Double Barrels and Their Potential

MTLS Double Barrel Bubble Daryl Future News Developer Diaries Sandbox Common Test Super Test Autoreloaders

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Systemrename190 #1 Posted Sep 18 2019 - 21:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 17833 battles
  • [NOD-] NOD-

Today the staff at WarGaming released a video on Double Barreled tanks as part of their Developer Diaries YouTube series. I think WG will have wasted a lot of the potential this has if they release them into the game in their current state. Right now, Double Barreled vehicles are almost like an autoreloader, if you fire on gun while the other is reloading, the reloading process is interrupted and has to start all over again. I think they should work differently. Instead of making the reloading process start all over again, it should apply a penalty that makes it take a little longer. I totally agree with the fact that firing both guns at the same time requires some time to prepare the shot, but the fact you can only load one gun at a time is a little ridiculous. The biggest part was the potential to fire different ammo types, like run into a heavy tank and fire AP at it, then run into an SPG and fire HE at it.

However, WarGaming has so far decided that both guns cannot have different ammo types loaded, which for me anyways, was the whole reason I was excited for these vehicles to make the Common Test. I think since X is their main key, they should use it to let you decide which gun to fire, which is currently decided for you. The X key could cycle between Left Gun / Right Gun / Both Guns and have a little popup telling you which gun you've decided to use. Also, the fact that bugs me the most is the dispersion values are not calculated separately. That removes a lot of potential to hit two tanks at the same time if you're really lucky, or, if you're really unlucky, shoot your own shell out of the sky lol. The Double Barrels should really give you a different rng, and penalize your dpm/rof in exchange for better kit when the situation changes. Those are just my thoughts though, and I look forward to hear your thoughts on this, Good Luck on the Battlefield.

RFD_firefighter_13 #2 Posted Sep 18 2019 - 21:28

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16998 battles
  • [M4FI4] M4FI4
Personally this idea is fin dumb. Idk bout you but I think the majority of people dont wanna go up against a uniplatoon of OP double poppers. Just another craptastic idea, instead of fixing the tanks already in the game

USSWISCONSIN94 #3 Posted Sep 18 2019 - 21:43

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1428 battles
curious to see how they'll do it. but no glad that you can't choose the 2nd round to be different ammo. both should be the same. same as autoloaders. 

Copacetic #4 Posted Sep 18 2019 - 22:45

Captain

• -Players-
  • 47913 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS
we want quad barrels!

kapri25 #5 Posted Sep 18 2019 - 23:07

Captain

• Players
  • 19733 battles
  • [KRUSH] KRUSH
The most redeemable thing that comes with autoloaders is the fact that they usually have bad armor or their clip is small with an ok alpha average. I don't know about you but I hate being clipped. This, imho and probably butthurt opinion, is not going to sit well. Of all things WG usually follows is the gun mechanics of real life (mostly) and the reality is dual guns would screw up a lot of things when fired just because of the sheer firepower. To many tanks that people have to get to be meta already and yet they want to add another one? Honestly...this idea spurns me. I don't see anyone facing one of these tanks being in any way happy. May work out in the end but just imagine getting smacked with two shots that can either delete you outright or take half or all of your health.

Systemrename190 #6 Posted Sep 19 2019 - 00:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 17833 battles
  • [NOD-] NOD-

View PostRFD_firefighter_13, on Sep 18 2019 - 13:28, said:

Personally this idea is fin dumb. Idk bout you but I think the majority of people dont wanna go up against a uniplatoon of OP double poppers. Just another craptastic idea, instead of fixing the tanks already in the game

If WG implements this idea as they have it right now, it is not OP at all, in fact it's one of the weakest ever. It has a down time of over 20 seconds for 2 shots. It is an exact scaled down version of the Waffenträger auf E 100 with it's down time of over 60 seconds for 6 shots. Honestly I wish you would have watched the video instead of blatantly saying "That's crap" about something you are not really knowledgeable about in the first place. Idk about you but I think that is not very constructive

NoKnockWarrant #7 Posted Sep 19 2019 - 10:55

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 42547 battles
  • [ANASS] ANASS

And yet....

They still can't fix the gun sight separation issue....

They still can't fix the hull down bug.....

They can't explain the infamous KV-2 vs. Leo 1 shoot out video....

They still can't remedy illegal mods.......

They can't explain how a shell changes direction multiple times while covering 300m then magically goes into the dirt......

Yes yes Wargaming ... please give us even more moronic content for distraction instead of fixing the 5 yr old (plus) issues that TRULY affect game play.

jeb2 #8 Posted Sep 19 2019 - 13:31

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 51856 battles
  • [HU] HU
If they want to put a second gun on a vehicle, make it the HMGs or other secondaries (e.g., Lee/Grant, and the Brit heavies) so that they can defend against wheelies.

Jryder #9 Posted Sep 19 2019 - 17:02

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 13911 battles

A Soviet heavy with a TD strength gun.

Sadly, I am not surprised one iota.

tanopasman62 #10 Posted Sep 19 2019 - 17:16

Major

• -Players-
  • 21375 battles
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_

View PostRFD_firefighter_13, on Sep 18 2019 - 21:28, said:

How is it any worse than going against IS-3As?, or any other autoloader already on the game for that matter?

View PostCopacetic, on Sep 18 2019 - 22:45, said:

we want quad barrels!

Four barrels, count them, FOUR!

View Postkapri25, on Sep 18 2019 - 23:07, said:

The most redeemable thing that comes with autoloaders is the fact that they usually have bad armor or their clip is small with an ok alpha average. I don't know about you but I hate being clipped. This, imho and probably butthurt opinion, is not going to sit well. Of all things WG usually follows is the gun mechanics of real life (mostly) and the reality is dual guns would screw up a lot of things when fired just because of the sheer firepower. To many tanks that people have to get to be meta already and yet they want to add another one? Honestly...this idea spurns me. I don't see anyone facing one of these tanks being in any way happy. May work out in the end but just imagine getting smacked with two shots that can either delete you outright or take half or all of your health.

The burst damage on this thing is 780, and then it's slow to run away on its 20 second reload, nothing really game breaking compared to other autoloaders/autoreloaders at tier 8:

Progetto/Pantera: 720, 3 shots

T69: 960, 4 shots

Lorraine: 1.200, 4 shots

IS-3A: 1.170, 3 shots

Somua: 1.500, 5 shots

AMX 50 100: 1.800, 6 shots

From a burst damage standpoint it's on the low end, it's even worse at tier 10 where an ST-II's 880 goes against 1.600 on T57/50B or Foch B's 2.400.

View PostSystemrename190, on Sep 19 2019 - 00:09, said:

If WG implements this idea as they have it right now, it is not OP at all, in fact it's one of the weakest ever. It has a down time of over 20 seconds for 2 shots. It is an exact scaled down version of the Waffenträger auf E 100 with it's down time of over 60 seconds for 6 shots. Honestly I wish you would have watched the video instead of blatantly saying "That's crap" about something you are not really knowledgeable about in the first place. Idk about you but I think that is not very constructive

Seems balanced enough to enjoy the big F U factor, it sure can ruin someone's day but you can F up really badly if you use it on a bad time.

View PostJryder, on Sep 19 2019 - 17:02, said:

A Soviet heavy with a TD strength gun.

Sadly, I am not surprised one iota.

It's pretty much IS-3's gun, not much of an issue, not even because of their burst potential.

Systemrename190 #11 Posted Sep 19 2019 - 19:38

Corporal

• Players
  • 17833 battles
  • [NOD-] NOD-

View PostNoKnockWarrant, on Sep 19 2019 - 02:55, said:

And yet....

They still can't fix the gun sight separation issue....

They still can't fix the hull down bug.....

They can't explain the infamous KV-2 vs. Leo 1 shoot out video....

They still can't remedy illegal mods.......

They can't explain how a shell changes direction multiple times while covering 300m then magically goes into the dirt......

Yes yes Wargaming ... please give us even more moronic content for distraction instead of fixing the 5 yr old (plus) issues that TRULY affect game play.

Looking for that video I also found a hilarious War Thunder glitch, found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7C5EszsX2s

Acme1970 #12 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 05:49

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8423 battles

View PostRFD_firefighter_13, on Sep 18 2019 - 13:28, said:

exactly, it's a gimmick tank and people will go for it, whats next hover tanks, basically what we are as players are kids whose parents are neglecting us and instead of dealing with us they give us new toys to play with to shut us up.

Izgoy0899 #13 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 11:22

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 654 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE

On one hand I think it needs to be done, as years ago I wrecked a Lee playing the Rudy.  He was tracked on the crest of a ridge and I moved up enough to shoot his turret.  If he had the 37mm to shoot, as WT does, as well as the 75mm he could have had a chance.  As it was easy kill. 

On the other hand, playing that other tank game that does have double barrels, it isn't an easy thing to work.  And then there is console.  A joystick can only do so much, and I strongly suspect this is why they have the CV rework in WoWs since it happen right before console got WoWs and the other system for CVs would have been too much for a console controller.  

alex02144 #14 Posted Sep 22 2019 - 01:26

Private

• Players
  • 9270 battles
  • [HAFR] HAFR
I think the current idea for how they will work is pretty good and am really excited about this line. I would definitely like to see the ability to switch between guns without firing added (if it isn't already in there) for dealing with corners. I'm cool with or with out being able to load 2 types of shell simultaneously. Personally, I'd also like to see the removal of a fixed distance between twin fired shells removed and have their trajectories calculated independently, but it's nbd.

Carde #15 Posted Sep 22 2019 - 01:31

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 60314 battles

This is a stupid broken mechanic. You can see them testing it in the video and the other tank immediately bursts into flames.  We dont need more dumb, broken, overpowered russian trash.  We already have broken things in the game that Yuriy and Stanislav ("Balance Team" leads, lol!) need to focus on rather than waste resources on this game killing idea.  For those of you that arent in the know, theres no tanks getting buffed or broken tanks getting nerfed until NEXT YEAR because of stupid projects like this one. 

They arent doing anything for tanks that have two or more guns on them except for the russian heavy, btw.  People think the M3Lee is getting a taste of this and they are jumping up and down.  The Lee has a different layout. Wargaming is not even contemplating it.  This is for one tank, the russian.  Get yourselves ready to see it in lootboxes come December, like that fiasco they pulled last year...which produced such a blowback that Wargaming issues a laundry list of things that piss everyone that they promised to fix.  I actually am amazed that the Leopard and STB got buffed, but thats it and ray tracing for the whole year?

They lied to us and they are working on another dumb, broken russian tank to bilk us during Christmas.  They even delayed the Senlac so they could milk us and sell 100 dollar tier 6s and is3as for an extra week for NA only while EU already has it.  NA server seems to be Wargamings cash cow, and punching bag.  

Edited by Carde, Sep 22 2019 - 01:42.

tanopasman62 #16 Posted Sep 22 2019 - 01:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 21375 battles
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_

View PostIzgoy0899, on Sep 20 2019 - 11:22, said:

On one hand I think it needs to be done, as years ago I wrecked a Lee playing the Rudy.  He was tracked on the crest of a ridge and I moved up enough to shoot his turret.  If he had the 37mm to shoot, as WT does, as well as the 75mm he could have had a chance.  As it was easy kill. 

On the other hand, playing that other tank game that does have double barrels, it isn't an easy thing to work.  And then there is console.  A joystick can only do so much, and I strongly suspect this is why they have the CV rework in WoWs since it happen right before console got WoWs and the other system for CVs would have been too much for a console controller.  

They tried the multiturret mechanic (Not the same as the current twin barrel system but better suited for tanks like the M3) in the 2017 Halloween event, it had some issues but it would largely improve tanks like the Lee or B1.

oxf_and_bucks #17 Posted Sep 22 2019 - 17:58

Sergeant

• Players
  • 52958 battles

View PostIzgoy0899, on Sep 20 2019 - 11:22, said:

The Lee in War Thunder is actually fun to play with both guns able to fire.

TVWizard2 #18 Posted Sep 22 2019 - 18:20

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 723 battles

dumbest thing WG has done in a while, and they do even more moronic things on the daily. 

First cancer cars, now this crap? If that actually gets added to the game im done forever.

Exiledcrow #19 Posted Sep 22 2019 - 18:56

Major

• Players
  • 50387 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

View PostTVWizard2, on Sep 22 2019 - 18:20, said:

dumbest thing WG has done in a while, and they do even more moronic things on the daily. 

First cancer cars, now this crap? If that actually gets added to the game im done forever.

Promise? I'd actually look forward to them in that case.

TVWizard2 #20 Posted Sep 22 2019 - 19:48

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 723 battles

View PostExiledcrow, on Sep 22 2019 - 18:56, said:

Promise? I'd actually look forward to them in that case.

Promise, WG has been increasingly cancerous and desperate recently. moreso than usual, and usually its really pathetic but this sh!t? nah

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users