• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Jasper_Seven #1 Posted Sep 16 2019 - 04:35

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23944 battles

The Future of WoT announcement you didn't hear:

MAPS:

We've been working hard on a number of new maps. Some are a themed series of tight maps with grueling play where the whole team must push through together and take advantage of every piece of cover and take risks to make opportunities. Some maps a larger variants on old themes, a bit like a grand battle. Your team can take multiple approaches to victory. Most of the maps have seasonal variations as well as weather effects. The result is sometimes it will be early spring with a heavy fog, reducing standard visibility across the map, where other times it will be a sunny day and hard to hide anywhere. And in some cases winter will freeze over the deep water allowing passage, or spring will flood the low lands making them swampy and slow going. And finally, some variations will show the escalation of the war, such as a central town with bridges that were intact in the spring version;  are now bombed out so the cover and shoot through areas have all changed.  All of these conditions will provide interest, challenge and variety in the battles ahead.

You will never hear this announcement, because it apparently is not part of the core of the game play or of interest to WG.

Bump this if you think it is important.

I look forward to your replies.

Sink_Stuff #2 Posted Sep 16 2019 - 05:10

Captain

• Players
  • 15570 battles
If this is true then the reason you dont hear about it right now is because they dont have much to show people. You forget that this announcement was for a convention/festival. So they would only talk about things that are finished enough to actually show hundreds of people. 

JONDIESATTHEEND #3 Posted Sep 16 2019 - 08:31

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12485 battles
  • [GOD_] GOD_

View PostJasper_Seven, on Sep 15 2019 - 21:35, said:

The Future of WoT announcement you didn't hear:

MAPS:

We've been working hard on a number of new maps. Some are a themed series of tight maps with grueling play where the whole team must push through together and take advantage of every piece of cover and take risks to make opportunities. Some maps a larger variants on old themes, a bit like a grand battle. Your team can take multiple approaches to victory. Most of the maps have seasonal variations as well as weather effects. The result is sometimes it will be early spring with a heavy fog, reducing standard visibility across the map, where other times it will be a sunny day and hard to hide anywhere. And in some cases winter will freeze over the deep water allowing passage, or spring will flood the low lands making them swampy and slow going. And finally, some variations will show the escalation of the war, such as a central town with bridges that were intact in the spring version;  are now bombed out so the cover and shoot through areas have all changed.  All of these conditions will provide interest, challenge and variety in the battles ahead.

You will never hear this announcement, because it apparently is not part of the core of the game play or of interest to WG.

Bump this if you think it is important.

I look forward to your replies.

I am not going to lie, you had my hopes up. Especially when you got to the part about different seasons having frozen/flooded rivers and houses/buildings being gone from war. Like you said new large immersive maps are not a priority for WG. I do not know enough about programing to know how hard it is to make new maps so I do not really feel qualified to say how many we should be getting but like you said sometimes just putting in small changes in a map can totally change the way it is played. I also would think that when making new maps for Frontline they would try to make sectors that could be translated into new maps for the regular game with only minor changes. 

Jasper_Seven #4 Posted Sep 17 2019 - 01:24

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23944 battles

REALLY??!!!!!!  THIS IS NOT A PRIORITY FOR ANY OF THE REST OF YOU????

sigh.

Avalon304 #5 Posted Sep 17 2019 - 01:51

Major

• Players
  • 23642 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
I was with you until you mentioned the fog that would obscure vision then I noped outta there. That would be awful. Weather effects should not change how my tank performs. And to be honest... having that many variations of a single map would serve no real purpose and would be way too much work for the return it would give the devs.

Also tagged with maps, future, announcement

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users