• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

VooDooKobra #101 Posted Nov 15 2019 - 05:15

Major

• Players
  • 10083 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View Postcomradekillshot, on Nov 14 2019 - 07:05, said:

BRING THE DOUBLE BARREL. UGGGGGHHHHHH. I CANT WAIT FOR EM! PUT THE PREMIUM TIER 8 IN THE SHOP FOR CHRISTMAS SO I CAN BUY 2! I WANNA SHOT GUN AN ARTY AT POINT BLANK WITH TWIN 122s!!!!!

I literally can't wait for these things to come out. It looks like a great mechanic to add to the game. Its no more op than any auto loader and its something new.

i wouldnt mind a VT german TD

View Poststryker105mm, on Nov 14 2019 - 14:13, said:

its a f bs joke wg cant figure out how 2 balance tanks 

yet whenever they put out a balanced tank there are those who complain about it being too week, too many weak spots, etc.  if done right double barrel does not mean game killing as WT has made it work as did aw

bergsteiger #102 Posted Dec 12 2019 - 20:16

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25747 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

Lot of complaining from folks over the years about arty, wheelies, premiums. Never had a serious problem with anything WG has done. Double barrelled vehicles are honestly the first thing that has truly bugged me. All the rest of these discussions had to do with gameplay and how WG structured the framework of their creation. However, that creation was based on the timeline of tanks throughout history, albeit some just as blueprints, but feasible within reality. To me, they've gone off the rails with this idea. Now where do you stop? Any mention of any sort of idea is now going to be used? Are we going to be playing Hammer's Slammers soon? The whole thing just rubs me the wrong way.

Why not tier XI and XII tanks--more modern--if you want to create more inventory? I realize this is an arcade game and not a simulator, but ugh. We've entered fantasy land.

Edited by bergsteiger, Dec 12 2019 - 20:17.

AllieOop2 #103 Posted Dec 12 2019 - 20:37

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13 battles

You have had fantasy land since day one. Jesus scrolls, instant  repair kits, mini map an so on.

Adding content is vital to stay fresh and keep revenue flowing to stay open so you can play.

To answer the Ops question I think they are going to be one of the most difficult tanks to master an stay alive in the game. Far more difficult than the auto loaders. The reload time if you blow your wad right off will require a escape an hide train of thought before blasting away that frankly most people wont do.

Because they wont think out the escape route and the frustration of tossing all your kill power in a quick string of damage wont overcome the fact you will die quickly thereafter.

Accomplished player will be devastating in them as they are in most tanks.

Then the crying will begin about how the game again is ruined, they are not spending money in protest and why cant WG balance the game. Which seems to be pretty well balanced overall for the really good players.

No I am not good an I will be one of the victims as i am 50% of the time.

Now for the stat padding hoes it may be a favorite tank. They can if they choose their targets correctly blast out at least one kill, accumulate a decent damage number and do so with little actual involvement in the match so they can skip on to the next match.

Edited by AllieOop2, Dec 12 2019 - 20:41.

325th_MI_Battalion #104 Posted Dec 12 2019 - 22:10

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17789 battles
  • [HD_13] HD_13

View PostiiNSaNiiTY, on Sep 16 2019 - 17:22, said:

AND HISTORICALLY ACCURATE!!!!!!!:sceptic:

Tao_Te_Tomato #105 Posted Dec 12 2019 - 22:16

Major

• -Players-
  • 28078 battles
  • [TER] TER

View PostAllieOop2, on Dec 12 2019 - 20:37, said:

You have had fantasy land since day one. Jesus scrolls, instant  repair kits, mini map an so on.

For better real worldicity, imagine if the minimap were only as accurate as the Commander's skill in map reading....and could never be more than 90% correct....  :trollface:

Double barreled tanks ... meh.  I have enough trouble playing the ones with single barrels. If I get one, it'll probably get sold or used to house surplus crew.

Flakker2 #106 Posted Dec 12 2019 - 22:38

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 54907 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
Double 152mm derps is where it's at! One derp can miss, but two will always hit!

Default_Alternative #107 Posted Dec 12 2019 - 23:56

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8636 battles

If I get one in a loot box....I think we should give them a fair chance.

If don't end up with one.......they should be banned, unless they suck.

DarkDaddy #108 Posted Yesterday, 03:38 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 11087 battles
Doubled barrel seems a little dumb. I would rather have Italian TD's.

Bring on the semoventi.

DarkDaddy

ShadowDancer27 #109 Posted Yesterday, 03:52 AM

Major

• Players
  • 31208 battles

Seems situational.  Suppose you would need 2 shots to kill an enemy and they can kill you with one.  This makes it a paper rock scissors game to make a move.

If you are cycling to trade at a busy rock pile you can go double barrel each time and be exposed less...although be out of action reloading longer.  Perhaps get into a deep rhythm like with a KV2 and relocate a bit each time.

Knagar #110 Posted Yesterday, 03:59 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 22198 battles
Don't really care. It's a 3 second charge to fire both off, so you're just gonna face hug and blast. Then it's a silly long reload on it. Think they'll be more of a novelty and experiment into double guns. This could potentially lead into being able to use the coaxial or different guns on tanks with em.

VooDooKobra #111 Posted Yesterday, 04:10 AM

Major

• Players
  • 10083 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostKnagar, on Dec 12 2019 - 19:59, said:

Don't really care. It's a 3 second charge to fire both off, so you're just gonna face hug and blast. Then it's a silly long reload on it. Think they'll be more of a novelty and experiment into double guns. This could potentially lead into being and to use the coaxial or different guns on tanks with em.

i would love it if it led to that.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users