Database Program Support Excel

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

comradekillshot #1 Posted Sep 18 2019 - 16:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 18873 battles
  • [IRE] IRE

I've been building a front end software app for my clan that is going to work in conjunction with an SQL server I will host on my home PC. Part of this program will allow clan members to add their tanks to a list so that when we run clan battles or skirmishes we can see all the relevant tier tanks for each clan member along with their crew skills and equipment. I also want to show the vehicles characteristics as well. However I am having to create an excel spreadsheet with literally all the tanks in the game. I am manually inserting this information by hand using the tankopedia and I've only gotten to tier 5. Needless to say this is a bit tideous. I was wondering if wargaming could post an excel spreadsheet, or even a csv file somewhere so that I could import all this data into my server with a flat file import instead of manually maintaining this list. I also noticed there dosent seem to be an interactive tech tree on the WOT website and have been using one from a third party. It seems to be 100 percent accurate but I'd rather have my data from war gaming directly. It's just an idea I wanted to throw out there for the developers. I'm sure all vheicle details are on a database and it wouldn't be hard to export that file onto a web page.

Thanks,

Comradekillshot.

Coffee_ #2 Posted Sep 18 2019 - 17:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43383 battles

You can get anything from the API interface.

https://developers.wargaming.net/reference/all/wot/account/list/?application_id=3e19101959e40173881a2f33e9bbe62c&r_realm=na

comradekillshot #3 Posted Sep 18 2019 - 17:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 18873 battles
  • [IRE] IRE

View PostCoffee_, on Sep 18 2019 - 17:04, said:

You, are, my, hero. Thanks for that link.

Coffee_ #4 Posted Sep 18 2019 - 17:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43383 battles

You're welcome.. you will need to get a developer ID from that site to access the info remotely.

comradekillshot #5 Posted Sep 18 2019 - 17:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 18873 battles
  • [IRE] IRE

Alright, thanks for the info. If I run into any issues I may message you about it. Thanks again.

To be honest I didnt expect wargaming to have a public api but now that I think about all the game mods it makes sense.

comradekillshot #6 Posted Sep 18 2019 - 17:57

Corporal

• Players
  • 18873 battles
  • [IRE] IRE
I am attempting to add an application and it is asking me to add an application. it gives me the options of a mobile app or a server app. I am building my code in VB.net as a computer program so it doesn't really fall into either of these categories. Maybe server because I could host a server on my computer to communicate with the wargaming api? I tried to log into the developers form but my wargaming id and password wont work. I checked it by logging into the WOT webpage and it worked fine. Does the developer forum have something different going on with it?

The_Illusive_Man #7 Posted Sep 18 2019 - 19:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 13326 battles
Doesnt clantools.us already do this?

comradekillshot #8 Posted Sep 19 2019 - 18:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 18873 battles
  • [IRE] IRE

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Sep 18 2019 - 19:30, said:

Doesnt clantools.us already do this?

Probably, but I am unfamiliar with this. I want to nerd out and take the opportunity to learn and develop some code knowledge. Might as well program something for fun.

Update: I still cant log into the developer form and I have no idea how to use rest or json code. I have always used sql and vb.net so the switch to C# and API has been hard.

Edited by comradekillshot, Sep 19 2019 - 18:15.

Coffee_ #9 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 18:26

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43383 battles

View Postcomradekillshot, on Sep 18 2019 - 11:57, said:

I am attempting to add an application and it is asking me to add an application. it gives me the options of a mobile app or a server app. I am building my code in VB.net as a computer program so it doesn't really fall into either of these categories. Maybe server because I could host a server on my computer to communicate with the wargaming api? I tried to log into the developers form but my wargaming id and password wont work. I checked it by logging into the WOT webpage and it worked fine. Does the developer forum have something different going on with it?

Tank Exporter is written in VB.net using visual studio 2013. I have all the code done to access the API server.

If you need help I can give you some code examples.

Read my next post.

Edited by Coffee_, Sep 20 2019 - 18:37.

Coffee_ #10 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 18:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43383 battles

View Postcomradekillshot, on Sep 19 2019 - 12:14, said:

Probably, but I am unfamiliar with this. I want to nerd out and take the opportunity to learn and develop some code knowledge. Might as well program something for fun.

Update: I still cant log into the developer form and I have no idea how to use rest or json code. I have always used sql and vb.net so the switch to C# and API has been hard.

GO HERE and look this file over.. It shows how to access the API data. Split up the returned data and create a data set. Of course you will need to change the code a lot for what you want to grab.
Look at this sub get_tank_names

It shows how to use a web client to connect and read the data sent from the web API.

the application_id is from the dev site you will need to get assigned from the page. You already know this Im sure.

Edited by Coffee_, Sep 20 2019 - 18:48.

Coffee_ #11 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 18:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43383 battles

View Postcomradekillshot, on Sep 18 2019 - 11:57, said:

I'm not sure about the dev forum. It may be strictly for wargamings staff?

Also tagged with Database, Program, Support, Excel

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users