This game still wants too much.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

RunDownBlaster #1 Posted Sep 18 2019 - 21:28

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10829 battles

It's nothing but chores and the festival is the final evolution of that. Frontline was already nothing but chores, but now to wrap it up in between a mode that massively overstayed its welcome due to daily missions where the tickets could have and should have been distributed through the ranks, and a racing gimmick mode that looks to be blatantly overcomplicated for no justifiable reason. All stitched together relentlessly like a human centipede.

It's not World of Tanks, it's Chores of RNG. No sir, I don't like it.

RetroMan55 #2 Posted Sep 18 2019 - 21:41

Captain

• Players
  • 94420 battles
  • [DWING] DWING
Agree.  When a game is more like work and no longer fun, when missions are no different than grinds, when the wife's "Honey Do" list is more satisfying and enticing - you find yourself playing less and less.  Not sure if grinding the last 34 tanks in the tech tree is really worth the effort.  It seems like even being in the Top 3 on the winning team doesn't get you 1000 XP anymore.

Acme1970 #3 Posted Sep 18 2019 - 22:09

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9351 battles
Which is why i don't do any of these events, i only do randoms and whatever missions can be done in randoms, the obsessive need to grind every mission or event does not appeal to me anymore, it's one of the reasons i quit Warcraft after nine years, all those daily quests and holiday quests on seven toons every day, i couldn't take it anymore and i refuse to get involved with that stuff in this game, btw what was the event back in August called the one where you had to defend against the incoming waves, for the life of me i can't remember:confused:

RunDownBlaster #4 Posted Sep 18 2019 - 22:09

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10829 battles

Homefront. Also sucked.

This limited number of rounds thing is also going way too far.

Flarvin #5 Posted Sep 18 2019 - 22:16

Major

• Players
  • 55036 battles

WoT is only a chore, if you make it a chore. 

I play WoT. 

I do not grind WoT. 

No one is forcing you to complete missions/events, that is all on you.

If you feel WoT has become a chore, the culprit is in the mirror. 

Gumberto #6 Posted Sep 18 2019 - 22:22

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17532 battles
  • [EFFIT] EFFIT

I mean I kinda get it.

This is no longer a celebration as it is a metric ton of random tasks. I guess it's an attempt to keep the game from getting stale, and trying to grey the lines between the elite Clan War haves and the Pubby player have-nots. 

Being with the game for a while there have been ups and downs, and a lot has changed in the past couple years in it; overall it feels more cluttered.

You have premium missions, and event missions, and on track missions, and seasonal missions, and don't forget tank class missions, not to mention the ongoing campaign missions for the Stug, T28 concept, and so-forth. All of these, short of the campaign missions, are in a huge list on the missions tab at the top.  Not to mention Stronkholds, Clam Wars, and Backline missions.

They are putting so many things in the game that it would be nigh impossible to cover everything in a 24 hour period that needs doing. I really think it is a 'spray and pray' method of trying to offer so many things to so many different people, that they figure they will hit a spot with every member of the client base. I get the idea, but it also feels like any concerted effort they make is watered down by all of the things folks don't want. ...and it just feels messy. The HUD is messy, the garage is messy - with intelligence pop ups, and clickable things all over the place.

That's on the one hand.

On the other; these events and bonus 'chores' are free, and completely by choice. If you don't want to do the tank diplomas, then by gosh just don't do them. 
If FL is way too frustrating; just don't tap that drop down, and you're good. 
If you focus all on the grinding and nabbing blueprints for that Tier X you've been grinding towards, well you do you; and my best goes to you.
Those of us that see the blinky lights are drawn to the new things, even though we resist. Most have potential, but WG makes you work for them, and when you want all the things; that's when you get frustrated.
Pick a goal and brush the other stuff off. 

Edited by Gumberto, Sep 18 2019 - 22:24.

GenPanzer #7 Posted Sep 18 2019 - 22:30

Major

• Players
  • 45079 battles
  • [EFFIT] EFFIT

Players need to realize that not all events are for everyone.

Some are going to be too hard or require too much of a commitment. WG can't make everything easy or they lose the unicums. And they can't make everything too hard or they lose the casual gamer.

Casual gamers have already accepted that they will not be able to partake in all the offerings, but as long as they are thrown a bone once in a while, it's all good with them.

nasfan #8 Posted Sep 18 2019 - 22:37

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 28300 battles

View PostAcme1970, on Sep 18 2019 - 15:09, said:

Which is why i don't do any of these events, i only do randoms and whatever missions can be done in randoms, the obsessive need to grind every mission or event does not appeal to me anymore, it's one of the reasons i quit Warcraft after nine years, all those daily quests and holiday quests on seven toons every day, i couldn't take it anymore and i refuse to get involved with that stuff in this game, btw what was the event back in August called the one where you had to defend against the incoming waves, for the life of me i can't remember:confused:

well stated, my sentiments exactly, +1 Acme

GeorgePreddy #9 Posted Sep 18 2019 - 22:58

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

I ALWAYS play for fun... if an event feels fun for me, I do it. I play Randoms for fun, almost totally solo. I get my social play in Strongholds and an occasional Tourney.

But whatever I choose to do in WoT, the one requirement it must have is that it is fun for me.

I like Frontline, so I play a lot of it... I don't like the way Tank Rewards is at the moment, so I just check to see if I win anything "by accident" at the end of it (I always do of course).

Buttknuckle #10 Posted Sep 19 2019 - 00:47

Major

• Players
  • 52668 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

View PostAcme1970, on Sep 18 2019 - 21:09, said:

This is the answer. It was different when there were only a few missions a day. But since they've gone full mission overload I've pretty much stopped trying or even looking at the mission UI. Seriously, last time I looked I think I had something like 50 missions available and that doesn't count campaigns or events like frontlines, racing, mini games, etc.

Edited by Buttknuckle, Sep 19 2019 - 00:47.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users