Wheeled Vehicles EBR Updates Support

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Systemrename190 #1 Posted Sep 15 2019 - 03:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 17833 battles
  • [NOD-] NOD-

One of the things I see on the WoT forum a lot these days is people complaining about wheeled vehicles. While everyone is welcome to there own opinion, there are a lot of people ranting about - what I feel - are misconceptions. Yeah, I've got my work cut out for me in this post. First, I'm going to cover a bit of history, let's get right into it.

Wheeled Vehicles hit the Common Test Server on January 16th of 2019 on the Patch 1.4. I participated on this server. On the Common Test, wheeled vehicles had a boost mechanic, you could hit the breaks and the gas at the same time, and fly off when you let go of the breaks, and it was quite comical to watch players skidding around and bumping into things! The boost effect never made it out of the Common Test servers. Wheeled vehicles have not been changed since then.

One of the most common rants is basically: "they're too fast, they're impossible to stop, and they have OP alpha damage" and first off, I want to say that yes, they are too fast. They're not to fast for players because they need to get good, no, they are actually to fast for the server to handle. The math breaks down around 83-90 km/h, and because the calculations are not continuous, and can't keep up, shells very often hit the target, and glide right through it like a phantom. The next part is probably not going to sit well with everyone, and you should remember, I currently play wheeled vehicles, so I do have some experience here.

No, they are not impossible to stop or track as many of the ranters say. I have had the experience many, many times. So picture the scene, I'm driving around, waiting for some kind of opening to swoop through and kill the SPG. I am avoiding all the shots, then a shell from that very same SPG lands next to me and blows off a couple of wheels. Now, you're probably thinking: "Well big deal System, you still have half your wheels and you don't have to stop moving, so git gud and stop complaining" well great I think to myself, I just have to get to safety and put flex tape on the wheels. But, now that some of my wheels got shot off, the most despised target in the game is slower and can't make tight turns anymore, so, the next thing that happens is kind of obvious.

Yes, the alpha damage is OP, but only at tier ten, where it's like 500 or something, the same as the SU-130PM or the Skorpion, despite the caliber is 23mm smaller. At other tiers, the alpha damage complaint comes from them shooting their HE damage with improved penetration at soft targets. It should be noted, wheeled vehicles are designed to take out soft targets. If they fired strictly at heavy tanks for example, I don't think I would have to talk much about this part. The HE shells always damage targets significantly more if they manage to penetrate, somewhere between 25 and 80% more damage depending on the vehicle.

I agree with a lot of you when you say wheeled vehicles should not be in the game, and a lot of you are quick to point out that wheeled vehicles have no place in a game called world of tanks. But this does have a place in a company famous for holding up their middle finger to many people. It was like that when they cut 100 jobs to move out of the bay in 2017, it was like that when they sold the Mutant (M6A2E1) for the second time, it was like that when they sold the Mutant a THIRD TIME!!! and it's like that with wheeled vehicles as well. Good luck on the battlefield, and remember, keep it in your pants (I mean - your wallet - really, keep that in you pants or your pocket or something!). I look forward to hearing your opinions. After all, if you're welcome to your opinion, why don't you welcome somebody else to it?

AverageWannabe #2 Posted Sep 15 2019 - 04:02

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7338 battles
Do you notice there are way less rants about arty? Yup, that's cause the wheelies, the arty counter par excellence. They are the best thing that could've happened to wot.

GeorgePreddy #3 Posted Sep 15 2019 - 04:03

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

I like the game a lot.

I like my wheelies a lot.

I spend money to better enjoy the entertainment value of this inexpensive hobby.

That's my 2 cents.

HOTA_CHATON #4 Posted Sep 15 2019 - 04:14

Major

• Players
  • 13496 battles
  • [MSG] MSG
Wheelies are junk and need to be removed from the game so we can go back to hating on arty again.  That's my 2 cents worth.

ArmorStorm #5 Posted Sep 15 2019 - 04:17

Major

• Players
  • 37686 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View PostHOTA_CHATON, on Sep 14 2019 - 21:14, said:

Wheelies are junk and need to be removed from the game so we can go back to hating on arty again.  That's my 2 cents worth.

Your 2 cents would get you change back.  

ZYKLOP_ #6 Posted Sep 15 2019 - 04:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26888 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View PostAverageWannabe, on Sep 15 2019 - 15:02, said:

Do you notice there are way less rants about arty? Yup, that's cause the wheelies, the arty counter par excellence. They are the best thing that could've happened to wot.

By arty counter you mean they are despised more and are a bigger broken mechanic by an order of magnitude.

I_QQ_4_U #7 Posted Sep 15 2019 - 04:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 22876 battles
The only thing I have an issue with with them is their gun handling, it's almost impossible to counter them in a tracked light when you have very low chance of hitting them but they are going to land most of their shots on you and to make it worse with high pen HE shells. Make me only want to play Russian lights for the armour and ramming abilities.

AverageWannabe #8 Posted Sep 15 2019 - 04:58

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7338 battles

View PostZYKLOP_, on Sep 15 2019 - 00:25, said:

By arty counter you mean they are despised more and are a bigger broken mechanic by an order of magnitude.

by arty counter i mean they are despised by arty players and campers, yup.

CynicalDutchie #9 Posted Sep 15 2019 - 09:35

Major

• Players
  • 43172 battles
  • [CYNIC] CYNIC

View PostZYKLOP_, on Sep 15 2019 - 04:25, said:

HAHAHA

no

Carde #10 Posted Sep 15 2019 - 09:56

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 60167 battles
  • [PRGY] PRGY

There is no reason for the easymode high velocity rounds and lazer precision, also their speed is their armor. They should not be cloaked in spaced magic wheels and have the mobility to dodge 99 percent of shots aimed at them AND they should not have thimble sized hitboxes.  Its a terrible addition to the game that literally ruined tracked light tanks who are almost helpless against them.  By Wargamings own statement tracked light tanks should easily kill them 1v1, but in their terrible execution the opposite is the case.  They obliterate tracked light tanks.  Something needs to change.  Also, wthis the ONLY option french?  Really? 

You do not know best, Wargaming.  This is worse than arty, worse than the 268-4 that you managed to screw up and not nerf, and worse than the 430/430u that you continue to lazily screw up.

Edited by Carde, Sep 15 2019 - 10:14.

ColonelShakes #11 Posted Sep 15 2019 - 12:30

Captain

• -Players-
  • 16469 battles
  • [CDN] CDN

View PostCarde, on Sep 15 2019 - 09:56, said:

By Wargamings own statement tracked light tanks should easily kill them 1v1, but in their terrible execution the opposite is the case.  They obliterate tracked light tanks.  

They forgot to add that you actually need to know how to operate a tracked light.  They do fine against the wheeled lights.  Knowing when to shoot is key.

Atragon #12 Posted Sep 15 2019 - 13:13

Major

• Players
  • 43792 battles
Wheelies make you waste your ammo and drive up the costs of doing battle,

ShadowDancer27 #13 Posted Sep 15 2019 - 13:21

Major

• Players
  • 30305 battles
It's the zero damage infinite energy absorbing wheels.  When a light tank is hit with 750+ alpha and is only fractionally slowed down that is broken.  Otherwise having played them myself, they aren't easy.

LOL_i_CLICKED_u #14 Posted Sep 15 2019 - 17:33

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30509 battles
OP, I think it's a bit disingenuous to talk about doing dmg & stopping wheelies, but then only mention how arty can do it(somewhat reliably).

ThePigSheFlies #15 Posted Sep 15 2019 - 18:52

Major

• Players
  • 75601 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostSystemrename190, on Sep 14 2019 - 21:53, said:

One of the things I see on the WoT forum a lot these days is people complaining about wheeled vehicles. While everyone is welcome to there own opinion, there are a lot of people ranting about - what I feel - are misconceptions. Yeah, I've got my work cut out for me in this post. First, I'm going to cover a bit of history, let's get right into it.

Wheeled Vehicles hit the Common Test Server on January 16th of 2019 on the Patch 1.4. I participated on this server. On the Common Test, wheeled vehicles had a boost mechanic, you could hit the breaks and the gas at the same time, and fly off when you let go of the breaks, and it was quite comical to watch players skidding around and bumping into things! The boost effect never made it out of the Common Test servers. Wheeled vehicles have not been changed since then.

one slight correction.  I had access to an EBR during the December 2018 holidays via a rental code.  During that 2 week time frame, I spammed over 200 battles in it.  During this time frame, before official public release it did indeed have the boosting feature.  The maps also had not been tweaked, and there were still places where one could also boost/climb. 

The CC's also did (As they handed out the rental codes) and many also streamed that boost feature, and climbs

hunler317 #16 Posted Sep 15 2019 - 20:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 32508 battles
My two cents -  wheelies were introduced to entice a younger player base.  I'm 55 and I suck playing in  them.  I also hate playing against them.  They're part of the reason I no longer play frontlines.  Unfortunately I don't see WG putting the cork back in this bottle.

AllieOop2 #17 Posted Sep 15 2019 - 21:42

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12 battles

View Posthunler317, on Sep 15 2019 - 20:19, said:

My two cents -  wheelies were introduced to entice a younger player base.  I'm 55 and I suck playing in  them.  I also hate playing against them.  They're part of the reason I no longer play frontlines.  Unfortunately I don't see WG putting the cork back in this bottle.

Unfortunately WG has no clue as who their player base is an simply shotgunning targets. This game probably has one of the older ( in age) player bases of any current offerings. WG would do well to understand that as their longevity is in a large part based on that demographic. But you cant cure stupid and you cant tell a Russian anything as they are experts at everything.

Edited by AllieOop2, Sep 15 2019 - 21:42.

AllieOop2 #18 Posted Sep 15 2019 - 21:47

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12 battles

So far as the OPs clearing the air sorry missed the target. IMO the Clown Cars for the most part are manned by the career yolo player who dies withing the first 60 seconds. They race out spot some people which half are not even set up yet then get ripped up.

Most of the rest of the Clown Car players are elite players who could rip you a new one in a Churchill Gun Carriage.

Edited by AllieOop2, Sep 15 2019 - 21:48.

Captram77 #19 Posted Sep 16 2019 - 15:34

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11325 battles
The worst thing is how they ruined the light tank passive scouting, and replaced with Yolo only. Before their was a more even mixture. Which gave a better battle experience. As for arty .... Not a counter to it, artys were liking them. More eyes, to spot.

JA_Pinkerton #20 Posted Sep 16 2019 - 16:28

Major

• Players
  • 33235 battles

View PostCarde, on Sep 15 2019 - 03:56, said:

the mobility to dodge 99 percent of shots aimed at them AND they should not have thimble sized hitboxes. 

You aren't helping your case by repeating blatant lies.

Also tagged with Wheeled Vehicles, EBR, Updates, Support

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users