sit, etc. I'm struggling less with "how does camo work?" and more with "ok so where on this map are people likely to come from and what terrain is best for running away to?". Things that I just need to play a lot more to get. 

Gunn_Fyter #16 Posted Sep 30 2019 - 22:29

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 472 battles
Wait until you get the Luchs. It's a 1C on steroids. 

Drunkenparrot #17 Posted Oct 07 2019 - 04:31

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19867 battles
  • [ZOCOM] ZOCOM

View Postguynodens, on Sep 22 2019 - 01:41, said:

oh I know in general how those mechanics work, i'm not super good at them but I understand them in principle. light tanks like this frustrate me because they have no armor to speak of so knowing how to angle means nothing, they dont' do outspotting well because you're kind of just rushing in to flank with your pop-pop gun, etc. 

The Pz. I C and the Luchs are frustrating me because they're requiring a very aggressive, very risk-intense play style that I really haven't done before. Its very fast-paced and stressful by comparison so i'm not used to it. It's hard for me to know where to go on each map, where to retreat to on each map when you're losing, where people are likely to sit, etc. I'm struggling less with "how does camo work?" and more with "ok so where on this map are people likely to come from and what terrain is best for running away to?". Things that I just need to play a lot more to get. 

The Pz 1c is a really fun tank if you give it a chance and play to its strengths.

The best way to learn where to go, what to do and how to do it is to watch replays of other players however I can tell you a few principles to apply.

If possible start with at least a 100% crew and mount vents, optics and a gun laying drive in your equipment slots.

At first, on open maps and when you are bottom tier use your speed to take a conservative position behind a bush somewhere near the middle to spot enemy tanks early while your team catches up and does whatever they do.

When you get a sense of how the battle is developing try to commit yourself to whichever side of the map your team is pushing best.

Use your speed and cammo to relocate quickly, try to engage enemy tanks at close distance that are already distracted by other friendly tanks.

Learn to use auto aim so that when you get close you can concentrate on moving to stay out of their line of fire and to make a difficult target for anyone shooting at you from any distance.

On city maps stay with other tanks and try not to overcommit in the beginning by rushing out too far in front of your team. If you find yourself sitting for idle for any of time use your speed to relocate quickly to wherever your team is moving forward or you see an opportunity.

Shoot enemy tanks where their armor is thin by moving to their sides and rears while they are reloading. Learn the soft spots of tanks you have trouble penning and always carry a few dozen APCR and use them when you need to pen higher tier tanks that are well armored all around, like the kv1.

As you get more experience and confidence in the tank you will learn to start playing more aggressively at the beginning without dying in the first 30 seconds. If are top tier establish momentum early and learn to use use your speed and the autoloaders shock affect to shake up the enemy players and keep them off balance while your pushes through them.

Crew skills and equipment make a huge impact how soon you see the other team while they cant see you.

A Pz. 1c with paint, a crew trained in BIA, Situational awareness and cammo with vents and optics will see another Pz 1c. with no equipment or crew skills at 350 meters when moving and 400 at meters when the enemy fires. The unequipped and unskilled enemy Pz 1c wont see the fully equipped Pz 1c  225 meters moving or 310 meters firing.

The Pz1c handling benefits greatly from the driver using the clutch breaking and off road driving skills.

If you are trying to get an advantage use chocolate instead of a fire extinguisher (you can purchase a fire fighting directive to temporarily give your crew the fire fighting skill trained to %100). Chocolate is expensive but it makes a noticeable impact on handling, rate of fire and vision in this tank.

Edited by Drunkenparrot, Oct 07 2019 - 04:35.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users