Wheeled Vehicles EBR Updates Support

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Arrowheadmen #21 Posted Sep 16 2019 - 16:45

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 23264 battles
  • [XCAL] XCAL

I just started playing a little arty in the last few months for mission purposes and still only play couple battles a day in arty. But I have noticed recently there aren't as many arty in battles. I had maybe half of my 30 battles yesterday with no arty or only 1 arty in them. In one of the battles I played in arty, a wheelie was able to get through our lines, he was finally spotted 2/3 of the way across the map on our side, I pinged him and started to move even though I right on the back red line because I knew he was coming for me, but he was able to climb a small hill and reach and kill me before our lights could respond. This all happened in the first 2 minutes of the battle, he was killed about 30 seconds after killing me and was not able to kill the other arty on our team but he did spot him.

Maybe some arty like the wheelies for the spotting they do, like I said I don't play arty enough to know about that, but just judging from what I am seeing, the wheelies are deterring people from playing arty. Which is what the majority of players wanted right, less arty. So it seems more players would be happy about the wheelies being in the game.

FrankFitz #22 Posted Sep 16 2019 - 18:06

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 21285 battles

View PostCarde, on Sep 15 2019 - 03:56, said:

There is no reason for the easymode high velocity rounds and lazer precision, also their speed is their armor. They should not be cloaked in spaced magic wheels and have the mobility to dodge 99 percent of shots aimed at them AND they should not have thimble sized hitboxes.  Its a terrible addition to the game that literally ruined tracked light tanks who are almost helpless against them.  By Wargamings own statement tracked light tanks should easily kill them 1v1, but in their terrible execution the opposite is the case.  They obliterate tracked light tanks.  Something needs to change.  Also, wthis the ONLY option french?  Really? 

You do not know best, Wargaming.  This is worse than arty, worse than the 268-4 that you managed to screw up and not nerf, and worse than the 430/430u that you continue to lazily screw up.

Yo this hate tho!!!? If you can't use a tracked light properly then you will get killed by an EBR. And if you had an EBR you would know that the tank is not as OP as one might think. You get shot by most tanks if you make a single mistake in your driving or push a little too far because of the greed. I don't know why the tank should not have some wheels like tracked tanks have tracks....like when u get tracked do u get damaged? I don't think so....the same goes for wheels. Plus like what do u have against the french??? I see you only have 3 battles on the french tree. RIP you if u don't want one or maybe you are too scared to grind it and see the truth by yourself. People like u make this game tox like wth. if you dont wanna play wot go play war thunder. 

Systemrename190 #23 Posted Sep 17 2019 - 02:57

Corporal

• Players
  • 17833 battles
  • [NOD-] NOD-

View PostArrowheadmen, on Sep 16 2019 - 08:45, said:

I just started playing a little arty in the last few months for mission purposes and still only play couple battles a day in arty. But I have noticed recently there aren't as many arty in battles. I had maybe half of my 30 battles yesterday with no arty or only 1 arty in them. In one of the battles I played in arty, a wheelie was able to get through our lines, he was finally spotted 2/3 of the way across the map on our side, I pinged him and started to move even though I right on the back red line because I knew he was coming for me, but he was able to climb a small hill and reach and kill me before our lights could respond. This all happened in the first 2 minutes of the battle, he was killed about 30 seconds after killing me and was not able to kill the other arty on our team but he did spot him.

Maybe some arty like the wheelies for the spotting they do, like I said I don't play arty enough to know about that, but just judging from what I am seeing, the wheelies are deterring people from playing arty. Which is what the majority of players wanted right, less arty. So it seems more players would be happy about the wheelies being in the game.

The wheeled vehicles made me enjoy playing my SPG even more, because I love how challenging it is for an SPG to ruin their day. But, a lot of SPG players aren't that great. The role of playing an SPG means that other players don't get mad at you because you don't know how to defend yourself. I love playing SPGs way more than I used to, because I played for two years without knowing what the "LShift" button does ([edited]), but, I was still pretty good at it. Yes, I have noticed there are almost no SPGs, which is very frustrating for me. Especially since wheeled vehicles were designed with assassinating SPGs in mind. But for some reason, SPGs flood the Frontline queues a lot these days

Carde #24 Posted Sep 17 2019 - 03:40

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 60197 battles
  • [PRGY] PRGY

View PostFrankFitz, on Sep 16 2019 - 17:06, said:

Yo this hate tho!!!? If you can't use a tracked light properly then you will get killed by an EBR. And if you had an EBR you would know that the tank is not as OP as one might think. You get shot by most tanks if you make a single mistake in your driving or push a little too far because of the greed. I don't know why the tank should not have some wheels like tracked tanks have tracks....like when u get tracked do u get damaged? I don't think so....the same goes for wheels. Plus like what do u have against the french??? I see you only have 3 battles on the french tree. RIP you if u don't want one or maybe you are too scared to grind it and see the truth by yourself. People like u make this game tox like wth. if you dont wanna play wot go play war thunder. 

English please

325th_MI_Battalion #25 Posted Sep 17 2019 - 06:24

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16535 battles
  • [HD_13] HD_13
I like clearing the air of flying wheelies with my TD's. The cars bounce or somersault when they blow up.

jeb2 #26 Posted Sep 17 2019 - 13:12

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 51256 battles
  • [HU] HU

Well, I see how many posters say that the wheelies are nt hard to hit.

I also see wheelies in game after game race around and not get hit despite many shots being fired at them on mostly open ground.

The biggest problems I have with them is that (1) their speed exceeds server/lag/framerate and (2) many maps simply were not designed for the distance the wheelies can cover in the opening moments:

- Players with slightly slower connections may not be able to move before the wheelies get there,

- Players with longer load times (arty and auto-loaders and high alphas) may not be able to load before spotted,

- Players with slower tanks may not be able to exit spawn before the wheelies get there.

I still think allowing HMGs and 37 mm secondaries (Lee/Grant) would help some of the problem.  It would also give back to tracked LTs a lot of what they have lost.

ShadowDancer27 #27 Posted Sep 17 2019 - 13:45

Major

• Players
  • 30398 battles

View PostJA_Pinkerton, on Sep 16 2019 - 09:28, said:

You aren't helping your case by repeating blatant lies.

And if your mamma says, "I've told you a million times..." do you correct her and say it was only between 100 and 200 times?  How would that work out?

It's called hyperbole.  

If there are several examples of wheelies driving right through a crowd of tanks and multiple hits do zero damage and they zoom off and repeat that same thing again it is noteworthy once...it is frustrating a few times...it is maddening if it happens regularly.

When the literalist explains that those shots that did no damage were because there isn't a hitbox below the axles, the whole side is infinite energy absorbing spaced armor and the turret is similar in size to a large tank's commander's hatch, that is tiny by most definitions.

CanadianPuppy #28 Posted Sep 17 2019 - 14:13

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 414 battles
The boost was hilarious when I played on the common test (before forgetting my password to my original account and its email). At the start of the battle if you held the boosting buttons you went from 0 to Mach 5 in less than 10 seconds, by the time you left the home base circle you were doing well over Mach 1.

Dunderberg #29 Posted Sep 18 2019 - 08:49

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 69260 battles
  • [BOND] BOND

View PostAverageWannabe, on Sep 14 2019 - 22:02, said:

Do you notice there are way less rants about arty? Yup, that's cause the wheelies, the arty counter par excellence. They are the best thing that could've happened to wot.

Wheelies decided 5 of my last 7 matches. And while I'm fine with a tank game making some realism compromises for playability, wheelies going 80 mph through swamps and deep snow while shooting targets a mile away is a bit much. Its enough that I'm probably leaving World of Wheelies. 

Dunderberg #30 Posted Sep 18 2019 - 08:51

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 69260 battles
  • [BOND] BOND

View PostShadowDancer27, on Sep 17 2019 - 07:45, said:

And if your mamma says, "I've told you a million times..." do you correct her and say it was only between 100 and 200 times?  How would that work out?

It's called hyperbole.  

If there are several examples of wheelies driving right through a crowd of tanks and multiple hits do zero damage and they zoom off and repeat that same thing again it is noteworthy once...it is frustrating a few times...it is maddening if it happens regularly.

When the literalist explains that those shots that did no damage were because there isn't a hitbox below the axles, the whole side is infinite energy absorbing spaced armor and the turret is similar in size to a large tank's commander's hatch, that is tiny by most definitions.

Love when World of Wheelies wheels absorb HEAT rounds and HE.  dumb. 

RagnarokBazil #31 Posted Sep 18 2019 - 10:21

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25503 battles
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY

View PostSystemrename190, on Sep 14 2019 - 21:53, said:

One of the things I see on the WoT forum a lot these days is people complaining about wheeled vehicles. While everyone is welcome to there own opinion, there are a lot of people ranting about - what I feel - are misconceptions. Yeah, I've got my work cut out for me in this post. First, I'm going to cover a bit of history, let's get right into it.

Wheeled Vehicles hit the Common Test Server on January 16th of 2019 on the Patch 1.4. I participated on this server. On the Common Test, wheeled vehicles had a boost mechanic, you could hit the breaks and the gas at the same time, and fly off when you let go of the breaks, and it was quite comical to watch players skidding around and bumping into things! The boost effect never made it out of the Common Test servers. Wheeled vehicles have not been changed since then.

One of the most common rants is basically: "they're too fast, they're impossible to stop, and they have OP alpha damage" and first off, I want to say that yes, they are too fast. They're not to fast for players because they need to get good, no, they are actually to fast for the server to handle. The math breaks down around 83-90 km/h, and because the calculations are not continuous, and can't keep up, shells very often hit the target, and glide right through it like a phantom. The next part is probably not going to sit well with everyone, and you should remember, I currently play wheeled vehicles, so I do have some experience here.

No, they are not impossible to stop or track as many of the ranters say. I have had the experience many, many times. So picture the scene, I'm driving around, waiting for some kind of opening to swoop through and kill the SPG. I am avoiding all the shots, then a shell from that very same SPG lands next to me and blows off a couple of wheels. Now, you're probably thinking: "Well big deal System, you still have half your wheels and you don't have to stop moving, so git gud and stop complaining" well great I think to myself, I just have to get to safety and put flex tape on the wheels. But, now that some of my wheels got shot off, the most despised target in the game is slower and can't make tight turns anymore, so, the next thing that happens is kind of obvious.

Yes, the alpha damage is OP, but only at tier ten, where it's like 500 or something, the same as the SU-130PM or the Skorpion, despite the caliber is 23mm smaller. At other tiers, the alpha damage complaint comes from them shooting their HE damage with improved penetration at soft targets. It should be noted, wheeled vehicles are designed to take out soft targets. If they fired strictly at heavy tanks for example, I don't think I would have to talk much about this part. The HE shells always damage targets significantly more if they manage to penetrate, somewhere between 25 and 80% more damage depending on the vehicle.

I agree with a lot of you when you say wheeled vehicles should not be in the game, and a lot of you are quick to point out that wheeled vehicles have no place in a game called world of tanks. But this does have a place in a company famous for holding up their middle finger to many people. It was like that when they cut 100 jobs to move out of the bay in 2017, it was like that when they sold the Mutant (M6A2E1) for the second time, it was like that when they sold the Mutant a THIRD TIME!!! and it's like that with wheeled vehicles as well. Good luck on the battlefield, and remember, keep it in your pants (I mean - your wallet - really, keep that in you pants or your pocket or something!). I look forward to hearing your opinions. After all, if you're welcome to your opinion, why don't you welcome somebody else to it?

and you forget that they are the Blindest light tanks and MUST get close in order to light targets.. That is why they are speedy to begin with.. 310 view range at tier 6 with a 50% crew you have like 210 sight lol tier 10 is 360.. with just a 100% crew.. just imagin trying to get up to 5 crew perks so you can reach 390 view range.. And vents and coated you can only get up to like 410.. With food..  There are other factors you gotta also look at too.. Wheelies are not op in the slightest./. People moan for just being spotted.. My sight with Bonded gear mind you is only 440.. without food.. 460 with food.. There are many lights who have like 510+.. Also Gun.. 190 pen.. standard.. Yeah see what im going at here.. 140 at 500+ meters.. Ebr.. is not as broken as you think.. And it lacks springs so.. you will die if you land on your side..on the slightest incline.. ive died many times to trucks.. props.. lol

View PostDunderberg, on Sep 18 2019 - 02:51, said:

Love when World of Wheelies wheels absorb HEAT rounds and HE.  dumb. 

Just like Tracked tanks absorbing heat shells when you aimed at the sides or the Is3 hull sides eating a 500+ pen shell? that my friend is called spaced armor.. Shoot higher up..

Edited by RagnarokBazil, Sep 18 2019 - 10:23.

Hamstersaurus_Rex #32 Posted Sep 18 2019 - 19:51

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 17203 battles

View PostSystemrename190, on Sep 17 2019 - 02:57, said:

The wheeled vehicles made me enjoy playing my SPG even more, because I love how challenging it is for an SPG to ruin their day. But, a lot of SPG players aren't that great. The role of playing an SPG means that other players don't get mad at you because you don't know how to defend yourself. I love playing SPGs way more than I used to, because I played for two years without knowing what the "LShift" button does ([edited]), but, I was still pretty good at it. Yes, I have noticed there are almost no SPGs, which is very frustrating for me. Especially since wheeled vehicles were designed with assassinating SPGs in mind. But for some reason, SPGs flood the Frontline queues a lot these days

Well, I'm an arty player and even though I believe wheelies help me more than hurt, from a gameplay standpoint (our wheelies spot far more targets for me than the occasional ones from the enemy that break through and kill me). With that said, I don't like them in the game for the sheer reason that they encourage far too much YOLO play (as someone mentioned earlier).

Gotta admit that it's satisfying as hell when I guess their movements correctly and partially disable or destroy one of them. <mic drop> 

Systemrename190 #33 Posted Sep 19 2019 - 00:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 17833 battles
  • [NOD-] NOD-

View PostHamstersaurus_Rex, on Sep 18 2019 - 11:51, said:

Well, I'm an arty player and even though I believe wheelies help me more than hurt, from a gameplay standpoint (our wheelies spot far more targets for me than the occasional ones from the enemy that break through and kill me). With that said, I don't like them in the game for the sheer reason that they encourage far too much YOLO play (as someone mentioned earlier).

Gotta admit that it's satisfying as hell when I guess their movements correctly and partially disable or destroy one of them. <mic drop> 

One time I was able to wedge one into the redline, scraping off half it's wheels and making it an easy target, and it was super easy. However, he scrubbed the other artillery first, and the other SPG tried to run away, goes to show you SPG players have needed a skill cap for a long time now.

Flarvin #34 Posted Sep 19 2019 - 00:19

Major

• Players
  • 54607 battles

View PostAverageWannabe, on Sep 14 2019 - 22:58, said:

by arty counter i mean they are despised by arty players and campers, yup.

What? 

When playing arty, I love wheelies. They light up targets for me. 

LOL_i_CLICKED_u #35 Posted Sep 19 2019 - 00:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30578 battles

View PostRagnarokBazil, on Sep 18 2019 - 09:21, said:

Just like Tracked tanks absorbing heat shells when you aimed at the sides or the Is3 hull sides eating a 500+ pen shell? that my friend is called spaced armor.. Shoot higher up..

Show me some protip videos of you just shooting higher up on a 20 ft hitbox vehicle while it's performing 20G hairpin turns the entire time going 80+ with no slowdowns.

It's obviously super easy the way you describe it, so please enlighten the rest of us with your videos.

Thank you,

Everybody else

Also tagged with Wheeled Vehicles, EBR, Updates, Support

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users