22 replies to this topic

__WarChild__ #1 Posted Sep 16 2019 - 19:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 33876 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

Howdy Tankers,

Just wanted to let you know a few things:

1) The new map is heavily Defense oriented.  If, on offense, play lights/meds and avoid the cap. The caps are deathtraps

2) You no longer accrue points for being in the cap. You can sit in the cap for 5 minutes and unless you actually cap it out, you get ZERO (0) points for sitting there.  Even if you get the points, they are significantly less than previous FL battles.

3) We are being overcharged for Consumable resupplies.

These are just the problems that I've seen so far.  I'm sure there will be more to come.

__WarChild__

__WarChild__ #2 Posted Sep 16 2019 - 19:08

Major

• -Players-
  • 33876 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

My airstrike button didn't work that last round (7).

Yah!  The Defense won and no one got higher than Lieutenant!!  Woohoo!!  So proud of you for being such great defenders and WINNING.

The idiots are out in force on this Monday.  I can confirm.

Burning_Haggis #3 Posted Sep 16 2019 - 19:09

Major

• Players
  • 46084 battles
  • [NOBA] NOBA

Warfailing sucking the fun out of anything that work.   Who would have guessed.   

We could have seen some sort of incentive to win the match, but nope, have to make it more broken than it was to start with

Gothraul #4 Posted Sep 16 2019 - 19:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 2441 battles

View Post__WarChild__, on Sep 16 2019 - 19:08, said:

My airstrike button didn't work that last round (7).

Yah!  The Defense won and no one got higher than Lieutenant!!  Woohoo!!  So proud of you for being such great defenders and WINNING.

The idiots are out in force on this Monday.  I can confirm.

Pubs is pretty bad with endless swarms of 44 and 45% mouth breathers, even had a 40%wr platoon at tier 6 with 8k battles each. Haven't played FL this month but from what you and others have posted things are going to be salty this week indeed.

AndrewSledge #5 Posted Sep 16 2019 - 19:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 36684 battles
  • [1_FFD] 1_FFD

View Post__WarChild__, on Sep 16 2019 - 11:00, said:

2) You no longer accrue points for being in the cap. You can sit in the cap for 5 minutes and unless you actually cap it out, you get ZERO (0) points for sitting there.  Even if you get the points, they are significantly less than previous FL battles.

Hasn't that always been the case, though? Sitting on the cap gives 0 points until it is successfully capped. If you shoot an enemy tank in the cap with you, you also earn points, and you earn points damaging or destroying capping tanks. But sitting on the cap and dying without doing anything else has always resulted in 0 points.

Garandster #6 Posted Sep 16 2019 - 19:48

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6134 battles

View Post__WarChild__, on Sep 16 2019 - 13:00, said:

Howdy Tankers,

1) The new map is heavily Defense oriented.  If, on offense, play lights/meds and avoid the cap. The caps are deathtraps -Can't comment, I want to play it a few times and I could only get one game in before leaving for work and it was the old one :(

2) You no longer accrue points for being in the cap. You can sit in the cap for 5 minutes and unless you actually cap it out, you get ZERO (0) points for sitting there.  Even if you get the points, they are significantly less than previous FL battles. -That is how its always been, I've commented in my feedback in the past that it would be nice if we got credit for cap point obtained since it becomes infuriating when you acumulate a large amount of points and get killed, but your team completes the cap without you or by the time you get back to it you only get a few.

3) We are being overcharged for Consumable resupplies. -Like if you run food you get charged every time you take that tank out? Spawn it in twice during the same battle and you pay for two consumables? I removed food from all the tanks I planed on playing in the mode during the first episode when I saw that.

These are just the problems that I've seen so far.  I'm sure there will be more to come.

__WarChild__

JollyGrim #7 Posted Sep 16 2019 - 19:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37359 battles

Ah great.  There goes a nice, relaxing evening of FL tonight.

Thanks for the heads up.

alphadogg64 #8 Posted Sep 16 2019 - 20:05

Captain

• Players
  • 1163 battles

View PostGarandster, on Sep 16 2019 - 18:48, said:

Nah dude, you're wrong on the capture circle point

kapri25 #9 Posted Sep 16 2019 - 20:16

Captain

• Players
  • 19733 battles
  • [KRUSH] KRUSH
Literally went through a game where almost every tank went straight towards each base. very few tried to clear the sides or even try to flank. Straight towards base. Not one base was even captured for my team.

Garandster #10 Posted Sep 16 2019 - 20:38

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6134 battles

View Postalphadogg64, on Sep 16 2019 - 14:05, said:

Nah dude, you're wrong on the capture circle point

The rank increase when you're in cap collecting points must be small then because the only noticeable increase I've seen is when I'm in the cap during a successful capture. I've been killed multiple times with high capture point accrued and not noticed the sizable increase in rank that I get when roughly the same amount is earned during a cap I've completed.

Edited by Garandster, Sep 16 2019 - 20:38.

Insanefriend #11 Posted Sep 16 2019 - 20:48

Major

• Players
  • 47467 battles

View Post__WarChild__, on Sep 16 2019 - 12:00, said:

Howdy Tankers,

1) The new map is heavily Defense oriented.  If, on offense, play lights/meds and avoid the cap. The caps are deathtraps

__WarChild__

I'd say yeah the map is defense oriented, but that isn't a bad thing.  On the old map I found being a defender a chore of slow loss in most cases.  Once the attackers start to get momentum they swarm up and zerg zones, nothing you can do on defense.  The new map also allows for heavy, heavy tank play, the old one wasn't as brawly.

You never got points for sitting in the cap unless you had the cap points on a cap.  Always pissed me off to be the first in the cap, then end up taking all the airstrikes and being stunned only to have the second guy in cap get all the points.  You still get points for siting in the cap on defense while blocking an attackers points.

I can't say one way or the other on consumables, I made like 170k per battle.

Edited by Insanefriend, Sep 16 2019 - 20:48.

Atragon #12 Posted Sep 16 2019 - 20:56

Major

• Players
  • 44374 battles
  • [FINES] FINES

Just make it one big farm fest for bonds, gold, credits, and rewards tank.

Go out have fun and farm for yourself for the rewards and dont expect any help from your teammates.

Just get through this last episode and get some noce rewards.

Oh, dont forget the warjuice and peace pipe tonight.

ITS A FREE FOR ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Atragon, Sep 16 2019 - 20:58.

__WarChild__ #13 Posted Sep 16 2019 - 21:05

Major

• -Players-
  • 33876 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

Something is up with the cap.  When on offense, it doesn't move a bit if there's someone on Defense with engineering.  Previously, if 2 players were in cap with engineering, then both tankers accrued points.  Now, just the Defender accrues points.

I was early to play it this AM and saw some really strange things and stuff didn't work right and I lost a lot of credits whereas I've NEVER lost credits.  Now, it's more normalized for some reason.  I'm making credits but there are still some glitches.  

Also, you get BOTH maps now.  I've had 3 battles on the NEW map and 1 on the old one.  Just FYI.

amish_bob #14 Posted Sep 16 2019 - 21:29

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 38888 battles

4 problems I had this morning on fl.....

Reticle disappearred for a bit once

recon flight would not work.... 7 key one match

reticle absolutely refused to lock onto a tank and I do not mean auto aim. this was more like 2 magnets repelling each other, one match

auto aim would not work on one tank in one match

No mods, ever. I did not care for the new map

Sturm_Teufel #15 Posted Sep 16 2019 - 21:43

Major

• Players
  • 48664 battles
  • [-P-] -P-
Wow, from the sound of it, I just might skip FL this month.

PTwr #16 Posted Sep 16 2019 - 21:51

Major

• Players
  • 45684 battles
  • [BITSA] BITSA

View Post__WarChild__, on Sep 16 2019 - 18:00, said:

Howdy Tankers,

__WarChild__

Oh. Guess I'll wait for few micropatches more...

_Ayreon_ #17 Posted Sep 16 2019 - 21:55

Captain

• Players
  • 53334 battles
  • [NOBA] NOBA

One huge issue I just experienced!!!

Three shots away from General  - I CAN'T SHOOT ANYONE!!!!

My gun is working, my ammo is full (I just spawned), my mouse is working just fine, my ping and connection are alright. BUT I'M CLICKING THE LMB LIKE  A  MANIAC AND MY GUN WON'T SHOOT!!!!!

GJ WG, GJ!!!

AndrewSledge #18 Posted Sep 16 2019 - 22:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 36684 battles
  • [1_FFD] 1_FFD

View Post__WarChild__, on Sep 16 2019 - 13:05, said:

Something is up with the cap.  When on offense, it doesn't move a bit if there's someone on Defense with engineering.  Previously, if 2 players were in cap with engineering, then both tankers accrued points.  Now, just the Defender accrues points.

No, if a defending tank has engineering and is within the cap circle, capping is completely paused, regardless of how many attackers are on cap and if they have engineering.

Volcanic_lobster_220 #19 Posted Sep 16 2019 - 22:48

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8777 battles
Wow i thought they were going to improve the mode, sounds it like it was made worse

__WarChild__ #20 Posted Sep 16 2019 - 23:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 33876 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC
I'm on the fence right now about how it is operating.  In the last FL, I made General all but once, even after I prestiged to the max.  This go round, although I have made General 4 out of 5 times, it is much much harder than before.  Capping on offense is only worthwhile if you're going to complete the cap.  Previously, you'd rank up by just sitting in there - as do Defenders.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users